PDA

View Full Version : (Great)swords, anyone know the looks

Jozon
May 8, 2006, 09:23 AM
I wanted to know if anyone knew how all the different Swords looked, because I wanted to know if they had any that looked like the one's in PSO. I want to see a really more triangular one than the rectangular ones I've been seeing.

oShojino
May 8, 2006, 11:28 AM
All the great swords so far are rectangular shapped, although the youmei series great swords seem to have a sort of bottom-half of a circle at the base of the sword, giving it a more triangle shape I suppose.

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 04:15 PM
Well I've seen about 3 different types of weapons grades. So for example in the swords:
-1 you got a red/white one with a rounded look
-2 there's a blue one that looks like a fin, or triangular tip
-3 there a sort of green/gold one with a point on the end, and the hilt has to sharp point sticking out sideways.,

Skye-Fox713
May 8, 2006, 05:19 PM
any pic's? of them

Tystys
May 8, 2006, 05:47 PM
Pics WOULD be appreciated, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 09:10 PM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9171/psu200604202039220377ll.jpg
http://www.user515314.xbox360forfree.net/user/psu11.png
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/2497/psu200605022124530094ji.jpg

Those are the 3 sword styles so far, and I thought those were their paint jobs that they all came in, BUT!
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6713/psu200605012341480035oc.jpg
In that image you notice the round supposedly red sword, but they've got a yellow paint job.

So parhaps you can get all colors. But I assume when there's a difference in the design/shape, the stats are probably different, or perhaps rarer or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2006-05-08 19:11 ]</font>

oShojino
May 8, 2006, 09:40 PM
Nice showing Tek, didnt think to round up the pictures like that.

Those are the three different sword types so far, made by three different factions.

The swords Nedeti and Ada are holding are made by the GRM faction, they're a balance of PP ATP and ATA.
The paint jobs represent the weapon class of the sword, I believe for swords its red sword 1 star, blue sword 2 star, green sword 3 star, yellow 4 star, and I believe orange is 5 star.. at least for spears. 5 star weapons are the highest in the game at the moment, and can cost you anywhere from 10-22k. The color of the blades will always be green despite the weapon class/star rating... unless an element is added.

The sword Razon is holding is a Tenora Workshops faction sword, it has more ATP and ATA then the GRM sword, but less PP. I believe its a 3 star sword, but Im not sure.

The sword I'm holding (Shojin) is a Youmei faction sword it has less ATP but more ATA then the GRM sword, and less ATP and ATA then the Tenora Workshops faction sword.. however it has the most PP. That is a 3 star sword Im holding.

Heres a simple review:

ATP
Tenora > GRM > Youmei

ATA
Tenora > Youmei > GRM

PP
Youmei > GRM > Tenora

This is the way it is with pretty much all weapons, only for magic weapons replace ATP with MST and ATA with Mental Power.

-Shojin

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 09:45 PM
Ok, so
weapon design: stat setup
weapon color: quality/rarity
photon color: element or special attack

correct?

oShojino
May 8, 2006, 11:18 PM
Correct, though I think photon color is simply elemental.. the current photon arts dont give photon blades any color, and currently you can't put status effecting skills on weapons like stun or paralyze like you had in PSO, and it doesnt seem that elemental melee weapons burn/freeze/shock etc. So the photon color is only effected by the element of the weapon, which simply adds damage against enemies weak against that element. Ranged Photon Arts come in elements and can burn/freeze/shock, and these pa's do change the color of the photon. As for magic weapons, if you have all of one spell element on a rod/wand.. the photon of the cane/staff turns that color and you get added damage with that element, which increases more as you use it. For examply if you have barta and rabarta on a wand, or just barta the wand turns an elemental color and gets a % (usually starts at 4%) and will increase as you use the wand/staff, this also goes for ranged weapons and melee weapons since currently you can only put one PA on guns and melee weapons are made elemental..not by PA's. Im not sure if the % is erased if you take the spells off/PA's off, but it does transfer from weapon to weapon (in ranged and magic weapon case).

-Shojin

_Tek_
May 8, 2006, 11:21 PM
So does that mean you could have a blue bladed sword that could still do a fire attack for a photon art?

