PDA

View Full Version : Takao Miyoshi Interview is Up

Ryna
May 17, 2006, 08:49 PM
The Takao Miyoshi interview has been uploaded! You can find it here:
http://www.pso-world.com/phantasy-star-universe-e3-2006-takao-miyoshi.php

Instead of having a big "official" thread for the interview, we are going to encourage people to create topics on whatever they want to talk about.

RoninJoku
May 17, 2006, 08:56 PM
No international linked servers + no battle/challenge mode = me a sad panda... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Overall the interview kinda crashed alot of my hopes -_-

Oh well... At least he mentioned the possibility of a US beta! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vitius137
May 17, 2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks a lot. I finally have something to read http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RFB
May 17, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-05-17 18:49, Ryna wrote:
Instead of having a big "official" thread for the interview, we are going to encourage people to create topics on whatever they want to talk about.

And I just made a big opinion thread >_> I blame you and your timing! *Edits and deletes*

No international linked servers + no battle/challenge mode = me a sad panda...

Same here. I was really hoping for a C-Mode, I loved it back in PSO.

Miphesto
May 17, 2006, 09:00 PM
you know, i'm confident that the game release will have enough content to keep me interested for about a year at least...i cant wait for the game. and also ...i wasnt planning on it...but i think i'll take his advice and play the story mode first...after all he created the game..and i hate being a noob sauce

YohYoh
May 17, 2006, 09:03 PM
dam, no challenge mode.

Bastille
May 17, 2006, 09:05 PM
Here's to hoping for a closed beta over here as well... as well as that it is released next month so that I don't have to worry about going over my bandwidth limit for the month after I downloaded and uploaded about 45 gigs of anime <_<

Ryna
May 17, 2006, 09:07 PM
Oh yeah, we still have some additional E3 content to upload. We just haven't put it up yet since we've been focusing on the interview. Be sure to look for it over the next couple of days.

vitius137
May 17, 2006, 09:09 PM
On 2006-05-17 19:00, Miphesto wrote:
you know, i'm confident that the game release will have enough content to keep me interested for about a year at least...i cant wait for the game. and also ...i wasnt planning on it...but i think i'll take his advice and play the story mode first...after all he created the game..and i hate being a noob sauce

true dat.... but I'm not totally sure if I'll play offline first.

I love the feeling of starting a new mmo on the first day where everyone is amazed and the community is usually a lot nicer (not to mention no hackers)

Kamica
May 17, 2006, 09:10 PM
I personally think a PSU challenge mode would be easier to implement then say...an episode 4 challenge mode.

Polly
May 17, 2006, 09:12 PM
Nice work on the interview.

Managed to get more information than I honestly thought you would and even though some of the answers don't exactly make me happy, it's nice to have a clearer picture and some real answers that aren't just speculation.

Ryna
May 17, 2006, 09:16 PM
On 2006-05-17 19:00, RFB wrote:
And I just made a big opinion thread >_> I blame you and your timing! *Edits and deletes*

Well, there was no need to delete the thread. This is just the announcement thread. I would prefer if people created new threads to discuss the interview.

Zeota
May 17, 2006, 09:17 PM
Spitting on us filthy gaijin yet again. Way to go Sega. Were it not for playing on the beta, I'd be questioning my willingness to even bother with this.

Shinjiro
May 17, 2006, 09:24 PM
Thank you PSOW and Tomeeboy for the interview. There were still some questions I think are unanswered. I was looking forward to seeing his input on the English Closed Beta

Skye-Fox713
May 17, 2006, 09:27 PM
i look forward to reading it

StarLionsX
May 17, 2006, 09:30 PM
It seems that we should not guess at a release date.

Ryna
May 17, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-05-17 19:24, Shinjiro wrote:
Thank you PSOW and Tomeeboy for the interview. There were still some questions I think are unanswered. I was looking forward to seeing his input on the English Closed Beta

There were definitely a large number of good user questions that we wanted to ask. Unfortunately, the reserved time expired before Tomeeboy could get to all of them. He tried to fit in as many as possible though!

oShojino
May 17, 2006, 09:35 PM
Agreed Dark Epyon, no linked servers.. a delayed release and delayed content updates? (by the way it sounded, updates would be concurrent with the release date, meaning if US was released 3 months after all updates would be too). SEGA: Silly American/Europeans, we will rehash our game in your filthy language for you and watch you fiddle with outdated content.. w w w w.

On top of that, no challenge mode, no battle mode... and the "free roam" is reduced to lobbies? It is blatantly obvious that PSU is simply a side project/sleeper hit using the name to sell. On top of that, it seems offline was the main focus in this game (even though he says they're balanced, its obvious he wants people to play offline first)..and online was just fan service and a way to get montly fees(you can see the little ammount of thought that went into online content just by the way he replies to the questions). On top of all this no newman special? *sighs* "Lets have one of the main characters as a Melee Newman, and offer nothing special to melee newmans online."

This game should be PSU DD, Dashing Disappointment.

PSU should of been PSV, and the "sequel" they're thinking of should of been the next true sequel to PSO. I had so much hope and hype for this game, but hell why am I surprised.. SEGA's been doing the same thing with the Sonic games for years... just using the namesake to create a game thats okay..but not innovative. We've seen all the features that PSU has in PSO before, and anything thats not in PSO is in some other mmo. They've just found ways to add limitations.

BETA was fun, but it left me expecting alot more... now learning that everything I played in beta will be just how the final version of the game is... Im not impressed at all, its a solid game but there's nothing innovative.

I'm very close to taking a pass on PSU, but Ill probably pick it up just out of sheer boredom and the lack of good mmos on the market.

EDIT: Thanks for the interview by the way Ryna and Tomeeboy, it was professionally done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-17 19:42 ]</font>

Bastille
May 17, 2006, 09:38 PM
Now now... I am sure if enough people complain, they will put it in

Tystys
May 17, 2006, 09:43 PM
Woo.
Too bad he doesn't know about release date and pricing. Aw man...he asked so nicely, that I do want to play Offline first, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif, lol

Feratique
May 17, 2006, 10:18 PM
It's just my opinion, you guys can delete this post if you feel inappropriate
The interview was a pile of nothing i mean we already knew most of the answers to the questions asked. The main thing we wanted to know was the release date and prices but it looks like PSU is just not ready

PS everything is not "finalized"...
Meaning go buy a game instead of waiting... I'd bet ragnarok online 2 will come out before PSU, if that happens SEGA IS TOAST.

This is irrelevent but who here thinks Ragnarok Online 2 is worth paying attention to than PSU? The reason i'm asking is i'm really having doubt about PSU being a good game...
This is also irrelevent but does anyone know why Ragnarok Online 2 wasn't at E3, i was pressing the refresh buttons so many time trying to find news about RO2 but nothing came up...

EDIT: THNKS to Tommeboy and the others who took their time to write this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feratique on 2006-05-17 20:55 ]</font>

Latiku
May 17, 2006, 10:33 PM
I still plan on getting the game but I can help but be a bit dissapointed in ST. This game had INCREDIBLE potential, from what I have heard, the final product still sounds incomplete and hashed out.
Honestly, I would not mind waiting till December for this game if it would mean they would actually put their all into it. There are so many feature they are passing on that would really add to the game. I hear more of what PSU 'cant' do than what it 'can' do and that is just sad.
If it wasn't for my past good experiences with PSO, I do not know if I would half as interested in playing this game as I am.

Also, what the heck reason do they have for with holding so much info? If anyone would give me a logical explanation I would appreciate it since their reasoning escapes me at this time.

In addition, thanks Tomeeboy for the interview. You did a great job of going to the source and presenting the information. It is not your fault that the freakin' Producer had nothing to say/he wanted to tell.

Zeota
May 17, 2006, 10:54 PM
Other than the separation thing, the whole thing was more or less innocuous.

bstm300
May 17, 2006, 11:08 PM
Wow two thumbs up to Tomee boy for getting this interview done. Thanks a lot man.

Kyuu
May 17, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-05-17 19:17, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
Spitting on us filthy gaijin yet again. Way to go Sega. Were it not for playing on the beta, I'd be questioning my willingness to even bother with this.
Uh, where exactly did that come from?

Considering how little he was willing to say, I think people are jumping to conclusions just a bit.

Honestly, I must say I'm a tad disappointed as well, though. Nothing bad against Tomee, it's just so extraordinarily lame how little they're willing to say considering how long this game has been announced, and how much it's been delayed. They really, really should be able to give a release date by now. I mean honestly. They have the list of bugs to squash and other such data from the closed beta.

Also, considering that the reason for the delays was to further polish the game, I very much do hope that there is more that will be revealed with the full game that they're simply choosing not to reveal.

And seriously... what were they thinking giving casts and beasts special abilities, but giving newmans and humans nothing? It's simply unbalancing, no ifs ands or buts about it.

