PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of choice

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 02:40 AM
I'm not very familiar with making polls, but hopefully I got it working. Anyway, my question is...

"Which weapon would more likely be your weapon of choice?"

I say Blades a plenty, especially Swords, Spears, Sabers and maybe Claws.

(Please note I couldn't enter more than 9 options.)

Rihcky
May 15, 2006, 02:56 AM
I hope spears will be a bit better in this game than the Partisan was in PSO. But yeah, I'm definately more of a blade-type weapon guy than anything else.

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 03:01 AM
I'm going for half force characters, so all of them will be able to control staffs and canes, atleast untill the medium level (one until the highest). All the characters are FO/FO, FO/HU, FO/BEAST (HU?), and FO/RA (cast, this guy is gonna be funny!). So I'm gonna use them all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 03:21 AM
Jack of all trades, eh? Not bad, I'm definitely gonna use blades first. I'm probably gonna start with a Saber first, like most Hunter's do. But definitely get a Sword/Spear at the first oppurtunity.

Probably mix wield with a Gun/Cane later in the game.

Sinue_v2
May 15, 2006, 03:41 AM
Claws FTW!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/Claws.jpg

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 03:43 AM
Nice pic, glad there's no news of a possible battle mode yet. I might lose.

Sinue_v2
May 15, 2006, 03:53 AM
If only Sonic Team would give us claws like that instead of the one-handed golioths from PSO or the "Sharp as butter knives and still very large" claws of PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I guess I'll also use a healthy dose of daggers and the ocassional gun. Anything dual-weild is fine by me, though I prefer to keep it light and agile. Dunno what I'll outfit my other characters with.. possibly a bow, guns, or, (hopefully) slicers if they make a comeback.

Not my pic, btw, it's from a fanmade PSII Manga.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 03:57 AM
For long range combat, I'm definitely going for a Bow. Get a Sword/2 Saber's, add a bow and you've got Lord of the Photons, my friend.

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 04:08 AM
Whatch out though ,bow's are mainly for forces, I'm warning you. Don't think that Hunters types will be ablt to use them, lol. That's what I've been told. So, finally they added a long range for forces (good for my FO/RA cast).

Saner
May 15, 2006, 04:08 AM
I wanted Slicers but I guess I'll settle with Sabers.
one of my other characters will focus on claws, though.

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 04:32 AM
'm expecting relic weapons in the game. Maybe they didn't add them in the closed beta or because they were really rare no one found them yet, but I'm telling you this is a mage's sensation. I'm predicting there will be relic weapons (that are mostly purple coloured, but huge things, hehe...).

Fleece
May 15, 2006, 04:58 AM
sword chucks....

ShadowDragon28
May 15, 2006, 05:43 AM
Sword chucks! lol.

May fav. are swords, but I'll probably use most of the melee type weps the most.
I will make a sweet looking human female character to be a Spear wielding FO type...

Saner
May 15, 2006, 05:53 AM
are you sure FO's can use Spears?

I think Spears are in the HU class.

Ryna
May 15, 2006, 05:54 AM
On 2006-05-15 03:53, Saner wrote:
are you sure FO's can use Spears?

I think Spears are in the HU class.

Every class can use spears. They are very nice weapons.

Shinjiro
May 15, 2006, 05:57 AM
Swords/Spears. I prefer 2-handed blade types.

Skuda
May 15, 2006, 06:18 AM
On 2006-05-15 01:41, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Claws FTW!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/Claws.jpg

aye, dual claws have my vote :3

Neith
May 15, 2006, 06:27 AM
Dual-Claws here, look pretty brutal ;o

mechatra
May 15, 2006, 06:57 AM
Damns it! you didn't put daggers in >_<

Well I suppose at the moment I feel quite partial to swords, and moreso dual sabers.

tank1
May 15, 2006, 07:51 AM
The cannon looks like it could really hurt its victims and being a ranger through and through it gets my vote (:

Fleece
May 15, 2006, 08:44 AM
SPEAR CHUCKS!!!!!

The most devastating weapon ever created...........Bar Double Cannon Chucks.....and Dual Mille chucks..

Kyuu
May 15, 2006, 09:19 AM
Bah, you didn't put in daggers! Daggers were always my favorite back in PSO, along with partisans, claws, and of course double-sabers and dual-sabers.

Reystradamus
May 15, 2006, 10:11 AM
i wonder if the yasmikovs will make a appearance again..i liked that shotgun in PSO

Alexandrious
May 15, 2006, 11:45 AM
D.swords wasnt in it so I chose sword. ah well.

Sparkman
May 15, 2006, 12:02 PM
I'm going to use the Bows those look like they are going to be sweet

A2K
May 15, 2006, 12:14 PM
Give me a staff and watch the enemies turn to ash! Bwhahahaha!

