PDA

View Full Version : Will The PsU on ps2 require Broadband?

QueenOfAlgol
May 15, 2006, 04:09 PM
any responses would be appreciated.
thanks

Saner
May 15, 2006, 04:13 PM
I think it will be broadband only for PS2.

Besides even if 56k was supported, one PC beta tester who tried 56k have said that online play is almost unplayable through such a slow connection speed.

pineapple
May 15, 2006, 04:17 PM
If you have a fat ps2 with a network adaptor, you could potentially connect using dial up. I believe the slim ones only have an ethernet port, so you would have to network it to a computer sharing a dial up connection.

I don't know about actual performance though, it would be a good idea to just get broadband.

QueenOfAlgol
May 15, 2006, 04:26 PM
thanks guys

DamonKatu
May 15, 2006, 04:30 PM
Yikes, that sucks saner. I wounder if theirs a good broud band in my area.

PS2 and the other game systems would be good for dial up, but cpus need higher ISP connections sence they can be very bulky. Saddly only my brothers have a PS2 and I cant get it off their hands XD.

Saner
May 15, 2006, 04:36 PM
well dial-up is pretty much obsolete in this day and age of new online games that are large, beautiful, populated and action intense like this.

there might be a chance it supports 56k but I doubt it. every new PS2 game that supports online has the Broadband-only label on it.

They are really pushing for optimal connection speed for the smoothest and most enjoyable online experience as possible.

BestRAmarEver
May 15, 2006, 04:44 PM
On 2006-05-15 14:30, DamonKatu wrote:
Yikes, that sucks saner. I wounder if theirs a good broud band in my area.

PS2 and the other game systems would be good for dial up, but cpus need higher ISP connections sence they can be very bulky. Saddly only my brothers have a PS2 and I cant get it off their hands XD.

lol @ that last paragraph.

Internet Connection and the CPU have close to nothing in common.

But on topic, I would imagine that anything less than broadband would be near unplayable.

StarLionsX
May 15, 2006, 10:52 PM
I think it will be Broadband only.

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 10:01 PM
I can't see it being impossible :

"Sorry you cannot play because your on Dial - Up. Please move to a Broadband enable area!"

I can't see them banning 56k but the lag would be bad.

PhotonCat
May 16, 2006, 11:11 PM
Sega said it's going to be BB only for ALL VERSIONS. Ps2 BB only games do block connections if they aren't over 265k.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonCat on 2006-05-16 21:15 ]</font>

Tystys
May 17, 2006, 05:32 AM
Thank you 10 MB per second downloads, O_O.