PDA

View Full Version : Answer to the lack of info

scott1114
May 11, 2006, 05:22 PM
I found on this link that PSU goes almost unnoticed at SEGA's booth, that even monkeyball is more popular. That makes me wonder, will there be a large community if JP and US servers arent linked? And is it the reason for the lack of info? well I count on PSo-world and their interview to get info. thank you PSOW

http://videogames.yahoo.com/e32006/article?id=25090

kassy
May 11, 2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah, it's weird I haven't read a single article about PSU on the show floor, perhaps there's not anything really new to say?

Stepper
May 11, 2006, 05:29 PM
Well, I'm sure that's to be expected. With all those flashy next-gen games to see, not many people would be interested in PSU.

physic
May 11, 2006, 05:30 PM
they apparently are treating it as an after thought for now. It doesnt seem to be one of teh main things tehy are promoting currently

Sev
May 11, 2006, 05:30 PM
Could is also be due to the fact that they've already gotten a good bit of info on this game from sites such as this... It's also been known about for a long time now right?

And if there really isn't anything new at the booth other then what people have already experienced... Then it wouldn't draw that many people.

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 05:32 PM
Tomeeboy is still at E3, so it will still be a little while before the interview is up.

Based on the pictures I've seen of the Sega booth, it seems the Phantasy Star Universe area is set in the corner of the booth. There is one poster and a few stations setup. You actually have to hunt around to find the PSU section.

I'm trying to find where one can download the original versions of the offline Photon Arts pictures that have popped up on a few other sites.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-11 15:37 ]</font>

scott1114
May 11, 2006, 05:37 PM
Well if its not one of SEGA's preoccuptaions it might just get delayed again, and if they do not care bout it , updates wont be pretty frequent and I might rethink bout buying it

EJ
May 11, 2006, 05:39 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phantasystariv/media.html
Here a somewhat new trailer.

voxie
May 11, 2006, 07:14 PM
Why does the song keep repeating in that movie? lol

And yeah, PSU won an award at E3 last year didn't it? So it's had it's fire. It just needs to come out now, have people play it and uh, amaze the world. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shivore
May 11, 2006, 07:37 PM
On 2006-05-11 15:27, kassy wrote:
Yeah, it's weird I haven't read a single article about PSU on the show floor, perhaps there's not anything really new to say?

Well, I've seen one http://pc.ign.com/articles/705/705195p1.html but that's about it. Yeah, I am a bit disappointed by the lack of info, but oh well. I'm sure there will still be some more to come.

voxie
May 11, 2006, 07:38 PM
On 2006-05-11 15:32, Ryna wrote:
I'm trying to find where one can download the original versions of the offline Photon Arts pictures that have popped up on a few other sites.

The pics were taken from here (http://www.gpara.com/special/event/report/06/05/event200605110065.htm), Ryna. And you's welcome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EDIT: Okay, seems the shots were sent out from SOA, nevermind that link :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-05-11 17:47 ]</font>

oShojino
May 11, 2006, 07:54 PM
That trailer is really awful due to the looped song, otherwise it would of been good. G4 just showed it, but they cut it short (probably because the awful audio). Man, SoA sure screwed that up.

Ryna
May 11, 2006, 07:59 PM
After enough digging, I finally discovered their super-secret FTP server. You can download the original PNG files here without any additional watermarks:
ftp://segapr.segaamerica.com/SEGA_GAMES/E3%202006%20Press%20Kit/Phantasy%20Star%20Universe/

You can also download a high-resolution PSU logo PSD file there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-11 18:02 ]</font>

voxie
May 11, 2006, 08:03 PM
Wow, that's some serious digging! Thanks man http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kayai
May 11, 2006, 08:20 PM
darn the lack of information is really annoying

Jinto117
May 11, 2006, 09:06 PM
Well the problem like voxie said is that PSU had its time in the light and that people were really expecting it to be in our hands by now. But that's not the case so I can understand it's lack of existance at E3 now. And now I hear the 360 version isn't coming out till 2007! I don't know if I can handle this let alone the seperate servers deal. *begins to sob*

Ansatsu
May 11, 2006, 09:13 PM
I saw Adam Sessler interviewing a guy from SEGA and I had PSU-Twiches... all for nothing D:
All those poops held to see if the interview was next segment, for nothing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ansatsu on 2006-05-11 19:14 ]</font>

Tystys
May 11, 2006, 09:47 PM
MEH.
You'd think that atleast ONE gaming journalist would be sent on the prowl for info on the PSU release date....
unfortunately, that only one journalist happens to be our own TomeeBoy....
TomeeBoy needs backup, damnit!

Latiku
May 11, 2006, 10:00 PM
TomeeBoy, Army of One.

So what is the take home message boys and girls? Sega Hates making money.

ShinMaruku
May 11, 2006, 10:18 PM
That FTP is puiblic knowlegde, then again I'm they guy who got the Sony press FTP... <_<

KaiNova7
May 11, 2006, 10:20 PM
Must...........................Get................ ....confirmed.........................release..... .................date...........................

ShadowDragon28
May 12, 2006, 03:24 AM
It seems to be that all the "current gen" games at E3 are practically getting "ignored" by nearly all the videogame sites, G4 TV, etc.... Even the beatiful and godly "Okami" hasn't even been mentioned by any of them. Next gen stuff is cool and all, but wth is with the virtual snubbing of current gen stuff that should be out sometime between now and next Nov.???

It appears that many outlets are treating all the *new* current gen games like they are the black sheep of the family or something...it's really disconcerting and a bit upseting.

