PDA

View Full Version : Each Weapon Same Combo?

KaiNova7
May 14, 2006, 06:07 PM
Did each weapon of the same catergory have different combos or attacks?
Example_Sabers:Pallasch/Brand/Durandl-Each saber on pso did the same three hit combo.
Sword:Zanba/Red sword/DragonSlayer-Same three hit swing.
Was this the case in Beta?

BestRAmarEver
May 14, 2006, 06:10 PM
Yes, I had a similar question.

Do the races/classes attack differently with the weapons? ex. PSO HUcaseal attacked with daggers differently than HUcast did.

mech259_
May 14, 2006, 06:10 PM
That's how it was in beta, but there weren't any rares, so maybe there will be different combos...I doubt it though.

Nuclearranger
May 14, 2006, 07:29 PM
Im expecting the same as PSO

Jasonsama81
May 14, 2006, 07:47 PM
It'd be nice to have rares having seperate animations, to make them really stand out. I really doubt that's going to happen... I mean, by the looks of videos, it seems that every race has the same animations... which is kind of a drag...

oShojino
May 14, 2006, 08:09 PM
I agree, I think different races should have different animations at least. We'll see what SEGA does, after all if enough people want it they'll input it.

Skuda
May 14, 2006, 09:11 PM
I think you should be able to choose what animation you use for your combo.

it would take the customization to a new level :3

physic
May 14, 2006, 09:20 PM
all races prolly will have the same, but i think they will get more than 3 eventually, and you can choose what the extra one will be somehow. In the old ethan demo it was possible to get at least a 4 hit with some weapon though i forget the whole process, and things may have changed

DjDragoon
May 15, 2006, 12:53 AM
On 2006-05-14 16:07, KaiNova7 wrote:
Did each weapon of the same catergory have different combos or attacks?
Example_Sabers:Pallasch/Brand/Durandl-Each saber on pso did the same three hit combo.
Sword:Zanba/Red sword/DragonSlayer-Same three hit swing.
Was this the case in Beta?

If you had 2 different swords in real life that looked almost the same except for a change in color, would you swing them differently? I think it's not a big deal having the combo the same for the same type of weapon. You also have to consider how long it would take the animators to have different combo for the large amount of weapons in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DjDragoon on 2006-05-14 22:56 ]</font>

Skuda
May 15, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-05-14 22:53, DjDragoon wrote:
also have to consider how long it would take the animators to have different combp for the large amount of weapons in PSU.

if they used professionals in motion capture suits, it shouldn't have taken too long.

ShadowDragon28
May 15, 2006, 12:59 AM
As student currently in the Game Art and Design program at Westwood College, it would be an immense undertaking to do *extra* motion capturing, and then render extra models and sync allthe captured animations for each and every special weapon. Maybe itcan be done for like three of the most powerful weps sure, but not for every "rare" LOL. Game animator-artists do need some sleep.lol

If I were working for ST, i'd pass out from stress trying to add more animations!

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 03:12 AM
I've been checking out some of the gameplay videos from gamespot lately, and I noticed the combination attacks are most various. One such combo was Ethan doing about 3 hits with a Saber, then 3 hits in a Photon Art.

Then I saw him using a Saber/Handgun weapon combo, his Saber did combo attacks whilst his gun just went bang bang bang, no real combo in it. I think I'll need to see some more videos to get an accurate amount of info

Saner
May 15, 2006, 05:20 AM
I think like in PSO, the type of combos you do will depend on your race and weapon category. if I remember Humans wielded sabers differently from Casts, for example.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 05:39 PM
That I would like to see, each race having a unique fighting style with different weapons. Like some can be better than others.

Sev
May 15, 2006, 06:09 PM
Heh, you guys want seperate animations?

How many of you were a Humar using 2 Swords like the Musashi and the Yamato? Do you remember your running animation?

"OH NO!!! I DON'T WANT IT! I SHOULDN'T RUN WITH SHARP THINGS! OH NO!"

I don't ever wanna see anything like that again. Meanwhile the Hunewearl didn't run like a complete retard with 'em. And I would always switch off weapons just to run, because it looked terrible.

Neith
May 15, 2006, 06:15 PM
Or a FOnewearl with Cards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Run like a crazed lunatic..

As for PSU's animations, as long as they're not disadvantaged like some animations were in PSO, I can put up with similar animations.

DarthTyranus
May 16, 2006, 06:26 PM
I agree with you 2 there, no more weird animation with certain weapons please!

NightHour13
May 17, 2006, 12:18 AM
lol Crazed Lunatics with Cards. God i remember that hahah. I think it would be cool if each race had a different way of swinging certain things. Of course theres not many ways you can shoot a gun, but perhaps say...

A beast would look like he's mangling it since they have huge tempers
A Cast would SUCK IT UP WITH HIS ARM AND USE IT INTERNALLY
A Newman would carese the gun, and give it a lecture on spirituality while firing it
A Human would laugh while watching the other races try to shoot, then just shoot.

Or we can all just pick the darn thing up and shoot.

But for swords and stuff of that melee nature, i think It would be pretty neat if there was a difference in style.

Tystys
May 17, 2006, 05:30 AM
At this point, I don't really care.
As long as I can play it, I'm happy, lol.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 07:11 AM
On 2006-05-16 22:18, NightHour13 wrote:

A Newman would caress the gun, and give it a lecture on spirituality while firing it

LOL! well the attack animations will look cool, so it will be fun even if everyone uses them the same.

but they did wield blades differently in PSO, so I think each race has their own style in animations.

anyways each weapon will have more attacks than before, thanks to the Photon Arts and stuff.

Sev
May 17, 2006, 11:33 AM
Well, styles would develop. But since everyones a Guardian they'd all be taught the same forms with weapons despite being of a different race. I know that sounds kinda weird, but that's how I take it. From what I saw, everyone uses their weapons in the same manner. I guess it can be kinda annoying, everyone seems to stand in the same way too. I'm not going to worry about small things like that since they don't really bother me. I do understand that people would want choices though. I don't expect them for this game, but some day...

Saner
May 17, 2006, 11:41 AM
On 2006-05-17 09:33, Sev wrote:
Well, styles would develop. But since everyones a Guardian they'd all be taught the same forms with weapons despite being of a different race. I know that sounds kinda weird, but that's how I take it. From what I saw, everyone uses their weapons in the same manner. I guess it can be kinda annoying, everyone seems to stand in the same way too. I'm not going to worry about small things like that since they don't really bother me. I do understand that people would want choices though. I don't expect them for this game, but some day...

I havent noticed but in the beta, every race like does the same moves with like a saber and stuff?

Well doesn't matter but ya they are all Guardians so they are all taught similiar styles.