PDA

View Full Version : Will the final version allow repeatable missions?

Saner
May 15, 2006, 05:14 AM
I wonder if all missions/quests can be done as many times as you want? It seems there is a ranking system so maybe this gives players more reason to get better ranks in each mission?

And how would the missions tie in with the planets?
Guardian's Colony seems to have it's own missions, just like Parum, etc. etc.

So is the location based on the mission you select or the planet/colony you are in (whereas the missions available are different according to the planet/colony you are visiting. Or do you access/select all missions from Guardians Colony desk?)

And are the missions on one planet/colony independant from other missions? or do you have to do all of the missions in order and the location/planet you are in depends on your progress through the missions?

So would it be like M1: G.C., M2: G.C., M3 Parum, etc. etc.?

or

Guardian's Colony: Mission 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
Parum: MIssions 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
Neudaiz: Missions 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

and I saw screenshots of more than 6 players in like some Neudaiz lake. does this mean there are lobby zones beyond the cities themselves?

*the Mission progress system seems to be more puzzling though.

No one has listed all of the Beta missions and what each one involves and wher ethey take place and if you have to do them all in order and if the planet/colony is based on the mission you are on?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-15 03:15 ]</font>

mech259_
May 15, 2006, 06:01 AM
In the beta:
On Guardian's Colony, you can access Linear Line 1. When you beat it, you are taken to an outpost area. From there, you can do Linear Line 2. After Linear Line 2 there was one more outpost.

From Holtes City on Parum, you could access Raphon Plains 1. Then you'd be at an outpost. From there, you could go to either Raphon Plains 2, or Relics(1).

The Neudaiz missions worked like the ones on Guardian's Colony, and those lobbies outside of the cities are the outposts I mentioned.

And you could acces the first Neudaiz mission if you hadn't done the Guardian's Colony one. Same with Parum. You could repeat missions, but you couldn't repeat Mission 1 from the outpost. You would have to go back to the city where you started the mission to restart it. If you want to redo the second mission, you have to go back to the outpost, which you can easily do by speaking to an android outside of where you start the mission. But this android only lets you transport if you have been to the outpost that playing session. As in, if you log off, they won't let you go back.

But we have no idea if this is what the final game will be like, they may add more paths/missions, or change how to access relics, etc.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 06:10 AM
oh cool! Thanx! That sounds fairly non-linear in the sense you can access one planet's missions before and after you do another colony's missions. yet the missions within a planet's set of missions sounds to be done in a orderly fashion, with possible branching inbetween.

hmm but I wonder how this will tie in with the online story? maybe further progress in each planet/colony will unlock the online story missions that are directly related to the online-exclusive 'plot' people rumored about.

hmm I wonder if the first mission of each planet are adjusted according to a party's levels?

Lyrise
May 15, 2006, 08:46 AM
Nope, but it will be adjusted according to the class of mission you pick, from C, all the way to A (in beta that was the case, beta boarders like myself are almost certain there will be an S Class listing); not to be confused with end-of-mission ranking.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 02:05 PM
oh ok! so monster levels are related to mission Class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zeota
May 15, 2006, 02:34 PM
Of course I wouldn't recommend a team of lv1s going down to Neudaiz right off the bat as the C-rank monsters are lv20.

Roken
May 15, 2006, 02:42 PM
So is there a difference between Missions and quest ? like quest can be given by certain NPCs but you go to some office on the colony/city/etc in order to do a mission, which raises your rank ?

Saner
May 15, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-05-15 12:34, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
Of course I wouldn't recommend a team of lv1s going down to Neudaiz right off the bat as the C-rank monsters are lv20.

ah ha! so that's the catch! well that's understandable. It's still nice they allow even the lowest level parties to visit Neudaiz's missions right away. Even if it's for a brief *march march march* "AAAaaaaah!!!" *flee* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Numnuttz
May 15, 2006, 10:12 PM
wow after reading this im a bit disappointed. i really just wanted to run around kill stuff and level up but it seems like thats not really gonna happen.

DarthTyranus
May 15, 2006, 10:27 PM
I reckon the quests would be repeatable, like some of PSO's quests.

Roken
May 16, 2006, 06:33 PM
how will you not be able to run around and kill to lvl up still ? you have to do missions and quest in order to go out and fight ?

Feratique
May 16, 2006, 07:59 PM
yeah i've been wondering do you have to be in a mission to go out and kill mosters? or can you just grind... and then come back and do the missions to get job lvls?

ANIMEniac
May 16, 2006, 08:58 PM
sounds very guild wars-ish. missions advance the story, quests come from npc's. and if that is the case then you should be able to free roam w/o having to have or complete a quest... but i dint play beta so idk.

Lyrise
May 16, 2006, 09:05 PM
On 2006-05-15 20:12, Numnuttz wrote:
wow after reading this im a bit disappointed. i really just wanted to run around kill stuff and level up but it seems like thats not really gonna happen.

Look at it this way: when you are at a higher level, you can still go out wherever you want, kill stuff, and actually progress on your level (just by changing the mission level), as opposed to being stuck the same few areas just because that's where the "high exp" enemies are located.

RFB
May 16, 2006, 09:21 PM
For the... think this makes 9th time or something like that. Forget the term "mission". And I mean it. Forget it.

Yes, you are in a "mission". But it's just like your good old Forest run, or Ruins run, or Seabed run. Except that in the end, you'll get some extra meseta and some job experience. You can join whenever you want, leave whenever you want. You can go wherever you want, as long as you meet the level requirements. You can do de same "mission" as many times as you wish. You dont have any goals, just get to the end, like in PSO.

"Missions" are just an excuse to get some extra meseta and job experience.

therealAERO
May 16, 2006, 09:52 PM
Thank you!! You saved me the time of having to type this out. Its all the same if not better. You get money for just beating the mission. That never happened in PSO. Well in guild quests...shut up

Saner
May 17, 2006, 05:41 AM
ya! Sound great! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I suppose the missions get more involved with a concrete story later on, huh? or is that what quests are for?

is there a mission briefing or is the mission description like "monsters everywhere! go whack them all!"

RFB
May 17, 2006, 07:02 AM
Just a few lines saying "get to the end", "kill the miniboss" or "kill the big badass boss".
Whether if there'll be a story intertwined with the online missions or not, unknown.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 07:07 AM
On 2006-05-17 05:02, RFB wrote:
Just a few lines saying "get to the end", "kill the miniboss" or "kill the big badass boss".
Whether if there'll be a story intertwined with the online missions or not, unknown.

okay cool! I think online would have special bosses because I don't think the final boss of the offline story will be fought online.

plus the SEED threat seems to exist even after the offline story, which takes place before the online timeframe. so this means online's campaign might lead to the resolution of SEED's role in the story.