Also, can you customize some of these aspect on your weapons at any time ?

oShojino
May 8, 2006, 11:41 PM
theres no elemental arts for melee weapons at the moment, only ranged. When getting an elemental PA for a ranged weapon you give up your normal attack, but normal attacks on guns take pp in general. If there is a fire elemental attack PA added for swords you could do that, but at the moment you cant. You can change the element of ranged weapons and magic weapons by switching out PA's and Spells, however once a melee weapon is an elment it cannot be changed.

oShojino
May 8, 2006, 11:42 PM
Theres no elemental arts for melee weapons at the moment, only ranged. When getting an elemental PA for a ranged weapon you give up your normal attack, but normal attacks on guns take pp in general. If there is a fire elemental attack PA added for swords you could do that, but at the moment you cant. You can change the element of ranged weapons and magic weapons by switching out PA's and Spells, however once a melee weapon is an elment it cannot be changed.

I dont believe you can make guns and wands inherently elemental, since when you craft them you dont use elemental photons like you do in melee weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-08 21:43 ]</font>

DeathMachine
May 9, 2006, 12:18 AM
Wow. So much deeper than in PSO. You actually have to take into account which play-style fits you best...Attack, Accuacy, or PA's...deep.

Sinue_v2
May 9, 2006, 05:13 AM
Do these design changes apply to other weapons... such as Claws?

I love using claws.. but I hated how huge they were in PSO. Seen anything a bit sleeker and smaller than the pair Ethan usually uses? Perhaps a more Wolverine/Nei type hand claw?

Jozon
May 9, 2006, 08:48 AM
The sword in the 2nd and 3rd pics are the ones I want, which ones are those.

Neural_Nebula
May 9, 2006, 08:56 AM
On 2006-05-09 06:48, Jozon wrote:
The sword in the 2nd and 3rd pics are the ones I want, which ones are those.

They are the Tenora and Youmei faction swords respectively.

Jozon
May 9, 2006, 08:59 AM
w00t, the cools ones, favor my beast character perfectly, yes!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RoninJoku
May 9, 2006, 09:07 AM
Let me guess...

Youmei=Neudaiz
Tenora=Moatoob
GRM=Parum

Or maybe Tenora=Guardians Colony, and Moatoob will have another type! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif That would give one weapon type for each race... Plus it seems weird that Tenora would have the best ATP and ATA...

Jozon
May 9, 2006, 11:55 AM
No, it makes perfect Sense Tenora=Moatoob would have the highest ATP and ATA, since the Beasts have a little less ATA than some, but have higher ATP, so it goes right with their base stats, or High ATP, and helps their ATA too. The others are more for those more balanced/less in 1 category type characters.

oShojino
May 9, 2006, 12:59 PM
On 2006-05-09 03:13, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Do these design changes apply to other weapons... such as Claws?

I love using claws.. but I hated how huge they were in PSO. Seen anything a bit sleeker and smaller than the pair Ethan usually uses? Perhaps a more Wolverine/Nei type hand claw?

Theres no claws or double sabers in the game yet..so no way to tell..however every other melee weapon in the game has a different design depending on the faction, I doubt it will be different for claws and double sabers (must have double saber x-x)

ShadowDragon28
May 12, 2006, 04:01 AM
how does a player add a Photon0 *Element* setting to melee weps like the great swords?

See I'm really hoping that I'll be able to add Dark Photon element to the Youmei Sword, or other even stronger sword. In some screenshots I Have seen chacters with the red sabers that had a dark photon colored blade...

mechatra
May 12, 2006, 08:35 AM
Shadow Dragon, you don't add photon elements, you buy or find the weapons like that. The photon colour defines the elemental affinity of the weapon:

for example a red photon blade saber will deal more damage against enemies weak against fire, but less against enemies resistant to it.

The colour of tha actual weapon metalwork I believe reffers to the rarity/quality? of the weapon, moving from the lowest red to blue to green to yellow to orange. I'm not totally sure of the metalwork colour details though so if someone could either reasure me or correct me that'd be great.

ShadowDragon28
May 12, 2006, 03:16 PM
hm, so the shop selling the melee wep, the description of the wep tells you what photon element it has or something?

Because I've seen in various pics with a wall with a row of red mech guns, and red sabers with each of the photon element colors... I hope it's like that for all melee weps, like Youmei sword. If they are for purchase or wep. drops from monters that's cool.

I know the photon color defines the elemental affinity.

I just got my fingers crossed that there's a Youmei Sword with the dark photon element that is available for purchase or is dropped by an enemy, as i'd would not want to be stuck with just the neutral photon element on whatever becomes my favorite model of sword....

oShojino
May 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
The metal work of the weapons both in style and color refer to the faction who made it and the star rating/quality of the weapon respectively. The color of the photon is the element of the weapon as listed:

Fire - Red
Water - Blue
Thunder - Yellow
Earth - Orange
Light - White
Dark - Purple

You can obtain elemental weapons through monster drops and shops yes, but not all of them. This is where crafting comes in, you can craft any element you want for a weapon provided you have enough photons of that element. Shops in beta rarely carried ele weapons, a few for some weapons but not all of them had elemental version in shops.. the best way to get eles was from player shops or making your own.

