PDA

View Full Version : 360/PC/PS2?

Sgt_Shligger
May 6, 2006, 11:43 PM
I am not sue if this goes here but this seems the most likely forum. When PSU comes out, it will be released on all these consoles but I can't decide what I will choose.

The 360 is too expensive right now but it will have full voice support. How much does Xbox live cost for the 360? Does anyone know if it will be cheaper by Fall and, if so, how much?

The PC version will be good because my computer is ecellent but it will be awkward playing it with PC controls. Is there going to be a monthly fee for the PC version? If there is how much?

The PS2 version will be cheapest because it is free internet but, again, is there a price per month to play the game? The PS2 doesn't support HDD though so I will miss out on updates.

Axios-
May 6, 2006, 11:47 PM
I'd say your best bet could be getting it on PC and playing with a gamepad since the 360 is too expensive as you stated and because you'll get to play with the full PC and PS2 crowds. You could also go with the PS2 (there will be a monthly fee no matter which version like PSO, and don't worry about updates), but it seems that you enjoy your computer. Thus, a gamepad should solve your only quarrel with the PC. It's what I'm doing anyways.

vitius137
May 6, 2006, 11:53 PM
i agree, pc is the way to go (at least in your situation)
if you dont like controls get a gamepad (as mentioned above)

Sgt_Shligger
May 6, 2006, 11:57 PM
Do you guys have any suggestions where to get a decent game pad? Wally-world doesn't have any good ones.......

physic
May 7, 2006, 12:05 AM
you can get usb to gamepad devices for almost any of your favored controllers. i use a radio shack pc to ps2 one for soem things myself

Jasonsama81
May 7, 2006, 12:08 AM
I'm in quite a tight spot in terms of deciding myself...
Though with all the "rumors" and talk about the 360 being an entity on it's own without any connectivity with the PC and PS2 users... along with the possibility of a later 360 release... ? If that's even truely confirmed... again more rumor. But I think PC is probably the best bet... In your case, definitely... since you're only dillema was the gamepad issue, which is an easy fix, like physic says. I'm using the same PC > Ps2 adapter. Works great.

Axios-
May 7, 2006, 12:08 AM
Ehhh...it shouldn't take much looking around to get a decent one. A couple years ago I bought a $15 one at K-Mart (because Wal-Mart didn't have any) and it still works just fine.

Here's a topic that discusses this a bit more: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=111278&forum=20

qoxolg
May 7, 2006, 04:55 AM
if you are looking for a gamepad try to get this one: link (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=11,CONTENTID=6951)

it's almost identical to the PS2 controller so it will be compatible with PSU.

By the way.. with the PC version you would also miss every update cause the PS2 and PC servers are combined.. remember?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: qoxolg on 2006-05-07 02:57 ]</font>

scott1114
May 7, 2006, 06:16 AM
I'm getting on ps2. I was first thinking of getting it on PC but I realized I didn't want to rely on SEGA for both online and offline. I mean, with the PC version requiring a constant internet connection even for offline, If server are down online, will they be offline?

Reystradamus
May 7, 2006, 11:09 AM
ur best bet is to get it on PS2 its the cheapest.....just gotta pay a monthly fee 2 play psu....and the new ps2 is online ready...dont gotta buy a Network Adapter....If ur PC can play games though..go for it.

Kimil
May 7, 2006, 12:06 PM
Personnally I'm going with PS2, b/c my PC is a laptop with a 1.6 gigahert processor, and though I play PSO online with my XBOX right now, I'm not planning on getting an XBOX 360. The only thing you'd have to buy for a PS2 s a UBS keyboard and a Memory card.

Sgt_Shligger
May 7, 2006, 12:06 PM
I will stick to the PC... i need to get an adaptor though... Qoxolg, those controlers have a big flaw... I own one. They are not touch sensitive. They don't have a slow move just stop and go.

Kimil
May 7, 2006, 12:07 PM
Personnally I'm going with PS2, b/c my PC is a laptop with a 1.6 gigahert processor, and though I play PSO online with my XBOX right now, I'm not planning on getting an XBOX 360. The only thing you'd have to buy for a PS2 s a UBS keyboard and a Memory card.

Reystradamus
May 7, 2006, 07:11 PM
how much is a keyboard for ps2?

Nuclearranger
May 7, 2006, 08:35 PM
20$ - to beond . just depends on how nice your going