PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Beasts

Faltz
May 10, 2006, 07:30 PM
Or B-Strike as the say on the jp site...

If there is a open beta, I want to meet up with all the people that want to Beast character class, and make game! It'll be tons of fun, I guess you could take this as a invite to a game if there is a open beta.

Oh yeah, If anyone could post Beast Weapon data, that could be great, someone told me they found a couple weapons just for beasts..

oShojino
May 10, 2006, 07:37 PM
There were no beast only weapons in the closed beta however there were tatoos that were beast only, but that was only for b-strike. I dont doubt that there will be race only weapons though.

Jozon
May 10, 2006, 07:40 PM
I would be glad to group with you, as my Beast Hunter, RAWR!!!

Faltz
May 10, 2006, 07:44 PM
you know...race only weapons...could that be the Humans spiecal abilty?(and Newmans)

Back on topic though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

Reystradamus
May 10, 2006, 08:40 PM
can the cast get some love?...the ROBOTS SHALL RISE!

YohYoh
May 10, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-05-10 18:40, Reystradamus wrote:
can the cast get some love?...the ROBOTS SHALL RISE!

Agreed, Cast will rule the world

Zephyr_
May 10, 2006, 10:41 PM
You will obviously need a good Force for this, guess I can join your party when my FOBeast is created ;p.

Feran
May 10, 2006, 10:48 PM
Yay... a fellow Fobeast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itsuki
May 10, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-05-10 17:37, oShojino wrote:
There were no beast only weapons in the closed beta however there were tatoos that were beast only, but that was only for b-strike. I dont doubt that there will be race only weapons though.

It depends on your definition of "for beast only." Technically, the best single handed dagger during closed beta was only equippable by FO and had a ATP requirement of 178. Beast, which had the highest ATP, had a nice 179 atp at level 30 when FO (could have gone higher maybe. That was Shojin's FOBeast ATP). Basically, only FOBeast could equip that dagger.

Jozon
May 11, 2006, 02:54 AM
Beasts do make an above average force, only beaten by a Newman

mech259_
May 11, 2006, 06:02 AM
/me is also thinking of making a FObeast. They're not gonna be as unique as I thought anyways...

PJ
May 11, 2006, 06:30 AM
Huh? I was under the impression Beasts had low Mind, is that wrong? o_o

oShojino
May 11, 2006, 07:06 AM
Beasts are the 3rd best (or 2nd worst depending on how you look at it) Forces in the game, Humans and Newmans beat Beasts in terms of spell damage. However, I've been wondering how a FObeast would work out with a bow since bow is ATP based and adds quite a bit of ATP.. only problem would be ATA. Its true that the B Rank Dagger was force only and my male beast was the only one that could equip it (since Male Beasts have the highest base ATP, and I don't believe Force levels add ATP) keep in mind that this was at level 30 with capped classes of 10, eventually other people could equip it. There may be some racial only weapons just by stat requirements, however if they were all like this I believe it would be pretty unbalanced (unless they made the ratio of added attack power less then the attack power requirement, same with mind)... I believe what the OP was looking for were weapons that others could potentially have the stats to equip but couldnt because they were labeled beast only... in this case the stats req's wouldnt have to be unbelieveably high.

Neith
May 11, 2006, 08:07 AM
I'll be there, Beast Hunter mainly, Force occasionally.

Beast chix0r ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jozon
May 11, 2006, 10:04 AM
I was lead to believe beast had a B in Magic, D in ranged, and A in Melee. And that they were better than humans in force skills.

Kano-Okami
May 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-05-10 17:37, oShojino wrote:

Thats not what beatrixkiddo said.
He mentioned having problems trying to sell a Beast-Force item because of not only its rarity but not knowing what its 'true' value was,
although he didn't distinguish whether it was a weapon or not..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Valure
May 11, 2006, 10:39 AM
I'll be there! I can't wait to meet up with all the other (beastmen and beastwomen?) out there!

PJ
May 11, 2006, 11:00 AM
On 2006-05-11 05:06, oShojino wrote:
I've been wondering how a FObeast would work out with a bow since bow is ATP based and adds quite a bit of ATP

I think it was mentioned that Bow's did more damage with more MST, so Newmans would technically be the best at Bows (Unless ATA is a problem, then it'd be humans)

Although, both my Beast characters I'll play as Hunters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DeathMachine
May 11, 2006, 11:01 AM
Casts will dominate the Beasts!

mechatra
May 11, 2006, 11:18 AM
Add another Beast to the ranks boys and girls!

