PDA

View Full Version : Battle mode

ANIMEniac
May 14, 2006, 11:41 PM
so all of this talk about what class is best with what race got me wondering, will there be a dominant force in battle mode (PVP). it would be nice to see every1 have an equal chance of winning based on skill. in PSO forces were the dominant... erm, force, and casts were left at a major disadvantage. i am worried about those of us who may have hunter newmen and other such off class combos. not to brag but i would like to think of my self as one of the top 5 HUnewearl players on PSOX and i dont want to take the same char onto PSU and get decimated just because of power and the VERY DUMB FACT THAT I CANT BE A HUNTER AND CAST AT THE SAME TIME OR VICE VERSA. well what do you all think? will it not be 2 bad or will one race, class, or mix rip the faces off all who oppose?

side note, it would be kinda cool to be able to chalenge others like in WoW, 1 on 1 in a part of the town.

NightHour13
May 14, 2006, 11:49 PM
Hmm, from what i see from the monsters hitting the PC's, i think the fighting system will be much more skill based. Also locking on isnt as easy any more. In the demo back in manhatten (what felt like a century ago), locking onto a monster was a chore in its own. In any event, i believe that if you can menuever fast enough and know how to use your maximum of 6 hits AND photon arts to deal certain effects all the while making sure he/she doesnt move out of the way/fall on the floor...is skill. The most important thing i'd like to see in PVP is a change of when you fall. in PSO you would be invincible for like 2 seconds and that was TOO much time to let them retaliate.

ANIMEniac
May 15, 2006, 04:32 AM
Yea, i was thinking the ability to strafe alone would make it easier to fight forces. hopefully i can teach some newcommers that brute strength is not everything ^_^

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 04:36 AM
Skill based, I'm not looking forward for battle mode, I'm more towards the rpg side of it all... Playing with friends, not agaisnt them.

Rihcky
May 15, 2006, 04:40 AM
^same here.

PVP in PSU -_-

ANIMEniac
May 15, 2006, 04:55 AM
i will probably spent 89% of my time in normal PVE (and another 6% in chalenge of some sort) but ocasionaly i like to put my skils to the test amongst friends and new faces. it seams that the first thing to come to mind in PVP is conflict but for me it is actualy the oposite. i can inderstand that many wont be interested b/c PVP does have its share of showboaters and sore loosers, but under the right conditions battle is good clean fun <(^_^<)