PDA

View Full Version : PSU at E3

vitius137
May 10, 2006, 10:30 PM
will there be any more PSU info relesed? we got some screenshots and a whole new writup by ign wich is practically the same thing as they had a while a go. i keep seeing new sonic next gen stuff but where is the PSU info!!!! >.<

RoninJoku
May 10, 2006, 10:41 PM
Nothing new yet... I'm on the edge of my seat waiting... But while I'm here, I'm just enjoying soaking up all the other great game news...

All I have seen as far as PSU coverage goes so far, is that IGN updated it's screenshots with like 6 shots that we saw months ago... but w/e

Tomeeboy
May 10, 2006, 11:38 PM
Hm.. we might just have something for you guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (just got back from day one of E3!). Stay tuned!

Zelutos
May 10, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-05-10 21:38, Tomeeboy wrote:
Hm.. we might just have something for you guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (just got back from day one of E3!). Stay tuned!

Damn you Tomeeboy! How dare you keep us in suspense!! Expect random IM's on AIM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

RFB
May 11, 2006, 06:31 AM
On 2006-05-10 21:38, Tomeeboy wrote:

Damn you and your E3 pass, spill it already! >_<

Dre_o
May 11, 2006, 07:08 AM
I have to agree Tommee, Damn you and your E3! I sat at school all day yesterday going "Must..see..new...stuff..."

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 08:09 AM
PSO-World's E3 coverage has started. Be sure to check out the front page regularly over the next couple of days.

sami_pso
May 11, 2006, 03:29 PM
i wont leave the front page actualy..

scott1114
May 11, 2006, 03:45 PM
On 2006-05-10 20:41, RurouniJoku wrote:
Nothing new yet... I'm on the edge of my seat waiting... But while I'm here, I'm just enjoying soaking up all the other great game news...

All I have seen as far as PSU coverage goes so far, is that IGN updated it's screenshots with like 6 shots that we saw months ago... but w/e

come on just let them a chance. They have more than one game to cover, it,s always been like this on big websites. If you're looking for infos on PSU u better just stay on sites like PSO-World

Reystradamus
May 11, 2006, 03:55 PM
give them a chance??we gave em like 2 years..i want INFORMATION NOW.

Skye-Fox713
May 11, 2006, 04:59 PM
Yarr I do agree Reystradamus we need info now

scott1114
May 11, 2006, 05:00 PM
look, it'll surely be coming after E3, I don't really see them covering more than 700 games in 2 days while they are at E3

Tystys
May 11, 2006, 09:51 PM
I'm soooo impatient....
MUST....HAVE...INNNNFFOOOOOO!!!

Latiku
May 11, 2006, 09:56 PM
I must agree, to have the information sooo close yet so far is killing me.
I mean, I have two more finals yet I still check this site about every 10 minutes. Thats just not healthy!

....And since everyone else seems to be doing it: "Damn you Tommeeboy and your E3!!"*
Or, in the true fashion of Steve Martin from The Jerk: Tommeeboy, I damn thee!

[Edit]* In the most respectful form of the phrase, Oh ye whom holds all the information we hold dear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Latiku on 2006-05-11 19:58 ]</font>

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 10:01 PM
On 2006-05-11 19:56, Latiku wrote:
I must agree, to have the information sooo close yet so far is killing me.
I mean, I have two more finals yet I still check this site about every 10 minutes. Thats just not healthy!

Even after Tomeeboy gets back, it'll take a little bit of time to upload the interview. So, don't sacrifice your studying time for PSU news!

zandra117
May 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
I went to E3 2004 with my friend, his parents are programmers so we were able to get in with them. It was the coolest thing ever.

linkzone
May 11, 2006, 11:44 PM
GameSpot.com. offers live coverage of E3 to members. sign up. its worth if. i just watch the PS3 conference. the PS3 looks kick @$$.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: linkzone on 2006-05-13 07:09 ]</font>

vitius137
May 11, 2006, 11:47 PM
it better be kick @$$ for the price.

EJ
May 12, 2006, 12:36 AM
you can watch e3 free from Gamespot >_> just signup to be a member.

BUt there is still no word on PSU, yet.

So either sega is going to do what nintendo did with SSBB or they may not release it >_>

Tystys
May 12, 2006, 12:37 AM
Oh no, they're going to release it....or I'm going to cut their balls off...
With an axe.

EJ
May 12, 2006, 12:38 AM
Well I actually meant releasing the date not the game (&_&)

Latiku
May 12, 2006, 01:11 AM
Tystys....resulting to Fight Club-ish tactics a bit too soon I see.

I don't know why but I REALLY want a release date. Regardless of the date they give, it is going a be a bit of a wait so I don't know why I'm so anxious about it.
gah, break time is over, back to Biology.

EGO-BOT
May 12, 2006, 01:31 AM
Gamespot put up 3 video's from their Gamespot Video's page but you can see them on the PSU PC page they have:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/phantasystariv/media.html

Inazuma
May 12, 2006, 02:13 AM
nice videos but the eng dub is pretty horrible -_-

kyori
May 12, 2006, 02:48 AM
Oh my god @ the dub.. but seeing the english translation means good hopes for a release soon.

