PDA

View Full Version : Weapons and PP

REJ-
May 9, 2006, 10:03 PM
What are each of the weapons like?

For each weapon: How much PP? How much PP per attack? How much damage per attack? Does it hit multiple enemies? What special attacks can it do? How much PP per special attack?

If we could get a profile on each of the weapons, that would help a lot.

Nuclearranger
May 9, 2006, 10:09 PM
I smell the starting of a guide

REJ-
May 9, 2006, 10:55 PM
True, this could lead up to a weapons guide being written.

Feran
May 9, 2006, 10:56 PM
It prolly alreadly is (as for how much we know)
PSOW will almost defintly start posting guides after wednesday.

by PSOW i mean Ryna. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 03:13 PM
I can do a few. They're from memory, so some things might be estimates, especially the pp usage.

Ranged Weapons:
Rifle:
2 handed, can't move while shooting.
900-1400 PP
7-8 per shot
Range: Far, ATP: High

Handgun:
Left hand, can move while shooting
400-600 PP
5-6 per shot
Range: Short, ATP: Low

Mechgun
Left hand, can move while shooting. Hold attack to continue attacking, you don't press per burst.
600-800 PP
1-2 per shot
Range: Very short, ATP: Very low

Bow
2 handed, can't move while shooting.
700-900 PP
8-9 per shot
Range: Very far, ATP: Very High

Force Weapons:
Rod
2 handed
1000-1200 PP
Can equip 4 techs

Cane
Right hand
600-800 PP
Can equip 2 techs. 2 of the same element gives bonus to that element.

(Techs always cost the same. Usually 5 for normal, 10 for ra)
(also note that force weapons have no normal attack. They only cast techs)

avai
May 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
thats some pretty good info. how do you restore pp to the wep?

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 05:37 PM
There are cubes in town and at most outposts that you can teleport to and recharge for a small fee. It costs somewhere around... 1 meseta for every 10 PP. Thats estimating, considering I used atleast 75% of 4 rilfes (4 rifles is about 4000 PP) and had to pay 350 meseta. And I normally would have to pay about 150meseta per run on my FO using 2 rods (about 1100 PP each, usually would kill one, and be working on the other).

For some more accurate comparisons, heres some numbers stolen from the wiki for an "average" 3 star weapons of each type:

Handgun 438 PP, 95 ATP
2x Handgun 754 PP, 76 ATP
Mechgun 507 PP, 24 ATP
Rifle 1050 PP, 256 ATP
Long Bow 894 PP, 314 ATP

And by average I mean, if there were 3, I took the mid range weapon. If there were 2, I did sum/2, and if there was only 1, I took that one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-05-10 15:45 ]</font>

Feran
May 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
Also pp-mate(dont know actuall name) can heal pp of a weap for high price from store(kinda like a fluid, but for pp.)

Theres one other way....that I forgot, lol

Faltz
May 10, 2006, 05:50 PM
It Regenerates over time, its pretty slow though. I wouldn't wait for it to recharge.

vitius137
May 10, 2006, 05:57 PM
if you can play in windowed mode then it wouldnt be too bad to wait. just go on psow for a few mins http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MXdude
May 10, 2006, 07:34 PM
When you said Mechguns were in the left hand, does that mean you cant duel weild things that have a side specified? So you cant have two lefts, or two rights, just one of each?

RFB
May 10, 2006, 07:40 PM
Nope, you cant. I tried equipping 2 mechguns once. I could not. Instead of equipping both, the game would switch them, and I'd still have only 1 hand with a weapon.

DizzyDi
May 10, 2006, 07:50 PM
You can probably equip two mechguns at a higher ranger-type level.

Zorafim
May 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
Aw, no dual wielding much guns? Where's the fun in that?

RFB
May 10, 2006, 08:23 PM
Well, we dont know if it'll be possible or not in the final game. There were no dual mechs in the beta, but that doesnt mean the game wont have them when it hits the stores. We'll have to wait and see.

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 11:55 PM
Ya, I mean it just goes in your left hand. Its an offhand weapon. You can of course equip a melee weapon in the other hand. This would most likely be a saber or something.

Also, it goes worth mentioning that "dual" weapons weren't two of a type of weapon in each hand, they were their own weapon. Like you couldn't get a dagger, and then say... get another dagger, then equip them both and instantly have dual daggers. Dagger is a right hand weapon, so if you had a dagger, and got another dagger, tried to equip them both, one would just replace the other. You'd actually have to find/buy a "dual dagger".

The same goes for handguns. You can buy single handguns. But if you want to use dual handguns, you have to buy "dual handguns".

On the equipment rank screen, it shows alot of different weapons and the rank each character could equip in each. It is assumed that as you level up your class, you can equip higher ranked weapons. Not all of the weapons on this screen were in the beta, so of course, there are more weapons that people have not gotten to play with yet. But dual mechguns weren't on the list.

I think also, the way mechguns work, they wouldn't be effective primary weapons. They run through an entire bar of PP in a matter of a minute or so, and don't deal substantial amounts of damage. From what little I played with them, my general tactic with them was the "spray and pray" method. Say a mob was coming at me, I had ice bullets on it, I woudl basically spray randomly at the mob, since it shoots so many bullets, about half of them would be frozen, then I could go in and get some attacks off with my saber. Then back off, spray again.

