PDA

View Full Version : 360 controlers

Nuclearranger
May 17, 2006, 10:40 PM
can i get the drivers from someone or link me there... i cant find them.

Alexandrious
May 17, 2006, 10:45 PM
The official drivers or the specially made ones that are used to map the keys alot easier?

Edit: Tryin to find the drivers for you now. Heh not being easy, im turning the Microsoft site upside down and not seeing it anywhere, even googled it. hmm.

Ok according to what I keep readin. If you just plug the controller USB into a usb slot, windows should automatically detect it and install the driver for you. Have you at least tried that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-17 20:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-17 20:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-17 20:51 ]</font>

jaycougar
May 17, 2006, 11:33 PM
They come with the controller correct anyways?

Alexandrious
May 17, 2006, 11:46 PM
If you buy the controller with the driver installation discs included yes. But if your using one bought along with a game system, or just normally bought for the 360 in mind. *hence it would not be named Xbox 360 Controller for Windows which then it would include the driver installation disc* then it wont have the driver disc included far as I can tell.

If you plug the controller into the PC, it should have the computer, long as it has Windows XP on it, start up the installation of the drivers automatically, and download it online automatically. If it doesnt, well, good luck finding the driver installation online, I looked everywhere, read some reviews and alot of people said its a real PAIN to find on the microsoft site.

Its their on the microsoft site for sure, but its somewhere hidden lol. Cant find it anywhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-17 21:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-17 21:48 ]</font>

Kyuu
May 17, 2006, 11:50 PM
Having just bought the XBox 360 controller for Windows, I can help out a little here.

It certainly is a bit tricky finding the driver downloads, but just go here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx

Just use the click-down menus to select Gaming->XBox 360 Controller for Windows->Windows XP->English (or whatever language you prefer, of course =P).

Ancient
May 18, 2006, 12:19 AM
Supposedly M$ has a dongle coming out that will allow your computer to use the Wireless 360 controllers as well. Awsome! It would be even better if M$ made that compatibility for all its first party controllers, like the soon-to-be-released wireless stearing wheel. It would certainly cut back on buying redundant game controllers.