KaiNova7
May 17, 2006, 11:31 PM
Wow, you guys are really bashing PSU, we all are a to some degree dissappointed for whichever reasons, but sheesh.
Im sure this game will live up to its hype, I dont think its going to be anything innovative, but do everything Pso does but much better.
While battle/challenge are not "yet" implented in the game, there is still a high chance for one or the other to be a future feature.
If you think about Pso..throughout the years, episodes,rares, and modes were added down the line.
Also, Im sure there will plenty of new content to explore, rares to find, combos to learn, quest to play, and so on.
Im not worried about, I do agree that they should have a solid realase date though.Ohwell, might as well play some more psobb.

jaycougar
May 17, 2006, 11:45 PM
awsome interview. I was happy with the way things went. Everything he said wasnt in the game at this time will most likly make it in soon

kazuma56
May 18, 2006, 12:15 AM
good interview, but most of the things that everyone else said I also agree with.

International servers would have been a plus, because it made the game "feel" that much more bigger then just playing with people that speak my own tongue. (like FFXI)

The newman/human thing doesn't bother me too much, I mean the SUV and beast transformations, although they do great damage, will probably turn around to bite them in the ass in the end.... I can see ST making some human/numan only weapons and armor to "balance" out what the casts and beasts have in the beginning, as in they are probably the best choice for beginners, but when you get into "end game" items and armor humans/numans will get a far better benefit.

I'm also quite pissed that they haven't said anything about a release date for either region, I was hoping that the "june" release date would end up being true but now it just seems like my friend is becoming right with what he's been telling me "PSU will be released...in 2007 summer" which is very far off... but with absolutely nothing about a RD at this point...anything can happen.

Also, one thing I don't understand is the vehicles...the way he talked about them made it seem like none where available online, or am I just interpreting it wrong?

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 12:27 AM
@Feratique http://tale.unbounded-world.net/ Go here, pretty good Ro2 info site.. international beta is set for q3 06.. so it will definetely be hitting before PSU. I agree Ro2 is looking better then PSU at the moment unfortunately =/. And yes, that interview was just a bunch of fluff imo.. I learned nothing new.

@Latiku I whole heartedly agree, there were too many "cant" 's and "not currently" 's in that interview. I cant think of a reason they would delay information, other then the fact that they're lazy or they just dont care.. which brings me to my next point.

Kai, its exactly that kind of attitude that keeps game companies thinking (and especially foreign game companies) that they can just walk all over us! They know they can give a lack of info and delay the game repeatedly because there will always be people like you who will take any shit they throw at you in the face and still be satisfied. There needs to come a time when gamers realize that the game industry is a business.. just like any other business, and when customer service and professionalism is lost consumers STOP BUYING IT. These game companies are very unprofessional when they not only delay the game, but give very little reasoning as to why the games delayed and even are tight lipped at conventions and meetings.

Other businesses answer their consumers concerns and questions promptly, after all they need to impress their customer. Gaming companies have the impression that they can show us a couple of gameplay videos and screenshots to capture our attention then just do whatever they damn well please and expect people like you to be their lap dog and buy it the first day. Now Im not saying Im the perfect gamer consumer and held out on buying games, I went out and bought PSO 3 times afterall...even though we ALL know that crap should of never happened... they should of been expansions. But I for one am tired of getting walked all over on and then expected to buy their game promptly..its just tiring, and the gaming community (especially the mmo community) needs to step up and start showing the game companies that we wont stand for it.

PSU has potential but if ST wont even listen to its consumers concerns and ignore the success of previous elements of PSO.. then why should we be so eager to get PSU?

hypersaxon
May 18, 2006, 12:34 AM
Great to see that the whole Xbox 360 seperate server fiasco isn't finalized yet, hope they go for unified servers.

I don't really mind if C-Mode and Battle don't make it, since I never even played those modes anyway. All the new features they're adding more than makes up for it. And there's always the inevitable Version 2 to add that stuff lol

therealAERO
May 18, 2006, 12:43 AM
wow you guys aren't very supportive fans...

RoninJoku
May 18, 2006, 12:52 AM
Yea, there certainly is alot of negativity going down... I mean I was disappointed with some things... But there is still plenty of hope that these things may change... And regardless, it shouldn't break the game... I'm especially disappointed to hear all you ex-beta testers who used to rave about how great the game was... Saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and such things... But now suddenly there are problems and everyone forgets about all the great things that will be present...

At any rate, I've certainly had enough of the negativity on these boards... And I think it is in my best interest to stay away from here for a bit...

Tomeeboy
May 18, 2006, 01:11 AM
While there may have been a couple disappointing things confirmed in the interview, we pretty much expected some of these to begin with (like separated regional servers). There are also some promising things which are mentioned in the interview if you read carefully. One thing which I found very interesting was how they originally intended on PSO being a very short project, rather than something that would last for so many years. Seeing as how they are now planning on PSU being a long term project, I imagine that the entire experience will be much more enjoyable.

We're also still working with our Sega representatives to get additional information on things like the release dates. We wanted to go ahead and post what we had, rather than wait for the extra information to roll in. I'm hoping to have a follow-up article with more details sometime in the near future. Who knows, maybe we'll even get a follow-up interview sometime before the release so that we can ask some more of the questions that you guys have come up with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

chibiLegolas
May 18, 2006, 01:35 AM
On 2006-05-17 21:31, KaiNova7 wrote:
While battle/challenge are not "yet" implented in the game, there is still a high chance for one or the other to be a future feature.
If you think about Pso..throughout the years, episodes,rares, and modes were added down the line.

Thank you! Finally, someone realized that fact as well. The producer already mentioned he intends PSU to be played for a long time. And I took that as thinking ahead this time BY ADDING the extra features at a later date. C-Mode, Battle Mode, etc. isn't a priority here (though I too love Cmode. And I'm sure it's a fan favorite even to the Jp players). So I'd rather them iron out the basics of the game first and having the players test out the system to death before tinkering with the set peramiters for a new C-Mode setting.

And yes, a big Thank You! To all the PSO World staff in general, for all your hard work!

FD3S
May 18, 2006, 01:40 AM
On 2006-05-17 22:27, oShojino wrote:
@Feratique http://tale.unbounded-world.net/ Go here, pretty good Ro2 info site.. international beta is set for q3 06.. so it will definetely be hitting before PSU. I agree Ro2 is looking better then PSU at the moment unfortunately =/. And yes, that interview was just a bunch of fluff imo.. I learned nothing new.

I'm sorry guys, I had to register for an account just to tell you why RO2 is definately NOT going to be better than PSU...

For me, the entire reason I started playing PSO was because I could actually CONTROL my character. Do you know how many MMORPG's exist where you click on a monster and just sit there watching the same animation over and over? You can go grab a drink, have a poop, take a nap...whatever you like...that monster will be dead when you are done.

PSO changed all that by putting you in the thick of battle. Every attack you made had to be performed by YOU! This is what made the game revolutionary in my opinion. And this is what returns me to my original statement: It is now apparent that RO2 is nothing but RO in 3D! You still do the exact same thing in the exact same manner. And I know there might be extra features, but from the gameplay vidoes I just saw, the combat is EXACTLY THE SAME as RO...Boring!

I am now quite sure that PSU will be the next big "MORPG" (its not technically Massive since only 6 people can be in one game). I was actually mildly interested in RO2 untill I saw these gameplay videos...I can now rest assured that RO2 will not even be worth trying.

I hope PSU will make game developers understand that there are some people who are tired of clicking on a monster and watching numbers fly for about 2 minutes...and then repeating the exact same thing about 600 times.

In closing, I believe the evolution of the MMORPG industry has to occur by providing the player more CONTROL over his/her character...not just fancier graphics and a bigger world.

Of course, I'm sure there are many who disagree...at least they have RO2 to look forward to!

*As a sidenote, I just want to thank all of the people who have worked together to make PSO-World the unbelievably good site that it is. This is my only stop for any and all information regarding Phantasy Star, and for good reason. Thank you for your hardwork!*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FD3S on 2006-05-17 23:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FD3S on 2006-05-17 23:46 ]</font>

patient
May 18, 2006, 01:43 AM
Thank you for taking the time to go through all that Tomeeboy.

Interviews are not easy.

Alexandrious
May 18, 2006, 01:54 AM
On 2006-05-17 23:40, FD3S wrote:

On 2006-05-17 22:27, oShojino wrote:

I'm sorry guys, I had to register for an account just to tell you why RO2 is definately NOT going to be better than PSU...

For me, the entire reason I started playing PSO was because I could actually CONTROL my character. Do you know how many MMORPG's exist where you click on a monster and just sit there watching the same animation over and over? You can go grab a drink, have a poop, take a nap...whatever you like...that monster will be dead when you are done.

PSO changed all that by putting you in the thick of battle. Every attack you made had to be performed by YOU! This is what made the game revolutionary in my opinion. And this is what returns me to my original statement: It is now apparent that RO2 is nothing but RO in 3D! You still do the exact same thing in the exact same manner. And I know there might be extra features, but from the gameplay vidoes I just saw, the combat is EXACTLY THE SAME as RO...Boring!

I am now quite sure that PSU will be the next big "MORPG" (its not technically Massive since only 6 people can be in one game). I was actually mildly interested in RO2 untill I saw these gameplay videos...I can now rest assured that RO2 will not even be worth trying.

I hope PSU will make game developers understand that there are some people who are tired of clicking on a monster and watching numbers fly for about 2 minutes...and then repeating the exact same thing about 600 times.

In closing, I believe the evolution of the MMORPG industry has to occur by providing the player more CONTROL over his/her character...not just fancier graphics and a bigger world.

