PDA

View Full Version : You've got the moves! (I'm Not Drunk!)

AzureBlaze
May 11, 2006, 12:10 AM
Well since no one did a rundown...
How about some lobby moves? As you know, PSO had all sorts of wierd things you could do if you hold down ALT and a key. You've seen people breakdancing and sitting and things in videos...but what else can you do?

Let's find out.
I went thru and pushed every key that did something, while in a store (with no one around to think I was crackers). I had a metalface MALE cast at the time, keep this in mind. Also the stores don't lag as badly on my insufficient video card, but the guy still moves slowly...and looks VERY VERY DRUNK when doing the following. Keeping this in mind....

The moves are WAY better than on PSO. They are smoother, and don't suddenly 'halt' or snap over a frame to return your guy to 'standing'. No tilting up off the floor from a faceplant at 45 degree angle. You can tell they really did motion-suit-capture or W/E on this. They are also more a variety you'll USE rather than rediculous odd flailing PSO had. (not that flailin' about like a crazed bird is wrong but...)

On with the moves:
I tried to remember them all!
-Breakdancing: a short breakin' sequence which comes across nicely
-Azz Indicating: a lengthy gesture in which the char lifts its leg, indicating the azzcrackular region of the body and points at it repeatedly. This is either erotic or insulting. We shall leave it to humans to figure which
-Jump: a nice really high jump, where you catch some real air
-Suspicious Glance: looking over one shoulder in a manner which suggests covert ops
-Suspicious Spying: Looking over both shoulders in order to be sure you're alone
-Laffin': A LONG period of laughing (stomach holding leaning about) which seems overdone. Nothing is THAT funny. Unless it involves Eggman, Metal Sonic and a can of spaghetti os.
-Worshipping: Well, COG may demand it. You fall to your knees, collapse over them with hands foreward.
-Knee gesturing: I'm not sure but it involves some kind of half-kneel and arm waving
-Waving: You wave 1-arm style
-Over Here: you wave both arms as if to say 'over here!' to someone who does not see you
-Sit: on the floor or on an item
-Come Here: one handed come gesture similar to pso
-Hand Shake that fails: Hold out hand for a hand shake for a while...but no one shakes it.
-Twirl Oddly: Well thats what it looks like
-Shrug: Same as PSO's
-Failed Karate: You try to do some jump kick move with both legs out, botch it, and do a full body belly floor flop
-Arm movements: Yea...
-Dance N' Lean: Some kind of possible leaning dance which my PC Phails at
-Mini-Bow: Some kind of semi formal bow thing

There are more, (one for each letter and the F-keys as before) but I will try to remember them. These are the most memorable, for the time. I'll edit if I come up with more.

EDITED:
You can access the girl moves set, but I didn't know it at the time, and so couldn't try any. Read the posts below to see how to do it.
On PSO, I loved to find the biggest RAcast and HUmars and shout at them "CTRL SHIFT J". No one can resist you when you say that, and the reaction is hilarious. I am sure that females come with some different moves but I didn't have one to try it on. However, with this set, the lobby will sertainly be interesting.

As of this, I'm pretty much out of content (and thus articles) that I can provide. However...
A friend of mine discovered a new FO-like hat for females that has somehow appeared out of the blue. He took ALL hats which were in my Estee post, but this wasn't on there. There's also some clothes that are not familiar to me, and I did look at all of them and post it. If he posts them, you can see it. IDK what went on in the final hours as I wasn't there...but it looks like it rocked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2006-05-11 13:07 ]</font>

Itsuki
May 11, 2006, 12:15 AM
You can access the opposite sex's moves. You press alt+shift+key. I remember trying to figure out how to take a screenshot of myself during a male dance. You have to hold down the button now for dances to continue dancing. So I had to hold down alt+shift+n or alt+shift+m. But my keyboard only allowed you to press 3 buttons at once, so when I reached over to press printscreen, it would just say "screw you" to me.

I figured out you can let go of shift though... You can't let go of alt or n or the dance will stop though...

I used alt+f2 alot, for bowing. Also, if you press alt+f1 to sit, then once you are sitting, you can change the position you were sitting in by pressing uhh... the button that brings up your quickswap menu.

vitius137
May 11, 2006, 12:38 AM
cool, iull look forwar to changing my sitting positions (not being sarcastic, im seriously looking forward to that)

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 06:21 AM
Did you try pressing Shift while doing the lobby animations? I was able to access the move set for the opposite gender by using the Alt+Shift combination.

PrinceBrightstar
May 11, 2006, 06:53 AM
Ya, singing is fun to do.

AzureBlaze
May 11, 2006, 03:05 PM
I didn't push the right button combo, apparently. Plus there was a 1 sec delay or so between pushing and the char actually doing something. So I might have thought 'oh this does nothing' and went on to push another before I gave it a chance. Also, something seemed to bring up a menu when I went wrong as well.

I'm quite glad everyone can access all the moves this time too!