PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on improving psu....

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 07:04 PM
Llike the subject title says you guys have any ideas on improving psu?

My idea is sonic team should focus on more race-related jobs. What i'm saying is that we need advanced-jobs, which you get after reaching a certain job lvl.

For example if you start out with a Beast Hunter and as u get to a certain lvl you can change your job to... uh something like an Assasin(aka sin) since Beast has the most DEX and ATP. If you start with Cast Hunter then ad-job is something like a tanker (maybe Defender?) since they have the most DEF. For Newman Hunter maybe something like an Assaulter which is a class based mostly on using phonton arts since Newmans have the most MST. And for Human Hunter, ... a Guardian...???? since it's a pretty much balanced race...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feratique on 2006-05-12 17:05 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
May 12, 2006, 07:22 PM
This is just to make it more appealing to western audiences, a full First Person shooter mode rather than a standstill and aim mode.

Sev
May 12, 2006, 07:30 PM
Ways to improve PSU. I got a great one... Wanna hear it? Ya know you do... Hear it comes...

Release the game.

That's all it'll take for me to love the game.

Honestly though... I'm not sure if that system as you say it would appeal to me... But yeah, it's not like I wouldn't love more customization. I don't think it'll happen though, so I'm just going to be happy with what I get. And also, I don't think that anyone confirmed MST or TAP affecting your Photon Arts. It was more or less just a speculation. I don't think adding in extra classes would be such a great thing... As much as altering your stats as you see fit.

What I don't like about racial and gender restrictions... It's like saying that no matter what you do or how you try, you can only be THIS good here. I guess it just makes each race unique in the end. Except for Humans haha.

Skye-Fox713
May 12, 2006, 07:43 PM
On 2006-05-12 17:30, Sev wrote:

Release the game.

I second this idea for Sega to do this a this E3 indeed ;3

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 07:50 PM
And also, I don't think that anyone confirmed MST or TAP affecting your Photon Arts. It was more or less just a speculation. I don't think adding in extra classes would be such a great thing... As much as altering your stats as you see fit.

Is it true that MST and ATP don't effect the use of photon arts in anyway? i read somewhere on the net about MST and ATP result in your photon arts' damage output i guess that is not true then?

I don't think adding in extra classes would be such a great thing... As much as altering your stats as you see fit.

I think adding classes would make the game more intertesting in the way that it makes people want to try diffirent combinations between races and jobs. Like for people who want to make a force cast or a hunter newman.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feratique on 2006-05-12 17:55 ]</font>

pineapple
May 12, 2006, 07:57 PM
A deeper class system might be nice, but I don't know if it is truly needed. Maybe post 100 ultimate classes, assuming the cap is still at 200.

I still think that WoW and PSO/U smashed together would be the ultimate mmo.

Dre_o
May 12, 2006, 08:00 PM
I say we will just have to wait and see. If everyone could be a Red Mage (Physical attack and magic) then we'd all be Melee FO's (which I despise btw) the rigid system will make it more challenging, since you will have to do what your class is good at, instead of attack, tech, attack, gun, tech...

ShadowDragon28
May 12, 2006, 08:32 PM
Have other evovled PM forms that can travel & battle with your character and allow color slider customization on your PM so it can be re-colored.

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 08:41 PM
On 2006-05-12 18:32, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Have other evovled PM forms that can travel & battle with your character and allow color slider customization on your PM so it can be re-colored.

I like the idea of having more PM forms besides the three that we saw. or maybe... second evolutions branch of of the original three. Like the little dragon one becomes a big dragon...

Zeota
May 12, 2006, 08:43 PM
Miyoshi wants this game to be perfect. However, the longer it takes, the further away from this he will be.

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-05-12 18:00, Dre_o wrote:
I say we will just have to wait and see. If everyone could be a Red Mage (Physical attack and magic) then we'd all be Melee FO's (which I despise btw) the rigid system will make it more challenging, since you will have to do what your class is good at, instead of attack, tech, attack, gun, tech...

what i meant about adding more classes is like focusing on combining the stats that the character already has for example Beast Hunter would get a faster attack speed once he/she changes to whatever class since he/she has the most dex and atp. Not like what you are thinking slashing switch gun or slashing switch spell

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-05-12 18:43, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
Miyoshi wants this game to be perfect. However, the longer it takes, the further away from this he will be.

I don't care how long it takes honestly. I would wait another year if that's what it takes to make this game more enjoyable.