Of course, I'm sure there are many who disagree...at least they have RO2 to look forward to!

*As a sidenote, I just want to thank all of the people who have worked together to make PSO-World the unbelievably good site that it is. This is my only stop for any and all information regarding Phantasy Star, and for good reason. Thank you for your hardwork!*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FD3S on 2006-05-17 23:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FD3S on 2006-05-17 23:46 ]</font>

I played RO off an on while waiting for the next mmo. Lol but looking at this...yea, unless they made grouping more essential and made quest doing being worth a damn, all this is, is just a 3D version of Ragnarok online. They can put all the fancy things in it they want, if its gonna have the same combat and the same cookie cutter classes that prevents players from playing however they want, or else they cant get into certain high end guilds then no thx.

I remembered growing a crusader to be a hybrid type to suit my playstyle, no high end guild will take me, cuz they all wanted the crusader type that just spams that AoE holy attack for PVP. Thats right. All endgame was was PVP. RO is just one big chat room. Tis a shame though, I mean I gotta give props to going 3d but unless they fix it to where you cant do almost everything solo, eliminate the bad cookiecutter problem bringing growths on each job to 1-3 only suited growths, screwing the people who want to grow their char to suit their style, add highend group content, no way am I gonna look at it.

Bring on PSU, I know it wont have the kinda highend that mmorpgs have, but hey, yanno what? Its got that combat system everyone loves, and thats good enough for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-17 23:56 ]</font>

Ryudo
May 18, 2006, 03:39 AM
RO2 is nothing, no-one cares about ti very much, not even gravity

They're pushing Grandia Online to be their biggest game and THAT will be something to look out for

It seems to me they're going to do with PSU what they did with US Blue Burst, slowly trickle out content and 2 years down the line maybe just MAYBE we'll have battle mode and c-mode and everything we already had on pso v2 on the dreamcast years ago =/

Nika
May 18, 2006, 03:44 AM
Yeah. I support that idea,because that is the reason why I stop playing RO. I used to play it before ,but it seem very bored to me. The skill of players is no need for that kind of game. Only things important for that kind MMORPG are high LV and good item. To me, I think it was mainly be made for children. Unlike PSU , although when I had very low LV, I know how to douge all attack for enemy. then I could keep going on.(only not work with DF)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-05-18 01:49 ]</font>

physic
May 18, 2006, 03:56 AM
arent grandia online ro2 and psu all made by different developers? what does one have to do with teh other really

blueboy92
May 18, 2006, 04:32 AM
if u want to play RO2...mite as well try FlyFF first...kause from watching the videos of RO2...it looks almost exactly the same as that game...and it takes like wat? 3 minutes to kill a monster? lol -_-;

PSU is unique from most MMORPGs/ORPGs kause it requires clicking a combination of buttons to atk instead of clicking the mouse to auto atk..
Examples: WoW...right click...bam! auto atk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
RO...ctrl+left click...bam! auto atk xD
FFXI...i think it was right click or enter for auto...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blueboy92 on 2006-05-18 02:37 ]</font>

Fleece
May 18, 2006, 05:04 AM
FF XI

Ctrl + A

Sit there........I always tank

Tystys
May 18, 2006, 05:20 AM
Grandia Online?!
Sweet. Anyways, I don't see the similiarities between RO2 and PSU....

Shivore
May 18, 2006, 05:27 AM
Alright, I fail to see why people are getting so very angry about this interview. I read the interview and felt sure people would be rejoicing at the possibility of an english beta, linked XBOX servers, and the near certainty of a release date in the fall or earlier. And what do I find? A bunch of complaining. I may be new here, I may have not played a Phantasy Star game since Phantasy Star IV, but still, I don't see the big deal.

No linked servers... delayed updates. As I have never experienced linked servers, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I don't see the big deal. I know there was translation of languages in the PSO chat, but I doubt it was perfect, and personally it would annoy me terribly to be talking to someone, and knowing that what I said was being passed through a translator into who knows what language, and knowing that what I said may or may not be what the other person reads. Now, because the servers aren't linked, I know what I say, is what they see. Furthermore, delayed updates. Bid deal, it's fair. Japan gets an update 5 months after release, so do we. Just because our release is a couple of months later, and therefore the update is, doesn't make it un-fair. The idea that the US people may not keep up with the schedule is founded, but it would be the same if updates were planned to be at the start. this changes nothing. Either way we might be screwed. All it does is say that it is planned that we get all updates that Japanese players get. We're complaing about this?!?!

And "free roam reduced to lobbies?" Um, read the interview again. No you can't free-roam an area you have never been in, but if you have completed a mission you can go back there in free roam. Where you got that it was lobby-only I have no idea.

No specials for the human or newman classes. Well the whole point of the human is that they are nothing special, but good at everything. Why the Newman have no specials I don't know, but I have a feeling everything will balance out. It was fairly balanced in the Beta wasn't it?

Finally, no challenge/battle mode. That is, as far as I see, the only disappointment in the interview. No PvP of any kind is just too bad, but not reason enough to reject the game is it? In other MMO's I've played, I barely touch the PvP or the PK anyway. Of course that's just me but still...

It's official. The PSOWorld community is, on average, spoiled brats. Either that, or I am blind. In which case would you please enlighten me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shivore on 2006-05-18 03:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shivore on 2006-05-18 03:30 ]</font>

Parn
May 18, 2006, 05:58 AM
On 2006-05-18 03:27, Shivore wrote:
It's official. The PSOWorld community is, on average, spoiled brats.
That's a pretty accurate assessment. People here in general started hyping up and getting excited about features that were never intended to begin with. PvP? Since when does anyone play Phantasy Star Online for it's PvP as a major focus, much less get excited about it for Phantasy Star Universe (pssst... PvP in PSO sucked)? Challenge mode? Challenge mode was nothing more than a series of missions you went through with a reward at the end... as if Sonic Team couldn't put something similar in this game. As if most of you even want to play that mode anyways, considering several of you folks were whining about being too "restricted" with your characters when challenge mode is all about restrictions.

Waaaaaaaaaah they don't have 1984791238471 costumes. Waaaaaaaaaaah they didn't put in weather effects that model real life. Waaaaaaaaaah they didn't put in 18490719417298 voices and features in character creation. Waaaaaaaaaaaaah they don't let me have all techs, all weapons, and all ranged weapons with one character that I can create so I can solo online mode~

Seriously, I hope most of you don't buy the game. You think Phantasy Star Universe is a tremendous disappointment? Fine. Development of the core gameplay is done, it's not going to change in between now and release day. There's the door. --------->

Balthor
May 18, 2006, 06:17 AM
Never have I seen such a large group of premature thumbsuckers, in one area like this in a while.

Create a damn game your self that has Hot Topic costumes, Harrier jets, lightsabers, PvP, pokeballs, Al Pacino, coffeemakers, or whatever the hell you want.

This game looks great, and has from the start. Quit your bitching, and buy something else that'll cater to your "I want my cake and ice cream" mindset.

ShadowDragon28
May 18, 2006, 06:19 AM
For once, I actually agree with you Parn.

I did enjoy c-mode in PSO though, mostly due to the fact that when I finally *earned* a c-mode weapon I could name it, it made it something special to me.

I am sure PSU will have fun online missions/quests.
It is a mild disappointment that the US servers will (for now) not be linked to JP servers. Though I think that may change later down the line.

I have both good and bad experiences playing with JP players on PSO. Either they are nice and let me team up with them, or rude and cursed at me in Japanese, and since and am a fluent in reading Japanese,with basic conversational skills;

so I knew when some JP players I encountered said in Japanese "stupid F***ing annoying Gaijin, go away!" when all I did in the lobby was stand and typed out in Romanji or used Chat in JP mode to say "Konnichi wa." {I.E. "good afternoon"}

To me "long project" means we will see a gradual adding of new quests for the online part of PSU.

As always, many (but not all) Japanese people speak using fuzzy-language (similar to fuzzy logic) where not a lot of detailed specifics are spoken of,

and sometimes there's more often than not a bit of "reading in-between the lines" req., and an understanding that often vague laguage/phrazes and terms are used.

So things *do* sometimes get "lost" in the translation....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-18 04:36 ]</font>

physic
May 18, 2006, 06:28 AM
the gameplay isnt really the issue, the interview says very little to nothing about gameplay, other than there are no battle or c modes at start, i loved cmode, but the mission system depending what type of missions they have might resemble cmode anyhow, also i dont think it would be too outrageous for them to add it later, aftrer all i think teh first cmode was mostly serverside. My main beef is seperate servers, and the release date that now seems farther than before, though i admit the possibility that it won't be. Anyhow we will have nothing to but whine till its released.

voxie
May 18, 2006, 06:33 AM
Just forget PSO and take PSU in as a brand new game altogether. Play it, enjoy it. Is it that hard?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 18, 2006, 06:57 AM
On 2006-05-18 04:17, Balthor wrote:
Create a damn game your self that has Hot Topic costumes, Harrier jets, lightsabers, PvP, pokeballs, Al Pacino, coffeemakers, or whatever the hell you want.

This game looks great, and has from the start. Quit your bitching, and buy something else that'll cater to your "I want my cake and ice cream" mindset.

