PDA

View Full Version : Some questions...

Zarbolord
May 13, 2006, 08:31 AM
I know it's maybe a bit early for answers to these, but it's just to know if we have answers...
1) Will there be non-photon weapons, such as enemy parts or ancient weapons (e.g. talis).
2) If two different weapons are equipped, how will we be able to use them seperatly? (like handgun/saber)
3) If we equip two handguns it'll make a mechgun, so will the range stay the same or change?
4) Do we know how many enemies a shot can hit with a normal attack?
5) Can long range weapons be used at close range (or will there be an incapability to shoot from close up)?
6) Will two photon arts used by two characters on the same side and at the same time influence each other? Create a combo?
7) Will weapons own a 'type' (like water, ice, fire) which then have different effects on enemies?
8 ) If so will it be possible to change the type by grind or some other way?
9) Casts have mental strength now (old MST) so will they be able to use magic techniques (if we can then I'm DIRECTLY making a FOcast)?
10) I haven't seen much on armor, will there be more stuff than just armor and shield (such as glasses, belts, shoes) that change stats?
11) Will the already present in pso effects (freeze, arrest, geist, etc...) exist or will they just be passed through weapon type/photon art?
12) Will stats depend on choice of style (close melee, range, magic) or just by class?
13) Each class can use everything and turn to what they want, but if so, is there a limit to such training?
14) If so will all three styles be trained to maximum? Is there a limit as in lvl (giving a max for one style/ or just a total amount that you spread depending on your style choice)?
15) Will players of really low levels be able to enter harder levels from the beginning?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2006-05-13 06:32 ]</font>

Ryna
May 13, 2006, 08:49 AM
1. Don't know.
2. When you are dual wielding, you press a button to make the other weapon active. For keyboard controls, you press the up arrow to activate your handgun. Otherwise, you default to your right-handed weapon.
3. You cannot equip two machine guns at the same time. However, you can equip two handguns. In that situation, they both fire at the same time.
4. The cheapest Shotgun allowed you to hit 3 enemies. The latest screenshots show four shots hitting enemies.
5. You can use long-range weapons up-close.
6. It may stun the enemy or finish it off faster. There is no direct influence.
7. Weapons can have elemental types. For example, if your sword has an ice element to it, it will do more damage to monsters that are weak to ice.
8. I don't know. You can create your own weapons and choose the element they have.
9. They can use techniques now, though they may not be very good at it.
10. Clothing (shirt, glasses, accessories) do not affect your defensive stats. Your armor is seperate from your clothing.
11. Those special attacks (freeze, arrest, etc...) exist in PSU as side-effects to Photon Arts.
12. I don't understand the question. Your stats will change depending on your job (IE class) and current job level.
13. Each job is restricted in the weapons they can use. For example, it seems Hunters cannot use long bows. Only Forces can use that weapon.
14. We don't know if there is a max yet. The job level cap for the closed beta was 10 for each one.
15. Low-level players should be able to enter all C-Rank missions. There are level requirements for higher-level missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-13 06:55 ]</font>

mech259_
May 13, 2006, 09:00 AM
On 2006-05-13 06:31, Zarbolord wrote:
I know it's maybe a bit early for answers to these, but it's just to know if we have answers...
1) Will there be non-photon weapons, such as enemy parts or ancient weapons (e.g. talis).

We don't know yet, but I haven't seen any in the trailers or in the beta.

2) If two different weapons are equipped, how will we be able to use them seperatly? (like handgun/saber)

Press the down arrow key to attack. If you are not holding down the up arrow key, you'll attack with the saber. If you are, you'll use the gun.

3) If we equip two handguns it'll make a mechgun, so will the range stay the same or change?

You can't just equip 2 handguns. But you can buy dual handguns, which are 2 handguns. =P They're different from Mechguns though. The closest thing to mechs are machineguns, but you can't dual wield them afaik.

4) Do we know how many enemies a shot can hit with a normal attack?

5) Can long range weapons be used at close range (or will there be an incapability to shoot from close up)?

You can use long range weapons from close range.

6) Will two photon arts used by two characters on the same side and at the same time influence each other? Create a combo?

Probably not, but we're not sure yet.

7) Will weapons own a 'type' (like water, ice, fire) which then have different effects on enemies?

Weapons can have elements attached to them which will make them strong/weak on certain enemies. You can also buy elemntal PAs for guns which change their element and also give them the ability to inflict status effects.

8 ) If so will it be possible to change the type by grind or some other way?

Not sure.

9) Casts have mental strength now (old MST) so will they be able to use magic techniques (if we can then I'm DIRECTLY making a FOcast)?

You can make a FOcast that can cast techs.

10) I haven't seen much on armor, will there be more stuff than just armor and shield (such as glasses, belts, shoes) that change stats?