ShadowDragon28
May 12, 2006, 03:58 PM
I know what the colors for each element are, thanks for the info anyways.

See I really hoping i can craft a sword like the Youmei with the Dark photon element. Does crafting/"making your own" done via "Item Syncronization" or some other method?

MXdude
May 12, 2006, 05:03 PM
I wonder now if non-rare weapons will be used more in psu than they were in pso. In PSO it was rare after rare after rare. It seems that with all the different things you can do with the normal weapons and all the options they gave us for them, they will be used a lot more then in pso. Just my thoughts on what I have read so far.

oShojino
May 13, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-05-12 13:58, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I know what the colors for each element are, thanks for the info anyways.

See I really hoping i can craft a sword like the Youmei with the Dark photon element. Does crafting/"making your own" done via "Item Syncronization" or some other method?

Not sure what you mean by "Item Synchronization" but you make/craft all your wapons throuhg your PM. There are different recipies for the differnt factions who make them.

Lyrise
May 13, 2006, 02:20 PM
I believe he meant to say "Item Synthesis."

Element equip synthesis is a nice thing to have, but I'm not really sure what the maximum elemental ratio is (I think 30% is max), since I seem to be making stuff in the 15-20% range, but I've seen higher ratios in player shops (23%, 28%).

On another note about synthesizing equipment through your PM: start evolving your PM on a regular basis. I noticed as I evolved my PM, my success rates went up a few %. And for higher end gear, even 1% matters (I was making 5 star stuff in beta at a success rate of 49%, 52% after 1 evolution).

ShadowDragon28
May 14, 2006, 05:57 PM
Yes I meant Item Synthesis. Now it's starting to make sense.

Once I get PSU, looks like I'll be doing a lot of hunting for the pieces/ingredienst and the MegiPhotons (or whatever the Dark photons are called) and leveling up my PM and using Iten Synth alot to get my fav. great swords to have a dark photon elemtent. Cause "neurtal" green photon element while "ok" is too darn weak IMO.

And I *like* using dark elemental energies in PSO and soon in PSU.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 03:30 AM
Them Sword picks are excellent, gives me something to look forward to when I play. I like Fire attacks the most, so I'll probably make a Fire Sword, then I end up healing a fire monster by hitting it with the weapon.

Kyuu
May 15, 2006, 09:13 AM
On 2006-05-15 01:30, DarthTyranus wrote:
Them Sword picks are excellent, gives me something to look forward to when I play. I like Fire attacks the most, so I'll probably make a Fire Sword, then I end up healing a fire monster by hitting it with the weapon.I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's no absorption of damage like that. I think if you hit a "fire monster" with a fire sword, it'll simply do greatly reduced damage, or none at all.

Lyrise
May 15, 2006, 09:46 AM
Take a look at the ratio of Fire Element on the sword itself; if you smash iinto a fire elemental enemy, your damage will be reduced by that amount (if the sword is 15% fire, then you'd do 15% less damage).

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 05:44 PM
Ah, there's some good news. Only Resta can heal again, thanks for the tip.

Saner
May 16, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-05-15 15:44, DarthTyranus wrote:
Ah, there's some good news. Only Resta can heal again, thanks for the tip.

there are healing items for healing too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarthTyranus
May 16, 2006, 06:14 PM
Probably everything that is Phantasy Star will definitely appear in this game. Plus, the Double Saber's are usually a rare weapon in PSO. Now Sega made it a basic weapon for PSU, I'm loving the new changes already.

Shinjiro
May 16, 2006, 09:34 PM
I'm quite fond of the Tenora faction sword

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinjiro on 2006-05-16 19:34 ]</font>

VelosofLight
May 16, 2006, 09:45 PM
It's a shame rare weapons are still unusuable. Everything's starting to look pretty awesome.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 05:59 AM
On 2006-05-16 19:45, VelosofLight wrote:
It's a shame rare weapons are still unusuable. Everything's starting to look pretty awesome.

what do you mean a shame? The full version isn't even out yet.

One can't expect the beta to show off everything, especially the rares.

if there was rares in the beta it wouldn't be as 'rare' and special if people knew about them months before the actual game is released!

Sid
May 23, 2006, 01:28 PM
THOSE ARE RAPPYS!?! AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Strider_M
May 23, 2006, 02:00 PM
Sweetness... I can't to get my hands on those swords......Swords....hee hee....