PDA

View Full Version : Do clothes affect stats?

Kalamari
May 7, 2006, 08:52 PM
Ive never played any of the Phantasy Star games but I plan on getting PSU for the pc. I watched some videos about the game and it seems like there is alot of different clothing you can wear. I was just wondering if the clothes add to defense and other stuff or is it just for show?

_Tek_
May 7, 2006, 09:21 PM
No way, clothes are meant for the visual aspect of yoru character. If everything was based on stats, everyone would have the same couple of clothes that gave the best stats.

A2K
May 7, 2006, 09:33 PM
They cause your Meseta stat to go down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pineapple
May 7, 2006, 09:47 PM
it would be so obnoxious if everyone wore giant heart shaped glasses that spewed rainbows because they had the best defense.

Kano-Okami
May 7, 2006, 10:07 PM
hehe...
..reminds me of chu-chu fever..
But no, Those don't effect your stats.
Rather, its units that are able to offer a physical and statistical change to your character.

physic
May 7, 2006, 10:20 PM
well tattoos are the only thing that has a real effect that people have seen at this time, who knows though, it may change later.

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 12:32 AM
by tattoes do you mean the glowing patterns on their clothes?

Because those are just changing the element resistant setting on your overal armor, and doesn't really reflect the costume you are wearing. It just a visual

Feran
May 8, 2006, 12:36 AM
No, the tattos(visual design on arm) is a beast-only thing that enables nano-blast.

And by stat-improving "clothes" there is invisible armor, and units to go in the slots that armor has, that DOES effect stats.

And yes there is a whole selection of "visible" clothing, that does nothing to stats. (Sorta like dressing room outa PSO[ummm ignore this kala... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif])

I forgot... there is a unit that goes in the "extra slot" (only one line of armor[so far]has a slot for it) that increaes endurance by 3 AND gives your character a flaming aura. (cool...just cool)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feran on 2006-05-07 22:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feran on 2006-05-07 22:38 ]</font>

Kalamari
May 8, 2006, 02:17 PM
Alright, thanks for the replies guys. Im just used to games like Diablo II and Final Fantasy XI where armor effects certain stats.