PDA

View Full Version : Another question that may annoy

Alexandrious
May 6, 2006, 05:32 PM
Yes yes I know bout searching and such. Thing is im seeing all these vids with the betaers running round in cities and such and I couldnt find info anywhere on this so I gotta ask.

Are their supposed "Ships/Blocks" in psu in any form? How are the servers divided up exactly? My Team Leader wishes to know about this.

Ithecih
May 6, 2006, 05:38 PM
from what i've read i think its set up the way PSO was.

TheStoicOne
May 6, 2006, 05:40 PM
Its set up as, wait I forget...nevermind >_>LOL!

mech259_
May 6, 2006, 05:43 PM
There are no lobbies or "ships/blocks". When you log on, the game places you in a random server at the area you logged out from. So if you logged out in Cylez City, that is where you will appear when you log on. And from there you can travel to any other world or run around and kill stuff or whatever. Everything is just one big world, or universe, basically. =P

You can change servers by looking around for floating cube things in cities and outposts. They will move you to any other server of your choice.

Alexandrious
May 6, 2006, 06:42 PM
Thankyou then. My Team leader wants to make a meeting area for our Transfer team from PSO to PSU. Considering thier is no Team feature, this was vital knowledge needed for planning. So I needed this information. Thankyou again.

Mewn
May 7, 2006, 03:19 AM
To clarify what Mech said.

The red diamonds in cities/outposts will switch the Universe (i.e. Server) that you're currently on.

The multi-coloured cubes are there to recharge the PP of your weapons for a small fee.

RoninJoku
May 7, 2006, 09:01 AM
Thank god you aren't stuck on the server you start on... -_-;

Kayai
May 7, 2006, 10:45 AM
yeah, cause FFXI stuck you in one server *shudder* it was hell

VelosofLight
May 7, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-05-07 08:45, Kayai wrote:
yeah, cause FFXI stuck you in one server *shudder* it was hell

I sorta liked it, to be honest. I mean, for FFXI. I'm glad this isn't split up that way...

KUJATA FOREVER! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 12:30 AM
I'm sure the guild cards will have the "go to" option like before, once you logon and search for friends