PDA

View Full Version : realese date

Walkz
May 14, 2006, 02:27 PM
does anyone know the UK realese date for PSU plz reply if you know cheers!!!

Skye-Fox713
May 14, 2006, 02:30 PM
well i've heard that sega was trying to release PSU simultaniously around the world so you can most likely see a fall 2006 release for PSU world wide

Alexandrious
May 14, 2006, 02:31 PM
sighs this question has been beaten to death.

No no one knows yet. Heck we dont even know the official release date for EN/JP, only that its around Fall. We are waiting for questions to be asked and answered by one of PSOws representatives. Which im eagerly waiting for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-14 12:31 ]</font>

Ryna
May 14, 2006, 02:49 PM
At the moment, the US release date for the XBox 360, PS2, and PC versions is set for Fall 2006. I haven't seen any reliable reports of an EU date yet. The Sega PR people at E3 weren't able to give us any specifics on release dates. So, we'll just have to wait.

tank1
May 14, 2006, 02:54 PM
An EU release will probably be something ridiculous like 07 or X-mas im waiting for the US release in fall (fingers crossed) since Europe always gets forgotten.

Rihcky
May 14, 2006, 03:12 PM
^for that reason I'm hoping the 360 version will be regionfree. Some 360 games are.

Waiting several months for a game wich is already out in the States in terrible. I know I wanted to get NBA 2k6 as a launch title for my 360. Now, half a year later, the game has finally arrived.
It's getting better though. A couple of years back it was like that with every game, now it's usually like a month or so.

mechatra
May 14, 2006, 03:24 PM
^

Exactly why I'm importing for my ntscJ Ps2.

*sigh* I really wish we had a solid date for release.
ST should stop being so secretive for once. If they're still going to be working on it, freaking tell us! don't just give us vague dates with no full founded reason.

Feratique
May 14, 2006, 04:12 PM
I think it's a bit early to think about importing the game. There's no exact release date for it yet and if the release date is April of 2007 like somebody said, you may expect US release date to be like in July 2007????

Valure
May 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
When i went to preorder my copy yesterday, i asked the guy at Gamestop when the release date was and he told me October 24. I dunno if any of ya'll already knew that but, i hope its not that late. ><

vitius137
May 14, 2006, 06:02 PM
i dont think ill need to preorder. if i ome get it afterschool there should be some copies at the futureshop near my house. i hope they actually get them in stock though.

Neith
May 14, 2006, 06:11 PM
There's been so many conflicting reports of release dates, you may as well wait for one from Sega, rather than trusting anything else.

BestRAmarEver
May 14, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-05-14 16:11, UrikoBB3 wrote:
There's been so many conflicting reports of release dates, you may as well wait for one from Sega, rather than trusting anything else.

Agreed. I have heard many reports from people that worked for Gamestop, or similar game stores, and have all said that Gamestop makes up dates for a lot of the games.... simply because they need to enter a date before they can start getting money for pre-orders. I have experience this with several games, where their dates listed are blantantly wrong, and when you call them on it, their excuse is, "We can't control the manufacturer. If they delay the game, that isn't our fault"....

-__-;

voxie
May 14, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-05-14 12:27, Walkz wrote:
does anyone know the UK realese date for PSU plz reply if you know cheers!!!

Ragol.co.uk says (http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9839&page=3) SOA and SOE plan to do a simultaneous release for PSU, in the UK and US, for all consoles. I think I can trust them on that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

So that's Autumn/Fall 2006 for all of us~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-05-14 16:47 ]</font>

StarLionsX
May 14, 2006, 09:28 PM
After the release of the box art being released, I still feel that it should come out sooner than October. Just doesn't seem right to release box art so soon if they are going to release it in October.

DarkEliteRico
May 14, 2006, 10:36 PM
I don't think you'll have to pre-order it like you will with other games, as much as i love PSO and all it's still not as widely known or as loved as other games. They might want to do pre-orders to keep a minimal ammount on the shelves of smaller game shops. With how things are looking and sounding i'd guess Fall 06 for US/JPN and early 07 for EU.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 02:27 AM
Uh uh,no way not 07. That means we in AUS have to wait even longer.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 05:41 AM
I this the earliest it can come is September 2006. and the latest around November 2006.

Although there is a strong chance it might come in U.S. around October 2006.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-15 03:41 ]</font>

Sev
May 15, 2006, 12:30 PM
People have been stating Fall forever. So I'm just accepting it.

Something big must've happened for the game to get delayed as it was, I'm not sure what... But it had to have been something that would push the game back this far. I'm not going to begin to guess what it is although I think it has something to do with there now being classes in the game.