There is only guard lines and unit slots. A guard line is equivalent to armor, and each one comes with different unit slots, like head, arm, body, extra. Each line only has a few of those slots though, none of them have all of them. I haven't seen any armors drop in the beta, so you have to buy them from stores it seems.

11) Will the already present in pso effects (freeze, arrest, geist, etc...) exist or will they just be passed through weapon type/photon art?

Freeze and arrest were gun PAs in the beta. So was burning, and some unknown other status effect. They were passive skills though, every shot had a chance to freeze the enemy. The melee PAs only did damage though. Also, the first two SUV weapons were able to zalure (or was it jellen?) the enemy or shock them.

12) Will stats depend on choice of style (close melee, range, magic) or just by class?

Your class decides your choice of style. A HU can't use guns or cast techs. A RA can't use melee weps or cast techs. FOs can use bows and dual daggers though, but they're still made for casting. All classes can use saber and handgun though.

13) Each class can use everything and turn to what they want, but if so, is there a limit to such training?

I'm not exactly sure you understand what class is. HU/RA/FO is a class. Human/Beast/Cast/Newman is race. Every race can change their class to HU/RA/FO at any time. There probably is a limit, but each class would share the same limit, since leveling up one class doesn't affect another.

14) If so will all three styles be trained to maximum? Is there a limit as in lvl (giving a max for one style/ or just a total amount that you spread depending on your style choice)?

The level cap for class levels is unknown.

15) Will players of really low levels be able to enter harder levels from the beginning?

You can enter the c-rank mission of any area from lv1. B-rank and up have level restrictions though.

Zarbolord
May 13, 2006, 09:14 AM
Thank you, I know more now. The guides didn't mention most of this stuff. Let's hope the game will be free for US/EU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PJ
May 13, 2006, 10:06 AM
Ryna, what do you mean by make your own weapons? Like, name, photon colour?

Ryna
May 13, 2006, 10:28 AM
On 2006-05-13 08:06, PJ wrote:
Ryna, what do you mean by make your own weapons? Like, name, photon colour?

Using Item Synthesis, you can create weapons with photon colors that are not available through the regular shops.

Saiffy
May 13, 2006, 10:32 AM
I really hope there's some sort of c-mode, or some sort of way to make weapons with custom names, but creating "custom" photon colours is neat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Itsuki
May 13, 2006, 07:16 PM
its not so much custom as it is elemental. Like a fire saber or an ice partisan.

Also...

I seem to remember some of the second parts of C ranks having higher minimum levels? Maybe they didn't. But each mission lists the approximate level of the monster in them at the beginning, so you can quickly judge if its going to be too hard for you. You don't necessarily want to go into a place that has monsters more than 5 levels above you if you are alone. And with a group, it seemed monsters about 10 to 15 levels above you was the norm.

Zarbolord
May 14, 2006, 05:54 AM
Yes, photon weapons will depend also on their elemental type, is item synthesis gonna be as complicated as finding two or more items and putting them together, or can you just change it directly by buying what you need?

Lyrise
May 14, 2006, 12:18 PM
Item synthesis will always play a central role in your equipment, and yes, its going to require at least 2 types of resources for it to work. But since we're talking about weaponry, make that 4 kinds (which is the max; 3 for guardlines) of resources not counting the recipe board required to teach your PM the recipe - Photons, Metals, Ores, and Wood.

Example of weapon synthesis (http://www.arc-drive.com/images/psu/weaponsynth.JPG)

As far as I know and gather from other Japanese boards, the option to change it directly will most likely exist. However the problem would stand that you would have to use it like a grinder, and thus, the chance of failing (since its not likely they'll let you do this at 100% rate), breaking it, and sending your piece of equipment into "Equip Heaven."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-05-14 10:23 ]</font>

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 05:39 AM
Ok, I have three more questions (lets keep to one thread...).
1) When a monster is killed, attacked by two players, does the damage split into equal parts/is given like in pso (more to the killer, less to the other)/or the total is given to both?

2) How do objects present themselves (under boxes like pso, or like weapons on the floor?).

3) Is there a tech boost that is made between two types of spells? Do the equipped spells influence eachither on a weapon?

Kyuu
May 22, 2006, 04:01 PM
I can answer #3, Zarbo.

When you equip multiple technics so a single weapon, each technic of the same element on the weapon gives that element a damage boost. For example, if you equip foie and gifoie on the same weapon, it becomes a fire element weapon and gives a 4% bonus to fire technics. For staves, which can hold up to four technics, it's unclear whether the bonus increases to 6% and 8% for the third and fourth technics, or whether it doubles and goes 8% and 16%. Also, I'm not entirely sure whether or not equipping a different element technic on a weapon with a bonus for two same element technics (for example: putting a resta on a staff that has foie and gifoie) will disrupt the bonus. However, my impression is that it would.