PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy the guide if available?

Latiku
May 9, 2006, 12:57 PM
What are your feelings?

Personally, I think I'll throw down the money for a guide mainly to help plan out my character a bit better. Other than that, I probably won't use it much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Latiku on 2006-05-09 10:57 ]</font>

StarLionsX
May 9, 2006, 12:59 PM
I will have to buy it in order to get to know the game well. 'Cause i don't want to die.

Kano-Okami
May 9, 2006, 01:04 PM
Normally, I'm against buying video game guides..But in this case, I will.
Not because I'm unsure of how well I'll do, but simply because of all of the artwork & background info it'll supply that you can't google. (and if they have the artbooks for sale aswell, I'm getting that too, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

Oji_Retta
May 9, 2006, 01:09 PM
I despise using guides unless I am backed into a corner and don't know what to do (referring to offline RPGs). But for PSO I didn't use a guide and I won't for PSU either. I feel that it corrupts the online experience for me. I don'w even read manuals when starting a game unless it is extremely complex because I like to figure everything out for myself and discover things. ^_^

Dhylec
May 9, 2006, 01:11 PM
PSU artbook is a sure thing, but guide book is.. a big maybe. ;]

F-o-x
May 9, 2006, 01:24 PM
If I do it'll only be for collection value. Every guide for an online RPG that was printed in my experience has been complete garbage. The only thing useful about the PSO guide when it came out was the maps and the mag info, everything else was either completely wrong or way off base.

I usually don't play with a guide anyway. I like finding things out for myself the first time through a game, or in PSU's case I'll enjoy finding everything out as I explore.

Reystradamus
May 9, 2006, 01:29 PM
i would buy a guide..... 2 understand the game more.....but i dont buy guides..i rather just go on and mess up and learn from that..rather than readin wat not 2 do and dont do it....i want 2 beware of the suprises that wait ahead!

sami_pso
May 9, 2006, 01:53 PM
whats the fun of using a guide. figuering out yourself is way better. or let your clan figuere it out or whatever.

Ash1ey
May 9, 2006, 01:59 PM
I'll buy it to add to my phantasy star collection.

Skuda
May 9, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-05-09 11:11, Dhylec wrote:
PSU artbook is a sure thing, but guide book is.. a big maybe. ;]

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

chibiLegolas
May 9, 2006, 02:15 PM
I'd like to buy an artbook solely for character designs this time around. But as for guide books; I've borrowed a friend's various PSO guides and find that they just cover the basics. PSO World is all I need.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skye-Fox713
May 9, 2006, 04:35 PM
Yes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-05-09 14:35 ]</font>

KaiNova7
May 9, 2006, 04:36 PM
I will buy a guide for the purpose of building my charcter right from jump..
Also to get a more thorough understanding of the game so I can progress faster...
And ofcourse, Im sure every detail/secrets wont be covered in guide, just the fundementals..
So I will take delight in discovery of everything else..

Nuclearranger
May 9, 2006, 06:42 PM
I would get it like someone elce said artwork and to support sega n.n because i lub them?

vitius137
May 9, 2006, 07:30 PM
too poor to buy.

REJ-
May 9, 2006, 08:32 PM
Why buy guide? PSOW can cover that. PSOW's guides were also better for PSO than other guides so, I'll stick to that.

shinobu_seta
May 9, 2006, 08:49 PM
If it comes with a sweet poster like the original PSO guide did, then yeah ^_^

Eros17
May 9, 2006, 08:59 PM
All I needs is Drop Charts.

VioletSkye
May 9, 2006, 09:32 PM
I'll absolutely buy both a Guide and an Artbook if both are offered simply for the art.

Nuclearranger
May 9, 2006, 10:02 PM
p/.

Axios-
May 9, 2006, 11:33 PM
Well, I suppose on which sort of guide. However, I'd pass on both. On the part for the offline story, it may be useful, but I find that they kill a lot of the fun for me so that's one pass. More importantly, basically all 'official' guides on ORPGs is relatively useless. Everyone's much better off using online resources and forums for clear info. I know of a little site that may do the trick. >_>

Anyways, I pass.

Zelutos
May 11, 2006, 02:40 AM
I like all the pretty pictures :3

linkzone
May 11, 2006, 11:51 PM
Ill make my own guide. what do you think of that? yeah i showed you. lol.

Tystys
May 12, 2006, 12:31 AM
Personally, I'd rather make online guides for people. Buying guides is just sort of retarded considering that two or three days later, an online guide will pop up.

ANIMEniac
May 12, 2006, 01:41 AM
i wouldent use it for offline, but possibly for item and PvP tips for online. ither that or PSO-World charts and guides ^_^.