PDA

View Full Version : Meseta

Valure
May 10, 2006, 01:36 PM
Hello! I was wondering if it was hard to get alot of meseta in the beta. I mean i've seen pictures where a new shirt would be like 25000 and i was just wondering if it was easy to get that kind of money. Sorry if this has already been discussed, im a first timer.

ChronoTrigga
May 10, 2006, 01:38 PM
Hard I heard. Meseta seems to be the main currency, and photon drops are no where to be found thank god....(I hate photon drops...)

Valure
May 10, 2006, 01:39 PM
Yeh, well when i played PSO for GC meseta was worth nothing. I hope they changed all that to where you actually have somewhat of a challenge getting alot of money...

Ryna
May 10, 2006, 02:25 PM
Meseta should have more value in PSU than in PSO. You can spend meseta in numerous stores and it is harder to earn.

beatrixkiddo
May 10, 2006, 02:37 PM
On 2006-05-10 12:25, Ryna wrote:
Meseta should have more value in PSU than in PSO. You can spend meseta in numerous stores and it is harder to earn.

>_> Not on the last day it wasn't.

Ryna
May 10, 2006, 02:43 PM
On 2006-05-10 12:37, beatrixkiddo wrote:
>_> Not on the last day it wasn't.

I doubt they will implement the "give every character 100k of meseta" feature for release. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 02:58 PM
if you were going solely for money, dragon runs would take about 10 minutes, and you would net about 2500 per run on average. So we're talking about 15,000 meseta an hour if you are really set on doing dragon over and over. Which alot of people did. And actually, shirts were genreally 40,000. But the clothes weren't all of the money sinks. Grinding and partner machinery really kill people's cash flow, so meseta is a commodity.

Reystradamus
May 10, 2006, 03:10 PM
money was so easy 2 get in PSO cuzz of all the hackers n dupers if u think about it...

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 03:15 PM
Meseta is alot different in PSU though. You can tell they are trying to force it as a required part of the economy.

Valure
May 10, 2006, 04:03 PM
Thats good to hear, im glad that they are trying to make it a big part of the game. Hopefully we wont have to worry about hackers terrorizing the economy...

Kano-Okami
May 10, 2006, 04:09 PM
This does remind me, did anyone in the beta ever sell items they found? if so, what was the payback? the standard 1/2of the store-price? if so, was it worth selling, if it meant getting better items?
I'm sorry if this is alot to ask.

Ryna
May 10, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-05-10 14:09, Kano-Okami wrote:
This does remind me, did anyone in the beta ever sell items they found? if so, what was the payback? the standard 1/2of the store-price? if so, was it worth selling, if it meant getting better items?
I'm sorry if this is alot to ask.

You typially got 40% of the sale price. For 800 meseta weapons, you could sell it back for 320. 2000 meseta weapons sold for 800.

The weapons your character started with only went for 4 meseta.

Kano-Okami
May 10, 2006, 04:22 PM
o_o; 4m?
Are you sure the store wasn't called EB Games?
(zing!)
Hmm, That really cuts down on redundant sells unless you have more then 1.
This brings me to another question.
In Player Stores, does the player who created the shop dictate the prices of the items sold or is it a standard? (I'm assuming its player chosen)

beatrixkiddo
May 10, 2006, 04:39 PM
It's player chosen, yes. It's a good investment (the store). Not only do you get much more than you would from the shop, you're helping other people out. Only problem I had with store was not knowing prices and the fact that an uber item I had was only equippable by Beast Forces in their high 20s. >_>

Brus
May 10, 2006, 04:52 PM
do you start with any meseta like in PSO or with none?

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
I don't remember you starting with any. Except for on that last day. Its not too much of an issue. You start with a pretty decent layout. one of each type of weapon, basic armor, 5 monomates. I'm only not sure if you'd have enough money to change your class immediately. But you'd really only have to do one run through colony part 1 C, which is like 15 minutes. Though thinking about it, it'd make sense if you started out with atleast that much money.

And the store is most likely a very good investment. 15000 to get, and it allows you to sell things. The search was really iffy at times, but when it worked it was definately alot better than buying from npcs. Even if you only like 10% off the price, it adds up over time. Also, I think materials and useable items went for really low.

REJ-
May 10, 2006, 06:04 PM
Whats the maximum amount of meseta a player can have? I hope they make it more than 999,999 cause that was'nt too good.

Ryna
May 10, 2006, 06:10 PM
On 2006-05-10 16:04, REJ- wrote:
Whats the maximum amount of meseta a player can have? I hope they make it more than 999,999 cause that was'nt too good.

It is hard to say what the maximum amount is.

In the player store, you were able to set prices of up to 99,999,999 meseta for an item (I think I have enough 9's there).

Feran
May 10, 2006, 06:29 PM
9999999.....O.O thats TWO more 9s......

lol

"Ill give ya 90 mill for that super-rare-thing-ama-bobber" ;p

Kano-Okami
May 11, 2006, 09:49 AM
Seems like merchanting will be pretty profitable this time around.
And having an intergrated search is phenominally helpful, although I know I'll be flabbergasted at the prices of some of the rarer items go for in the Player Shops. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
(99,999,998 for a Rappy Wing!, x_x;?!)

Latiku
May 11, 2006, 11:22 AM
Speaking of meseta and items. Is there a priority system when it comes to getting enemy drops.

For example: Say that I kill a monster and it drops a weapon. Is there like a 5-10 second grace period where only I can pick up the item since I killed the monster, or is it a free-for-all honor system?

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 11:29 AM
On 2006-05-11 09:22, Latiku wrote:
Speaking of meseta and items. Is there a priority system when it comes to getting enemy drops.

For example: Say that I kill a monster and it drops a weapon. Is there like a 5-10 second grace period where only I can pick up the item since I killed the monster, or is it a free-for-all honor system?

From what I've seen, it depends on options that the game creator sets. You have the traditional first-come-first-serve method of claiming loot. Also, you can set it up so that the loot goes to a random person whenever it is picked up.

Itsuki
May 11, 2006, 12:50 PM
Nearly all games played appear to have the drops set to random. I believe theres actually 3 settings though. First come first serv, round robin, and random. Also, there are two settings, one thats for rarer stuff, and one thats for more common stuff. Though I'm not sure whats broken up into what category.

Kano-Okami
May 12, 2006, 11:53 AM
Are you able to bid your items away in the player shops?
I remember in Ep3, it had the occasional bid for items, so I was wondering bidding would make a comeback.

Zorafim
May 12, 2006, 03:43 PM
money was so easy 2 get in PSO cuzz of all the hackers n dupers if u think about it...

I'm sure the fact that the store bought items were cheap and mostly unneeded, plus the fact that you could easily sell droped items for a large amount of meseta had something to do with it. There's also the fact that you couldn't buy rare items, and that they all sold for 10 meseta. All that hackers and dupers did were make super rare items common, it had no impact on meseta.

It's nice to see that meseta will actually play a roll in this game, even if it's so hard to get.