PDA

View Full Version : Hunter...Ranger...Force...Simultaneously?

NightHour13
May 16, 2006, 11:34 PM
Well, the subject says it but i'll clarify. Since you can level up Force, Hunter and Ranger seperatly...

Can you use their abilities at the same time while beeing on a main class of Hunter?

Say, your on "hunter mode" or whatever. Can you cast techniques? Shoot a gun thats available to your ranger level? Or are you condemned to use only what you are currently.

Edit: God if this was asked before, Ryna the wonderful mod...Please don't cut off my head.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NightHour13 on 2006-05-16 21:34 ]</font>

Bastille
May 16, 2006, 11:49 PM
I only just heard about multi jobbing from my friend so this intrigues me as well

Tycho
May 17, 2006, 12:18 AM
In short: you can't. For this reason, I think this new class system might be rather lacking, because there isn't really much of an incentive to multi-class a character, rather than just starting multiple characters for the different classes instead.

NightHour13
May 17, 2006, 12:20 AM
I agree Tycho, why even bother "stunting" your characters abilities? Why not just make an entirely new character that can become 100% in that area? I mean they do allow you to have up to 4 characters I heard. I hope thats not how ST plans to do it in the release.

Jozon
May 17, 2006, 12:28 AM
I also hope they do it like FFXI but better so they work like "subjobs" so you can use their skills, but for a game like PSU I would have to say I would like them to not be limited to half level.

oShojino
May 17, 2006, 01:14 AM
NightHour, currently you dont really stunt your character by switching classes. It was theorized that depending on what job you were when you leveld up permanently effected your stats but when I switched back and forth between Hunter and Force.. even when my Hunter job leveled up when switching to Force I didnt see any of my Hunter stats effecting it.

ANIMEniac
May 17, 2006, 01:26 AM
but it would make sense if it had lasting effects. such as being a ranger a long time to raise ata then switch to hunter. tho ata might drop 75 points, but it would be 50 higher than a normal hunter.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 05:35 AM
I like it this way better. it gives classes more uniqueness than players that stack multiple stats/skills/weapons from multiple classes into one.

Hunters and Rangers can't use techniques anymore, and that makes Forces more valuable.

Rangers are the gun masters.

and Hunters are the blade masters.

that's the way it should be. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Switching classes should not be looked upon as a way for people to stack more stats and abilities, but rather as an opportunity to try out being another class.

it's like being a RDM and then switching to Warrior in FF11 (minus the subjobs), people want the option to try out another class without having to make a new character,

and that's what PSU's class switching option is for. it's there when you feel like trying another class.

don't expect to use Claws as a Force, or Cannons as a Hunter, just choose a class and stick with it. and after you master it, try another class if you wanna play that way for sometime after.

so in short:

when switching classes, do not seek added power/benefits.
Seek a style you want to explore.

Tystys
May 17, 2006, 05:39 AM
Hunter Style, all the way

Ryna
May 17, 2006, 06:20 AM
In case anyone missed Gamespot's videos, Ethan can be a Hunter, Ranger, and Force at the same time. He has weapons from all three jobs on his action palette in one video. I know that has no bearing for online characters, but it is interesting to note.

Fleece
May 17, 2006, 06:23 AM
Stat Stacking would suck, everyone would eventually have the same stats.

zandra117
May 17, 2006, 07:03 AM
On 2006-05-17 04:20, Ryna wrote:
In case anyone missed Gamespot's videos, Ethan can be a Hunter, Ranger, and Force at the same time. He has weapons from all three jobs on his action palette in one video. I know that has no bearing for online characters, but it is interesting to note.

Ethan is t3h ub3r h4xx0r

Saner
May 17, 2006, 07:03 AM
On 2006-05-17 04:20, Ryna wrote:

AHA!!! I had a feeling Ethan can be all 3 classes at once!!

I think he needs to be all 3 classes at once anyways since the a.i. might not be reliable enough to depend on completely, so Ethan is pretty much on his own, though technically he isn't sometimes.

