PDA

View Full Version : How many characters will you play seriously with?

BulletTooth
May 6, 2006, 06:37 AM
Now that we know alot about the new characters. How many do you plan on building and playing seriously with?

EDIT

On top of adding how many characters, list the actual character you plan on making.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulletTooth on 2006-05-07 20:20 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
May 6, 2006, 07:08 AM
Well, considering that the X360 and PS2/PC servers are seperated - I'll probably end up having to create two accounts for both platforms so that I don't leave any of my friends behind. That will give me eight character slots total - and I do plan to fill them all up and use them. Some with duplicate characters which are on both versions - some unique characters.

Though I am fairly sure I will stick with 1 main character for both versions - my others will still get plenty of attention and be moderately leveled.

PJ
May 6, 2006, 07:14 AM
Both my extra mode character and my 4 online characters I plan to level extensively, so, 5 (For those who can't do the math... like me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Tact
May 6, 2006, 07:19 AM

Ethan (Offline) and my online/Extra mode character, Aneka. (Wow, what a recurring name!)

Dragon_Knight
May 6, 2006, 07:49 AM
I plan to play my two usual characters.

kassy
May 6, 2006, 07:56 AM
2 online characters, I'll probably make 2 other test characters, and keep the two I like best once I understand each classes strengths and weaknesses better.

linkzone
May 6, 2006, 07:59 AM
i just one one of each class.

Oji_Retta
May 6, 2006, 08:09 AM
I plan on playing only one character ^_^ Oji The Final Luminary.

scott1114
May 6, 2006, 08:13 AM
Ethan and extra/online mode also

Kou-Diacyper
May 6, 2006, 08:26 AM
Most likely just the one for a while.

Reystradamus
May 6, 2006, 08:26 AM
i plan on only using 1 character....on pso on the xbox i had a level174force and made 4 other characters...i should of kept goin till level 200...but wanted 2 try somethin else...i think imma just stick with 1 character till i get the highest level that i can achieve.

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 08:53 AM
3, its my number
Newman
Caseal
Beaseal
Geez I guess thats gonna be the term for them...beas..ea...l

BulletTooth
May 6, 2006, 09:12 AM
I chose two because I would like to be able to reach a high level,(150+) something I could never do in PSO because I made so many characters.

I figure if I only stuck with 2 characters I will be able to reach those levels in around 4-6 months. But hopefully SEGA does come through on all it's promises and force me to play for at least a year. In that case I might want to make another character so I can play with and help out low level friends.

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 09:19 AM
I like the long voyage to level cap, I wanna do it equal for all of my characters, IDK I guess everybody has different views.

RoninJoku
May 6, 2006, 09:24 AM
If challenge mode makes a comeback, and you can still only do it once per character, I will make 3 characters I play seriously, and leave a slot open for cmode characters... Of course I will have only 1 main character...

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 6, 2006, 09:31 AM
I'll definitely make a character for all 4 slots.... I'm not sure how much attention they'll all get in comparison to my main... but we'll see...

Mewn
May 6, 2006, 10:11 AM
4 online chars (1 female of each race), with my caseal main Felicienne being my main.

And an extra mode char, probably another caseal.

fronebullare
May 6, 2006, 10:19 AM
I'll have 2 chars.One cast and one beast(just to see how they are).My main char will be the cast (Jinorath).

pineapple
May 6, 2006, 10:34 AM
I'll play seriously with at least three characters. My main will be a RAnewm.

I also have a history of making and scrapping characters often just to try them out.

katiebowles
May 6, 2006, 10:40 AM
Just one for me. She will be a cast and wear purple. Oh how I miss my little GC Fomarl Katie with her purple dress and matching purple holy ray. May she rest in peace along with whatever other games were stored on the memory card with her.

F-o-x
May 6, 2006, 10:44 AM
I'll probably have three characters total. My main will be a Human with sort of a HUmar build and I'll play him the most. Later I'm planning on making a Human specializing in techs and a Cast version of my main specializing in guns.

OdinTyler
May 6, 2006, 11:28 AM
Knowing me, I'll use up all 4 slots. My old main, a Beast, probably a Cast & the 4th, a Newman banker that I may decide to lv up. When online is down, I'll hang with Ethan & crew.

vitius137
May 6, 2006, 12:22 PM
3 for me, one of each type

MXdude
May 6, 2006, 01:02 PM
My main will be a RAmarl(made about 4 or 5 on the GC, 2 on DC)
My second will most likely be a HUmar.
The other two slots will be for cmode(if available) and just creating and recreating to try all the different races.

peenk
May 6, 2006, 01:59 PM
I said 3 but who knows.
I thought beasts are going to suck fo sho but their rage sure looks kool and sounds useful.
I don't like casts but since I always pick hunters, I might make a cast/beast because I know I will not rely on techniques anymore.
Hard to say :/. I don't know how the new techniques feel like in PSU compared to PSO so I might even want to play a FO instead.
Plus, new PP on guns really makes it interesting for picking ranger.
Choices, so many choices, they drive me CrAzYa;lsdkfj;laksjgdsadfasdf;lkjasdf;ljasdflasdf

Tycho
May 6, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-05-06 06:53, TheStoicOne wrote:
3, its my number
Newman
Caseal
Beaseal

Nuh-uh! HUfurl, RAfurl, FOfurl! :(

Anyway. In any Ethan though I won't take him seriously (come on, if Story Mode would take ~50 hours, that doesn't really count, now does it?), and maybe I'll even try Extra Mode for a bit if they can convince me to. Beyond that, I'll make one character of each class, and will probably stick with leveling two or three of them.

