PDA

View Full Version : Share the wealth?

Kano-Okami
May 17, 2006, 03:52 PM
I know that on the online mode of PSU, theres a trunk/itembox where you can store items to trade with your other characters at a later date,
but what about offline mode?
Will the player created in Extra Mode be able to exchange items with Ethan and visa-versa?
If so, it would be very useful, rather then having to hunt for a rare with your Ex-character, you could use the one you stumpled upon from dumb luck with Ethan.
So, does anyone think that you will be able to share your inventory with your Ex-character & Ethan?
We already know they share Partner-Cards(?), it'd only make sense.

Zeota
May 17, 2006, 03:59 PM
We'd have to wait for the actual game to see that.

Kalamari
May 17, 2006, 04:04 PM
If you would have read the FAQ you would know that there is no connection between your online character and Ethan

Axios-
May 17, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-05-17 14:04, Kalamari wrote:
If you would have read the FAQ you would know that there is no connection between your online character and Ethan

No need to get hostile. He wasn't talking about sharing between online chars and Ethan.

Now, as for sharing between extra mode characters and Ethan, it does seem like a possibility. Although we haven't recent much in terms of in-depth details about the mode, a party bank of sorts doesn't seem like such a bad idea. It's a good thought, and I hope that we see it in the game, but as for now all we can do is wait and hope. -.-

Kyunji
May 17, 2006, 04:49 PM
I fail to see how this would make sense. If the events of extra and online modes are supposed to take place after the story mode, then how could Ethan and the extra/online character possibly exchange items? (Don't even try to tell me time travel. If that was possible, there would be no need to worry about the SEED invasion in the first place - just travel back in time and shoot down the fleet or however the SEED first arrived.)

Axios-
May 17, 2006, 05:04 PM
I suppose it depends on how connected story mode and extra mode actually are. The guide says that as you progress in story mode, you'll unlock new characters and obtain their partner cards in extra mode. I think it depends on whether you're getting the specific card for Ethan (or any character) as you built him in story mode or you're getting a card for a default Ethan as a clean slate. It all depends on the offline connectivity. With that said, I doubt that it'd copy and paste your characters over the offline modes, but it isn't necessarily impossible.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 06:44 PM
look at it this way, your online characters have no relation with Ethan.

you can't use offline created characters online, and the reason for that is to prevent cheating.

some people WILL hack/duplicate Ethan's items/supplies/money, and that would be unfair if players can transfer that to their online character.

as for Ethan transferring his items to an offline made character, I don't think that will be allowed either.
but you can shift items from one offline made character to another. the same with online characters. you can shift items from one online character to another online character.

Axios-
May 17, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-05-17 16:44, Saner wrote:
look at it this way, your online characters have no relation with Ethan.

you can't use offline created characters online, and the reason for that is to prevent cheating.

We know that online characters have no relation to extra mode and story mode! That was never in question! Give Kano more credit. He wasn't asking about that.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 07:15 PM
oh yeah the others seemed to be talking about something else.

Anyways, shifting Ethan's rares to a Extra mode character, more than likely can't be done.

I mean hunting rares is part of the fun finding them. just like how Extra mode characters start at level 1, anything they want, they have to earn.

other Extra characters are an exception because.....they are Extra mode characters too! so they can share their stuff with other Extra mode characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but ya, Extra mode is related, but still pretty independant from the offline story mode's way of things.

you may not feel like finding a rare for Extra characters that you already found in the offline story, but that's just how it is.

I mean it's already great created offline characters can share items. back then in the other games, that wasn't an option.

Tystys
May 17, 2006, 07:30 PM
That wouldn't make much sense.
It sounds like a cool idea, but nah. It'd make the game too easy.

Axios-
May 17, 2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah, now that I think about it, this system would mean that as soon as you unlock extra mode, you could move Ethan's money and gear over to your level 1 character. That just doesn't seem right so I don't see this happening.

Nuclearranger
May 17, 2006, 07:53 PM
Im going to say that its a very posable posability lol but doubt it n.n

Kano-Okami
May 18, 2006, 10:34 AM
I thought about the advantage of having stronger items aswell, but ..
correct me if I'm wrong, there are still stat requirements to use better items/weapons, right?
Just because a character has a rare or higher grade item doesn't mean they could necessarily use it at that moment; so level 1's wouldn't be able to swing around those rare & shiny weapons for quite a while, until they were built up enough to handle them.
I hope there is some sort of item sharing between extra & normal..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-05-18 09:11 ]</font>

Saner
May 18, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-05-18 08:34, Kano-Okami wrote:
I thought about the advantage of having stronger items aswell, but ..
correct me if I'm wrong, there are still stat requirements to use better items/weapons, right?
Just because a character has a rare or higher grade item doesn't mean they could necessarily use it at that moment; so level 1's wouldn't be able to swing around those rare & shiny weapons for quite a while, until they were built up enough to handle them.
I hope there is some sort of sharing between extra & normal..

There IS sharing between Extra and Normal.

Extra mode uses the Missions you completed in the normal offline story mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif