PDA

View Full Version : Most Looking Forward Too?

PJ
May 11, 2006, 11:07 AM
When PSU is released, what'll be the first thing you do?

I think I'm gonna beat Story mode before I start my PSU's Hunter License. And probably level up my offline character too. I'm actually very excited for Extra Mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I mean, it doesn't make much difference what I do first, cause I'll probably have the game like a year after everyone. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Latiku
May 11, 2006, 11:17 AM
First: Online mode to secure my character names. Also, since I usually take hours working on characters if given a character creation option (I am very picky about that kind of thing), the sooner I start online,, the better.

Then: When I am finally happy about the look of my characters, I will get off and put some time in the offline mode. Mostly to get familar with the controls and unlock online stuff.

Finally: When I am comfortable with the game and have a firm understanding, full force into online mode.

Reystradamus
May 11, 2006, 11:26 AM
imma go make my cast online...still deciding 2 make a male or female cast....but imma go online...i dont really care for offline...but i think i will play it..if i cant find a group...or when servers are temporarily down..but i think 95percent of the time u will catch me online!

pineapple
May 11, 2006, 11:38 AM
On 2006-05-11 09:17, Latiku wrote:
First: Online mode to secure my character names. Also, since I usually take hours working on characters if given a character creation option (I am very picky about that kind of thing), the sooner I start online,, the better.
Are they requiring unique character names now? If so I think I'll be doing the same thing.

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 11:42 AM
On 2006-05-11 09:38, pineapple wrote:

On 2006-05-11 09:17, Latiku wrote:
Are they requiring unique character names now? If so I think I'll be doing the same thing.

As far as I know, they are not requiring unique character names.

Sinue_v2
May 11, 2006, 11:42 AM
I've been waiting over a decade for a true Phantasy Star RPG - so that will be what I sink my teeth into first and foremost.

I may jump online quick to reserve some character names - but from what I understand that won't be necessary. Partner Cards will be linked to your account, and your account number is what people search out when looking for you... similar to how it was in PSO.

Granted there were only 13,000 people on the Beta - but did anyone have a problem getting the names they wanted?

Kamica
May 11, 2006, 12:00 PM
Online mode obviously since I dont know japanese.

Extra mode sounds interesting, but unless I am mistaken, it has to be unlocked first.

chibiLegolas
May 11, 2006, 12:10 PM
I'll be looking forward to playing with old friends back in DC and xbox days. Cause of the different servers of GC and xbox, I haven't played with my old friends in ages. And of course, looking forward to making new friends online.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

F-o-x
May 11, 2006, 01:29 PM
I'm with Sinue. I'm definatly going to be checking out the offline game being a long time fan of the series. Online mode will just be more of the same goodness from my PSO days (Not that theres anything wrong with that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Neith
May 11, 2006, 01:39 PM
Online first, get my Beast made, and get hold of the name I want- even if multiple people can have the same name, I need to have my name to identify with friends easier.

Once that's done, online for a bit, just gain a few levels, and get a feel for the game.

After that, juggling between off/online, though mostly online.

Sev
May 11, 2006, 01:52 PM
The first thing I'll do is go to my friends house and install the game there. Then it'll be a whole day of playing Online. I'll have plenty of time to test the offline portion.

sami_pso
May 11, 2006, 03:21 PM
i dont know actualy, depend on my pso buddys. we are gonna get online at same time so we have a fair start. so if i have to wait, ill go offline. but i doubt that. i will probaly go online as soon as i got it.

Maridia
May 11, 2006, 04:10 PM
So, wait, everyone is going online to "get their names". Does that mean that you can't have doubles of names at all? That hardly seems fair. Now I see some people saying it isn't necessary. Someone give me a definite answer, please. x.x

And I'd be tempted to go online first, but I might go do offline first. Just to get a feel for the game.

scott1114
May 11, 2006, 05:04 PM
I think extra mode, because it wont be like online, from what I translated. On the official site it says you can roam freely, that you dont need to take a mission in order to be able to fight, and I really wanna explore planets

PJ
May 11, 2006, 06:12 PM
If Extra Mode has to be unlocked first, then without a question, completing Story first.

I dunno why I'm so excited for offline XD

Zelutos
May 11, 2006, 06:38 PM
Online! I can't wait to play with all my friends and slay dragons and stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DikkyRay
May 11, 2006, 06:52 PM
definintly online. I will see so many friends tht went to blue burst. And ill just do offline when no one is on

tank1
May 12, 2006, 08:27 AM
Online ftw cant wait to meet up with Xanoki like the good ol days on the GC (:

Neith
May 12, 2006, 08:37 AM
Wow, 5 posts in a row? o_O

Maridia, I don't know for sure about character names, but I'd like to get my name selected anyway, just so people can tell it's me a little easier.

Fleece
May 12, 2006, 01:53 PM
PJ you BETTER get it same time as us......we'll give you some pain.....I'll make gary punch you when he comes to canada if you don't...

Nisshoku
May 12, 2006, 03:03 PM
Now now kiddies, play nice...

PJ
May 12, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-05-12 11:53, Fleece wrote:
PJ you BETTER get it same time as us......we'll give you some pain.....I'll make gary punch you when he comes to canada if you don't...

Adam.

I am poor.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fleece
May 12, 2006, 06:50 PM
PJ if i have a job by then i'll buy it you. Don't hold your breath though im broker than iraq ATM

Shinjiro
May 14, 2006, 12:30 PM
Online definitely. Thats the main reason why I'm getting the game... Looks so fun online! Just come out, stupid PSU! Dx I will play offline as well, but not nearly as much as online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinjiro on 2006-05-14 10:35 ]</font>

BestRAmarEver
May 14, 2006, 06:50 PM
I pre-ordered JP version, so for that I'll probably be online only since offline mode will make no sense.

Then once US version comes out, I'll play offline mode first, and then I'll play online the rest of the time.

goldengun492
May 14, 2006, 07:23 PM
since i cant get online on my ps2 im looking forward to the offline and extra mode

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 02:34 AM
I reckon on my first day of PSU play, I'll begin Story Mode to get the feel of things, like controls, weapons, synthesis, what have you? Maybe I should get a Hunter's License going before I start playing.