PDA

View Full Version : Exactly how long ago was this mythical interview?

BulletTooth
May 16, 2006, 12:19 AM
I have to admit, as a fairly new member to PSOWORLD, I came here under the impression that THIS IS THE PLACE for PSU news. I have written video game reviews for xblracing.com, so I know how tediouse and time consuming it can be, but I also know that if you come in with a PREDETERMINED set of quistions, and have a POSITIVE set of answers, there is really nothing more to do, but organize and upload.

I am sorry, but I have to be honest and say that this seems like really poor organization. Please remember, that posting an interview, consists of merely posting facts, NOT writing an editorial, which does take a lot of planning and editing.

Please let me know if it is done differently here. As I said before, I am new here.

Balthor
May 16, 2006, 12:39 AM
You won't die from an anurism if you wait a bit longer, the interviewer is human to.

In the time you huff and puff, you could be waiting patiently, and it'll be up out of the blue.

Latiku
May 16, 2006, 12:46 AM
We all want to see the interview. We all have been waiting through game delays and other such things for even the slightest hint of info on this game. However, I am going to ask that you edit your original post so that it is worded in a more respectful manner.

This interview is not a given, it is a privilege. Tomeeboy's life does not revolve around PSU. Even so, He is doing what he can when he can. Even though you are new here, that is no excuse to come in a declare 'poor organization'. Mayhaps the man is having computer troubles, should we cucify him for that?

Also, look around the site. This IS the place for PSU news. Just try finding all this info complied somewhere else in such a user friendly fashion.

I'm sorry if I come off as a bit harsh but please understand that everyone here is only human. I know E3 had everyone drooling for this game but a little more patience would not hurt.

Nedeti
May 16, 2006, 12:57 AM
what bullettooth is trying to say that it doesn't take 3days to upload/setup an interview (T_T) or editorial.

'poor organization', no PSO-W been up for years http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i remember back in the days with my DC . wonderfull days...

wupper
May 16, 2006, 03:53 AM
*fanning the rumour mill flames...rawr

Maybe there's some info in the interview PSOW have agreed not to post until Sega done their official bits and bobs and that is why there is a delay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tystys
May 16, 2006, 05:17 AM
On 2006-05-15 22:19, BulletTooth wrote:
I have to admit, as a fairly new member to PSOWORLD, I came here under the impression that THIS IS THE PLACE for PSU news. I have written video game reviews for xblracing.com, so I know how tediouse and time consuming it can be, but I also know that if you come in with a PREDETERMINED set of quistions, and have a POSITIVE set of answers, there is really nothing more to do, but organize and upload.

I am sorry, but I have to be honest and say that this seems like really poor organization. Please remember, that posting an interview, consists of merely posting facts, NOT writing an editorial, which does take a lot of planning and editing.

Please let me know if it is done differently here. As I said before, I am new here.

I see where you're coming from, but it doesn't look like you have gone to E3. I'm not sure how many times Tomee Boy has gone, but it looks like a heck of a tiring experience, especially considering the fact that he needed to get his pics, vids and interviews from a very very small booth(If I recall, people said that the PSU booth was just used as filler or something like that, with only a new demo).

Give the man some time. E3 can be an overwhelming experience, no matter how many times you go there, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

And I think I can safely say that PSO-WORLD has been giving us some great information on PSU since the beginning. When I first heard about this site from PSOBB, I was at first skeptical. Than, I logged on and found the place to be a great source of information for PSU and PSO as well.

This place is the only sure place that we know where we can get PSU info from. I searched all over the net during the E3 days for any new info on PSU. All I got was a review of some demo, which some people didn't even like.

All I have to say is this....
Have patience my friend...the PSO-WORLD staff isn't a bunch of gaming journalists robots just on the prowl, waiting for the slightest sign of new info....
OK, maybe they sorta are, but that doesn't mean they're not human! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-05-16 03:18 ]</font>

Ryna
May 16, 2006, 05:28 AM
Tomeeboy had to go through a translator in order to be able to talk to Miyoshi-san. So while we were looking over the final transcription last night, a couple of things came up that we want to clarify with Sega of America so we avoid any "misunderstandings." We consider the interview to be important enough that we don't want to make any mistakes with it. Unfortunately, this means are some unexpected delays in getting it published.

Also, it maybe worth noting that nobody is paid to work on the site. We all have full-time jobs and work on the site when-ever any spare time comes up.

Fleece
May 16, 2006, 06:38 AM
I reckon he had a rough night and slept through the interview schedule http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BulletTooth
May 16, 2006, 07:21 AM
On 2006-05-16 03:28, Ryna wrote:
Tomeeboy had to go through a translator in order to be able to talk to Miyoshi-san. So while we were looking over the final transcription last night, a couple of things came up that we want to clarify with Sega of America so we avoid any "misunderstandings." We consider the interview to be important enough that we don't want to make any mistakes with it. Unfortunately, this means are some unexpected delays in getting it published.

Also, it maybe worth noting that nobody is paid to work on the site. We all have full-time jobs and work on the site when-ever any spare time comes up.

Ah. That explains everything. Any source of news knows that they only have one shot to get it right. If the CBS/BUSH debacle taught us anything it taught us that there is no coming back from bad info. Thanks for the heads up.

This makes the wait infinitly less painfull. I know that sounds weak, but when I said PSO was my favorite game of all time, I meant it.

Saner
May 16, 2006, 08:17 AM
I wouldn't expect any new information from the interview. There's so much they don't wanna reveal just yet.

Ryna
May 16, 2006, 08:56 AM
On 2006-05-16 06:17, Saner wrote:
I wouldn't expect any new information from the interview. There's so much they don't wanna reveal just yet.

There is definitely new information in it, both in terms of gameplay and general information.

Since the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled and given there is another Interview thread currently open, I am going to lock this one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-16 07:01 ]</font>