That was hot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Al Pacino, *Wipes tear*
-
Thanks for taking the time Tomeeboy and Gideon to conduct the interview and not being pushed around too much by the constant "need" to read it, and subsequently those whiners don't thank you when the interview is up.

I thought it was a good read.
-

Yeah, comparing it immediately back to PSO again, and then to RO or whatever the hell that was brought up for, isn't any sort of continuance or natural comparison.

The PSOW community?
More like people migrated from the non stop mess of PSOBB.com to here to talk about PSU.

I'm all for PSO/PSU being accessible for everyone, but it does take a bit of taking things for what they are, especially as noted, this far into development. So immaturity can't be fixed suddenly, but having a better attitude can.

Want them to add new features?
More coding, debugging, recoding, and then you get a longer release date for more whining!

From what I've seen, this game doesn't really cater to Challenge mode in the same vein as PSO. Way more freedom of movement make avoiding attacks that much easier.

Nothing really special about differences in classes that excel from the start in one area, and or any definitive weapon types that make sense to start out with.

Not to mention huge Ep4 type areas to roam in before reaching a cutoff point.

This game is not PSO, so those who still are being let down by it not being the personal PSO sequel with the improvements they wanted it to have need to wake up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-05-18 07:56 ]</font>

Lyrise
May 18, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-05-18 03:58, Parn wrote:

It's official. The PSOWorld community is, on average, spoiled brats.
That's a pretty accurate assessment. People here in general started hyping up and getting excited about features that were never intended to begin with. PvP? Since when does anyone play Phantasy Star Online for it's PvP as a major focus, much less get excited about it for Phantasy Star Universe (pssst... PvP in PSO sucked)? Challenge mode? Challenge mode was nothing more than a series of missions you went through with a reward at the end... as if Sonic Team couldn't put something similar in this game. As if most of you even want to play that mode anyways, considering several of you folks were whining about being too "restricted" with your characters when challenge mode is all about restrictions.

Waaaaaaaaaah they don't have 1984791238471 costumes. Waaaaaaaaaaah they didn't put in weather effects that model real life. Waaaaaaaaaah they didn't put in 18490719417298 voices and features in character creation. Waaaaaaaaaaaaah they don't let me have all techs, all weapons, and all ranged weapons with one character that I can create so I can solo online mode~

Seriously, I hope most of you don't buy the game. You think Phantasy Star Universe is a tremendous disappointment? Fine. Development of the core gameplay is done, it's not going to change in between now and release day. There's the door. --------->

I also have to agree with this. I had a lot of fun, and I look forward to the full. Features don't make the game, but certainly add to the experience.

Speaking of features, also keep in mind, when this game was developed, it had the Japanese player base in mind, noting that even for PSO, it's at least 30 times larger than the American player base. In a business sense it's better to actually cater to the audience that will recieve it best. Additionally, if there is high demand for certain features, I'm pretty sure ST would be smart enough to add it as long as it was reasonable. Is there something you wanted in game that you don't see now? You didn't have to wait for beta to start to suggest it and just just because its over doesn't mean you still can't request something; heck you can still do it right now. For those of you too lazy to look, the address is right here (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/usersvoice.html).

You're most likely not going to get regionally linked servers unless a few hundred people actually say they want it, and through this address.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-05-18 07:54 ]</font>

fumatanera
May 18, 2006, 12:08 PM
Alright, I fail to see why people are getting so very angry about this interview. I read the interview and felt sure people would be rejoicing at the possibility of an english beta, linked XBOX servers, and the near certainty of a release date in the fall or earlier. And what do I find? A bunch of complaining. I may be new here, I may have not played a Phantasy Star game since Phantasy Star IV, but still, I don't see the big deal.

No linked servers... delayed updates. As I have never experienced linked servers, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I don't see the big deal. I know there was translation of languages in the PSO chat, but I doubt it was perfect, and personally it would annoy me terribly to be talking to someone, and knowing that what I said was being passed through a translator into who knows what language, and knowing that what I said may or may not be what the other person reads. Now, because the servers aren't linked, I know what I say, is what they see. Furthermore, delayed updates. Bid deal, it's fair. Japan gets an update 5 months after release, so do we. Just because our release is a couple of months later, and therefore the update is, doesn't make it un-fair. The idea that the US people may not keep up with the schedule is founded, but it would be the same if updates were planned to be at the start. this changes nothing. Either way we might be screwed. All it does is say that it is planned that we get all updates that Japanese players get. We're complaing about this?!?!

And "free roam reduced to lobbies?" Um, read the interview again. No you can't free-roam an area you have never been in, but if you have completed a mission you can go back there in free roam. Where you got that it was lobby-only I have no idea.

No specials for the human or newman classes. Well the whole point of the human is that they are nothing special, but good at everything. Why the Newman have no specials I don't know, but I have a feeling everything will balance out. It was fairly balanced in the Beta wasn't it?

Finally, no challenge/battle mode. That is, as far as I see, the only disappointment in the interview. No PvP of any kind is just too bad, but not reason enough to reject the game is it? In other MMO's I've played, I barely touch the PvP or the PK anyway. Of course that's just me but still...

It's official. The PSOWorld community is, on average, spoiled brats. Either that, or I am blind. In which case would you please enlighten me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shivore on 2006-05-18 03:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shivore on 2006-05-18 03:30 ]</font>

*tips my cap* kudos

Saner
May 18, 2006, 12:49 PM
the immature rants are getting worse than the Elder Scrolls 4 forums before it was finally released (that was a legendary ranting war, and those ingrates even had actual developers read posts and talk to them from time to time! The flames were massive back then.)

in fact every single popular upcoming game out there, children are complaining and complaining about the stupidest reasons.

Maybe they should find a new hobby. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oh right, complaining is their favorite hobby. They don't play games, they just love complaining about them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Alisha
May 18, 2006, 12:52 PM
im massively disapointed for 1 reason and 1 reason only. reigonal servers not being connected. even though i only played with jp players on pso in challange mode,in ffxi i wouldnt be where i am today without the jp players.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 01:12 PM
On 2006-05-18 10:52, Alisha wrote:
im massively disapointed for 1 reason and 1 reason only. reigonal servers not being connected. even though i only played with jp players on pso in challange mode,in ffxi i wouldnt be where i am today without the jp players.

well FF11 was a different story because you could barely do anything on your own. even basic stuff like soloing at a decent rate past level 10, or getting subjob items, etc. etc.

PSU like PSO is systematically different so you don't have to depend on others if you happen to be alone and no one to help you.

Therefore it's impossible to get 'stuck' in a PSU/PSO game, since the combat and powers is so much better that you can survive and progress on your own if need be.

your experience with Japanese players in the past is sweet, but it isn't like they are the only ones that can help you in PSU.

so there is no reason to be 'massively disappointed' when you haven't even met the countless friendly and helpful english players that you can meet in PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DarK-SuN
May 18, 2006, 01:13 PM
One thing wasn't answered in the regional servers question, but it seems they're going the PSOBB way.
JP servers to one side, US/EU servers to the other (even though the EU servers weren't mentioned explicitly, which once again mirrors the PSOBB announcement).
I'm fine with it if that's the case, I just want to be able to play with my friends in the US and still play with my friends in EU.

About people whinning about free roaming and blah blah blah; geez people, grow up!
Did you not read the damn interview with your glasses on or something?
Miyoshi-san clearly says that once you beat the areas through missions you can access them later on, slightly in the way you do in PSO; you also don't have them all unlocked in PSO at the beginning, you have to beat them to have them.

Seriously, people, go whine someplace else, and before you whine, read things properly.
No battle mode, big deal, it kinda sucked in PSO anyway; he did say it COULD be added later, that's what updates are for!
Same goes for Challenge, if they see there's a LOT of demand for it, they'll eventually add it.

The news about the chance of PSUX being seperated from the others not being finalized, however, is a good thing; I hope they end up putting everyone together, it'd only make sense since it'll be the same game.

kyori
May 18, 2006, 01:13 PM
Aye, I'm not angry about any of the gameplay either. I'm more disappointed about the regional servers and the lack of a solid release date. What was with Miyoshi being so unsure of even the X360 date? I hear it's fall? Isn't he the producer?

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 01:19 PM
he's the game producer but, not the marketing director... We must find a way to get in contact with the marketing department.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 01:21 PM
On 2006-05-18 11:13, kyori wrote:
Aye, I'm not angry about any of the gameplay either. I'm more disappointed about the regional servers and the lack of a solid release date. What was with Miyoshi being so unsure of even the X360 date? I hear it's fall? Isn't he the producer?

hahaha. Don't tell me separate regional servers will ruin the game for you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

and no solid release date means they are taking precautions to make sure the game is as ready as possible instead of just slamming it into stores right away.
have you forgotten why they delayed the game since March? the online network wasn't ready yet and they wanna make it as good as possible.

we don't know the full story so we shouldn't jump to conclusions why this and why that.
This is their baby and they wanna make sure everything is in working order.

These aren't the types of games that get rushed out and patched later.