I know I'm not the only one that like to know the release date for PSU and Okami... *sigh*

voxie
May 12, 2006, 06:48 AM
The Gamespot site currently has English dubbed trailers, and the release date of 1st June. o_o

And the PSU English dub sounds alright http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (but I still want the Japanese option)

kassy
May 12, 2006, 06:52 AM
On 2006-05-11 17:59, Ryna wrote:
After enough digging, I finally discovered their super-secret FTP server. You can download the original PNG files here without any additional watermarks:
ftp://segapr.segaamerica.com/SEGA_GAMES/E3%202006%20Press%20Kit/Phantasy%20Star%20Universe/

You can also download a high-resolution PSU logo PSD file there.

Hehe, I love Sega's FTP site http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, I checked it out awhile back as I was in need for some PSO referance material, too bad there PSO section isn't nearly as helpful as their PSU section.

ecchichuu
May 12, 2006, 07:34 AM
"Sega's games for current-generation consoles are receiving markedly less attention than its next-gen offerings. "

No kidding. This is what I've been complaining about for the last year. If PSU had been made for the new consoles, more players would actually give a @#$. And ST could potentially make PSU v2s or v3s without looking embarrassing next to the competition. ST made a shortsighted decision to put this on PS2 and they're going to pay for it.

Deaf360
May 12, 2006, 03:48 PM
god i am so pissed off with E3...they arent talk about phantasy star universe in any platforms..i expect it to be talkin about it tonight at 6pm if not then..i hate to say it...my faith with PSU start fade away. i been wait for this game since 1 year and half i been play dc and ep 1,2 in xbox and ep 3<----hate it ep 4 PSOBB...still look forward for PSU..but i tired of waiting i'm tired of E3 bull crap stuff..make fun of mircosoft and things GOD..i'm not in good mood right now so i will wait and watch e3 tonight and if not talking about cureenty gen of PSU or next gen of PSU then i will do something than E3 will regrent...

Sev
May 12, 2006, 04:04 PM
You guys are getting way to fit for nothing...

If they cover the game fine. If they don't, it doesn't matter... Tomeeboy will have information... More then any other site I'd bet. PSO-World to me... Is the best spot for PS related news. So I'll just go with what they say. After seeing things from the Beta and hearing peoples opinions... A lack of coverage for this game at E3 isn't going to sway my interest.

It'll take alot more then that.

Deaf360
May 12, 2006, 04:11 PM
uhhh i get fit for nothing?..hahha that is funny..>_< i been wait so long so dont tell me that i get fit for nothing ok SEV???

Sev
May 12, 2006, 04:21 PM
You're getting fit for nothing...

If you think about it logically, most of us have been waiting just as long for this game to come out. It didn't get huge coverage at E3. It did get huge coverage at TGS did it not? It really is funny if you think about it, it's not like just because they aren't talking about it at E3, the games going to drop off of the face of the Earth. It's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

You'll get information soon enough, you just need to wait for it. It's your decision, you can get upset or angry if you want. I'm just trying to feed you a little logic so you can save your energy.

Kayai
May 12, 2006, 04:31 PM
well the no info so far on PSU sucks, but at least theres some good news on the new Super Smash (If theres online i will pwn you all! XP)

But seriously, I kinda saw this coming because everyone is so pumped about the next gen systems, no one gives a rats ass about PS2 and since when has PC gotten the fame it so rigthfully diserves?

scott1114
May 12, 2006, 04:33 PM
And anyways if they have no new info it might as well be a good new. Myabe the game's done

Deaf360
May 12, 2006, 05:40 PM
sorry sev..i guess i was so mad and it make sense..E3 dont cover about PSU alot but at TGS did so maybe..in TGS this year will reveal more about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sev
May 12, 2006, 05:50 PM
Don't worry about it Deaf, the feelings easy to understand. It's just that after waiting so long, I've just taken to looking at the positive side. It's alot easier to get by that way. As long as you don't get TOO positive heh.

Kayai
May 12, 2006, 10:23 PM
hey at least we got box art info

Sev
May 13, 2006, 01:07 AM
No one made any jokes about the ships placement at E3? I know it's late, but do you wanna slip that in as a question to Takao Miyohsi?

"What's up with that ship placement on the box art... I mean... Seriously... Don't you find it strange?"

Or not, because it wouldn't be too good if he didn't find that question to be funny or in good taste.

Alisha
May 13, 2006, 02:45 AM
whats funny is did anyone see that new sonic game? it looks fucking horrible.

for some reason i'm Kassy's sig >.>

Hotsuma
May 13, 2006, 06:33 AM
How does the new sonic game look horrible? It looks pretty damn awesome to me. :/

sami_pso
May 13, 2006, 08:55 AM
well it aint super secrit anymore. its open for public.

kassy
May 13, 2006, 09:27 AM
On 2006-05-13 00:45, Alisha wrote:

Seriously, your char look like mine? O_o
Lol, PSU isn't even out yet, and already I’ve managed to accidentally clone someone, lol.

therealAERO
May 13, 2006, 09:44 AM
I talked to the guy next to the Phantasy Star Universe booth when I was at E3. He says they are trying for simultaneous release this fall. He is also in charge of localizing PSU to America. I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

Alisha
May 13, 2006, 06:12 PM
On 2006-05-13 07:27, kassy wrote:

On 2006-05-13 00:45, Alisha wrote:

Seriously, your char look like mine? O_o
Lol, PSU isn't even out yet, and already I’ve managed to accidentally clone someone, lol.

this is what happens when you post at 5 in the morning i ment to say im mesmerized by it lol i really like the look of your character