Reystradamus
May 12, 2006, 08:55 PM
wait another year........its a good thing u speakin for yaself....me personally they could improve this game...by making this game free 2 play online!

Skye-Fox713
May 12, 2006, 09:11 PM
I would die if had to waint another year for PSU to come out (speeking sarcasticly) and definentaly free online play would be very sweet indeed

Valure
May 12, 2006, 09:15 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Sev, im just ready for the game to come out. I also think we should wait to make "improvements" on a game that none of us have actually really played thru.

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 09:39 PM
On 2006-05-12 19:15, Valure wrote:
I also think we should wait to make "improvements" on a game that none of us have actually really played thru.

Is that....... Sarcasm???? o.0
just kidding =D

Anyways you guys are right to complain, but think about it do you want to play a game that will only hold your interest for not more than a month?

Alexandrious
May 12, 2006, 09:43 PM
On 2006-05-12 19:39, Feratique wrote:

On 2006-05-12 19:15, Valure wrote:
I also think we should wait to make "improvements" on a game that none of us have actually really played thru.

Is that....... Sarcasm???? o.0
just kidding =D

Anyways you guys are right to complain, but think about it do you want to play a game that will only hold your interest for not more than a month?

Dunno, do you want to wait another year after having to wait a couple years already?

Far as how the betaers all thought of the game, most of em think its almost a god send, and that wasnt even half the content in the beta version I believe? Yea im ready for a release, im tired of waiting, and PSOBB is gettin really bland.

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 09:57 PM
Dunno, do you want to wait another year after having to wait a couple years already?

Far as how the betaers all thought of the game, most of em think its almost a god send, and that wasnt even half the content in the beta version I believe? Yea im ready for a release, im tired of waiting, and PSOBB is gettin really bland.

First it's been only a year since PSU makes its appearance on E3.
Second the beta was'nt that long to make people loose interest. Sure it could be perfect at first but who knows maybe after a while it would get bored...
Why do you think Ragnarok Online is still so popular. Because you get more and more options as you lvl and play the game. The way i see PSU from all the previews and stuff is that it won't last long, i mean it has new cool features like my room and cut in chat.... but that is not enough to keep people' interests. Why do i say that because what can you do after you spend so much time lvling. PSU doesn't seem to answer that question quite yet so i think it needs more time....

SekotheFOmar
May 12, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-05-12 17:30, Sev wrote:
Ways to improve PSU. I got a great one... Wanna hear it? Ya know you do... Hear it comes...

Release the game.

Really though...why do people still make these threads "Ideas for PSU" just release the game first. And if there is room for improvements then they will add a patch of some sort.

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
Really though...why do people still make these threads "Ideas for PSU" just release the game first. And if there is room for improvements then they will add a patch of some sort.

There can only be so many patches to add to the game since the restiction of a memmory card.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feratique on 2006-05-12 20:13 ]</font>

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
edit: sorry for double posting i accidently reply twice

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feratique on 2006-05-12 20:14 ]</font>

Polly
May 12, 2006, 10:37 PM
Actually if you wanna get technical, PSU made its first appearance at E3 2004 in the form of a short teaser trailer. xP

Far as how the betaers all thought of the game, most of em think its almost a god send, and that wasnt even half the content in the beta version I believe?

I look at these kinds of opinions cautiously. Much like Nintendo's Wii at E3, I'd rather wait for the "OMG ITS NEW" excitement to die down and people to actually start thinking about what may be wrong with it, inestead of seeing it as perfection due to possibly being blinded by the excitement.

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 10:44 PM
I look at these kinds of opinions cautiously. Much like Nintendo's Wii at E3, I'd rather wait for the "OMG ITS NEW" excitement to die down and people to actually start thinking about what may be wrong with it, inestead of seeing it as perfection due to possibly being blinded by the excitement.

That's what i think is happening to PSU. People are "blinded" by the excitement. It may seem all perfect now but maybe it's not all that hot once the heat die down....

ooh my bad, i didn't know that it got started in 2004, i started looking up PSU stuff, after i saw it at e3 in 2005...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feratique on 2006-05-12 20:45 ]</font>

physic
May 12, 2006, 10:53 PM
yea, but regardless waiting years for a game is pointless, it will never be perfect, and it will never appeal to everyone. Better the game come out now and they tweak teh engine or game based on actual feedback on teh actual game. (tweaks which will sadly prolly be in forms of new discs to buy since its ps2 compat)

BORBAN
May 12, 2006, 11:30 PM
The best thing for this game would definately be offline multiplayer,because they won't have this I doubt I'll stick with it as long as PSO.

