PDA

View Full Version : What will you do when the game comes out?

Turks68
May 7, 2006, 06:11 PM
Will you jump right online and start your online character, play through the campaign, or split between the two? I'm going to be playing the 360 version and will probably jump right online because I love the online aspect. Single player looks great but I love the phantasy star community.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to play a little single player first though just to get used to the new play controls. I'm sure there will be some walkthroughs or help menu's in the campaing as there often is with rpg's

Pseudo
May 7, 2006, 06:26 PM
I'll go online straight away, do the tutorial and get my bearings and probably level a few times before finding people to party with. Being in the UK we tend to get the games a lot later so i will have to play catch-up for a while, The added bonus of being 23 (yes im old *shut it* ^_^) and being self-employed will give me that much more leisure time to level and get better with the game.
( I feel sorry for you kids that have to go to school heh heh)

MasterChuck
May 7, 2006, 06:28 PM
Jump straight into the online mode. To be honest, I'm not at all interested in the offline game.

Skye-Fox713
May 7, 2006, 06:33 PM
I'll probably play offline extera mode and switch between the story mode cause i'm not willing to put out the money for online mode, but offline will be almost just as good with extera mode. I' m also interisted in how good the voice acting is for the story mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-05-07 16:37 ]</font>

Spellbinder
May 7, 2006, 06:39 PM
What will I do when I get this game? .... probably wet myself >.>

Stepper
May 7, 2006, 06:42 PM
I'm going to start off in the offline mode first, so I can get the hang of everything before going online. After that, I don't plan on playing the offline mode very often.

Tystys
May 7, 2006, 06:49 PM
Straight into Online mode, buddy.

StarLionsX
May 7, 2006, 06:58 PM
1. I'm going to format my memory card.

2.Then im going to GO ONLINE!!!!

Reystradamus
May 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
imma read the instructional manaul for 5minutes...play offline for 1minute....then SIGN ONLINE..HOLLA!!!

Miphesto
May 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
you know, people keep saying the 360 version is not gonna have a high population...yet i keep seeing a TON of ppl saying they will play the 360 version..i know i will be...

i really dont think that light 360 server population is going to be an issue, and even if it is..you can only play with 6 ppl at a time anyways

voxie
May 7, 2006, 07:10 PM
I have never been one of the many people to line up outside a shop to buy something as soon as it opens.

But for PSU, I imagine I will http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'll probably do an hour or so of story mode and then jump online soon afterwards!

Tystys
May 7, 2006, 07:11 PM
Pre Order FTW

Reystradamus
May 7, 2006, 07:17 PM
imma pre-order after THE release date is finally released.

StarLionsX
May 7, 2006, 07:22 PM
Hmmm...I pre-ordered, was that a bad thing on my part?

Reystradamus
May 7, 2006, 07:39 PM
nah that wasnt bad on ya part...i just dont wanna pre-order now...then it gets pushed back another year or somethin...i rather wait till its finalized.

RFB
May 7, 2006, 07:51 PM
I'll run like a rabid dog to my local game shop, and yell to the shop keeper "GIVE ME MY F****** GAME OR I'LL TEAR YOU APART"

Oh. wait. no, thats what I did for PSO v2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll probably just giggle like a little schoolgirl once I get it in my mail(just like I did with Ep1&2), because I'm not waiting for the EU release. Either JP or US version for me.

StarLionsX
May 7, 2006, 07:55 PM
Let's just hope that it does'nt get pushed back.

ShadowTH1000
May 7, 2006, 07:57 PM
first I'm going to scream like a little girl, then I'm probably going to play Offline to get the hang of the game. Since I'll have a job by the time the game comes out, I'll be able to play Online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VelosofLight
May 7, 2006, 11:12 PM
I'm going to sell one of my kidneys to buy two copies of PSU. I'll play the computer version online and the PS2 version offline, simultaneously. Then I'll probably wake up, cry myself back to sleep, wake up again, and then think about which I'll play first while I'm driving to Gamestop. Distracted with my thoughts, I'll crash into the Sonic-Team delivery truck, causing a diesel fire and melting the entire stock. I will of course be killed, and will go directly to heaven. (And yes, I do get to pass Go.) In heaven, I'll have four arms, and live out my original dream-plan of playing both. Meanwhile, everyone south of the Mason-Dixon line will have to go a few more months without PSU. Them's the breaks, guys.