I've noticed Japanese games often take more care to release more solid programs than heavily glitchy ones.

if they need to delay it again, then that's a sign that they rather fix the problems instead of shoving them in our face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-18 11:26 ]</font>

kyori
May 18, 2006, 01:24 PM
See, one of the biggest things bugging me is how Sega treated PSU @ E3. It was merely an afterthought. Basically the nextgen dominated the show :/ In any case, the longer they wait the less sales potential they'll have with the next gen nearing. These delays also show similar reaction to such.

edit: And don't go rolling your eyes on me about the regional issue. Maybe I wasn't clear enough but it doesn't bug me that much, if anything the only thing that really disappointed me is the release date. I am however satisfied to hear JP will have the advantange.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-05-18 11:27 ]</font>

Saner
May 18, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-05-18 11:24, kyori wrote:
See, one of the biggest things bugging me is how Sega treated PSU @ E3. It was merely an afterthought. Basically the nextgen dominated the show :/ In any case, the longer they wait the less sales potential they'll have with the next gen nearing. These delays also show similar reaction to such.

edit: And don't go rolling your eyes on me about the regional issue. Maybe I wasn't clear enough but it doesn't bug me that much, if anything the only thing that really disappointed me is the release date. I am however satisfied to hear JP will have the advantange.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-05-18 11:27 ]</font>

woww no need to feel offended http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

but how can you be disappointed about a release date that hasn't been announced?
as it is, it might come later or earlier than expected.

They might reveal the release date during June, which gives enough time to prepare for the Fall.

and I don't think when the release date announcement happens will affect sales.
It looks like many Xbox360 owners will not like paying a fee when they are already paying a Gold fee to play online (it's possible they can have a silver account and just pay the PSU fee to play, but not sure).

and the majority of PS2 and PC players waiting for it will buy it anyway.

Kyuu
May 18, 2006, 02:21 PM
Well, I for one think it's extremely rude when people get on their high-horse and act like people have absolutely no right to ever be disappointed. People don't have to take whatever ST decides to hand them and just run around like a giggling gaggle of grinning school girls.

I could say a lot, but basically it comes down to a couple things: they really need to get a release date down. This game has been announced for a long time, and a lot of people are getting impatient, and I think the impatience is perfectly reasonable. I was such a huge fan of PSO, and have been waiting for PSU so eagerly, that I would really hate to see it take so long to come out that I'm forced to go to another game. No matter how much you want a game... there has to be a point where you decide that you've just been kept waiting too damn long.

Also, I hope people are right and there is some advantage given to the newman + hunter combo that is currently not seen, because a lot of people are going to be unhappy if such a Phantasy Star staple gets shafted.

Before you get on your high-horse and start galloping down Lollipop Lane, please remember that other people's opinions are just as valid as your own, and that opinions can in fact be negative and still valid. Although I do think a couple of people are taking things too personally and need to look at it a bit more rationally ("Sega spit on the filthy gaijins?" I mean honestly...).

And just for future reference, I am still eagerly awaiting this game. =P

(edited to fix a couple grammatical errors)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-18 12:23 ]</font>

Alisha
May 18, 2006, 02:30 PM
hahaha. Don't tell me separate regional servers will ruin the game for you.

for those of us that are night owls this has huge potential to suck. i work 2nd shift and sometimes dont get home till 12am est wich is when a lot of american players especially those that dont live on the west coast go to sleep.

Rihcky
May 18, 2006, 02:35 PM
^But EU and US will be linked, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rihcky on 2006-05-18 12:35 ]</font>

Saner
May 18, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-05-18 12:21, Kyuu wrote:

I could say a lot, but basically it comes down to a couple things: they really need to get a release date down. This game has been announced for a long time, and a lot of people are getting impatient, and I think the impatience is perfectly reasonable. I was such a huge fan of PSO, and have been waiting for PSU so eagerly, that I would really hate to see it take so long to come out that I'm forced to go to another game. No matter how much you want a game... there has to be a point where you decide that you've just been kept waiting too damn long.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-18 12:23 ]</font>

whether they like it or not, they still have to wait.

what would they do? 'Stop waiting'? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

oh course they could give up and wait for another game, but when PSU finally comes out, they will most likely buy it anyway.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sonic Team isn't playing around.
This waiting case is similiar to Elder Scrolls IV, which people waited for almost 5 years, and it still became a huge success despite all the blood and tears of waiting.

They already said Fall 2006. they still have June and July, to announce a day.

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 03:10 PM
Theres far too many replies to this thread about how people are complaining about the games state so Ill just give my general concerns. (People + Internet = FUCK YOU FOR HAVING AND OPINION!)

My biggest concern for PSU is the innovation of the game, meaning originality and truly awe-inspiring concepts that made PSO a great game.

As kyori and others have said the gameplay isnt the issue, PSU has solid gameplay yes.. just like PSO did. A few upgrades such as an improved weapon select, more customization with weapons elments along with fps view and dual wielding weapons both improved upon PSOs combat system, but in no way is it innovative (just want to make that clear). I agree that PSU stands out in that it has a real time combat system, and more mmos should have it.. but PSO had it as well, so while its an improvement it is in no way innovative.

I'm content with the battle system, but the thing is.. EVERYONE IS EXACTLY THE SAME. Even Males/Females of every race swing their weapons, shoot their guns and casts their spells exactly the same! You even have the same cloth hair and accessories options. The only difference between race/gender/job combinations are stats (which arent -that- far appart anyway) and special abilites (which only apply to beasts and casts anyway). The only motivation for anyone to go anything other then the best presets (Foneweral, Hubeast, Racast) is for asthetic reasons..and maybe (in Fobeast/Focasts case) survivability, which even then I can see people not going too much into because endgame will probably offer some godly units. In PSO you had some diversity, different race/class combinations had different abilites (spell wise and trap wise) different material usage, different styles every character preset was unique..though it neeeded some work. In PSU's system it seems like they simply just created the templates and made them the same for all races, and thats the problem. Racial only weapons might make up for this, but as far as Im concerened the race/job system is broken. Its not about wanting power or being all 3 jobs at the same time, its about having some variety between characters.. and having a characters racial strengths -truly- matter.

Challenge and Battle Mode were great in my opinion, and I think its insulting that they didnt even -think- of putting them in the game. Along with non regional linked servers, doesnt that bother anyone? ST didnt even think about challenge and battle mode and refused linked regional servers? To me its just a flat out insult, these are things that should of been top of the list! They're what made PSO fun, along with the dungeon runs.

And what're your excuses for the left out content? "Oh they'll put it in, dont worry.. if enough people ask for it, theyll put it in." WAKE UP, this is a glaring problem with all mmos in that people are willing to buy unfinished products and wait for things to be added. If SEGA sold cars, theyd just give you the engine, muffler and a seat and say "Body? Transmission? no plans currently but we'll think about putting those in." You know Parn, you're right about one thing..the core of the game is already finished.. they aren't going to change much.. not for a long damn while anyway.

You people want to be SEGA's lap dogs? Fine, I don't care. I suppose if they merged all the races into one race and had you start out as a Ranger for the first 50 levels before you could unlock Hunter and Force and have you stuck on GC for the first 100 levels youd buy it anyway. SEGA's a money machine, all they've ever cared about money..and PSU is just one of their many products. If they want to sell me on it, they're going to have to impress me.

-Shojin

[Let me rephrase my comment on RO2, PSU has the best battle system out their imo for an mmo.. Ill give them that, but RO2 is far more customizable.. and thats why it looked better. You can have the best damn battle system in the world and it wont be worth crap if everyone plays the same. Every RPG since the beginning of RPGs have been about uniquness..every character had a uniqueness to them and thus made the story and battles more enriching. Imagine playing FFVII and having Cloud Tifa Vincent Barret Cid etc. all having the exact same abilites, wouldnt be very fun now would it? Even FFXI has some customization with its subjob system, in PSU you're stuck to one job template and everyone who picks that template up will have the same abilites weapon choices and weapon skill/spell choices as you do.. plain and simple.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-18 13:12 ]</font>

Saner
May 18, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-05-18 13:10, oShojino wrote:
Theres far too many replies to this thread about how people are complaining about the games state so Ill just give my general concerns. (People + Internet = FUCK YOU FOR HAVING AND OPINION!)

My biggest concern for PSU is the innovation of the game, meaning originality and truly awe-inspiring concepts that made PSO a great game.

As kyori and others have said the gameplay isnt the issue, PSU has solid gameplay yes.. just like PSO did. A few upgrades such as an improved weapon select, more customization with weapons elments along with fps view and dual wielding weapons both improved upon PSOs combat system, but in no way is it innovative (just want to make that clear). I agree that PSU stands out in that it has a real time combat system, and more mmos should have it.. but PSO had it as well, so while its an improvement it is in no way innovative.

I'm content with the battle system, but the thing is.. EVERYONE IS EXACTLY THE SAME. Even Males/Females of every race swing their weapons, shoot their guns and casts their spells exactly the same! You even have the same cloth hair and accessories options. The only difference between race/gender/job combinations are stats (which arent -that- far appart anyway) and special abilites (which only apply to beasts and casts anyway). The only motivation for anyone to go anything other then the best presets (Foneweral, Hubeast, Racast) is for asthetic reasons..and maybe (in Fobeast/Focasts case) survivability, which even then I can see people not going too much into because endgame will probably offer some godly units. In PSO you had some diversity, different race/class combinations had different abilites (spell wise and trap wise) different material usage, different styles every character preset was unique..though it neeeded some work. In PSU's system it seems like they simply just created the templates and made them the same for all races, and thats the problem. Racial only weapons might make up for this, but as far as Im concerened the race/job system is broken. Its not about wanting power or being all 3 jobs at the same time, its about having some variety between characters.. and having a characters racial strengths -truly- matter.