The most fun was playing with my brothers and friends. Shame they won't have this on the new one.

On the brighter side I got an X-BOX 360, and am glad that it is coming out for it. Still no multiplayer....that's not cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BORBAN on 2006-05-12 21:33 ]</font>

Alexandrious
May 12, 2006, 11:38 PM
On 2006-05-12 20:37, Neiclaes wrote:
Actually if you wanna get technical, PSU made its first appearance at E3 2004 in the form of a short teaser trailer. xP

Far as how the betaers all thought of the game, most of em think its almost a god send, and that wasnt even half the content in the beta version I believe?

Hehe believe me, ive seen NDA breakers comments on other mmos. Most of em wernt as positive as the feedback we have gotten here.

physic
May 13, 2006, 12:29 AM
keep in mind though most people on here are pso fans, prolly to an extreme point so their opinions are not unbiased

Sev
May 13, 2006, 12:57 AM
It's true that it's easy to be blinded by excitement. If I can use excitement alone to get me through 2 years of waiting... Then I can use the same excitement to get me through 2 years of playing. Well, that's a rather strange things to say... It's really like this for me though...

I played PSO from the first release, til I gave my friend my GameCube Broadband adapter like... 1 or 2 years ago... And then again when Blueburst was out for about 3 months before I thought I needed a new game.

I played FFXI from my first year of college, and it's been 3 years... Even with new content I just don't wanna touch the game.

If I can get 3 or 5 years out of one game... Which I doubt it'll last that long with PSU before someone comes along as says "Everythings next gen... We should get to work." or something to that effect. At this point, I just want the game, and wanna play it. I have love for every game I play, I don't look at things as a fan, just as someone who wants to get enjoyment. From what I've seen and heard of this game, I just want it now. There's ways to improve it, there's ways to improve everything. But I won't be able to truly say what I think should be changed or not until I play it. We'll then see what's pointless, and what's not pointless.

And Feratique, I'm still not sure what effect Photon Arts. It's possible that it could be a combination of your MST, and TAP. TAP is supposed to be Technic attack power, and I thought that Technic's would also include your "Bullets" for Ranger and your "Photon Arts" for Hunters. It was just a thought... But I also noticed that the head units they showed, only allows TAP or MST. If neither of those stats could be used outside of Force, why would they only be avaiable for that piece? Well, it's just a speculation.

PhotonCat
May 13, 2006, 01:08 AM
I would really love for them to just "improve" the release date. The game is looking great as it is and I just want to play it!

bstm300
May 13, 2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah no crap guys-They need to include offline mutiplayer. Appearing to be greedy bastards by not letting us play offline multiplayer is not the way to go. I also agree on keeping the release date for summer. They have worked on the damn game enough already!!! They have also tested it with the beta version and the screen shots looked nice enough.

Sev
May 13, 2006, 12:33 PM
Most people seemed to have aggreed that offline multiplayer wouldn't work on the PS2... 4 screens with techs and photon arts flying off? Doesn't seem like it'd work to well. Plus the whole buying a multi-tap thing... Which is what I hate the most. I really don't think they took away offline multiplayer just so you would go online... Because that's not a sure bet anyway.

Shade-
May 14, 2006, 02:17 AM
I just want A WAY to cast a spell, then grab an axe/claws and hit enemys. No, it wouldn't be as strong as a dedicated FO character, or as strong as a dedicated HU. Middle of the road kind of thing. Problem is, they dont allow that combo at all. Even dropping use of guns in order to use techs. It's stupid to make it so completely rigid where the player has NO choices whatsoever and there are ONLY 3 classes with 4 races that have minor stat differences.

Kyuu
May 14, 2006, 05:07 AM
I hate to say it but I agree. I hope we see some better options with the class/race combinations than seem to currently exist. Pretty please, ST?

physic
May 14, 2006, 05:45 AM
people seem to be saying that the downgrade in fo attacking potential isnt that great, someone mentioned a fobeast being the only one able to use some dagger. I guess even if you have no photon arts or few, yu can still do regular attacks. I think the issue is that your attacks will be very weak (same as pso) and you have really sucky hp/def and frankly you can do a ton of damage with a spell with less chance of dying. SO essentially for middle of teh ground you have to be fo. Keep in mind though there could be Equipment later that has spells that isnt fo only or something.
I wonder though... offline having to depend on a NPC to keep you alive seems like a bad idea, i wonder if ethan is limited like it seems your online chrs are. In the old demo he could basically do whatever he wanted. at least it seemed that way

Shinjiro
May 14, 2006, 12:29 PM
I agree with the person that said "just release the game", we've been waiting long enough... I dont care about perfecting it personally, because right now its better than most MMOs out... I dont want to wait any longer.

