PDA

View Full Version : PSU dial-up

DoubleJG
May 11, 2006, 07:22 PM
Ok I know that some of you here played the closed beta and many people have been saying since the very beginning that PSU is broadband only. Now, PSOBB also said that yet it works just fine with dial-up. Did anyone notice while playing during the beta that one of their friends or someone in their party said that they were using dial-up? I ask this because I know that I am not the only dial-upper out there who is really concerned about this. Thanks for posting any helpful feedback.

Inazuma
May 11, 2006, 07:28 PM
dont use dial up. even using a very fast cable connection (almost as fast as a T3), i noticed some delay from when id attack and the enemies would actually get hit. and also delay for my own char getting hit.

Shivore
May 11, 2006, 07:39 PM
Inazuma, if you have a connection almost as fast as a T3, then I can almost guarantee you that the hold up was on the server end. Just because your connection can receive a ton of data, doesn't mean that the server can push it out fast enough to keep up.

That said, I highly doubt dial-up would work. I'm sorry but for a game like this, I just can't see it working.

DoubleJG
May 11, 2006, 10:31 PM
Hrmmm well, still worth a try atleast. Luckily just incase dial-up does not work out my friend/neighbor down the road already agreed to let me play over there on his broadband if I let him create a character under my account. Basically, always have a back-up plan fellow dial-uppers!

Nedeti
May 12, 2006, 11:20 AM
you could still give it a try but sinceraly, i recommand broadband.

Reystradamus
May 12, 2006, 11:37 AM
u should give it a try....the only thing about dial up is if somebody call ur crib...u get knocked off....probably aint that bad as people say

kassy
May 12, 2006, 02:09 PM
Well PSO is nearly a six year old game, and was intially designed for dial-up, you can bet PSU will make use of broadband.

I'm not going to get into, there's plenty of topics around addressing/discussing this issue, the beta wasn't a good gauge as to how well dial up will work seeing as they were JP servers, so dial up users will just have to sit tight till we get to test the final US/EU version.