PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Fee

KingOfSpades
May 14, 2006, 05:14 PM
On the Ps2 do you have to have a sega acount to play online or is it like the x-box version the credit card number that you use to get online takes care of it?

SpadeSSJ
May 14, 2006, 05:28 PM
i have a question that no one seems to know the answer to: For the xbox 360 version of PSU will there be a monthly fee like final fantasy 11 has or will the server be able to run soley on the xbox live gold?

BestRAmarEver
May 14, 2006, 05:35 PM
On 2006-05-14 15:28, SpadeSSJ wrote:
i have a question that no one seems to know the answer to: For the xbox 360 version of PSU will there be a monthly fee like final fantasy 11 has or will the server be able to run soley on the xbox live gold?

Nobody knows that information until it is released at a later date.

So for now, we can only guess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Numnuttz
May 14, 2006, 05:44 PM
most likely there will be a 10 dollar charge to play. im saying this because in teh xbox version of pso there was a charge to play and it was like 10 bucks or somthing

KingOfSpades
May 14, 2006, 05:47 PM
On the xbox it was $1.75 or something close to that every month.

KingOfSpades
May 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
yea I already herd about that. I Hope its not that late either.

ANIMEniac
May 14, 2006, 10:47 PM
you mean $8.75 right?

DarkEliteRico
May 14, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-05-14 15:47, KingOfSpades wrote:
On the xbox it was $1.75 or something close to that every month.

Damn it's more like $8 or so, it's been a good while since i've been on PSOX so i couldn't give ya an exact number on the cost.

Tystys
May 15, 2006, 12:34 AM
I think there was a price thrown around when PSU was mentioned....
12 dollars, I think it was.... Could be possible.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 02:46 AM
Well, really it all depends on where you're from. I pay AUS$20 for my PSO Hunter's Licence, might be the same for me when I get this game.

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 03:04 AM
Remember that it could easily be FREE. They are still discussing about it since the japanese guys might cover all of the server costs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 03:17 AM
Oh yeah, good point.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 05:50 AM
On 2006-05-15 01:04, Zarbolord wrote:
Remember that it could easily be FREE. They are still discussing about it since the japanese guys might cover all of the server costs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That would be rather....unfair to Sega though.

Nothing is free, someone has to pay for these things. And Sega doesn't have deep pockets like Microsoft.

I don't think paying the fee ourselves is bad, plus it blocks out more potential bad people who don't appreciate the game, and just wanna ruin people's day.

With a fee, at least most of the troublemakers would skip it since they don't wanna pay a fee.

Ryna
May 15, 2006, 05:56 AM
Aside from the Japanese prices, the monthly fees for this game have not been announced. However, you can be sure that the game will be pay-to-play in the United States and Europe.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 06:02 AM
That's right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They made money off of PSO fees in the past, why stop now?

kassy
May 15, 2006, 07:07 AM
There will be a fee, like Ryna said, nothing has been announced bar the Japanese prices, you can use them as an estimate if you must, but they're subject to change for US/EU players.

Fleece
May 15, 2006, 08:56 AM
On 2006-05-15 04:02, Saner wrote:
That's right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They made money off of PSO fees in the past, why stop now?

'Cos they wanna go all DC Ver 1 on my ass, UK FTW

ShadowDragon28
May 15, 2006, 01:37 PM
IMO, there should *not* be a monthly fee.

The monthly fee is an expense that a significant(sp) number of older gamers that have to pay rent, pay utility bills, buy food, and only earn $7.00 an hr.;at either a full-time or part-time job.

A fee for an online game is one expense some ppl may not or are not be able to afford.

IMO A *one* time only payment of 15.00 to activate an online account would be *far* better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-15 11:37 ]</font>

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 01:43 PM
Just buying the game already brings 'em money, a starting cost of a little height is ok, but they should stick to free months afterwards. Maybe just make us pay for the first like... five months even wouldn't be bad, just keep it cool and free afterwards, so the nasties have to pay and if they lay off, too bad for them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

sami_pso
May 15, 2006, 01:45 PM
well i dont care about a fee on the game o love the most. i can just efford it with my monthly pocket money i get. i am hoping it wont exeed 10 euros D:

btw 15 dollar for like 3 year? you must be joking..then it would be like 240 dollar atleast. asuming most players are fans.

RedX
May 15, 2006, 01:53 PM
well GW didn't have a fee and they still made money off of it so why can't Sega? Or maybe just like a one time fee or something.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 01:56 PM
On 2006-05-15 11:37, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

The monthly fee is an expense that a significant(sp) number of older gamers that have to pay rent, pay utility bills, buy food, and only earn $7.00 an hr.;at either a full-time or part-time job.

A fee for an online game is one expense some ppl may not or are not be able to afford.

IMO A *one* time only payment of 15.00 to activate an online account would be *far* better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-15 11:37 ]</font>

online server maintenance and updates don't come out of thin air. Server maintenance people need to get paid too. Money keeps jobs flowing and people fed.

How do you think companies stay on their feet?

Sega was on the verge of bankruptsy, for goodness sakes. if Sammy didn't merge with them, we wouldn't even have Sega games these days.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-05-15 11:53, RedX wrote:
well GW didn't have a fee and they still made money off of it so why can't Sega? Or maybe just like a one time fee or something.

because GW is probably privately funded to maintain the servers. the money has to come from somewhere.

