PDA

View Full Version : What are the differences between the weapon types?

Zorafim
May 7, 2006, 02:46 PM
I've noticed that great swords hit multible enemies, daggers hit the same enemy multiple times, mech guns hit very quickly, and rifles do slow strong bursts of damage from a distance. What about the other weapon types? Is everyone going to need a set of weaponry like they did in PSO (crowd control, damage over time, ranged damage, etc)?

Sgt_Shligger
May 7, 2006, 03:05 PM
You should really check the site before you post this....

All the weapons will be able to hit like there old counter parts mostly. A lot of melee weapons will be able to hit multiple enemies by the us of a special move called a photon art i think...... go read the weapons guide.

Zorafim
May 7, 2006, 03:16 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't realize they've updated the page. I scaned through the PSU section once, and didn't bother to scan through for any updates. Thanks for telling me.

Ryna
May 7, 2006, 03:17 PM
The existing Weapons guide doesn't really address his question that well. He is wondering if you'll need to keep an assortment of weapons on you. The answer to that question is "yes." If you are a Ranger or Hunter, you will definitely want to keep a Handgun, group weapon, and one-on-one weapon on you. The weapons you choose for that will be based on personal preference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-07 13:18 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 7, 2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

One other question, how will upgrading weaponry be like? I've heard something along the lines of leveling weapon skills, which seemed similar to FFXI's system. I've also heard about grinding weapons, seemingly similar to pso's grinding. Besides that, how else is can you upgrade your weapons? Will there be droped/store bought weapon upgrades?

Tystys
May 7, 2006, 03:29 PM
I havn't heard about this leveling up our weaponry, but grinding works by getting some sort of drop that increases the stats of your weapon(I think. That's how it works pretty much in PSO).

mechatra
May 7, 2006, 03:35 PM
You level up your photon art skills through usage of a weapon, but certain classes can only level them up to a certain point. For example forces can't lvl their blade photon arts past lvl1 in the Beta.

There's actually a whole section on this website on grinding so read that for a more detailed explanation.

Jasonsama81
May 7, 2006, 03:42 PM
One question I did have regarding weapons, and weapon types. Do the different races have different animations like in PSO? From what I can tell in the beta movies so far, everyone seems to have the same moveset. While not very important in most aspects, it was a nice little touch of individuality.