Sinue_v2
May 12, 2006, 03:05 AM
Meh.. the voice acting isn't that bad. No where near Star Ocean's level of horrible - and better than many of the JRpgs I've played this generation. Still a lot of room for improvement, but I can deal with it.

ShadowDragon28
May 12, 2006, 03:30 AM
IMO the dub sounds decent so far IMO.
I feel that the video clip's visual quality and audio quality is what is awful.

IMO, hearing only a minute of the dub voices is not enough to determine if the overall voice acting is average, good or plain "Yu-Gi-Oh"-level terrible.

I've heard far worse than that little snippet. For example: Pioneer's dub of "Akira" Yuuck! Now that was terrible IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-12 01:34 ]</font>

PJ
May 12, 2006, 06:38 AM
So where was the dub terrible? Or are you just general, "If it's not Japanese, it sucks," kinda people?

I mean, honestly, I'd change the voice language to Japanese if I'm given the choice, but I think it's excellent so far.

voxie
May 12, 2006, 06:42 AM
WAAAAH!! It says June 1st on there! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My gosh... could this be the date for the simultaneous release? And considering the dub is finished, could it be an international simultaneous release...???

OMG OMG OMG

Velocity_7
May 12, 2006, 07:38 AM
Like others, I think the dub is decent. It's definitely not top-quality, and certainly I would pick Japanese if I had the choice, but so far it looks good enough to really hear from this game.

By the way, is that a widescreen resolution I see, or is it just a stretch?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2006-05-12 05:41 ]</font>

kassy
May 12, 2006, 08:02 AM
Lol, the NPCs look intelligent as ever during battle XD

Neith
May 12, 2006, 08:11 AM
June 1st? Think I'll wait for more confirmation on that.., seems a little too optimistic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-05-12 06:19 ]</font>

physic
May 12, 2006, 08:22 AM
gamespot UK? i think they prolly just got some old or wrong info.

Neith
May 12, 2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah, considering there hasn't been an Open Beta yet, I find June 1st to be highly unlikely.

Saiffy
May 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
I must be the only person on the internet who finds voices of people I can't understand annoying >_> Literally annoying

If everyone spoke gibberish, but had a ticker on their chest which read what they were saying, that'd suck, why is a videogame any different http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-05-12 08:54 ]</font>

RoninJoku
May 12, 2006, 11:08 AM
I don't think that was really enough to judge the voices... but they seemed tolerable at least... just not great...

Also, anyone notice the sexy crossbow that vixen Maya was wearing on her left arm?

Nedeti
May 12, 2006, 11:26 AM
i hope we can change it to japanese voices with english sub

oShojino
May 12, 2006, 12:07 PM
I think the dubs are pretty decent for what SEGA was probably going for, in Japanese Hyuuga and Ethan have those younger higher voices.. and thats what they shot for in the dub. The female voices seem to fit Maya and Karen as well, but I think the big adjustment is going to be to hyuugas and ethans voices since weve heard them in japanese they sound a bit to light. However, Japanese voices tend to get deeper in tone and pitch than English voices which would be another reasons why the voices are higher than average. I'll wait to see Leoginis and Magashis voices.

Anyway, with the dubs out and the closed beta I dont consider June 1st -too- far off..after all an open beta isnt always a good thing. With a closed beta you have a limited ammount of people who have personal experience with the game, who then in turn spread it to many other people (I can bet you they were counting on leaks).

The other people will get greater impressions from the game from the people that played it rather then playing it themselves (speaking overall, I know most if not all psow people would say "let me play it, Id get a better impression".) An open beta would be nice but Im willing (and I think alot of us are willing) to sacrifice it for an earlier release date.. and it may boost sales, which in turn draws more attention to PSU.

Also, SEGA knows it has to get PSU out the door if they're going to get any profit from it anytime soon.. next gens coming out in November, with an october release they wont make much money off of it. The dubs are already done, all thats left is the ingame menus and dialogue for online content and the game should be ready. June 1st is probably a bit optimistic though, Id say July 1st.

-Shojin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-12 10:14 ]</font>

Nisshoku
May 12, 2006, 12:21 PM
Even though we've seen some advances on the NA version of PSU, I'm still going with a Late October Release for North America. That gives Sega of America an extra two months to work alongside them, and deal with what bugs they may find along the way.

Latiku
May 12, 2006, 12:29 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phantasystariv/news.html?sid=6151028

Well, gamespot finally mentioned SOMETHING about the game. Why is ST withholding so much information? I mean, it is E3, if you are going to announce something that is where you do it! Grrr, it is all just very frustrating.

Yet again, what do I know? Mayhaps they need to look at all the info they got from Beta and decide if they need some more time to work out things, therefore not able to give a release date.
::sigh::

Reystradamus
May 12, 2006, 12:47 PM
thanx for that article Latiku....i believe this game wont be released in October either...probably july or august....October is when that new final fantasy finally drops and a new mmorpg Vanguard of heroes or somethin..and i think the new expansion for world or warcraft.....2much competition..they need 2 get headstart up on the competition.

StarLionsX
May 12, 2006, 01:23 PM
Me too Reystradamus.

Saffran
May 12, 2006, 01:40 PM
Now people, Sega prolly gave more money out for the jp voice actors than for the programmers... don't expect any foreign dub to reach that level of coolness.
Not on a video game anyway...