Sega has no such financial backing, they are not rich like Microsoft you know?

Financial losses can cripple and kill a company. Look at Working Designs.

sami_pso
May 15, 2006, 02:01 PM
private games work on donations. i guess were just donating 10buck (or something) every week.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 05:37 PM
This game may end up costing at least AUS$100 on its own, so no monthly fee is a must.

RFB
May 15, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-05-15 15:37, DarthTyranus wrote:
This game may end up costing at least AUS$100 on its own, so no monthly fee is a must.

SEGA doesnt care at all what the AUS, EU, US, or even JP price is. There -will- be an online fee.

DarthTyranus
May 16, 2006, 06:29 PM
I see, to us the name of the game is a good time. To Sega, the name of their game is Yen.

Nuclearranger
May 16, 2006, 06:40 PM
Just a guess but hows this sound im 90% sure its one of thease 2
60$game or 50 depends on where you buy it
10$ first month
8$ following months
OR a freemonth then 8$ a month

Nuclearranger
May 16, 2006, 06:41 PM
they had PSOBB prices change from the game costing money to it being just a Download then a free 2 weeks for US it allways seems to be cheaper for the US for some reason to compete with the other games

Alexandrious
May 16, 2006, 07:15 PM
On 2006-05-15 11:56, Saner wrote:

On 2006-05-15 11:37, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

online server maintenance and updates don't come out of thin air. Server maintenance people need to get paid too. Money keeps jobs flowing and people fed.

How do you think companies stay on their feet?

Sega was on the verge of bankruptsy, for goodness sakes. if Sammy didn't merge with them, we wouldn't even have Sega games these days.

Quoted for truth.

Guildwars is a bad example for this. They dont charge a monthly fee, why? Cuz they keep releasing expansions. Thats what pays for it. PSU and PSOBB otoh, have to charge money per month, for mainteance and bandwidth fees, money for the company and so on.

Infact I read on a computer gaming magazine which illustrated a pie chart, showing where all that money your paying per month for a mmorpg, is going to. Now if I can just find which magazine had it...*grumbles*

PhotonCat
May 16, 2006, 07:21 PM
The game is most likely going to have an $8-$13 monthly fee. It hasn't been announced for North America yet though.

Nothing is free, someone has to pay for these things. And Sega doesn't have deep pockets like Microsoft.

I don't think paying the fee ourselves is bad, plus it blocks out more potential bad people who don't appreciate the game, and just wanna ruin people's day.

With a fee, at least most of the troublemakers would skip it since they don't wanna pay a fee.

That's not all true though. PSU is gonna be the same kinda game as Diablo and Guild Wars. They do not have fees and run just fine. And "bad" ppl always play these games even if there is a fee. Most of the immature players are kids who have there mommy's and daddy's pay for it.

KingOfSpades
May 16, 2006, 07:35 PM
Im gonna have my Mom pay for, but that doesn't mean I will be an annoying player running around in the lobby blasting rap music. *I'm only 13

Edit-Spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KingOfSpades on 2006-05-16 17:38 ]</font>

Numnuttz
May 16, 2006, 07:36 PM
yup, there will always be the players they get on everyones nerves. also it is true that most of the time the ones that are most annoying are the kids. kids always have to complain when the game doesnt go there way.

bstm300
May 16, 2006, 07:52 PM
If Sonic team is going to turn the Xbox 360 version into a crap hole of a game with no
updates like they did to PSO Xbox, then they can dream about giving us more monthly fees.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bstm300 on 2006-05-16 17:58 ]</font>

Saner
May 17, 2006, 07:33 AM
On 2006-05-16 17:52, bstm300 wrote:
If Sonic team is going to turn the Xbox 360 version into a crap hole of a game with no
updates like they did to PSO Xbox, then they can dream about giving us more monthly fees.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bstm300 on 2006-05-16 17:58 ]</font>

you shouldn't expect updates when there is already so much the game will offer.

besides PSO is a tiny island compared to PSU.

patient
May 17, 2006, 09:18 AM
Sheesh... Reading this thread makes me even more disappointed with E3 and sega. Most games announce these details about now and we are stuck with the same info.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 09:45 AM
On 2006-05-17 07:18, patient wrote:
Sheesh... Reading this thread makes me even more disappointed with E3 and sega. Most games announce these details about now and we are stuck with the same info.

There's still plenty of time to release pricing info. it doesn't take even a week to prepare for a fee registration.

there's already plenty of info to estimate how it works and costs, looking at the Japan monthly fee setup they talked about. So it will definitely be as affordable as other online fees out there.

HiKeRI
May 18, 2006, 01:27 AM
5-8$ month should be ok but free is good also, that will attract more people and for an great game like this being free, that can only mean millions of people playing this game, and like make donations or stuff like that... which brings me Maple Story a game that is free but you can buy different outfits (when i saw it i could not beleive it... people actually buy those crappy things) on other hand PSO buying outfits rare ID weapons, or other type of cool combos and magic will attract people and in the same way can make them get money.... i mean everytime people wanna be the best looking with the best weapon, best looks on combos, and upgrades to magics... Free game with all of this will make it even better cause people will focus on customizing there character and they could prolly make more money out of it that way than a monthly fee...