PDA

View Full Version : Based off of Beta.Whats the Best Race for a hunter?

KaiNova7
May 11, 2006, 10:37 PM
Its probably too early in the game to say.
But what do you Beta players think:
Which Race has the most potential to be the overall best HUNTER.

REJ-
May 11, 2006, 10:55 PM
It's most likely not Newman. That much I know.

ChronoTrigga
May 11, 2006, 10:55 PM
Hunters alone, if you ONLY spend points on Hunter class, Beast probably.

KaiNova7
May 11, 2006, 11:06 PM
If you switch between job classes, does that prevent you from maxing out in levels in one particular job??

oShojino
May 11, 2006, 11:17 PM
We arent sure yet whether there is a cap on how many class levels you can have, but in beta it was possible to take all three to level 10 (the cap level for classes in beta). Beast is the best melee if you want damage hp and defense, casts are pretty good as.. especially if you plan to use guns alot as a Hunter. Humans and Newmans are pretty much around the same level, Humans have a bit more damage hp and defense but from my experience Humans and Newmans are pretty much equal (up to level 30 wise) when it comes to HU.

KaiNova7
May 11, 2006, 11:55 PM
Hhmm..see the thing is, I want one char dominantly hunter class, and the other dominantly ranger..cant decide between Cast/Beast to make as Hunter...
Only if I know there char stat pontential,,,

Hotsuma
May 12, 2006, 12:12 AM
I donno why people keep saying Beast have the best defense, I must be missing something 'cause from the stats that were submitted, cast have the best defense, and with good reason... they wear armor plating as clothing lol.. from what the base stats said Beast vs. Cast. Beast has higher HP, ATP, and EVP while Cast has higher DFP, ATA. So Cast I would assume would be the best definsive player and the most solid hunder due to defense and accuracy. Also not that this matters but.. Beast have higher TAP and the female Beast also have higher MST than Casts. So i would assume if you wanted power then Beast would be the best Hunter, if you wanted to have good defense great accuract and a solid profficiency at long raged weapons as well as close ranged, then cast would be good.

Tystys
May 12, 2006, 12:29 AM
Beast would probably be the best class. I mean, come on...look at the name!

_Tek_
May 12, 2006, 02:12 AM
I'm pretty sure this was confirmed when the first screen came out lol.

Itsuki
May 12, 2006, 03:21 AM
Hunter is all about being able to take hits, and still deal some damage. Although cast has more def, in the end, beast HP just beats out cast on the defensive end. Casts are still probably 2nd best, but in melee, most of your defence is coming from armor, so HP>Def and beast ATP>cast ATP.

KaiNova7
May 12, 2006, 10:52 AM
Well...I played Hucaseal on PsoX...they had the highest ata out of hunters...and excellent evp....their Def was good enough....(At high lvs, you only need so much def.. and their Hp was average.Atp was not too far behind humar.
I really like the fact you could hit things(Ata!!) and I was just as stong as any humar because my atp was maxed out...
HHmmm....So im more of a accuracy-pow-evp-guy....Hunters automatically have good def and above average hp...
So, it sounds like cast would be my preference for hunter, But who would I make ranger?
Decisions,Decisions

Nedeti
May 12, 2006, 11:21 AM
Beast since you will have more HP and attack power

Reystradamus
May 12, 2006, 11:34 AM
i say go with the Cast...they look betta IMO than the beasts...and in PSOX The cast were so underappreciated....they were betta than the human hunters...but go with the cast or beast if u wanna try the new race out.

chibiLegolas
May 12, 2006, 11:43 AM
Isn't this too early to tell since we don't know how Beast's low ata would change a HU's game play later on at higher levels?
(memories of missing alot in ultimate mode, flooding back...)

