PDA

View Full Version : (Fanfic) #666 Chapter 1

Toyzferall
Oct 14, 2002, 01:45 AM
A/N: "My first PSO fanfic! ^.^;; I guess it could be rated PG-13 for some mild language, and a bit of violence. Don't be too harsh, please! If I get some stuff wrong... Sorry. I haven't played any of the PS's, and GC PSO will be my first PSO. So excuse my newbieness. Some characters have 'accents,' you'll notice. But, since you can't really make text have an accent, they say certain words from their accent. Some of these may be a slight bit incorrect, or be a little odd. Well... ummm.. Sorry? Leave me be! Before you flame me to hell about saying that someone was the best Hunter... It's for my story purposes ONLY, and he's dead, okay? I'm not saying that your character sucks or anything, alright? Oh, and, I know I put in some classes that don't exist in PSO... But that's how I wanted my characters to be, sooo... Yeah, whatever. Enough of my rambling. On with it! R&R, please! ^.^"

"Answers, amigo, NOW," a tall, lanky figure growled down the metallic face of the RAcast he was gripping. With his free hand the assailant had a handgun pressed up to the 'cheek' of his captive. He showed quite some physical strength, especially for a RAmar, in being able to hold up the Android, what with it being roughly his height, and twice his width. Still, the Human's own height made it fairly easy for him to press the Android against the wall and still be, for the most part, on the same level. The camo painted sentinel was silent. Somehow, it's unmoving face managed to show a slight element of fear. Bang. A shot, then the Android fell to the ground. With a sigh, the RAmar smirked down at him, "Don't know anything, do you?" The Android shook his head, inwardly trying to calm himself. It had only been a warning shot directed at the wall. The RAmar slowly turned away. Taking this opportunity, the RAcast quickly hopped up and bolted out of the dark alleyway as fast as he could. The lone Human stood there by himself for what seemed it could be anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, thinking. The silence was only broken by the sound of the slow, cool breeze running through the alley. After an undeterminable amount of time, the man pulled his brown cowboy hat over his eyes and headed home. He cursed to himself, "Damn. Still no lead."

It took a while to get back to Residential Block 7. It was a little after morning, to be precise. A short HUnewm glanced up at the Ranger as he entered their home.
"Konnichiwa, Sundown-Sama!" he greeted him with a grin. The yellow and black uniformed 16-year-old scrambled out of the chair he was lazing in and saluted sharply, "Get any info?"
"Nah. Calm down," Sundown barked as he impatiently shoved the short Hunter back into his seat. He was still a little angry.
"Owie! Watch it, baka!" the Newman replied, large brown eyes glaring up at the taller figure. Sundown was about 6'5", skinny, and lanky. His skin was a fairly dark tan color, matching his brown eyes. A black beard, mustache, and messy hair of the same hue adorned his face and head, along with his usual brown cowboy hat. He wore a fairly common brown RAmar uniform, minus all the tight metal. He never felt comfortable with all that.
Tossing his hat onto a small table, the Ranger walked towards the small kitchen area, "Watch yer mouth. You know I'm only puttin' up with you cuz' of yer dad."
"...So? I'm just as good a Hunter as dad was!" the half-cat teen answered angrily.
Sundown glanced over his shoulder, simultaneously opening the fridge, "Noone was as good a Hunter as yer dad. Even a hyperactive little brat like you knows that."
The young Hunter snapped. He was sick and tired of this geezer's badmouthing. Standing quickly, he yelled, "Shut up!" He stormed over to a small cabinet and pulled out the handle of a saber. Flicking it on, a green beam surged fourth. The only sound in the room was the very faint humming of the saber. Every second was making the HUnewm even more filled with rage. Finally, he yelled, "I'll show you!" Then without a bit of explanation, he ran out the door.
Holding a single hand out in surprise, Sundown watched the young one leave. With half of the bologna sandwich he had just made hanging out of his mouth, he yelled back, "Hey, wait! I... Ah, shit." With a shake of his head, the tall Ranger sat down at the table by himself to finish his early lunch. "He'll come back. Always does."

That was close. The next one wasn't. The one after that hurt. The HUnewm was sent hurtling into a nearby tree, a free flight courtesy of an angry Hildebear's fist. His saber dropped the ground as he collided with the wooden sentinel and his body went limp for a few seconds, but he was all right, for the most part. The young Hunter was seriously reconsidering his decision that he didn't need to cast deband or shifta yet. He stood back up and whirled around just in time to notice a tiny light blue figure fall from the sky. As it got closer, he noticed that it wielded a twin saber that was WAY too big for the small being, which turned out to be a HUcast that was VERY small, especially as HUcasts go. Before the Hildebear knew what was happening, the small android had cut it's right arm completely off, then spun around and stabbed it one in the stomach. For one last hit, the Android kicked the beast just before he landed. The kick sent the Hildebear flying, displaying a strength that seemed impossible of the tiny HUcast. In pain but not quite dead, the huge animal rolled over and writhed on the ground, trying to get up.
In jest, the android chirped out happily, "Looook at 'im! Heee's daaaaancing like a monkey!" If an android could grin insanely, this one surely would have. Shrugging to himself, the android walked towards the other Hunter, cruelly not bothering to finish off the Hildebear, and almost listening to its cries like a bloody symphony. It wasn't long before it died, though.
"Eh? Errr... Thanks, I guess!" the injured Hunter nodded.
"S'okaaaay!" the little sky blue android replied. "Call meeee... Toyzie!" It spoke in a rhythmic, almost singsong way. It had a high-pitched voice that could be considered annoying to some.
"I'm Tsuke! Thanks again, but..." he paused, glancing over at the Hildebear's corpse, "Errr... Nevermind."
Toyzie tilted his head slightly, "I heard that yyyooooooouuu are looking for #666!"
"What!? How'd you know that?" Tsuke stammered, a bit surprised. Hardly anyone knew he and Sundown were after #666, let alone the fact that hardly anyone even knew of his existence.
"I know LOTS!" Toyzie replied in a happy way.
"Whatever. So why'd you bring him up?"
"Well, y'seeeeeee..."
A/N: "Always cuttin' off at the important part. Aren't I evil? ^.^;; MAN, My writing SUCKS... Don't be too hard on me, people. Once again, R&R, please! I might have Chapter 2 up kinda soon. If you even care, and weren't scared of my horrible writing from this chapter."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toyzferall on 2002-10-14 11:57 ]</font>

Hikosaka
Oct 14, 2002, 02:32 AM
Hmm, it's pretty good, though I'd suggest one thing: Try going back and editing out the

and adding spaces between those lines instead. HTML doesn't work in posts, and it'd make it easier to read. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Looking forward to the next chapter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Toyzferall
Oct 14, 2002, 01:54 PM
*Looks up at his topic* O.O;; Oh dear... When I did a message preview, it looked fine with the page breaks! And when I had spaces and paragraphs.. It didn't show 'em! Gack! Lemme try somethin... >.<;;

Toyzferall
Oct 14, 2002, 02:05 PM
There! Much better! Stupid preview... Stupid me not reading the actual post. O.o;; Sorry about that, anyone that tried to read it! I bet I look like a moron. -.-;; I shouldn't write my fanfics with MSWord... They edit ellipsi, quotations, and apostraphes. And they don't show up here. They're in some wierd font, so this place just displays 'em as a question mark. And it makes everything look all stupid. Okay, I'll stop ranting, now. R&R, please!

Davion
Oct 23, 2002, 12:57 PM
Nifty. I like that tiny HUcast.