PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Newman

Kalamari
May 12, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah so this is just like the thread about beasts. I'm not saying I want to meet every newman in the open beta (if there is gonna be one) but I just want to see who plans on being a newman and what class. I for one plan to be a Newman Force. I know its not very original but I like magic and I like elves... Shoot me

oShojino
May 12, 2006, 09:56 PM
I plan to be a FOnewm at first, if Newmans get any edge in melee wise Ill definetly be a HUnewm as well *dreams back to the PS days when Newmans were awesome at magic and close combat*.. ahem ahems, ah yes so Ill be a FOnewm and a HUnewm. I hope to meet all the other Newmans as well, though I can garantee a majority of them will be FOnewerals heh.

(By the way, Newmans arent elves common misconception.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-12 19:57 ]</font>

SekotheFOmar
May 12, 2006, 09:58 PM
Hunter Force Newman....just don't feel like wearing the traditional dress

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 10:01 PM
You guys might think i'm crazy but.... i'm gonna make a Newman Hunter... =.=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feratique on 2006-05-12 20:02 ]</font>

Kayai
May 12, 2006, 10:24 PM
nah im gonna try out Newman Hunter as well, i mean, why not?

Sgt_Shligger
May 12, 2006, 11:13 PM
I was going to make a newman ranger... I am the crazy one. Would it be a waste to make a newman ranger?

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 11:16 PM
Not really since you won't get hit alot if you're a ranger

Sgt_Shligger
May 12, 2006, 11:20 PM
I mean stat wise. Don't newmans have low stats besides MST? I plan on shooting everything that is in range but I don't plan on using magic for anything more than healing.... how does magic work? There is a guide but.........

Feratique
May 12, 2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah i guess you would loose some damage output, if ATP and ranged ATP is the same

I'm not sure ATP and ranged ATP is the same or not can anyone verify this? coz i know that everytime you shoot a bullet u use pp, and if you use pp then it's considered photon art. And ATP doesn't effect photon arts...

Sinue_v2
May 12, 2006, 11:34 PM
Numans.... are not Elves... >_<

The similatirties between the two races are purely coincidental...

http://www.algol-star-system.net/data-memory/ps1_images/shenmue-myau.jpg

Notice the ears? Tohru Yoshida (who created Nei, the first Numan) had originally planned to give Nei a tail as well - but cut it off at the last minuite. Even if there isn't a clear cannon link to Musk-Cats and Numan - they are still related from a design perspective.

So they are more cat-girls than anything, and as such - I plan to play my Numan/Newman character in the traditional role of melee/magic mix. If PSU prohibits that, then I'll at least stick to melee w/ close combat dual-weilding claws.

Kyuu
May 13, 2006, 03:00 AM
HUnewearl all the way. >< I just hope there's -some- advantage...

Ryo_Hayasa
May 13, 2006, 03:28 AM
For those who has played as Newmans, do they really stink as hunters? Like, really really horrible compared to beasts and what not?

Zarbolord
May 13, 2006, 03:45 AM
You guys stick too much to normal pso stats. If there is a choice to choose what type of character you'll develop, it's sure that the stats will change depending on what you train on. It's clear, right? Ok there are some differences between races, but the stats will probably change depending on your training, otherwise what's the point of giving a choice? I'm unsure if my Total force shall be newman or newgirl, but it's a cat individual. And I'm going for pure magic (there's a spell that looks like bolganone from Fire Emblem, looks really cool!).

Kupi
May 13, 2006, 12:19 PM
On 2006-05-13 01:00, Kyuu wrote:
HUnewearl all the way. >< I just hope there's -some- advantage...

Well, looking at the starting stats reported by Parn (I think it was Parn), Newmen have the second-best ATA of Hunters, and the highest EVP, TAP, and MST. Granted that it remains to be seen if TAP affects Photon Arts, but still-- even if ATA isn't the Hunter's "prime" stat, it's still quite important, and unless I miss my guess, a high MST store means you'll take less damage from Techs than other Hunters. Not to mention that you've got the best chance of completely negating enemy physical attacks. They may not be the best damage-dealers, but they've got advantages.