Alisha
May 12, 2006, 11:47 AM
your assuming ata will play a huge role when it may not. in pso ata was used as a method of making the game harder. and i dont think that will be neccisary here. for all we know weapon rank could be your accuracy and ata could only be for guns

zandra117
May 12, 2006, 11:54 AM
I would rather go with Beast because you can nanoblast no matter what class you are and you only have to buy a tatoo that doesnt take up any inventory space. Last I heard in order for a Cast to use the SUV weapon you had to buy a bunch of extra equipment that takes up inventory space and you had to be a ranger. Plus nanoblast lasts longer than the SUV weapon and just seems much more helpful overall. The SUV weapon to me is nothing much more than a photon blast. The best hunter is a Beast because of the nanoblast ability.

Tycho
May 12, 2006, 03:44 PM
I see the "Beasts because they have more ATP" argument is pretty common in here. I'd like to note that in PSO: Blue Burst, Hunters were not even particularly better at melee combat than Hunters were.

KaiNova7
May 12, 2006, 03:45 PM
I would'nt choose a race for hunter off of special ability.
Perhaps it is too early, just wanted to hear some opinions.

MXdude
May 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
Just pick the class you like. Pick the one you can stand to see for hundreds of hours. The stats of one class over another wont be all that important. In PSO androids were stronger then humans yes, but it only took like what, another swing or possibly two from a human to kill the same monster. So my advice, as stated above, is to pick and create a character that is eye pleasing to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-05-12 15:14 ]</font>

Hotsuma
May 13, 2006, 06:56 AM
Well as you can tell from my avatar, I'll be Cast. I'm a "cast, batteries not included" type of guy lol. And I'll be playing it safe with high ATA. High ATA and DFP are always nice bonuses. And anyways I think sometimes for solo you're just gonna have to grit your teeth and use some ranged weapon tactics so... I think for me, cast is a safer bet.

BulletTooth
May 13, 2006, 07:27 AM
Hunter= Beast
Ranger= Cast
FORCE=NEWMAN
A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING=HUMAN

Itsuki
May 13, 2006, 07:22 PM
more like human == equally bad at everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Sorry, I really just think humans really weren't good in the beta. They were good if you were indecisve, since they suffered the least from switching classes, and weren't particularly bad at any play style for those classes. But they just weren't good at much either.

Really, I think the arguement for Beast is not the ATP, but the HP. You must understand that PSU is quite different from PSO. PSU is alot more party oriented and goes out of its way to make playing in groups more beneficial to you than it was in PSO. Melee in PSU played the role of tanks more than they played the role of dealing damage. And when it came down to it, the huge amount of HP that beasts had made them the best at taking damage. The fact that they also had the highest ATP was just frosting on the cake.

PhotonCat
May 14, 2006, 01:08 AM
You shouldn't worry about stats. Worry about what race looks good to you.
It's pointless to pick a race you can't stand looking at just because it's "the best" at a given class.
In the end it's not gonna matter after you have all your armour and weapons(and if there is stat mats).

So a Newman might not be the "best" at being a Hunter and a Beast might not be the "best" at being a Force, so what? Choose what you want to be, not what others expect you to be. Try something new and unusual.

Sgt_Shligger
May 14, 2006, 01:11 AM
I agree with PhotonCat. Even though I plan on being a ranger, I will not use a cast because I just don't like the way they look. I will use a RAnewm because they look cooler... and the fact that they are statistactly the second best ranger......

KaiNova7
May 14, 2006, 03:25 AM
Well...I have made my decision...thank you all for the input.

SubstanceD
May 14, 2006, 05:07 AM
I like the concept of the 'Beast' race, the high ATP and high HP make them a very attractive choice for all us prospective Hunters but I would be lying if I said that I was not concened about the fact that they have the worst Accuracy. There is nothing more frustrating then being on the front line with a mellee weapon, taking a swing at an enemey and 'Missing' while that same enemy pounds you into submission. That's why I almost always exclusively use Hucaseal's in PSO ( despite the fact that they overall pretty poor hunters ), Accuracy is very important to me. So unless Accuracy isn't as important in PSU as it was in PSO chances are that my main character will be a cast and that I will use Human's and Newman's as secndoary charcters while I mostly ignore the Beast race.