Skye-Fox713
May 6, 2006, 03:56 PM
I'll have two main a human male ranger and a female beast ranger

StarLionsX
May 6, 2006, 04:05 PM
4 for me!

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-05-06 13:34, Tycho wrote:

On 2006-05-06 06:53, TheStoicOne wrote:
3, its my number
Newman
Caseal
Beaseal

Nuh-uh! HUfurl, RAfurl, FOfurl! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anyway. In any Ethan though I won't take him seriously (come on, if Story Mode would take ~50 hours, that doesn't really count, now does it?), and maybe I'll even try Extra Mode for a bit if they can convince me to. Beyond that, I'll make one character of each class, and will probably stick with leveling two or three of them.

LOL!! So the guys are HUfur's, RAfurs.LOL!! HUFUR!!! FOFURLOL! Thats not real fur thats FOFUR!! LOL! Ahhhh. I crack myself up >_>

mech259_
May 6, 2006, 06:09 PM
I'm planning on making 2-3 chars, but I'm sure that I'll only end up playing 1 of them seriously.
All I really want is one HU, one RA, one FO.
For the FO I'm making a newman, for the RA a cast, and for the HU a caseal. But I might make a caseal that switches between RA and HU. And either the cast/caseal will be my main. Haven't decided which one yet though. >_>

BulletTooth
May 7, 2006, 03:43 AM
It seems to me, the vast majority of people will have multiple characters, but only concentrate on just one character to get to the really high levels with......

I guess I can see that, considering the time it will take to get 2 or more to extremely high levels would probably be well over a year!

Sessilu
May 7, 2006, 04:08 AM
Likely 2, one for Human, and the other for experiments, like Cmode, and so on..

Neith
May 7, 2006, 03:57 PM
Hmm:

Female Beast, without a doubt- main character

Then I'll have a couple of alts for when I'm bored, likely a Newman Female, and a Cast (not sure on 'gender' yet). Don't really want a Human. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

BulletTooth
May 7, 2006, 10:27 PM
I said 2 and I think I am going to stick with it.

Character 1

Beast-Hunter-Male

Character 2

Cast-Ranger-Male

Which will be my main character?

TBD...

KaiNova7
May 7, 2006, 10:51 PM
2 characters...then once 1 of the two chars hit max level, i will make a force...
Main: Meele character:Undecided_Beast or Cast_
2nd main:Some type of ranger class: Cast or human...

Shade-
May 7, 2006, 11:09 PM
2 that I want to use.

One, a male beast. HU if there is some way to use a limited ammount of techs, or else FO and putting as much focus on close combat as the game engine allows.

The other a female RAcaseal. Guns guns guns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Which one I play as my "main" will depend on how the first character turns out. If there is 100% no way for a HU to use any techs, I'll probably play the RAcaseal as my main, and keep the FOfur (wtf? lol) for the "static" with me and my irl friends. If the first one can be how I really want it, it will be the other way around.

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 12:28 AM
It will probably cost more, and be impossible to have more than 4 characters

Zelutos
May 8, 2006, 01:51 AM
One sounds good to me.

astuarlen
May 8, 2006, 09:12 AM
Two, I figure: one female fleshy (probably human) and one caseal. I wasn't planning on the latter, but those robot chicks are hawt. ;o

Kupi
May 8, 2006, 10:46 AM
The odds favor just using one for me; a Newman Force, totally maxed out on casting. However, I also have plans for a Newman melee force (a bow-user at the very least), a Human Hunter, and a Beast, who'll either be a Ranger if Rangers can get access to dual claws, or a Hunter otherwise.

So... one or four, depending on factors too numerous to cite.

Sev
May 8, 2006, 12:25 PM
I know that I'll at least use one...

Other then that, I'm not really sure. With Sev, it's hard to determine how I want him to look this time around... I'll put my money on short though... Most likely short. Since I don't see anyway of changing and adjusting height and proportion at a later time, I might end up making 2 versions of the same exact character. Hunter for sure. Swords, then probably Saber/Dagger combo, Saber/Saber, Knuckles. Guess I'll wait and see.

I plan on 1 of each race, so I guess I'll just have to play it by ear. There's a good chance that one race won't get made though... I'll probably not make a Newman.

QuadTail
May 8, 2006, 03:57 PM
Well, a caseal for sure! <3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Probably ranger-ish.
Aaaaand, probably a forceish newearl.

