PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up

Avion
May 8, 2006, 02:02 PM
Could anyone explain how exactly these points that you get from missions work for your stats and leveling up? I'm kinda confused. Thanks to anyone who can help. I didn't really see an explanation anywhere else, sorry if this has been answered.

Skye-Fox713
May 8, 2006, 04:55 PM
hae you checked the guides in the psu section on the home page under class customization and other spots under the psu section

Ryna
May 8, 2006, 05:06 PM
There are three types of leveling in PSU:

1. Character - You earn exp from killing monsters

2. Job - You earn points by clearing missions

3. Photon Arts - Leveled through usage

mech259_
May 8, 2006, 05:07 PM
There are two kinds of levels in PSU: Char level, and class level. You gain exp points towards your char level whenever you kill an enemy. You gain exp towards your class level by completeing missions. Whatever class you currently are gets exp points when you end the mission. A mission is just a run-through of an area btw.

Reystradamus
May 8, 2006, 05:12 PM
dam this leveling thing is kind of complicated!....wats the highest level u can achieve...anybody found that out?

Stepper
May 8, 2006, 05:46 PM
I think what he meant was: How do the two types of leveling differ, and how do they affect your character?

I've been wondering the same thing. The "character" level seems pretty explanatory to me, but I don't know anything about the new "job" level system.

Tystys
May 8, 2006, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure they're probably going for the 200 lvl limit again

mech259_
May 8, 2006, 05:58 PM
Both char levels and job levels just increase your stats. But obviously the job levels increase stats related to the job, like ATA for RAs.

Stepper
May 8, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-05-08 15:58, mech259_ wrote:
Both char levels and job levels just increase your stats. But obviously the job levels increase stats related to the job, like ATA for RAs.
Oh! Okay. I assumed that raising your job level would let you have access to better equipment or something.

Feran
May 8, 2006, 06:10 PM
It does, thats another feature.

AKA: Rangers (as far as we now) can NOT use bows intially, but it would make sense that they will(bows being a ranged weapon) so eventually (after enough levels in RA job) you get rank D, i believe, which then increases with job level.

Roken
May 9, 2006, 02:56 PM
Hey everyone, I'm somewhat new to PSO, the only one I've played was the one for Dream cast, and I didnt play it online. The higehst level i got to was about 20-30 until my DC was broken... another leveling question, were you able to continue leveling to the max with somewhat ease, or did you need a group in order to level your character past a certain point ?

mechatra
May 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
Feran I hate to tell you this but the Photon bow is classified as a Force weapon.

>_<

Pseudo
May 9, 2006, 03:53 PM
Feran knows that, what he means is if you raise your ranger enough and then decide to switch to a force your ranger will gain a rank so that they can use a force weapon i.e bows

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pseudo on 2006-05-09 13:56 ]</font>

pineapple
May 9, 2006, 03:57 PM
Will having a high character level, but a low class level put one at a huge disadvantage? I'm wondering if it is better to stick to one class at first, or level two or three at the same rate.

Pseudo
May 9, 2006, 04:15 PM
Im not sure but i've read in other posts that Job levels can go down if you decide to switch. Probably to keep the balance in the game and not create an uber player, However that may have been for the Beta, we will have to see when the game comes out.