ShadowDragon28
May 15, 2006, 12:55 PM
I hope bows can still be used when character is set to Ranger... I mean it would be disappointinmg if they couldn't use bows...

But the downside is the possiblity of to many players making blonde haired male newmans
(if it's possible to make a male newman character?) named "Legolas" running around with the photon bow...

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 01:51 PM
I think we shouldn't stick to already existing characters, it's better to create your own style and guy, that's the whole point of so many details. I'm gonna be using my own style, the true force. Anyway, my beast will be all around (I've finally decided) and I'll be mainly using swords http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sami_pso
May 15, 2006, 01:52 PM
ill probaly just use what works best on a cast ranger. so i guess that will be like rifles, cannons and whatever is left.

MXdude
May 15, 2006, 02:22 PM
Dual Handguns.

Zorafim
May 15, 2006, 02:45 PM
Definately spears and dual daggers for me. Maybe if I don't like daggers so much (doubt it from the screens I've seen), then I'll go with dual claws. But I likes me my spear.

goldengun492
May 15, 2006, 02:48 PM
i like guns better than swords so i choose rifle

Roken
May 15, 2006, 02:50 PM
Its sort of a struggle for me now, but I know I want to start off using a close-range weapon first. Between a sword,saber, or spear. Next would be a handgun probably as my last used weapon.

SekotheFOmar
May 15, 2006, 02:51 PM
Spears...*poke* hehe

RFB
May 15, 2006, 03:02 PM
After playing a Beast Hunter, I can safely say, Fists and Claws!

Neural_Nebula
May 15, 2006, 03:33 PM
Claws, spears and double-sabers... totally. No shizz'.

I must be an oddball in that I like the oversized blade-fitted mittens of PSO... lil' clichéd Wolverine-esque claws just don't cut it for me - no pun intended.

I hope to see a claw similar to the Heart of Poumn of afore versions. I mean, it was just a fuggin' awesome piece of gear, aesthetically and in its functionality.

Nuclearranger
May 15, 2006, 03:37 PM
this wasnt there but im going to use mecguns if there any good/ HG since there dual weild able

Saner
May 15, 2006, 03:40 PM
I wonder if in the final version if all weapon types are available and you can make a career out of any weapon type you like.

For example it would be nice to buy some claw right away as level 1 and just stick with claws from then on instead of having to skill up with Sabers and Daggers before you can use Claws. or having to achieve a certain level/rank to use them. you know what I'm saying? all weapon types should have their own collection of weapons that range from lv.1 - 100+.

in that manner, there is more flexibility in the style people wanna use.

however for things such as sabers vs. dual sabers. Im not sure how that would work. especially Handguns vs. Dual Handguns. would they have to master single before they can dual wield the same type?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-15 13:41 ]</font>

Skye-Fox713
May 15, 2006, 04:14 PM
dual hand guns

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2006-05-15 14:15 ]</font>

F-o-x
May 15, 2006, 04:29 PM
Eh I can't choose just one... I like using many different weapons based on the situation, and I probably won't know for sure what I'll use until I get to play the game.

Going from PSO experience I'll probably use a large sword or partisan for crowds, dual handguns (Or a rifle if I can) when I want to stay at long range, and dual mechs/sabers/daggers for single enemies and bosses.

SirenV
May 15, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-05-15 01:41, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Claws FTW!

Indeed!

pineapple
May 15, 2006, 05:00 PM
cannons, assuming this also includes shot type weapons.

Dre_o
May 15, 2006, 05:07 PM
Double and Twin Sabers are my love.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-05-15 14:29, F-o-x wrote:
Eh I can't choose just one... I like using many different weapons based on the situation, and I probably won't know for sure what I'll use until I get to play the game.

Going from PSO experience I'll probably use a large sword or partisan for crowds, dual handguns (Or a rifle if I can) when I want to stay at long range, and dual mechs/sabers/daggers for single enemies and bosses.

ya. it looks like some enemies/bosses can only be hit with ranged weapons on some occassions. so I might have to rely on a handgun until they are within blade's reach.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 05:18 PM
I would like to apologise for not putting in Dagger's as a option for the players who like them, I just wrote down the weapon names on paper and drew em out of my hat.

Definitely want to try out the Fist and see how that works, please let me fight like a Karate guy with those on.

Oji_Retta
May 15, 2006, 07:11 PM
I won't have a weapon of choice. I'll use what is most effective for a given situation (I'll be trying to stick to melee however). For mobs a sword, and so forth.

Kalamari
May 15, 2006, 08:09 PM
I voted staff because I associate it with magic and im going to make a force but if any class could use any weapon then I would probably use a saber.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 10:25 PM
Hmm, no-one's an Axe man. Oh well.