Sev
May 14, 2006, 12:36 PM
The only times I saw myself using Techs as a Hunter were in these occassions...

Too lazy to switch to gun, so used Zonde to zap a trap.

Resta, Zalure, Jellen, Shifta, Deband, Ryuker(Gone), Reverser, and Anti.

Tagging monsters in a room with Rafoie, Razonde or trying to freeze something with Gibarta.

These are all things I can live without on a Hunter. It's not gonna be easy to 1 shot something when your in a group. So you'll have a chance to tag it from what I've seen in the Beta videos. I can carry 20 items now, so I can use healing items and get rid of my own status effects... Raise teamates, and of course have a Scape Doll for self Res, which if I'm not mistaken you can now carry more then those. There are traps in the game, I don't know who's use their limited to, if they're limited at all. And it's not like each class isn't getting something they're especially good at so there's no problem there.

I understand peoples want to be middle of the road, but we don't know if it's impossible. Rather then that, I'm just not keen on using a weak attack spell for anything other then tagging. And I won't even need to do that. So for me, it's not big loss, I was never a big tech guy and of course... That's what Forces are for in my eyes. We don't know what's going to happen yet, what stats will effect what, and how it'll all come together in the end product.

Parn
May 14, 2006, 01:24 PM
The class system, based on the beta, is perfect. I don't want a single thing changed. Lack of character independance is what I call balanced gameplay in an online multiplayer, COOPERATIVE game.

DarK-SuN
May 14, 2006, 01:33 PM
I couldn't agree more, Parn.
The game balance is perfect as it is, nothing needs to be tweaked.

Kyuu
May 14, 2006, 02:13 PM
Gah, double post. Ignore this one. ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-14 12:15 ]</font>

Kyuu
May 14, 2006, 02:15 PM
On 2006-05-14 11:24, Parn wrote:
The class system, based on the beta, is perfect. I don't want a single thing changed. Lack of character independance is what I call balanced gameplay in an online multiplayer, COOPERATIVE game.That aspect of it is not at all what I'm complaining about. I'm complaining about how it seems there is absolutely no advantage to having a higher TAP as a hunter or ranger, which makes the HU/RAnewm/newearl combinations essentially worthless. It's all negatives with no positives. Sure they have decent ATA and EVA, but that's not nearly enough to make up for the weak ATP and low HP.

Also, indepedence is to a degree rather necessary. I'm not looking for another WoW experience, where I'm unable to play because finding a magic-user who will commit themselves to support is nigh impossible to find. Healing/support is just not as fun an area to specialize in for most people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-14 12:15 ]</font>

Parn
May 14, 2006, 03:16 PM
1. My HUmar was completely inferior to a HUcast with force support. My HUmar was also completely inferior to a RAmarl in a solo situation. Strangely enough, I played the game just fine with these negatives!

2. If independence is necessary, Fable and Oblivion are that way =========>

DarK-SuN
May 14, 2006, 03:20 PM
@Kyuu:
That's where personal skill comes in.
If you're skilled enough at hoarding monsters and lining/grouping them up for something, you're more than safe as a FO with low ATP and low HP.
FOs are not just support here; in WOW you had specific support magic using classes, here you're both an offensive and defensive Force, although that entirely depends on how you "level up" your FO skills.

Seriously, the game is very fine as it is, since it promotes cooperation when teaming up and personal skill when it comes to soloing, not just slashing mindlessly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2006-05-14 13:22 ]</font>

-Klaus-
May 14, 2006, 03:59 PM
On 2006-05-12 18:55, Reystradamus wrote:
wait another year........its a good thing u speakin for yaself....me personally they could improve this game...by making this game free 2 play online!

....I'd like for it to be free to play, but on the other hand I would hate it also.

Free to play means more people, more lag on the servers, more idiots. ><

Honestly speaking, i'd rather pay to play so I'd be able to actually get into the servers... if it was free we all know there would be like 3873840983209802 bajillion people on all the time. *cough* >_>

Feratique
May 14, 2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah free means ultra lags for sure, like what's happening to Rakion, since people will try to play on dial up....