Reystradamus
May 11, 2006, 11:28 AM
Yo like i said the be4 Give the CASTs some LOVe...THE MACHINES WILL RISE...all future casts...when this game comes out holla at me

Jozon
May 11, 2006, 01:49 PM
Yes.............group all the casts together so when we activate the emp bomb it'll kill them all, mwahahhahhahahahha!!!!!

On Topic: Does anyone know compared to the other races how good beasts stack up with FO techs, I was told by 1 person that they were better than humans, and only beaten by the newman, but someone else said humans were better, can I get a definite answer.

avai
May 11, 2006, 02:10 PM
can someone tell me if while playing as a beast in the beta, you had trouble with your melee attacks hitting? We know that beasts have low ata so I was wondering if the extra power is actualy usable or will you be missing a few things.

MXdude
May 11, 2006, 02:18 PM
Why do you want to get to know all the beasts and play with them? Wouldnt it be more fun to play with a wide variety of calsses and races? *shrugs* just my thoughts.

oShojino
May 11, 2006, 02:53 PM
Jozon, Beasts are 3rd best forces.. humans have more MST and Mental Power then beasts... beasts have better survivability but in terms of damage a human outdamages a beast tech wise. .. simple as that.

Avai, as for melee I did have 0's pop up every now and then.. but most of my attacks hit. Ranged is a different story though, 0 city lol.

PJ, Bows added ATP and ATA only..though I speculate that the elemental pa's and perhaps elemental melee weapons might do more damage with mst.

Kano, beatrix never told me of that.. hmm.. I never saw any beast only items, but Ill ask him about it.

Edit: beatrix said it wasnt racial restricted, just beast would be the only fo with enough atp to equip it due to the level cap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-11 12:58 ]</font>

avai
May 11, 2006, 04:25 PM
thanks shojin, I still will be a beast

Faltz
May 11, 2006, 05:07 PM
SWEET! SO MANY PEOPLE!

Oh yeah...MX, just to tell you. I tottally respect that opinion, and I'm gonna have to do it! But I really want to play with some beast players... and that'd be cool if we all went nano balst at the same time.

Jozon
May 11, 2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, that would be pretty sweet, multi-colored death

MXdude
May 11, 2006, 06:43 PM
On 2006-05-11 15:46, Jozon wrote:
multi-colored death

That made me laugh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BORBAN
May 12, 2006, 06:49 AM
Hey I got a question about the beast characters.
Can you customize your beast form?
and doesn't the male beast form look alot like Ifrit from Final Fantasy?

mechatra
May 12, 2006, 08:21 AM
So far we believe you can't customise your nanoblast form, apart from the colour.

The female forms are the lanky long tailed ones, and yeah the males somewhat resemble Ifrit or the Hulk.

Just so you know the available blast colours we know exsist are Blue, Red, Purple, and Yellow.

BulletTooth
May 12, 2006, 08:50 AM
By far, the character I am most looking forward to is the BEAST!

Kano-Okami
May 12, 2006, 08:54 AM
On 2006-05-12 06:21, mechatra wrote:
So far we believe you can't customise your nanoblast form, apart from the colour.

The female forms are the lanky long tailed ones, and yeah the males somewhat resemble Ifrit or the Hulk.

Just so you know the available blast colours we know exsist are Blue, Red, Purple, and Yellow.

Imagine how intimidating it would be if there were white and black transformations with those glowing eyes?

MEGAHAWK21x
May 12, 2006, 09:22 AM
Im really hoping for more customization that just color for nanoblast form. With the depth that the main character creation offers, I would be both suprised and dissappointed if you wouldnt be able to customize more...

NightHour13
May 12, 2006, 09:14 PM
Beasts will own exsistence. You casts have nothing on us! Nanoblast>SUV easily. If there is a PVP arena of some sort, I can imagine the place strewn with rusty metal parts lol.

A beast meeting? If there's open beta, you bet your noodles i'll be there.

KaiNova7
May 12, 2006, 09:19 PM
I like the addition of the beast race..But time shall tell if they are on par or "better" than the once hailed mighty Casts...
I plan on lving each of the two races to max lv.
Should be interesting.(And fun)

Jozon
May 13, 2006, 01:32 PM
Beasts will own casts, all casts are good at is guns now(supposedly), we will own them with our nanoblasts.

