PDA

View Full Version : You think they will add updates like new clothes and weapons

drago171
May 6, 2006, 01:04 PM
topic

vitius137
May 6, 2006, 02:02 PM
i hope so, im not paying approximately $10 CAD a month for nothing! (save for an awesome game)

Dre_o
May 6, 2006, 02:53 PM
I can almost guarantee ST will hire AT LEAST 5 people just to think up new clothes and weapons.

patient
May 6, 2006, 03:16 PM
I am really disturbed about the no PS2-HD support. That means no new content once the game is launched. It also means no patches or hot-fixes.

Bad scene.

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 03:29 PM
But no one but the devs know exactly how much content will actually be in the game. So I will just be happy if there will be enough for everybody to customize their character to their liking, w/o everybody having the same clothes/accessories,...etc. And who knows maybe later they'll make one compatible for hard drive Ps2's so they can patch and stuff, who knows if we'll even need patches.

Kou-Diacyper
May 6, 2006, 03:41 PM
They may actually be already installed in the game, it's just that ST will unlock them as the game progresses.

StarLionsX
May 6, 2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, the content has to be on the disk already. Just like the old pso's, they would unlock new stuff. 4000 kbs for memory that is needed for pso might be enough stuff for us to enjoy anyway! Is that correct?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-05-06 14:16 ]</font>

vitius137
May 6, 2006, 04:27 PM
kinda makes me wish it was pc only so there would be more patches, updates and stuff. but that would be completely unfair to those with bad computers and internet connections.

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 04:48 PM
(GLARES DAGGERS AT VIT!!) *_*(die, die die, for saying that) LOL!

StarLionsX
May 6, 2006, 04:49 PM
Heh, that was funny.

PhotonCat
May 6, 2006, 06:59 PM
They may actually be already installed in the game, it's just that ST will unlock them as the game progresses.

That doesn't mean jack. They still cannot ADD anything into the game they didn't think of before.
There cannot be huge patches or expansions. Expect there to be hardly any updates. I do find that disapointing and wish they had the HDD required or just not released it for PS2.

Kou-Diacyper
May 6, 2006, 07:07 PM
Don't be so easy to dismiss, the game has been in development for a long time, and there is a certain doubt regarding costumes that they will all of a sudden come out with radical new designs. There can be expansions as the characters are saved server side, the player will just need to buy the expansion disc and the character will be able to play on there. It's just in the case of critical updates, like bringing out something to battle certain cheats.

Enfeari
May 6, 2006, 07:30 PM
I am sure that since PSU will be on a newer-gen system, that there will be downloadable content for it. Or at least I hope so.

physic
May 6, 2006, 08:42 PM
uh psu is on an older gen system, ps2 is no more "new" than GC, And yeah ps2 limits teh ability a lot, its prolly also why they had to take so long, other wise they could have been updating and improving thegame while people play. Im sure they will offer expansions or upgrades to the game, but those will be seperate costs and ps2 support means teh entire game cant be bigger than 1 game sized dvd. oh well. not much to be done about this now. the descision has been made

Stepper
May 6, 2006, 09:56 PM
On the PSU FAQ, it mentions that patches and security updates will be done using the PS2 memory card. I don't know how accurate that information is, but it seems like a possiblity to me.

linkzone
May 6, 2006, 10:05 PM
they could kick it to the ps3 (though i hate the idea cause im not buying that system) and offer like a discount off ps3 for anyone who reserved PSU for the old ps2. i doubt it but that way they could get away with sending it over to the ps3.

REJ-
May 6, 2006, 11:07 PM
Perhaps they'll releae a new version of PSU, like they did with PSO.

Sgt_Shligger
May 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
Wait, PSU is coming out for PC, PS2, and 360 right? PS2 is the only one w/o HDD so you can't download patches?

vitius137
May 6, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-05-06 21:07, REJ- wrote:
Perhaps they'll releae a new version of PSU, like they did with PSO.

ill be damned if i have to buy 2 copies of psu to get all the awesomeness. isnt it going o be like $70 US? T_T

physic
May 7, 2006, 12:12 AM
they ll keep patches to a minimum, probably only for simple quest changes and system fixes. you ll probably be able to get new content in the line of what was available of pso. they can use old maps, or mix and match maps, add text, do stuff thats alreday in game, what you probably wont see is any really new stuff like new maps, textures, graphics, even a new song would be too much. SInce ps2 and PC is said tro be connected, i wouldnt expect that there would be anything on pc that the ps2ers cant get.
Yes, it is possible they can make a whole new disc, but the totall size will never be bigger than the size of 1 disc, i doubt they will have any disc changing since any new info has to be available on teh fly, not like hlaf of teh game can simply disapear.
i think RO and maybe FFXI with all expansions and what not, are prolly up to more than dvd size now. RO is definately like a gig, i think FFXI prolly is too.

as far expansions, yeah there prolly wont be one till at least a year if there is one, and they are usually a lil cheaper.

pineapple
May 7, 2006, 12:25 AM
I'm going to be pretty upset if they can't patch any exploits that are found because PS2 players won't need the HDD. It kinda makes me want separate servers...

vitius137
May 7, 2006, 12:34 AM
same, but then that wopuld be bad for our ps2 counterparts (not the right word but it sounds good in that sentence)

linkzone
May 7, 2006, 12:45 AM
Its all about the PC baby.

physic
May 7, 2006, 01:55 AM
well in truth, most bugs can be dealt with with a relatively small amount of code, graphics and music are usually the things that take up a lot of info. In tehory they should be able to fix most bugs with the memory they have

then again they never fixed anything in any pso with the memory card.. so maybe its not feasible for some other reason....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2006-05-06 23:56 ]</font>

MXdude
May 7, 2006, 08:59 AM
With the 360 being seperate, and having the marketplace on xbox live, I could see ST having downloadable content with the 360.