StarLionsX
May 7, 2006, 11:16 PM
LOL!

VelosofLight
May 7, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-05-07 21:16, StarLionsX wrote:
LOL!

Thank you. I accept payment by PayPal, checks, or money-order.

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 12:27 AM
Straight to the lobbies then hooking up with a cool crowd.

BulletTooth
May 8, 2006, 08:05 AM
This will be the first game I play online first then after I played online for a few hours(say 4 or 5) then I will go offline. Me and my friends have been waiting a loooooong time for this. No point on waiting any longer once we do actually get it!

CherryLunar
May 8, 2006, 08:24 AM
Knowing how server based things work... I'll claim my names online, stay on for a few hours, then jump offline and play through the offline story for awhile. Hop between the two.

I'm nearly as excited about the offline mode as the online mode. Call me crazy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Padium
May 8, 2006, 02:50 PM
I'll run out to the new EB games near where I am and buy it, get home, forget to open the package because I'm so excited, and wonder why I can't get the game into my 360. Then looking at the ackage, I'll open it stick it in, and wonder whether to play online or offline first. I'll take so long making up my mind that it will be the next day before I play, and I will have only looked at the instruction manual. It will make me look like a total noob to anyone who doesn't know me, and people will think I'm too stupid to just get right into it.

In the meantime, while I wait for it, dreaming of my little newman force going into battle with techs I haven't yet seen, but only can imagine will have to do for me.

Zorafim
May 8, 2006, 03:49 PM
First, I'ma play story mode. It'll let me get the hang of the game, and learn the back story of the game. Then, I'm going to play around with extra mode. It should be nearly identicle to online mode, so it'll let me see what I can do. After that, I'm going to cancel my FFXI content ID and start with PSU online.

-Klaus-
May 8, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-05-07 16:28, MasterChuck wrote:
Jump straight into the online mode. To be honest, I'm not at all interested in the offline game.

Same.

drago171
May 8, 2006, 05:53 PM
360 online all the way baby!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Feran
May 8, 2006, 06:18 PM
lose my social life

Dahilia
May 8, 2006, 06:33 PM
Probably just do online mode. I'll play the story and extra mode if I get bored.

Tystys
May 8, 2006, 07:07 PM
Wait, is Florida south of the mason dixie line? Because if it is...I'MA KILL JOO BISHIE

Faltz
May 8, 2006, 07:12 PM
When I get the game...hmmm lets see.

Hopefully I'll have my Greendot Visa, then I'll register what ever I have to do...then online mode! Yeah...but there are consquenses for this matter. To play a game so holy...you must give up something.

1. My life. My parents will kill me for the p2p...-_-

2. My social life outside of the game. meh...

3. My chance to go out with the girl my dreams.

aw shiznacks. -_-

Kupi
May 8, 2006, 08:21 PM
I'll probably play offline a little bit first so I don't look completely clueless. However, online will probably be a part of my first play session. From there, I'm going to do an as-yet indefinite split between the two until the offline part's finished. As a fanfic writer, I want to get familiar with the canon so I don't run into issues with any official plot statements.

RoninJoku
May 8, 2006, 08:32 PM
After all the instalations of course, I will hop online and meet up with my brother... Then we are going to totally go shopping! Then when we realize we don't have enough money to buy anything, we will be forced to head down to fight monsters! Then back to shopping! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MXdude
May 8, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-05-08 17:07, Tystys wrote:
Wait, is Florida south of the mason dixie line? Because if it is...I'MA KILL JOO BISHIE

Yes, it is far south of the mason dixon line.

Deltra
May 8, 2006, 09:00 PM
This is probably when PSU comes out.

1. Decide whether to get PSU for PS2 or PC.

2. Play story mode to get used to the controls.

3. After 2 - 3 days, I cancel my PSOBB account or RuneScape membership and get PSU online.

4. I'll be online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

sami_pso
May 9, 2006, 09:47 AM
ill run to the stores get the reserved copy of pso and run back! (well i think ill go by bike).
then i setup the connection and go online. say hello to psu adiction. i am european so ill need to catch up with the american people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ill probaly try some soloing/tuts first.