Challenge and Battle Mode were great in my opinion, and I think its insulting that they didnt even -think- of putting them in the game. Along with non regional linked servers, doesnt that bother anyone? ST didnt even think about challenge and battle mode and refused linked regional servers? To me its just a flat out insult, these are things that should of been top of the list! They're what made PSO fun, along with the dungeon runs.

And what're your excuses for the left out content? "Oh they'll put it in, dont worry.. if enough people ask for it, theyll put it in." WAKE UP, this is a glaring problem with all mmos in that people are willing to buy unfinished products and wait for things to be added. If SEGA sold cars, theyd just give you the engine, muffler and a seat and say "Body? Transmission? no plans currently but we'll think about putting those in." You know Parn, you're right about one thing..the core of the game is already finished.. they aren't going to change much.. not for a long damn while anyway.

You people want to be SEGA's lap dogs? Fine, I don't care. I suppose if they merged all the races into one race and had you start out as a Ranger for the first 50 levels before you could unlock Hunter and Force and have you stuck on GC for the first 100 levels youd buy it anyway. SEGA's a money machine, all they've ever cared about money..and PSU is just one of their many products. If they want to sell me on it, they're going to have to impress me.

-Shojin

[Let me rephrase my comment on RO2, PSU has the best battle system out their imo for an mmo.. Ill give them that, but RO2 is far more customizable.. and thats why it looked better. You can have the best damn battle system in the world and it wont be worth crap if everyone plays the same. Every RPG since the beginning of RPGs have been about uniquness..every character had a uniqueness to them and thus made the story and battles more enriching. Imagine playing FFVII and having Cloud Tifa Vincent Barret Cid etc. all having the exact same abilites, wouldnt be very fun now would it? Even FFXI has some customization with its subjob system, in PSU you're stuck to one job template and everyone who picks that template up will have the same abilites weapon choices and weapon skill/spell choices as you do.. plain and simple.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-18 13:12 ]</font>

you're taking these things too personally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

'Innovation'???? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

How many times must the wheel be reinvented for it to be fun? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

At least it's not a card battle game,
There's your innovation, which royally destroyed PSO Episode III for countless PSO fans.

another example of innovation, are those Wii controller features are too ridiculous for anyone who isn't a child, even if it is an 'innovative' way to play a game.

There's a point where innovation forgets what makes these games fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 03:30 PM
Says you, the Wii controller is awesome. PSO EP III wasnt innovative, for the PSO series yes but card battles have been done before. I'm taking this seriously because this game has so much potential, if you're content with a sub-par game fine.. but I want more for PSU and Im tired of seeing people so readily take in disappointments only to go buy the game as soon as it comes out, that shows game developers that they dont have to be innovative.. and that will eventually kill the gaming industry.

ShadowDragon28
May 18, 2006, 03:32 PM
omg... So what if PSU is "PSO Episode 5"/ "PSO 2" and not fricken Uber-leet "innovative" MMO with every person dream/wish list fulfilled. There's no need to call PSOW members "lap dogs" of Sega. That's uncalled for now.

Sega is a business, of course their aim is to make money, so what?

Offtopic: I for one think the Wii is very kick-butt console, and the controller scheme is awesome IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-18 14:01 ]</font>

Parn
May 18, 2006, 03:51 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRR. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrRRRRGgggggggtyh.

*snip*

You people want to be SEGA's lap dogs? Fine, I don't care.

*snip*

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrRARRRGLNArRRGLBLlkijaweoif

You sure type a lot for someone who doesn't care. And PSU isn't going to change between now and release day. Ragnarok Online 2 is that way --------->

Edit: Furthermore, just to clarify things, I think the lack of international servers is lame. But it's the way things are going to be. Crying on this forum does no good at all. Write to Sonic Team instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-05-18 13:56 ]</font>

Saner
May 18, 2006, 04:04 PM
On 2006-05-18 13:51, Parn wrote:

GRRRRRRRRRRRR. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrRRRRGgggggggtyh.

*snip*

You people want to be SEGA's lap dogs? Fine, I don't care.

*snip*

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrRARRRGLNArRRGLBLlkijaweoif

You sure type a lot for someone who doesn't care. And PSU isn't going to change between now and release day. Ragnarok Online 2 is that way --------->

Edit: Furthermore, just to clarify things, I think the lack of international servers is lame. But it's the way things are going to be. Crying on this forum does no good at all. Write to Sonic Team instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-05-18 13:56 ]</font>

I believe Shojino cares a lot, noble Parn, so much as to fear things staying the 'same', but maybe exaggerating a little about the game industry's future depends on innovation. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

those Wii controllers may lead to injury.
Either that or it tires the player out, which may cause them to fall asleep and stop playing earlier than if they were using a normal controller. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Innovation is a very complex subject that can help or hurt a game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif

Parn
May 18, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-05-18 14:04, Saner wrote:
noble Parn
Uh... OK.

ShadowDragon28
May 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
I think the Beta version of PSU was fairly "crippled" (i.e. not the entirety of the online game's areas/features/contents) as such is probably not entirely indictive of the *final* version.
Much of the major gameplay set-up, layouts, battle system stuff did seem to be mostly finished.

I'm fine with what's there,so I don't have such sweeping complaints. Having not played PSO online for way over a year,that coupled with me not setting my expectations really high; I didn't set myself up for to much disappointment. But that's just me.

I am sure missions/quests will be added soon enough. And many areas and content were not available in the beta it seemed like to me.

Who knows what "build" of PSU that was. Only the developers know that. I have some modicum of faith that ST will have some cool stuff for online play. I for one never expected PSU to be uber-super "innovative" or somesuch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-18 14:19 ]</font>

Kyuu
May 18, 2006, 07:17 PM
Rawr!

There, now Parn can quote me and not even have to alter it. =)

I'm willing to bet the beta PSU was probably closer to the finished product than some people think. Of course, I have no way to prove such an assertion, it's merely my opinion. I don't think they'd stress test using a seriously crippled version of the game, however. Obviously there will be many more items and missions available for the full game, but I wonder if there will really be anything else.

Anyways, I really do hope PSU turns out to be as great a game as many of you assert. It's not like I want to be disappointed. What I read into Miyazaki's interview and from what people who played beta say just doesn't point in a good direction, however. I'll be very glad if I'm wrong, though. ^_^

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 07:23 PM
Parn, I said I didnt care if you wanted to be SEGA's lap dog. That doesn't mean that I don't care about the state of PSU, quite the opposite actually as you can see how Ive passionately argued my posts. And I've already emailed SEGA about the interview, and I talked about some things prior to the interview on the bbs.

But I guess with you being an ADD riddled jackass an all, you didn't realize that and probably didnt read through my post seeing as you snipped through everything except the part of me insulting you. Hmm, I guess that makes you a self centered bastard too? The list keeps growing.

PSU is a solid game and yes it will be fun, but it won't be nearly as fun as it could of been... which will hurt its userbase and length of subscriptions. As soon as SEGA releases they need to expand a bit more in the massive departement with PSU to keep up with the other MMO's we'll see major changes..or a flop. In any case, US will all be getting this late..and most likely we'll miss out on content and quests too.

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 07:33 PM
and most likely we'll miss out on content and quests too.

The producer even said it him self, 3 months between US and JP.

Kyuu
May 18, 2006, 07:37 PM
The producer even said it him self, 3 months between US and JP.The three month thing was just an example, he wasn't saying that there would in fact be a three month difference.

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 08:06 PM
Also all PSO's were suppost to get the same content too but that didnt go over quite as well.

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 08:31 PM
The three month thing was just an example, he wasn't saying that there would in fact be a three month difference.

it wasn't an exemple... it was real and a slap to our faces. For exemple PSOBB US/EU don't have most of the quest and special event JP gets. true or false?

Parn
May 18, 2006, 08:36 PM
On 2006-05-18 17:23, oShojino wrote:
RRRRGHGLRRRGGLLLRRRRRRGLE probably didnt read through my post RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrAFKJ Lkejl;akew;
I sure didn't!

Just keep in mind, you folks are the ones that set your expectations so high. You're the ones that assumed all these features that were never intended. And now, you're the ones that are disappointed. Can't say I'm all that sympathetic.

Kyuu
May 18, 2006, 08:37 PM
it wasn't an exemple... it was real and a slap to our faces. For exemple PSOBB US/EU don't have most of the quest and special event JP gets. true or false?What I meant to say was that the time frame of 3 months was an example. The US/JP versions could be released 2 months, 1 month, or 20 months apart.

All that he confirmed was that updates would be delayed by whatever the difference was. Which does suck...

Saner
May 18, 2006, 08:41 PM
special events/updates mean that much to you?