RoninJoku
May 7, 2006, 09:04 AM
On 2006-05-07 06:59, MXdude wrote:
With the 360 being seperate, and having the marketplace on xbox live, I could see ST having downloadable content with the 360.

I can see that... Unfortunately for us PS2/PCers... I don't really think there will be that kind of content released over time... But there is always the possibility that they keep it real well hidden on the disc...

RFB
May 7, 2006, 09:31 AM
Remember PSO EP 1&2.
Not only did they not release new areas or anything of the like for it, even tho the XBox has a hard drive, but, the XBox version used to be behind on easter, christmas. new online quests, etc etc etc.

I dont think that will change for PSU.

Kou-Diacyper
May 7, 2006, 09:49 AM
Well, they did technically release new areas, control tower is an example of that, it's just that they weren't "added" after release.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kou-Diacyper on 2006-05-07 07:49 ]</font>

kassy
May 7, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-05-06 16:59, PhotonCat wrote:

That doesn't mean jack. They still cannot ADD anything into the game they didn't think of before.
There cannot be huge patches or expansions. Expect there to be hardly any updates. I do find that disapointing and wish they had the HDD required or just not released it for PS2.

Um that's what he/she meant, content already stored on the disk, waiting to be "unlocked" is the best we can hope for with no HDD support.

They will most definately have unlockable content, I can't think of a reason for them not to.

Reystradamus
May 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
can we wait till the game is realeased....be4 we talk about content updates and new levels...the game aint even released yet DAM!!!

vitius137
May 7, 2006, 12:48 PM
lol, sonic team. you've painted yourselves into quite a corner this time.

Tystys
May 7, 2006, 03:36 PM
Meh, I don't know. I'm happy because I don't need to buy an extra peripheral to play this game unlike some others...(if you don't know what I'm talking about you need a slap, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). But the problem is that there won't be any cool new missions and stuff. Hoo boy...Playing the same thing over and over again might get a bit old. Then again, I'm still playing PSO:BB, so who knows, maybe this game will be so addictive, I won't care about it being potentially repetetive, O_O

oShojino
May 7, 2006, 08:59 PM
Since PS3 will be backward compatible with PS2, they may just hold off updates till PS3 comes out. This works two fold, as it motivates more people to get a PS3 while building a bigger audience. Sega could still support the PS2, but they could play with out updates (unless they got an update disk) or seperate servers. Personally, I still think Ps2 was a bad choice.. you could get a Pc that decently runs PSU for 500 dollars.. even less if you build it yourself.

VelosofLight
May 7, 2006, 11:40 PM
Well, there'll be anti-cheating patches and tweaks, but patches like things that'll involve new textures and things are... big.

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 12:26 AM
they had no HD on GC PSO, and it had a ton of stuff on the disc.

for updates the ps2 versions will probably have all the info needed.

Hotsuma
May 8, 2006, 01:56 AM
Well back on magazine previews and interviews, ST said there would be weekly quests and stuff added to the game, so either they lied or... there will be plenty of stuff added here and there, they just have a plan on how to do it, or... the PS2ers are just screwed, which sucks but... well what can you do, it's sony's fault for killing the HD with the stupid slim model, and really it might be unfair to PS2ers but it would also be unfair for the PC and 360 owners to not get that content because of the PS2 version so.. We shall se what ST has planned, they are tricky innovative people, let's wait and see what they have in store. I hope for frequent quest upfdates and content updates to keep the game fresh, regardless if the PS2 can't patch, for that just upgrade your PC or get 360 version. Don't wish for minimal updates fo the people who have PCs and 360's we paid good money for them lol, we want content! We want to see a special quest where you see Nei doing the peanut butter jelly with Dark Falz and Olg Flow as the DJ!!! Don't take away our dreams... :'(

physic
May 8, 2006, 02:01 AM
they will definately have peridoic unlockable content, but that is limited to whats already designed into teh game. As far as PC people getting jerked, if teh servers are connected, they will most likely make teh PS2 limitations be everyones, if people are on the same servers, they sort of need the same clients, otherwise person A steps into teh lobby with teh new gear you dont have on you HDD and teh game crashes (while there are some ways to avoid this, they peolly wont bother)

-Klaus-
May 8, 2006, 08:05 PM
Well.... Let's think for a moment.

I remember reading on an official site for PSU in the online section it said,

"...In an online world with ever changing surroundings, and new content..." then it said something about adding things every so often to that the game doesn't get monatonous. If I find the link I'll post it... but I definately remember reading something like that. So, technically... I was sort of thinking that perhaps they'd bundle the HDD with PSU for ps2 like tehy did for FFXI, or maybe they have something more to this.

DarK-SuN
May 9, 2006, 09:27 AM
It seems some people can't read or don't know enough about the way online patching for the PS2 works (probably the later, I hope).

PSU's PS2 version bug fixes and patches will be handled like any other PS2 online game (someone even mentioned it already in this very post, but was ignored, it's also mentioned in the PSOW PSU FAQ, which people are doubting, but it was officially announced).
In other words, a new executable is downloaded into the memory card (PSU's executable is no more than 4megs, fits perfectly in a memory card), along with anything else that may require tweaking (item databases, etc) and the game will use those to boot instead of the default material.

Monster Hunter, KillZone and pretty much every PS2 online enabled game uses this patching method and it works just fine.
PSU will be no different.