I'm wondering what they're doing, what they're putting in or taking out. What they're tweaking or leaving the same that's pushed it back. I'll never get that information though. I think Sega's trying to cover their bases by not putting up a solid date, you'd be more upset if the date was solid and they missed it.

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 01:11 PM
They're adding all the weapons that weren't in the beta, storing new systems and shop items. Adding in new monsters, new lands and new features for characters, I think that must be it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sev
May 15, 2006, 02:33 PM
I'm not really going by from beta to final product. But rather why it changed to what it was when the beta hit? Unless we just had misinformation all that time, the system that was there wasn't entirely what was expected. As in... There were classes, and most people said that there wouldn't be. I guess I'm just rambling on at this point and not really adding anything into this topic.

I wonder if they really will be a world wide release, how the people that planned to import will deal with it? Will you just have a Japanese and your native language version? @_o

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 05:25 PM
Looks like this is going to be one huge game, might consist of 2+ DVD's.

Tystys
May 16, 2006, 02:27 PM
They're not going to resort to a 2007 release. If you ask me, it seems like they've already done all the tests they can, and it looks like they're almost done with adding stuff in.
December is the latest....October earliest.

Saner
May 16, 2006, 02:37 PM
On 2006-05-16 12:27, Tystys wrote:
They're not going to resort to a 2007 release. If you ask me, it seems like they've already done all the tests they can, and it looks like they're almost done with adding stuff in.
December is the latest....October earliest.

I think September may be the earliest. since that's the beginning of Fall 2006.

there is no way they will delay it to 2007 for US, they would be missing out on lots of money , and November is the biggest shopping era of the year. if they release it in US before that time, they will make a lot more money than if they wait next year.

The reasons why it was delayed back in March was because they were still working to improve the network code. The offline story has been completed for a while now.

and they may be done with translations as we speak.

Tystys
May 16, 2006, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure they're done with translations....
Atleast, they better be, by now, lol

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 04:32 PM
Well seeing as there's videos on the net of the English cut scenes then its safe to say its translated.

Nedeti
May 16, 2006, 04:48 PM
JP release date is 31st August 2006.
North America release date is 24th October 2006.
Europe release date has not been told yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nedeti on 2006-05-16 14:48 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
May 16, 2006, 04:50 PM
What sources did you hear that from, Nedeti?

Nedeti
May 16, 2006, 04:54 PM
at http://www.ragol.co.uk/
scroll down the news to " Universe... set in a seemingly distant galaxy "

Yes, we all love Phantasy Star Universe, and we're even more in love with the fact that the game is never going to be released... BUT WAIT! There maybe some hope now as 'the_importer' has once again gotten in contact with Ragol.co.uk, and having contacted an aparently reliable games import website otherwise known as NSC (Online at http://www.nscx.com), the Japanese release date has been set for Phantasy Star Universe currently at 31st August 2006.

Also having had a quick gander myself at other websites, other Japanese import games site Lik-Sang.com has a release date, not for the Japanese version, but for the American NTSC version of Universe! That is set at 24th October 2006.

Deaf360
May 16, 2006, 04:55 PM
umm i pre order PSU from EBGAME...say will might released Oct 24th 2006 i am get xb360 version

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 04:56 PM
So it's not an official source....so were still in the same place as before, that would be the dimension of not having a f**king clue LOL.

Tystys
May 16, 2006, 04:57 PM
Odd.
I'll wait till the Interview to see for a percise release date.

Kano-Okami
May 16, 2006, 05:04 PM
O_O;...
HUZZAH!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Nedeti
May 16, 2006, 05:19 PM
october is far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, if only we were in a movie that way a cut scene would appear and say " 5 months later "

and we would all be happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 05:30 PM
And i'd still be unemployed and not be able to afford it. Someone hire me.

DarthTyranus
May 16, 2006, 05:58 PM
Sega better come up with an accurate release date soon, the suspense is killing me.

Nedeti
May 16, 2006, 06:31 PM
this is how it is for every games... you should have seen me when they said Unrealtournament 2007 will be coming in 2007 (O_O) totaly freaked out

bstm300
May 16, 2006, 08:13 PM
If the release date doesn't come out soon, I will pull all my hairs out and scream.

Cetus
May 16, 2006, 08:21 PM
Well anyway i hope the game come this year for the holiday so i won't have long to wait before playing online as i want to have my own account for online play and 2007 i will be old egnough.But i want it to come this year to have time to play the offline story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

bstm300
May 16, 2006, 08:54 PM
Imagine: You go to your grandmas house and your watching the cheezy 1940s Hollywoodized typical film and the dude in the movie says, "Dont worry Johnny, dreams do come true" -I wish I were Johnny and the dream was PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh how I wish you were mine PSU!!!!---- ok im just joking

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bstm300 on 2006-05-16 18:55 ]</font>