PDA

View Full Version : Photon Bow

Tuxedose
May 9, 2006, 02:56 AM
So I was sitting here and was once again watching the video of someone using a photon bow. Well I was then thinking "What is the diffrence between the photon bow and other ranger weapons except for the looks?" anyone know this?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Tek_
May 9, 2006, 03:10 AM
Uh, its a ranged weapons made for force users.

and it kind of fits along a sort of elf archer sort of theme.

Tuxedose
May 9, 2006, 06:15 AM
Oki cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Did not know that thnx for the info.

PJ
May 9, 2006, 07:02 AM
So... that means I DON'T have to make my Newman a Ranger? XD

That's so great XD I always assumed the bow was a ranger weapon.

Tuxedose
May 9, 2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah I thought that as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. This is great news indeed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zarode
May 9, 2006, 08:04 AM
Well, darn. I was hoping that Photon Bows were a HU's rifle... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Well, at least FOs get some lovin'.

Itsuki
May 9, 2006, 11:31 AM
lol. Its FO, though maybe RA can use it? I don't know. It's powerful, a little slow, and has some pretty huge range. To compare, with a handgun, I'll deal ~25 max. With a bow I'll deal as much as 200. But my techs deal about 500+. Its still alot faster than casting techs though (2-3times as fast), so its good when you need to have maneuverability. It gets used for bosses, and I use it in mizuraki for the worms. Its no replacement for techs, but its damage is good enough to be effective even with very low ATP. If rangers are able to use it, I haven't seen any ever do it.

Zephyr_
May 9, 2006, 02:28 PM
Bow takes a while to load to shoot, so aiming at a moving target is not the easiest thing to do. Where as rangers weapons are basically instant fire.

Nuclearranger
May 9, 2006, 06:47 PM
lol but do you have to arc the bow?

DizzyDi
May 9, 2006, 06:54 PM
Do Bows take up PP as well?

vitius137
May 9, 2006, 07:34 PM
bows take pp, dont have to arc them.

Kupi
May 9, 2006, 07:56 PM
Is there any indication of how exactly a Photon Bow is supposed to work? From the videos, it just looks like you pantomime nocking an arrow, and then it fires. Cool as it is to have a bow-type weapon, it still looks kinda silly...

Kimil
May 9, 2006, 08:11 PM
Hmm, can to use Spells with the bow? Like a Fire or Light Arrow?
Also, does the bow act as any other Weapon? ( like Attack-Attack-Attack, pose, repeat) Or is it different? Like, Hold Attack button longer for a stronger/longer attack?

Feran
May 9, 2006, 09:01 PM
Its a vertical rifle that shoots horizontal.

Itsuki
May 9, 2006, 09:34 PM
all ranged weapons don't fall into the "3 hit categoy" thing to my knowledge. Though I've only really played with handguns and bows. Either way, both of them are basically "shoot shot shoot shoot shoot," no 'pose' anywhere. It acts like all the other ranged weapons. You can equip elemental bullets, and that changes the element of the damage. Ice, which is probably the one I see used the most for bow, freeze monsters. The other elements also do status effects.

You don't get any techs with bow. Thats really its main disadvantage. I would probably use it alot more if I could resta during it. Each shot does use PP. Infact, it uses a ton of PP. A bow may have like 650-ish PP, but each shot takes like 9? Somewhere around there. Considering a rod has 1000+, and a ra-tech costs 10, a shot that deals 1/3rd the damage, to only one monster, costing almost equivalent is a bit expensive and inefficient. Especially considering the fact that rods empty relatively easily. During my low 20s runs through relics, I would occasionally go through 2 rods, and a cane. (~2500 PP), so this shows why bow can't really be a primary weapon.

You don't have to arc the bow. Though, like any other ranged weapon in PSU, you need to Aim yourself. They don't lock on so to speak. Consequently, I go into FPS mode a lot on my bow.

So all in all, it basically functions like any other ranged weapon except you can't strafe while shooting. You stutter. I'm pretty sure even with rifles, you can still be moving while shooting, but, with the bow, you stop to shoot. I don't think this causes alot of issues with aiming, but it does lessen your maneuverability.

DizzyDi
May 9, 2006, 09:54 PM
Weapons themselves have PP and not the character?
Or do the weapons add PP to the character?
And does the PP on a weapon recharge?

Nuclearranger
May 9, 2006, 10:01 PM
pp is on the weapon and it recharges

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 03:02 PM
it recharges, but the recharging isn't all that noticeable. And I played some ranger today. So I can speak for the other ranged weapons.

All two handed ranged weapons have that stutter, where you stop walking to shoot. Rifle is faster than bow, and theoretically has roughly the same attack power. But it deals less damage. I've come to the conclusion that MST must in some way effect the power of bows. This would make sense since inazuma deals more with bows than I do, even though neither one of us really wear atp boosting items, and inazuma has far more mst than I did most of the time.