MXdude
May 11, 2006, 02:48 PM
I guess finding rares will be like that as well. Finding either one handgun or duel handguns.

kazuma56
May 11, 2006, 03:15 PM
really...i was hoping that u could mix and match dual wield....Imagine using an excalibur in 1 hand and a Lavis in the other.

EspioKaos
May 11, 2006, 10:15 PM
On 2006-05-09 20:09, NuclearRanger wrote:
I smell the starting of a guide

I stared work on my own weapons guide (http://www.espiokaos.com/misc/psu_database/psu_weapons.html) last week when I was making those guards and units tables. I've still got a lot of work to do with it, but I'm sure you guys might still enjoy taking a look over it.

A note on some of the weapon names... The ones by Yohmei I tried to fuse as best I could English names with Japanese suffixes. I think that's what SonicTeam were going for. For example, the Yohmei rifle series all seemed to end in the suffix ihoh. So, for the weapon pronounced raihoh in Japanese -- that's Yohmei's version of GRM's standard rifle -- I spelled it rihoh, taking the first English syllable of the weapon, ri, and connecting it with the ihoh suffix. Of course, there technically would be two Is in the name, but I decided to leave one out for the sake of... well, I just thought it looked better. Another example, GRM's blaster became Yohmei's blaihoh.

mechatra
May 12, 2006, 09:18 AM
OOOOh thanks for that Espio, nicely laid out, and it seems that the guides have begun eh?

May I suggest a less crude colour set though? Acid green just kinda distracts me while reading.

Hotsuma
May 13, 2006, 07:03 AM
I saw a vid where you can strafe while shooting the long bow so... but I'm probably definitely using bow as my ranged wep.

Nisshoku
May 13, 2006, 08:43 AM
Espio, All I can say is....good work. I'm definitely bookmarking this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As for strafing, I know that RFB knows how to do it. He probably told be, but I tend to forget.

REJ-
May 13, 2006, 12:33 PM
Someone said that the mechgun was a left hand weapon and the cane was right hand. Is it possible to mix wield them? or can only forces use canes and rangers use mechguns?

Kyuu
May 13, 2006, 01:43 PM
From my understanding, mechguns are something everyone can use, just like in PSO. Ranger only weapons are the shotguns, rifles, and the like.

Eros17
May 13, 2006, 01:48 PM
Where's da slicers?

Itsuki
May 13, 2006, 07:07 PM
Mechguns were RA only in the beta. And canes were FO only in the beta. So there was no mixing of a Mechgun and a cane.

I saw a vid where you can strafe while shooting the long bow so... but I'm probably definitely using bow as my ranged wep.
Depends on your definition of "stafe while shooting." You can always strafe, but while figuratively pulling back the bow string and shooting, you're stuck standing still. Its only a fraction of a second, but its still a little bit of stall time that creates what I've come to call a stutter in your strafing.

Fleece
May 13, 2006, 07:16 PM
I've seen dual wielding sabers and guns and the like but is it possible to dual wield melee weapons? Such as knife and saber or knife and claw?

RFB
May 13, 2006, 08:28 PM
As Itsuki said, it depends on the weapon you're using for strafing.

Apparently, if it's a 1handed ranged weapon, you can strafe and shoot, at the very same time.
If it's a 2handed weapon, tho, you have to strafe-stop-shoot-strafe-stop-shoot. You cant do both things at the same time.

On 2006-05-13 06:43, -Nisshoku- wrote:

As for strafing, I know that RFB knows how to do it. He probably told be, but I tend to forget.

You mean, the keys? If you're wielding a 2handed gun, just press and keep pressed the camera key, then move left-right and shoot.

If you're wielding a melee weapon + ranged weapon, you need to keep both the camera key + gun mode key at the same time, then strafe and shoot.

Itsuki
May 13, 2006, 09:13 PM
I've seen dual wielding sabers and guns and the like but is it possible to dual wield melee weapons? Such as knife and saber or knife and claw?

As said before, one handed melee weapons are "right handed." And will only go in the right hand. So no.

Dual weapons are listed, dropped, and bought as dual weapons. Once again, you can't have 2 handguns and try to equip both of them at once, it won't work. You have to get dual handguns. Its a completely different weapon that just looks similar.

Fleece
May 13, 2006, 09:45 PM
So It's not available with standard weapons then....I hope some rares combine different weapons it'd make them extra special.

MXdude
May 14, 2006, 11:08 AM
Yea i was hoping on finding some super rare handguns and putting them together http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Guess not tho :'(

Dre_o
May 14, 2006, 11:21 AM
On 2006-05-14 09:08, MXdude wrote:
Yea i was hoping on finding some super rare handguns and putting them together http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Guess not tho :'(

Well, lets not write that out of the books yet, remember, this still is the BETA!!! And hell, Beta players only were able to reach Lv 30, who knows what's beyond that multiple of 10??!!

Itsuki
May 14, 2006, 12:45 PM
Dre_o is right in some ways. I mean, I doubt they'd change the battle system to allow for you two equip two handguns simultaneously, but it doesn't seem entirely unlikely for there to be NPCs that do the swapping for you. I can easily see an NPC that combines two rare handguns into an even more uber rare dual handgun. Or perhaps even the other way around.