I wouldn't even call that frosting compared to what it will already have.

you don't even have the game yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Why not save the complaining about updates until you have done 100% of everything online? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KaiNova7
May 18, 2006, 08:58 PM
Wow..this thread has exploded.
Shojino_I agree with what your saying as far as inovation goes, but I gave up on game developers a long time ago.
But that dont mean I'll play games that garbage. Just I accepted what the reality is, which is what you mentioned:Sega is about money.
Look at the PSO franchise..Im positive they could have improved on alot of areas after all these years..
They just rehashed the game and added a few rares, or a lever here and there..
So, you can say I've come not to expect what should be, which is innovation or games to be "excellent" not "solid"..
But Im sure Sega knows the competion out there, not to mention Next Gen games.Also as we know japanese take pride in their work or project..
While pso may have been a side game that turned out long term.
PSU is/was intended to be a Segas:Online Prodigee.

In conclusion, I think we all need to ~Be Easy~.The will surely be out this year, and we all will see how this play out.

AvianKaitos
May 18, 2006, 09:12 PM
We all fear change, it is easy to complain but we need to get passed that.
I feel we PSO fans are a rare breed, opposed to all the other dominating MMO’s, and that we should stick together when it comes to our concerns. We the consumers do have power; if you are disappointed with it do not support it. But if you are on this forum, I doubt you hate the Phantasy Star series.

Perhaps we have to live with these problems. I do believe SEGA will release the patches to fix these problems, especially if they notice an increase in user accounts. So support PSU, like your favorite sports team, even if they aren’t that great at times. Maybe this game is not the “alternative-reality” that we have come to expect, there is no such thing as the perfect game or anything else as a matter of fact.

Hey, at least it beats the crap out of playing the old maps over and over. I swear I can play PSO with only the radar O.o

*I must digress, but has anyone realized the communication problem if PSUX and PSU PC/PS2 servers were linked? If PSUX’s voice chat is the only form of communication, how would this work with PC/PS2 users?

Remember: Sega is a company, and they are only men.

Saiffy
May 18, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-05-18 18:36, Parn wrote:
I sure didn't!

Just keep in mind, you folks are the ones that set your expectations so high. You're the ones that assumed all these features that were never intended. And now, you're the ones that are disappointed. Can't say I'm all that sympathetic.

I heard PSU cures cancer, AIDs, and all sorts of diseases of the sort, and if it doesn't, it's all ST's fault.

Tystys
May 18, 2006, 09:34 PM
Lmao, Saiffy, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryudo
May 18, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-05-18 18:36, Parn wrote:

On 2006-05-18 17:23, oShojino wrote:
RRRRGHGLRRRGGLLLRRRRRRGLE probably didnt read through my post RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrAFKJ Lkejl;akew;
I sure didn't!

It's hardly unreasonable for people to expect a sequel to be a step forward instead of a step backwards.

Hotsuma
May 19, 2006, 03:11 AM
Lol... that's all I have to say "Lol." But yeah I just wanted to add my 2 cents... I'm gonna play the game regardless because it's a MAJOR improvement from PSO and i loved PSO, if I didn't I wouldn't have even joined PSO-World(no offense, me loves PSOW best site for PSO/PSU). Only thing that disappointed me was the lack of online international play, despite the negetives some people find in international play(which you'll find in non-international as well) it's a great experience when you can play with others around the world. So that is my only thumbs down that I can give. Other than that I really don't think the game deserves to be bashed, because regardless it's gonna be a MUCH better game than PSO, and we all played PSO for a very LONG time and we were kepted entertained, so... what does that tell us about PSU? All I have to say is... Enjoy it, don't stress, just enjoy it. Sorry if I'm being redundant just wanted to add my thoughts on the subject. ^-^;

Nika
May 19, 2006, 03:40 AM
Actually, it isn't hard to make 2~3 server around the world to join together. However, they just afraid that some hackers from other countries ruin their JP utopia system(lol^^)

Nika
May 19, 2006, 03:53 AM
One more thing, it would be great !! if anyone here can translate this all post into JP form. and then post it in the ST offical site to warn them. The game haven't come out,so some thing can be changed ery easy. unless they will lose many customer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-05-19 01:54 ]</font>

kazuma56
May 19, 2006, 11:04 AM

This is the one argument that i'm really not understanding at the moment.

In PSO, MANY people thought RAmar was a "worthless" class compared to the ramarl because the RAmar had a "menial" ata boost over her (which is what they are supposed to be the BEST at mind you), the atp differences were NOT seen unless the RAmar was in a party, and most believed that his DFP and EVP compared to the ramarls was also pointless.

So where was this "unique" play form in PSO? Females had the ability to use ALL the techniques the males had but lvl 20, females had far better equip choices (spanning all the PSOs) and a RAmarl using a vivienne > a Ramar using a Twin blaze (far better atp and better atp variant). In PSO, every character just aspired to be like a force, just with the added benefit of their classes "strengths", hence why every "completed" character would always have a jellen/zalure s-rank weapon (those that can't/don't have that technique).

As for the class/race presets, as I've said countless times, can you GIVE me a clear reason as to why their are "job" levels? I heard that people in the beta couldn't/didn't have access to certain weapon "tiers" because they were not at a certain job level, who's to say that a Ranger at job level 18 wouldn't gain access to be able to dual wield or use some better hunter weaponry? likewise for a force. I mean there are only (give or take) 5-6 different weapon available for each class? which would mean leveling a job past level 6 would be pointless because you would have the ability to use all the weapon a class provides.

Even Males/Females of every race swing their weapons, shoot their guns and casts their spells exactly the same!

I see this as a plus, there were far to many stupid "females use this better then males" and vise-versa topics, sure it's good in a sense, but at least it means that guys will also have no reason to choose a female because they "like" how the attack.

endgame will probably offer some godly units.

Just a thought, but since can switch jobs whenever we want, I can tell you right now that ST will probably make job specific gear for endgame... so you want that "uber" unit that increases magic casting speed and doubles dmg dealt when casting magic/skills, you'll have to reach a job level of 20 force before you can use it.

As for "uniquesness" in this game, as i've stated in a previous thread, whats the difference in FFXI when you play a mithra war/nin compared to a elvaan war/nin? Stats, and that is it, they both can equip the same stuff but one will just hit more often then the other.

And in WoW, there is NO difference between races besides racial traits and class choices, a NE warrior has the same stats as a Hunter NE, the difference only becomes appearant through the equips available to each class.

In short, don't knock on PSU for having "less" customization/uniqueness then other games, because there are still questions that haven't been answered as to how the job and character system actually work.

Polly
May 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
Imagine playing FFVII and having Cloud Tifa Vincent Barret Cid etc. all having the exact same abilites, wouldnt be very fun now would it?

What the hell color is the sky in the world you live in? That comparison fails because THEY DO HAVE ALL THE SAME ABILITIES DUE TO FREAKIN MATERIA. They all have the same commands and the same shitty attack animations that do the same damage. It's the same. Jesus, you've been entertaining all throughout this thread but I think we've reached the peak of this mountain of DURDURDURP!

Kyuu
May 19, 2006, 02:24 PM
What the hell color is the sky in the world you live in? That comparison fails because THEY DO HAVE ALL THE SAME ABILITIES DUE TO FREAKIN MATERIA. They all have the same commands and the same shitty attack animations that do the same damage. It's the same. Jesus, you've been entertaining all throughout this thread but I think we've reached the peak of this mountain of DURDURDURP!Well, I dunno about you, but every time I play FFVII (and I've played it quite a few times, mind you... I even started up another game of it not too long ago) it sure looked like their attack animations were different. It doesn't look the same to me when Cloud slashes his giant sword as when Barret shoots his arm-gun or Tifa does her punch-kick combination. Also, they sure as hell do not do the same damage. Generally, with the way I play Cloud does insane damage with his attacks, while Aerith (or whoever I pick to replace her after Disc 1) kills everything with some ungodly magic damage (and keeps them alive through some healing), while the third party member is usually either a balance (Red XIII) or more attack damage (Yuffie/Tifa/Vincent).

Although I do see where you're coming from, but FFVII's combat system was a modified turn-based system, and an action-based system such as PSU should be FAR more varied and compelling.

