PDA

View Full Version : why no pie?

linkzone
May 14, 2006, 05:11 AM
why didnt the "wii" get PSU? i mean PSO was one of their best games. though they took if off the sega, it was better on the GC. so why not the "wii"? the control? maybe it wouldnt go good with the "wiis", see it just sounds too weird, controls. well let me know what yall think. i mostly think its the way the controls would be.

physic
May 14, 2006, 05:39 AM
wii doesnt require the use of weird controls, it functions with other controllers, and its not required that you use the controller movement for a game. KEep in mind though that this game has been planned for years, and designed with ps2 in mind, also it is likely that wii and ps3 wont even be out when the game comes out. I think they are holding of on developinbg it for those platforms till they have more time with the systems, and the systems have established themselves, because really they arent gonna increase the graphics much from version to version. So doesnt really make sense to develop for them when they will have a very small user base when for awhile

vitius137
May 14, 2006, 01:49 PM
just wait, maybe they'll release another version for wii seperately. it wont matter to me since i promised myself not to buy the wii till i got bored of psu.

ShadowDragon28
May 14, 2006, 05:13 PM
It would be awesome if PSU was released for the Nintendo Wii, using real motions to trigger your characters attack, like duel wielding and the photon arts etc... would be very cool.

For some reason Sega of Japan support of Nintendo as a third-party developer so far has been half-hearted and lacking. I'm amazed Wii is even getting Sonic Wild Fire...

vitius137
May 14, 2006, 05:26 PM
they say sonic wildfire is the best 3d sonic game ever shown... but it doesnt look very fun....
you move along a predetermined path and only change which side of the path you run on. occasionally jumping. i like the xbox/ps3 version better (the ps3 sonic demo froze, lol) http://youtube.com/watch?v=c_4InHXPHvs&search=ps3%20freeze

ShadowDragon28
May 14, 2006, 05:43 PM
I don't mind pre-determined paths in a Sonic game, seems more like the gameplay of the orignal Sonic games on the Genesis. So that's cool.

Jack
May 14, 2006, 07:28 PM
All you ever do in any Sonic game is hold the controller in one direction, occasionally jumping.

Fleece
May 14, 2006, 07:32 PM
i finished 4 levels in sonic adventure 1 by holding forward and occasionally pressing jump. although to be fair i died on the first level by standing still and going 'ooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo pretty' stupid dreamcast

Ancient
May 14, 2006, 08:29 PM
Well PSU was originally desgned for PS2 and PC, and I think the 360 is the easiest console out there to port PC games too at the moment. So I'm thinking that was a heavy factor in Sega's choice of consoles to port the game too. The Wii is going to use a lot of different proprietary hardware and funky/cool stuff, I doubt it's impossible to make a decent port of PSU for, but would just be more work.
Also, I'm thinkin that Sega is trying to reach the most ammounts of PSO fans with the least ammount of work as well. An overwelming portion of Gamecube owners also own a PS2 or Xbox. And accoarding to the head of Nintendo it will be much the same way with the Wii, and the next generation of systems. So if you've already got target saturation with the PS2 (which would also defacto mean PS3), the 360, and PC, they would not get many more copies sold by releasing yet another version on the Wii (comparitively speaking). Once again, I dont see why they couldn't go ahead an make a port, but the returns would not be as great for them.

Tystys
May 15, 2006, 12:41 AM
On 2006-05-14 18:29, Ancient wrote:
Well PSU was originally desgned for PS2 and PC, and I think the 360 is the easiest console out there to port PC games too at the moment. So I'm thinking that was a heavy factor in Sega's choice of consoles to port the game too. The Wii is going to use a lot of different proprietary hardware and funky/cool stuff, I doubt it's impossible to make a decent port of PSU for, but would just be more work.
Also, I'm thinkin that Sega is trying to reach the most ammounts of PSO fans with the least ammount of work as well. An overwelming portion of Gamecube owners also own a PS2 or Xbox. And accoarding to the head of Nintendo it will be much the same way with the Wii, and the next generation of systems. So if you've already got target saturation with the PS2 (which would also defacto mean PS3), the 360, and PC, they would not get many more copies sold by releasing yet another version on the Wii (comparitively speaking). Once again, I dont see why they couldn't go ahead an make a port, but the returns would not be as great for them.

Another thing I think made them port to the 360 was probably the demand. I remember the dozens of posts that popped up saying that there was a proven 360 version in the works, and why it should be ported, etc etc...

StarLionsX
May 15, 2006, 01:11 AM
What pie!?!?! I see no pie...

Espilonarge
May 15, 2006, 02:32 AM
The most common reason why its not coming out to Wii or PS3 is because they havn't been released yet. The arcitecture is very new and with very limited infomation, Sega nore Sonic Team know exactly how well the games will run. Personally I rather they wait abit longer till they can get a grasp for the newer consoles before attempting to release a title (Wii's contoller may not work as intended or attract a large enough audiance.)

linkzone
May 15, 2006, 06:18 AM
On 2006-05-14 23:11, StarLionsX wrote:
What pie!?!?! I see no pie...

mmmm... pie... oh wait, yeah theres no pie i was a figure of speech, im hungry now. *marches off to get some pie*

Cetus
May 16, 2006, 12:14 AM
It would also be a lost for sega as all Phantasy Star Fan will have nuy it on either PS2,PC or Xbox 360.And unlike PSO i doubt they will add new thing like a new episode 1 i gonna be longer
2 It have more Customization
That all the reason i can think.Only think they would change for wii is the control or could use the Retro controler of the wii to play it or a gamecube one.So if you want a feel of nintendo in it buy a special usb adapter for gamecube and use it as your gamepad in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ifrian
May 16, 2006, 05:06 AM
but .... what about the pie?

Tystys
May 16, 2006, 05:10 AM
On 2006-05-16 03:06, Ifrian wrote:
but .... what about the pie?

Don't worry, SEGA is giving out free pies with a purchase of PSU.

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 07:18 AM
Urhmmm the wii has been designed to have similar achitecture to the cube so game designers could easily make games for it.

StarLionsX
May 16, 2006, 12:28 PM
http://jusdirk.org/uploader/files/3/pie.jpg

MMMMMMMMM...So yummy! *eats pie*

linkzone
May 19, 2006, 02:52 AM
can i have a slice. there was no pie in my house.