*I go invincible nanoblast*
*cast uses SUV weapon*
*I walk through it and punch him to death*

VICTORY!!!

Skye-Fox713
May 13, 2006, 05:58 PM
I was thinking of haveing a beast ranger cause I have a ranger in pso ep1&2 and will be interesting chalange with the lower ata. yet higher atp., and yet also having the nanoblast as a special weapon just in case i get in to trobble

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-05-13 16:00 ]</font>

NightHour13
May 14, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-05-13 11:32, Jozon wrote:
Beasts will own casts, all casts are good at is guns now(supposedly), we will own them with our nanoblasts.

*I go invincible nanoblast*
*cast uses SUV weapon*
*I walk through it and punch him to death*

VICTORY!!!

LOL You said it man! Imagine going nanoblast...4 Casts SUV you...Walk right through it and tear their bolts off. Hahhaa nanoblast ftw

Numnuttz
May 15, 2006, 12:23 AM
i dont know about beast nanoblast ability. ive seen the video of a nanoblast and i wasnt to impressed. but hey ive watched an suv video too and that wasnt to impressive either. but yea anyways based on strength nanoblast, all the way. a cast suv cant really compare to a beast nanoblast.

Rihcky
May 16, 2006, 02:28 AM
I will be a beast. Beast are by far the best melee-only characters.

BulletTooth
May 16, 2006, 07:26 AM
On 2006-05-12 19:19, KaiNova7 wrote:
I like the addition of the beast race..But time shall tell if they are on par or "better" than the once hailed mighty Casts...
I plan on lving each of the two races to max lv.
Should be interesting.(And fun)

You and I share the same vision my friend.

physic
May 16, 2006, 07:39 AM
actually cast atp and hp are not that far under beast, and their acc is wayyy higher, so teh question becomes, i sata as big as it was on pso's later incarnations, if it is then casts may in fact be as good as or better than beasts. As far as nanoblast vs suv, suv looks more like its good for damage to many enemies, nanoblast seems to be more for 1 on 1. Also its likely that we havent seen all the SUV weapons. I think its more like beasts are GC hucasts and casts are GCs hucaseal. the truth was in many situations (particularly cmode) hucaseals would outperform hucast do to excellent ata.

Rihcky
May 16, 2006, 07:58 AM
On 2006-05-16 05:39, physic wrote:
actually cast atp and hp are not that far under beast, and their acc is wayyy higher, so teh question becomes, i sata as big as it was on pso's later incarnations, if it is then casts may in fact be as good as or better than beasts. As far as nanoblast vs suv, suv looks more like its good for damage to many enemies, nanoblast seems to be more for 1 on 1. Also its likely that we havent seen all the SUV weapons. I think its more like beasts are GC hucasts and casts are GCs hucaseal. the truth was in many situations (particularly cmode) hucaseals would outperform hucast do to excellent ata.

Casts are obviously the best race for Rangers. Now you're saying they are on par with beasts as Hunters.

Wow, that makes for an unbalanced game. If that would be true there would be absolutely no reason to pick beast, statwise.

Jozon
May 16, 2006, 01:18 PM
On 2006-05-16 05:58, Rihcky wrote:

On 2006-05-16 05:39, physic wrote:

Casts are obviously the best race for Rangers. Now you're saying they are on par with beasts as Hunters.

Wow, that makes for an unbalanced game. If that would be true there would be absolutely no reason to pick beast, statwise.

Casts should have crap atp and have a bunch of ata, are guns based of of ata? It's very unbalanced if all the beasts have over casts are the nanoblasts, unless they make them last for awhile, or easy to get.

RFB
May 16, 2006, 02:29 PM
Beasts have higher HP and ATP.
Casts have higher ATA.

I'll clear things a bit: Nanoblast forms are -NOT- invincible. I thought so at first, but when the Neudaiz boss almost killed Shojin while he was in Nano form... well... that kinda made it clear, you're not invincible in Nano. And also, btw, you can NOT heal yourself in Nano form. Neither items or techs are usable.

On the other hand, a SUV weapon... yes, it lasts less, indeed. But Casts really -ARE- invincible during the SUV firing. From the split second the casts "summons" the gun, until the gun dissappears, Casts become immune to -ALL- damage. Or at least, my RAcast did.