Edit: And I'm not saying it's NOT more varied and compelling. However, valid complaints and suggestions given as to how it might be even better should not be shot down with exclamations of "ZOMG PSU IS PEHRFECT ALREADY OMG I HAET U!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-19 21:31 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
May 19, 2006, 08:29 PM
You know seems that they are still batshit crazy, but they are making progress, and as for those feautres left out, I see them as a bargaining chip for the next episode they make for the 360 and PS3. Tis a mixed bag.
Good he's forcing you to do offline first to give you goodies. must piss developer when the thing is only half relaized

Nika
May 19, 2006, 11:18 PM
FFVII have different attack animation ,because they all use different weapon(and that is the only choice)
Compare to this game, if you use different weapon ,the attack animation is different too(and also give you more choices to use varie weapons)
If you want to compare to other big MMORPG game,then compare to RO and FFXI. these 2 game have a same attack animation too (and much more worse action than PSU give) PSU action is already very cool!!

physic
May 20, 2006, 12:54 AM
in this game weapon use effects its skill level, depending how this is implemented, it might make people focus on a few weapons, thus making charachters sort of different. For example if it was very time consuming or difficult to level weapons, people might focus on particular weapons. We have yet to see how many of teh details of this game pan out, really we only have an idea what teh game is like at a low level, similar to say if you only played through caves on pso 1. you really couldnt speak on grants shifta, most units, special units, specials on weapons, effectiveness, some weapons arent available. Basically its a bit early to be sure about game play, its fine to raise concerns, although at this point, i doubt they are going to change or add anything.
The interview did make some assertions about other things which are not as subjective. the only bit i can think of that might relate to gameplay is
"There are also job levels, which will go up to level 20 and be separate from your actual character level, meaning there are two separate types of leveling in Phantasy Star Universe."
that seems pretty low to me. I dont remember if beta testers said they were limited at 20 or 10, but either way, i think most of yall achieved that in like 2 weeks. As well it seemed to be pretty limited in what was available to you, seems there should be a lot more room for growth

Alisha
May 20, 2006, 02:09 AM
On 2006-05-19 21:18, Nika wrote:
FFVII have different attack animation ,because they all use different weapon(and that is the only choice)
Compare to this game, if you use different weapon ,the attack animation is different too(and also give you more choices to use varie weapons)
If you want to compare to other big MMORPG game,then compare to RO and FFXI. these 2 game have a same attack animation too (and much more worse action than PSU give) PSU action is already very cool!!

in ffxi every race/sex has different animations except tarutaru imo this is inexcusable in psu,and makes me wonder if online mode was originally just an afterthought to the offline mode

Ryudo
May 20, 2006, 04:29 AM
On 2006-05-19 21:18, Nika wrote:

What? Don't post things you dont know about ~_~
all the races/classes/sexes in both RO and FFXI have unique animations, there's no way for RO to NOT have unique animations as it's srite driven and each class has unique sprites which is a HELL of a lot more work to do animations for compared to a 3d game

physic
May 20, 2006, 05:43 AM
they were talking about fvii actually, even though that has different weaps and animations per characheter

Authenticate
May 20, 2006, 05:52 AM
in ffxi every race/sex has different animations except tarutaru imo this is inexcusable in psu,and makes me wonder if online mode was originally just an afterthought to the offline mode

FFXI also had a boring battle system. I leveled my RDM to 73 while half asleep or watching TV most of the time. Only time I had to actually concentrate was during the Matt fight.

Really guys, is it that bad that the animations look the same? Different animations would only be a novelty that would entertain a few people for 10-15 minutes. There are better things they can be working on, in my oppinion.

PhotonCat
May 20, 2006, 07:31 PM
I think it's dumb that all the races/genders stand/attack/walk the same way. It is unacceptible...
Most other MMOs have uniqueness to each race/gender, except for EQ2.... That's just lazy in my eyes.

HiKeRI
May 20, 2006, 09:57 PM
On 2006-05-20 03:52, Authenticate wrote:

FFXI also had a boring battle system. I leveled my RDM to 73 while half asleep or watching TV most of the time. Only time I had to actually concentrate was during the Matt fight.

Really guys, is it that bad that the animations look the same? Different animations would only be a novelty that would entertain a few people for 10-15 minutes. There are better things they can be working on, in my oppinion.

"FFXI also had a boring battle system. I leveled my RDM to 73" Thats where your boredom came buddy, you leveled a non-melee type job that is used to 4 things, Refresh, Heal, Debuff, Nuke... FFXI didnt had a boring battle system because it was something more focused than just smack things up rather then just use your job abilities to kill the target right... never compare PSU with FFXI or WoW people... and yeah they all race/sex in FFXI had diff. animation...

Witchblade56
May 21, 2006, 06:21 AM
Cripes I'd have to agree with Parn/shivore and I'm only on page freakin 3 of this thread -_-

Seriously? The features that have been shown on other threads have me excited about the game.

Wavey
May 21, 2006, 07:19 AM
I just don't understand why people are getting worked up about movement and attack animations. Jesus people can you not focus on something more worthwhile.

Witchblade56
May 21, 2006, 07:21 AM
LOL mister RDM73 go level NIN or PLD or something like a tank job then you'll be having to pay attention. If you dont count shadows on NIN very well or not at all = dead NIN tank. NIN werent supposed to tank blah blah blah. Yes it annoys me to think that i may be a cookie cutter copy of another person in game. Think though that if yer character/toon has more options for customization later in levels you can bet there will be people that wont fully actualize the potential for certain customization sets. All too often ive seen people who play NIN purchase unji/unsho and not understand that there -IS- an entire build to that pair katana. Two to three days later i've gotten tells of "These things suck etc etc." In short I believe there are aspects to PSU that remain hereto unforseen until people get to the end game [ultimate] portion of the game. People are bitching that Lv20 is too low or not enough levels. Have you completely forgotten that you can -CHANGE- jobs without having to make a new character? Have you considered that your characters -will- level independently of the resective job class they are in? Has anyone considered that there may be inherent bonuses to a higher level character playing a Lv20 job?

People will always have a subjective opinion on a given item/food/video game. So be it. I'm going to be reserving the game at the first possible chance it becomes an option. I'm not going to gripe about something until -AFTER- ive leveled every possible job class i can in PSU. Then and only then will i start to pick it apart. Actually no i wont pick it apart. I plan to enjoy every minute of it.

Peace and green lights to those of you that continue with this debate. May it satisfy all your pre-game anxieties.

Parn
May 21, 2006, 09:06 AM
On 2006-05-20 17:31, PhotonCat wrote:
It is unacceptible...
When you say "unacceptible" (by the way, it's unacceptable), do you mean to say that since the game isn't up to your highness' standards, you're not going to get the game?

DizzyDi
May 21, 2006, 09:27 AM
Wow people are so damn nitpicky.
So what if they all attack the same?
Are you gunna sit there and actually pay THAT much attention to your party member's attack animations?
Is it really gunna annoy you SO MUCH that you can't enjoy the game?
Hay hay, heres an idea.
Stop expecting perfection for PSU from ST.
Be glad that they're even releasing this game.
Yes, the game does have its flaws, but what game doesn't?
Get over it, either you buy or don't.

Roffkaiser
May 21, 2006, 09:47 AM
The animations really don't matter as much as the core gameplay which compared to alternative styles like WoW etc, it is pretty dang solid, you actually do something rather than press macro 6 and sit back.

Rihcky
May 21, 2006, 10:04 AM
When I played PSO on the GC it was far from perfect. The graphics were horrible, the gameplay was limited, you would get FSOD all the time, eveybody looked the same, etc.
It was a lot worse than just some animations being the same.

Did it stop the game from being fun? No. Greatest online game I've played hands down.

Saner
May 21, 2006, 10:20 AM
PSU improves upon the PSO formula in many ways and some people still complain.

Not very logical. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

shinobu_seta
May 21, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-05-21 08:20, Saner wrote:
PSU improves upon the PSO formula in many ways and some people still complain.

Not very logical. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

People just expect a lot from the brand name Phantasy Star. But we know from experience from the past few years that ST isn't exactly the greatest company to deliver anymore.

I don't mean to flame or challenge you, but people just have really high standards to please for this game. It seems the only standard you've set for the game is that it be Phantasy Star. That's good enough for the hardcore fans, but not good enough for all.

Some people are just looking for a new online experience and in a market of Wow's and FFXI's I don't know if they'll be commiting to PSU for the long term (as it stands now anyway). For one thing, those other companies actually HAVE customer support.

From what I've read, the only major improvements this game has over PSO are all cosmetic.

Thank you PSOW for the great interview. I really enjoyed the read and it was a great honor for him to sit with us and answer questions. I just wish he had been pressed harder on some issues, like the race/job system thing.

Kyuu
May 21, 2006, 04:23 PM
*points to Shinobu_seta's post above* What she said. =)

Although, saying that WoW actually has customer support may be stretching the truth just a tad...

Roffkaiser
May 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
At least it isn't SOE who basically uses the customer support service to find out who to black list for saying their games aren't perfect.

physic
May 21, 2006, 04:38 PM
some people just say jsut be glad they give you the game, others say I demand high quality. i guess its a mtter of perspective.
I think people are just talking about simple things that may have added to the game. depending how much new stuff teh game has some qualms may disapear. Also keep in mind psu promised a great many things, and is suposed to be an improvement over pso. i remember saying the combos are suposed to be able to go up to 7 or something, if that doesnt occur thats basically a lie they said back in the day

HiKeRI
May 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
For me aslong as they add lots of types of weapons, lots of clothes, and do more than just 3 combos and not all but some nice ppl, it'll be as addictive as old PSO's i have played and ill be smaking things all days like ol times so i dont mind if it dont offer more than many people expect they do

Sabreman
May 21, 2006, 06:23 PM
Especially disappointed about the C-Mode news. After the fun and discovery of beating PSO a few times normally, C-Mode is what kept the game alive for me and sealed it's status as a genuine classic. Hopefully they'll come to their senses and add it further along the line. I don't mind waiting for it because I'll be quite happy to explore the normal game fully for a while. I just hope that it turns up eventually.

ShinMaruku
May 22, 2006, 08:36 PM
Also Sonic Team's hsotry ain't been too bright latly, thus I',m still watching this game.. Can't trust them yet...