PDA

View Full Version : How does the class system actually work?

Sgt_Shligger
May 17, 2006, 07:11 PM
Everyone is talking about Fomars, Hunewms, rabeasts and the likes but are you confined to one class?

I want to be able to use melee and guns.. I don't care much for magic. Would I be able to be a hunter ranger?

Eros17
May 17, 2006, 07:13 PM
HUnewm would so rock. specially dual wielding slicers.

Sgt_Shligger
May 17, 2006, 07:16 PM
Why did they take out the useful slicer... they replaced it with a bow.

Fleece
May 17, 2006, 07:17 PM
Sgt. it depends what class you wanna be most and what weps you want to use.

Rangers can use some melee weapons and all guns
Hunters can use some guns but all melee weapons.

Sgt_Shligger
May 17, 2006, 07:19 PM
I'm going to be a gunner. Gunning just get a little boring and I like the ability to run up front, hit something, get hit, and go back to my safe range.

Saner
May 17, 2006, 07:19 PM
On 2006-05-17 17:11, SgtShligger wrote:
Everyone is talking about Fomars, Hunewms, rabeasts and the likes but are you confined to one class?

I want to be able to use melee and guns.. I don't care much for magic. Would I be able to be a hunter ranger?

if you could be a 'hunter ranger', there would be no need for normal hunters and rangers.

everything is balanced so that each class is unique than before. Hunters can't use rifles, Rangers can't use Swords, Forces can't use Cannons, etc. etc.

there are some exceptions (like dagger, handgun) but overall you can only be one class at a time.

but ya I agree Slicers should not have been replaced.

Sgt_Shligger
May 17, 2006, 07:21 PM
I actually thought slicers were not the best weapons... Partisans would have been the better choice to take out.

DarthTyranus
May 18, 2006, 01:23 AM
I'm more of a Spear user too, but Braveman was a must fighting EP4 Boss. Slicers should've stayed in this game, they're probably gonna bring em back once we get into the game. Just wait.

avai
May 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
Are you kidding about taking out partisans? You must not have been using them correctly.

Sgt_Shligger
May 18, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-05-18 08:51, avai wrote:
Are you kidding about taking out partisans? You must not have been using them correctly.

I was using my red slicer correctly. It seemed that slicers did less damage then swords for some reason... Partisans are only good if you have no accuracy.

ShadowDragon28
May 18, 2006, 04:55 PM
Hunters can eat meat, Forces are not allowed to eat meat and must pray to Shiva once a day, and Rangers can only pray to Genesha.. J/K!

A Hindu Caste system in PSU would be really odd I think...