So, yeh, sorry but I couldnt resist to break your You-SUV-I-Nano-I-Win fantasies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neural_Nebula
May 16, 2006, 02:53 PM
Meh, though my main character is to be a beast I shall not jump onto the Cast-bashing bandwagon. I like my characters either feral or metal-clad so I'll also have a Cast made too.

However, I shall make it my personal duty to snub off those average joes, the humans. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Saner
May 16, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-05-16 12:53, Neural_Nebula wrote:
Meh, though my main character is to be a beast I shall not jump onto the Cast-bashing bandwagon. I like my characters either feral or metal-clad so I'll also have a Cast made too.

However, I shall make it my personal duty to snub off those average joes, the humans. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Awww humans should be treated equally! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jozon
May 17, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-05-16 12:29, RFB wrote:
Beasts have higher HP and ATP.
Casts have higher ATA.

I'll clear things a bit: Nanoblast forms are -NOT- invincible. I thought so at first, but when the Neudaiz boss almost killed Shojin while he was in Nano form... well... that kinda made it clear, you're not invincible in Nano. And also, btw, you can NOT heal yourself in Nano form. Neither items or techs are usable.

On the other hand, a SUV weapon... yes, it lasts less, indeed. But Casts really -ARE- invincible during the SUV firing. From the split second the casts "summons" the gun, until the gun dissappears, Casts become immune to -ALL- damage. Or at least, my RAcast did.

So, yeh, sorry but I couldnt resist to break your You-SUV-I-Nano-I-Win fantasies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You are incorrect, certain nanoblast forms are immortal, I believe it's the golden one. Ones attack, defense, speed, and invincibility.

*riposte!*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jozon on 2006-05-17 14:52 ]</font>

mechatra
May 17, 2006, 04:54 PM
Actually Jozon, Blue is the invincible Nanoblast.
Most people at the momment think that all Nanoblasts give a basic stat boost, but also different blasts give extra bonuses on top of this.

Blue is invincibility.
Red is extra attack boost.
Purple is extra defense boost.
Yellow is extra agility boost.

Jozon
May 17, 2006, 05:06 PM
On 2006-05-17 14:54, mechatra wrote:
Actually Jozon, Blue is the invincible Nanoblast.
Most people at the momment think that all Nanoblasts give a basic stat boost, but also different blasts give extra bonuses on top of this.

Blue is invincibility.
Red is extra attack boost.
Purple is extra defense boost.
Yellow is extra agility boost.

Awesome, blues my favorite color http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif , but point still proven. Thanks for the breakdown though.

mechatra
May 17, 2006, 05:11 PM
No problem ^_^

I hope I didn't sound imposing. Just wanted to inform.

Reystradamus
May 17, 2006, 05:14 PM
are yall just bein beasts n casts cuzz of stats and special abilties cuzz if yall are...thas wack.....imma be a cast so it dont matter but i was a rascaeal on PSOX so i kno how 2 work the casts im not just pickin em for STATS OR SPECIALS...IF YALL JUST BEIN these characters FOr special Abilities yall lame in my book..thas al i have 2 say!

Jozon
May 17, 2006, 05:18 PM
I'm picking beasts because I think they are cool, I'm gonna also make a cast because I like the way they look when made robotic. I'm just comparing/contrasting their specials, and abilities/stats. I'm not one to pick a race just because of stats, but I like to be the best at my role, and if Beast is the best at hunter, that just adds to the reasons.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 07:06 PM
the nanoblasts certainly are impressive!

I heard the time length of the invincible blue form is shorter than the other forms.

in a video I have seen 3 Nano Beasts maul the dragon boss like ice cream! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NightHour13
May 17, 2006, 09:41 PM
For me it all comes down to how much of a signifigant boost the nanoblasts give you.

Does Blue give you only invincibility and leave the rest of your stats alone?
Does Red boost your ATP REALLY high? Or just like, 20 points above normal.
the same for the rest of the boosts.

Beasts for me explain my character in person and my gaming style. In real life, I just love to go wild and tear apart the weak with my bare hands. For this reason, I'll pick the character that feels the most "close" to me.

Jozon
May 18, 2006, 12:56 AM
MWAHHAHAHHAHA, my army is slowly rising, then we shall strike back against those who would dare oppose us!