Saiffy
May 9, 2006, 10:13 AM
I'll probably go online right away, so I have a nice high level character when a certain someone gets the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll probably play offline during lulls online, extra mode if I can't afford, or just wanna try a new class/race combination.

F-o-x
May 9, 2006, 10:46 AM
What I'll do is probably go online to create my characters straight away (because I'm not sure if two characters can have the same name), then go offline for a few hours to familiarize myself with the new points in the gameplay.

As a long-time Phantasy Star fan, I'm also just as excited about offline mode as I am about online.

Neural_Nebula
May 9, 2006, 11:09 AM
What are my plans? Well... do you honestly want to know?

1. Sign off my package and dismiss the mailman promptly.
2. Amble back up my staircase in a semi-quadrupedal fashion and return to my lair.
3. Set my recent acquisition down upon the floor, seat myself down, pause... pause some more... pinch myself a tad, take in my bearings to make sure I'm still in reality.
4a. I'm slow to realize that I cannot access the goods unless I strip it off its papery protective shell.
4b. I proceed to assault my quarry, tearing into its outer shell as a hungry hyena might. As I approach the second layer my tenacity wanes, instead I now slow down to a snail-pace, letting each papery shard fall to the ground before tearing off another piece, my eyes ever-widening.
4c. Restrain myself from 'over-salivating' while engaging in the above process.
5. Set my prize down and eyeball it, letting an eerie silence beset the room. This 'religious experience' continues for half an hour on end.
6. Tentatively my hands reach out to embrace the sacred object, ever wary as to let nothing taint the artifact nor the sanctuary encircling me; the bearer.
7. With dexterous fingers I usher the secondary layer to part to expose the never before seen illustrious core.
8. Alongside it there are some sacred scriptures, I will myself to gain the knowledge it contains within.
9. I then turn my interest back to 'the core'. I grasp cautiously at its gleaming sides and hold it up momentarily to observe it.
10a. It just so happens I possess the knowledge of how to reveal the secrets it holds therein. I waste no time in approaching 'the catalyst', a not so quaint article... rather a tall imposing monolith supposedly stained black with age.
10b. I jab a tenuous finger out to touch a glowing panel at its side, it whines in answer, ejecting a larger panel with a circular indentation gracing its side.
10c. Anxiously now, my arm extends to place 'the core' upon this impression, a gasp escaping my lips as I secure it into place and the panel retreats from whence it came.
10d. It is time... I reach out to caress the form of an even mightier presence than the one before it, I press in at a certain point upon its chasse and a world of colour ensues....

I have seen the light...

Parting from the Archaic crap for now I'll cut to the specifics, as soon as the switch flicks on I'll be throwing myself straight into the online realm and not look back. Seeing as how I reside in the UK I'll be quite a ways behind so look out guys... I'm-ma comin'!

I guess once I reach a substantial level I'll finally dabble in the offline mode, well I’ll certainly be giving it more attention than just the cursory glance at least... I wanna' be in the know when it comes to the background story. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neural_Nebula on 2006-05-09 13:34 ]</font>

Jozon
May 9, 2006, 11:58 AM
Preorder+tent=first to get a copy
But I'm probably going to go online first and level like crazy and do offline when the servers go down for maintenance, updates, etc. I'll probably do offline in between though, if I can't find a group.

StarLionsX
May 9, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-05-08 17:07, Tystys wrote:

LOL, this is getting good!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-05-09 10:03 ]</font>

Roken
May 9, 2006, 03:08 PM
After I get it, I'll take care of whatever registration I'll have to do since Im on PS2, go online, create my character, after getting through it for a few levels and what-not, maybe play offline for a while to get the hang of things.. then back to online for most of the time.

Zephyr_
May 9, 2006, 03:26 PM
I'll buy the game, when the game comes out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif .

CrazyLegs
May 9, 2006, 04:49 PM
I can only paly once a week for 2 hours....not worth 10.00 a month! I'll probobly stick offline.

Rei-San
May 9, 2006, 06:15 PM
I think I'll wait for the 360 version to come out. So I can wait. Meanwile I think I'll play PSOBB. I'm just about to get it.