PDA

View Full Version : How many would like to see a Battle mode Feature??

KaiNova7
May 7, 2006, 11:01 PM
An actual battle mode feature, similiar to pso but much more balanced, winning mathces is based on skill and to a degree your equipment you find...

I can just imagine clan battles or tournaments...and the battle option is totaly seperate from adventure gameplay just like in pso...so those who dont wanna battle does not have to be bothered...

In pso, battle mode gave me another reason to find better rares, so i can stand a chance against the competion..

So what you all think??...

A2K
May 7, 2006, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't say it was a must, but I think it'd be pretty nice if they went all-out with PvP. Different modes, objectives, that sort of thing.

KaiNova7
May 7, 2006, 11:15 PM
No one care to vote??

vitius137
May 7, 2006, 11:16 PM
team battles would be cool.

_glowstiq_
May 7, 2006, 11:18 PM
I feel battle mode is essential just so I can feel like I COULD do it if I wanted to, thought I loathe PVP for some reason outside of FPS games.

KaiNova7
May 7, 2006, 11:18 PM
*thumbs up*

VelosofLight
May 7, 2006, 11:21 PM
I think little mini-game sorts of things are a must. Sure, Battle-Mode, but little gimmiks like GoGo Ball really made the game amusing. What I wish with Battle Mode though, which I know this is something I won't get, is a Battle Mode arena where you could bring more than just a Party's worth of people. Maybe 24 or so, instead of 6. So Free-For-All, or 4 Teams. It'd be pretty awesome...

butzopower
May 7, 2006, 11:35 PM
Although I haven't played the Beta, can't forces only have 4 or some spells at a time? If you did the "start at level 5" thing that PSO did, this might be more balanced.

StillOffline
May 7, 2006, 11:55 PM
it would be nice to have something to divert us from grinding and such. and encourage people to make different more unique builds other than just for killing monsters. absolutely necessary.

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 12:25 AM
Well, even if we still do the same HU only battles like most did in PSO, it would still be much funner, with all of the better moves and dodging.

only problem is lag.

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2006, 02:47 AM
I don't really care. I never played battle mode, and I don't like the idea of competetive gaming in PSO/PSU. I get enough of that with the other 15,000 online competive console games.

But, even though I'll never use it or care about it - doesn't mean I'm against having it added in for those who do enjoy it.

KaiNova7
May 8, 2006, 12:53 PM
Battlemode in the Pso community did not affect the general players larglely, so i think this added feature will do no harm...

RoninJoku
May 8, 2006, 01:00 PM
On 2006-05-07 21:18, _glowstiq_ wrote:
I feel battle mode is essential just so I can feel like I COULD do it if I wanted to, thought I loathe PVP for some reason outside of FPS games.

I agree completely! (Except FPS is extended to fighting and party games)

I had really planed on taking advantage of battle mode this time around... In GCN I had a bad experience with getting totally flattened by megid and frozen sh00ters...

chibiLegolas
May 8, 2006, 04:18 PM
I'm not really into competitive gaming with other players when it comes to ego beating other players. I'm more of a team player kinda gal.
But Challenge Mode on the other hand is a MUST for me.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 8, 2006, 04:39 PM
I missed out on battle mode on GCN... I did alittle of it offline with my friends when we first got the game... but no one ever played it online.

I would love to get a chance to battle in psu. Especially with the new, smoother game mechanics...

Reystradamus
May 8, 2006, 04:48 PM
I think they should have battle mode so i can own some dudez in psu!