On another subject, I don't think describing Newmen as "elves" is that far off the mark. From a visual design standpoint, they're really just pointy-eared humans at this point. And since they've got the stereotypical elvish magic affinity and "grace" stats (ATA and EVP, I mean), I think the comparison is pretty apt. In fact, considering that Beasts were created by combining human and animal DNA and Newmen were created by a more direct manipulation of the human genome, Beasts might have more in common with the Numen of old than the Newmen of today do! Awkward. ^_^()

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2006-05-13 10:20 ]</font>

pineapple
May 13, 2006, 12:30 PM
I'm planning on making a RAnewm for my main. All of my characters will probably end up being off-class for their race just because I'd rather have a unique experience.

Fleece
May 13, 2006, 12:46 PM
Hunter Newman - sword for melee bow for ranged

SirenV
May 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
Numan Hunter as well - Dual wield claws for melee and also bow for ranged.

I think (hopefully) that they wouldn't allow you to be anything you pleased just confine you due to unfunctional combinations. Certain combinations may be harder or less potent than others, but I hope they wouldn't be pointless. Anyway, Numan hunters seem like they may have a bit going for them. I really liked the PSO HUnewearl though, not the strongest but still in the fray but with good support techs.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 13, 2006, 01:04 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the bow is a FOrce only weapon.

My Numan will probably be a pure teching FOrce, with my Beast being more or a melee/support FOrce.

Sgt_Shligger
May 13, 2006, 01:08 PM
I still can't decide. I really don't like magic... MST but does it give other advantages?

Eros17
May 13, 2006, 01:39 PM
HUnewm That dual wields Slicers...

OH YEAH http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eros17 on 2006-05-13 11:40 ]</font>

Eros17
May 13, 2006, 01:42 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pandaroll.gif

Shivore
May 13, 2006, 03:02 PM
I'll probably a force Numan, but expect me to whip out a bow quite frequent, if it's at all effective that is. Ideally, I'd be a fighter and magic user, kinda like Kratos in Tales of Symphonia. Dunno if that will work, but I'm gonna try.

oShojino
May 13, 2006, 03:14 PM
I played a bit as a Hunewm, and while they arent horrible they definitely leave much to be desired.. especially after you play a Hubeast. Playing a Hunewm right now feels alot like playing a Humar, only with less hp defense and attack power. Sure I had nice EVP but it didnt seem to help much, the only upside I believe was the ATA so I hit a bit more then my Beast.. but that was a drop in the bucket compared to the attack power defense power and hp I was missing out on, as well as that special attack. Bows are Force only, and from what I could tell they are ATP based since they added ATP.. Fos just seem to have alot of damage with them because they add 700+ atp. Hunewm isnt looking very desireable right now, unfortunately =/... but we'll have to see how it plays out.

HatMaster
May 14, 2006, 12:37 AM
Newman force. I like to make things go boom. Forget taking damage, I can run like the wind if I need to. But making pretty explosions of death? Seriously, who can turn that down?

Sgt_Shligger
May 14, 2006, 12:41 AM
My strategies... hide, shoot, run, repeat. Spray and Pray. Duck and Cover.

ANIMEniac
May 14, 2006, 12:50 AM
my HUnewearlshall return. it might be slightly unethical, but after leveling a RAcaseal to lvl 85 with out ever using a Mag i think i will be ready. and why is Bow FO only... to me that sounds mega dumb, especialy seeing that it woul make sense for the bow to be ATP based because you are physicaly pulling on a draw string.

Sgt_Shligger
May 14, 2006, 12:56 AM
Well, if you really think about it, the bow and arrow is an extremely outdated weapons, especailly is the time frame of Pantasy Star. The only thing that could really make such archaic technology useful would be a magical advantage. The weapon deals with a greater thought process and is not sporting a 100lb draw string.....

StarLionsX
May 14, 2006, 01:08 AM
There will be an open beta?!

Sgt_Shligger
May 14, 2006, 02:24 AM
We don't know... If I am right, TomeeBoy is checking this at E3....

Natrokos
Aug 18, 2006, 04:06 PM
I can't decide between FOnewm and HUnewm I can't stand the idea of having to use a staff or a wand but at the same time I want to cast techs......

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 18, 2006, 05:07 PM
maybe a RAnewearl for me, newmans have the second best ATA, which makes them good Rangers according to psupedia. also, I've never really seen one in PSO so its something new. the RAnewearl would be my second character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-08-18 15:12 ]</font>