I think Extra mode and Online created characters can't be more than 1 class at once,
which is good since it balances what each player can do, and promotes cooperation among players to a higher degree than working solo.

NightHour13
May 17, 2006, 09:50 PM
Unless im reading this all wrong (and thats a strong possibility)...It still doesnt give me a reason to not just make another character entirely. I was under the impression that your maximum class level was affected by what you chose to level in. Example:

Hunter 10
Ranger 5
Force 5

They all add up to 20 which i believe is the class level cap. This sounds like im preventing my character from beeing the best he could be by just sticking to one job class, and then making another character to do the others.

So if what osojino said was true, then does that mean that my Char Stats are affected by the current job class when leveling up in char? But then he said that when switching to force, the characters stats were not affected...?

Clarify! hahah Im still confoozled.

Kaeorii
May 17, 2006, 10:07 PM
On 2006-05-17 19:50, NightHour13 wrote:
Unless im reading this all wrong (and thats a strong possibility)...It still doesnt give me a reason to not just make another character entirely. I was under the impression that your maximum class level was affected by what you chose to level in. Example:

Hunter 10
Ranger 5
Force 5

They all add up to 20 which i believe is the class level cap. This sounds like im preventing my character from beeing the best he could be by just sticking to one job class, and then making another character to do the others.

So if what osojino said was true, then does that mean that my Char Stats are affected by the current job class when leveling up in char? But then he said that when switching to force, the characters stats were not affected...?

Clarify! hahah Im still confoozled.

My problem is it sounds like alot of people are expecting to just jump in and solo this like you could with PSO. The reason the class system is as it is, is to promote teamwork. Having one character that can do everthing makes a game too easy.
As for the characters and class levels being separate, I assume it works in this manner: your character level is your racial stats (ie. base HP, etc), and then class level adjusts these along with adding in the weapon class specializations of each class. Someone correct me if I'm wrong of course. =P

Feran
May 17, 2006, 10:34 PM
actually heres max :

HU : 20
RA : 20
FO : 20

Think of it being EXACTLY like PSO, but only theres a dressing room that can change your class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Having no current bearing on your character's level, of course. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nuclearranger
May 17, 2006, 10:46 PM
so switching has 0 downsides besides you loose some money dont you?

Avion
May 17, 2006, 10:48 PM
Doesn't sound too bad to me if you can max out the class levels separately. You could still have a reason to play your character even after you hit the max character level. And if you're really partial to your character, you can have them raised fairly well in each job and just switch to whatever you feel like using instead of making more characters.

I was kind of hoping for a growth system that allowed more uniqueness though.

chichiri99
May 17, 2006, 11:19 PM
basically, since you can create 4 characters, this will allow you to make 1 of every character type and job

beast: HU RA and FO
cast: HU RA FO
newman: HU RA FO
am I missing one ( oh well it's probly something insignificant)

Dre_o
May 17, 2006, 11:29 PM
Well, from what you guys are saying, you aren't getting the whole picture. I'll use HP for an example:

If you max out your Hunter job you will have X amount of HP

If you max out your Force job you will have Y amount of HP

And in this case X > Y because that's the way it works. Hunters gain more Hp than Forces. Thus, you lose Hp between classes. From the screen shots we've been shown, switching jobs will decrease stats and increase others (baring in mind of course that the stats are
completely job specific) INCLUDING Hp. Which will make job/race/gender combinations unique.

Each Job/Race has QUITE different stats, whether it is HP or ATP.

(please correct me if I'm wrong)

And Kaeorii has a very good point: On what we've seen from the Beta, you didn't see too many people soloing, did you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm sure that was for a very good reason besides boredom.

Alexandrious
May 17, 2006, 11:57 PM
On 2006-05-17 21:19, chichiri99 wrote:
basically, since you can create 4 characters, this will allow you to make 1 of every character type and job

beast: HU RA and FO
cast: HU RA FO
newman: HU RA FO
am I missing one ( oh well it's probly something insignificant)

Startin to wonder what peoples beef with Humans is comin from.