-Klaus-
May 8, 2006, 04:00 PM
I plan to have 2 main characters:
A cast female and a beast female.... I'm making 2 more just for the hell of it. A Newman male and a Beast male.

chibiLegolas
May 8, 2006, 04:35 PM
I'd usually only make 3 serious characters to switch between. One when the game comes out and I play blindly like everyone else where not much secrets are released. And yet, relatively easy to play with with least complications.
Probably a female hunter beast. Look pretty and new, yet hit hard.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And a 2nd and 3rd when PSO World slowly learns all the tid bits on making the most on each character type so I can specialize my next 2 characters exactly how I want them to end up as.
Probably a FOcaseal
and attempt to properly make a melee FOmar.

sami_pso
May 9, 2006, 10:46 AM
one to start with, and after a while (like a month or 2 ) ill try using (the already created) other characters. but i think ill be using 1 as main and another as secondairy main char.

Nuclearranger
May 9, 2006, 06:57 PM
One online cast well... and ethan offline but that dosent count
named eather
Tetchura #105
or
Nathan
ANYone know if theres Selection IDs?

StarHedgehog
May 11, 2006, 05:01 PM
What would be cool in the Offline mode (not the story mode) is to create 4 of your characters, control 1 and have the computer control the other 3 during missions and combats. That would be fun idea and be a quicker way to level up your characters.

Saraphim
May 11, 2006, 06:48 PM
My main will be a Cast RA/FO (should be interesting). He will be old school looking, not a fleshie. My secondary will be a Beast Hunter. I will make him as huge as the character creater will let me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DikkyRay
May 11, 2006, 06:57 PM
Well Dikky cuz i need a ra/hu, and Lucius because i need a fo

Rurisho
May 11, 2006, 07:02 PM
I'm really tempted by the Beast class.. And aside from my standard character, i always have a ranger too. To save me from being the up-front-in-battle guy. So i guess three.

RedX
May 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
Two or three online. One Cast that will be as best I can do a recreation of the RAcast from PSO. He will as be short, so he is kid like. The other will be a Beast. I haven’t decided on much after that though. And third will be a Newman. No humans, never liked using them.

BulletTooth
May 13, 2006, 07:42 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think I am still going to make 2 characters, but get caught up on trying to level up one as high as possible and totally neglect my second character. It's like I already know I am going to goof up..

Sigh...

Saner
May 17, 2006, 09:52 AM
Managing one character will be so overwhelming, I might be too busy to play the offline story mode.

I in fact have at least 2 characters planned. but I might not switch back and forth. maybe I'll just use one and once they are maxed out or something, I might use my other character(s).

the good thing is that you can transfer items and stuff from one character to another, so that saves us from having to start completely from scratch when we use a new character.

Kano-Okami
May 17, 2006, 10:14 AM
I've always juggled between 2 characters since dreamcast, and I plan on doing the same with PSU.
I do it so I don't get bored or frustrated with one class/race as I level along and adds for some good diversity, seeing as even if you do have 2 of the same race/gender/class, you can always use a different style of play to mix it up.
Besides, I need a character for each of my psyche(s),
not that I'm..crazy..or anything..
<_<..
>_>..

Rihcky
May 17, 2006, 10:18 AM
One to start out with.
I can only play one character at a time seriously anyway.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 11:55 AM
On 2006-05-17 08:18, Rihcky wrote:
One to start out with.
I can only play one character at a time seriously anyway.

that's true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ANIMEniac
May 17, 2006, 05:53 PM
well it will be between 1-4. i know that sounds dumb but here are the 4 chars i plan on making:

Rina Matsugane - newman female

Jace Tridwell - Human Male

Gunner Ichi - cast

??? (possibly Tog Ethers) - beast

on PSO i have 12 chars and 7 of them are in ult. my highest being Rina at 187 then Jace at 132. so i will mos def play with them all, but might go hardcore with one char at a time at times.

Shrevn
May 20, 2006, 11:15 AM
Im leveling one to the highest lv i guess 200 either FO or RA not sure which yet

SirenV
May 20, 2006, 12:50 PM
I'm definately going to start out with one character (Hunter Numan), but then once that one starts to get somewhere I'll probably start another (Marl/Caseal/Beast..eal). The shared box between characters in the bedroom will make sharing items easier, so it may be nice to save some things for a second character. I probably won't start a third or fourth until later on when I want to play with character creation again and have something new for more variety. But I'll be focusing mainly on 1(or 2) characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-05-20 10:52 ]</font>

GhostDog3
May 20, 2006, 05:00 PM
Beside Ethan only my Cast for the on line. I may create a FOrce once I get bored of my Cast.

Inazuma
May 20, 2006, 05:04 PM
one char for me.

female newman force

CherryLunar
May 20, 2006, 05:38 PM
Three serious, one...not...so serious.
A Newman Hunter
A Cast Hunter
A Beast Ranger
and
A Newman Force