Still calling my PM "Which grows into a CAST pet btw =3" Scrappy though. XD

Regardless, this is good for us Humans. Can switch to whichever we want and be good at em all. So I wont get bored and be able to master all 3 jobs, first with hunter of course.

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 12:11 AM
It would make sense for class changes to have lasting effects and have abilites that you're most proficient in carry over to other jobs, or at least your racial strengths pass over. But they dont.

All combinations of race/sex/job will be exactly the same ability wise, the only thing that will set them apart is stats and appearance (and in Beasts and Casts case, a special). All <insert x race here> M HU, RA, FO's <insert x race here> F HU, RA, FO's will be exactly the same stat and ability wise from every other <insert x race here> M HU RA FO/ F HU RA FO.

You know, its kind of ironic that SEGA stressed customization so much in there character simulator and ended up making the ability of all race/class/sex cominations the same and make no differences from one x race/sex/job combination from another x race/sex/job combination. Beasts and Casts do get at least some uniqueness with their specials, but beyond that theres no uniqueness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-17 22:12 ]</font>

kazuma56
May 18, 2006, 12:30 AM
wait...so that thing about beasts having the best atk, casts having the best ATA, newman having high mental strength and humans being the balanced race is all a farce?

I mean I do find it kind of hard to believe that a Cast would start with the same HP as a human, or a human starting off with the same atk as a beast....is this something that got lost in translation or was it just dumped?

NightHour13
May 18, 2006, 12:32 AM
bah. Perhaps they'll offer some more customization. Untill then, this class system is seriously lacking big time. It's exactly as Shojin said, everyones the same except for apearence and stats on classes which probably don't vary too much. Ironic indeed. Bah

hypersaxon
May 18, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-05-17 20:34, Feran wrote:
actually heres max :

HU : 20
RA : 20
FO : 20

Think of it being EXACTLY like PSO, but only theres a dressing room that can change your class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Having no current bearing on your character's level, of course. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah that's what I thought it was gonna be.

kazuma56
May 18, 2006, 01:08 AM
On 2006-05-17 22:32, NightHour13 wrote:
bah. Perhaps they'll offer some more customization. Untill then, this class system is seriously lacking big time. It's exactly as Shojin said, everyones the same except for apearence and stats on classes which probably don't vary too much. Ironic indeed. Bah

Well technically, most MMO's are like that, in FFXI, an "decked" out war/nin would be the same as every other "decked" out war/nin. In WoW eveery character is essentially the same bar they're racial traits...

What i'm trying to get at is, PSU is more or less the same as everything else on the market, In FFXI there are job combos that will NEVER work and thus you basically are playing builds that "work"/accepted by the masses, in PSU since its more like WoW where you are "stuck" in a certain build, it still seems to work out because 1 millionish people wouldn't play the game if it didn't.

The way I see it, it'll be like FFXI bar the subjobbing, a Beast (galka) will have better attack, then a cast (mithra), but the Cast will have better ATA then the newman (tarutaru), and the newman will have better mental strength than the Beast (galka), the human (hume) will neither excel in either and will have a healthy balance of all stats (as lvls progress, i believe each race will show its prowess more and more).

Also, no details on how the job leveling is are done yet, who's to say that a Ranger at job lvl 18 doesn't have access to dual wielding or be able to use a partisan like in PSO?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2006-05-17 23:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2006-05-17 23:40 ]</font>

Nika
May 18, 2006, 04:01 AM
In fact, for this topic, I'm thinking that it would be able to get some ability from 1 job to used with other job? like in KH2 , there are many from,and if you lv up you Brave form to LV 3. you will get HIGH JUMP lv 1 for normal form. and HIGH JUMP lv 2 for Brave form. I mean if it become like this. Then, when I up my Force to LV 10 and change to LV 1 Hunter, I may be able to equip a low lv cane or wand and use some technicque . Do you think it will work this way? (becasue there have to be something good for Newman Hunter who have high TAP) . I think if I make an online game, I prefer to let every race benefic with every job in difference way. It make game have more varied char.