PDA

View Full Version : Miyoshi-san said the PS2, PC, 360 servers decision to be lin

bstm300
May 17, 2006, 11:05 PM
In your opinion, should the servers be linked?

HiKeRI
May 17, 2006, 11:20 PM
Yes, it should be... like come on, we all have fun playing with different players, and what if mostly everyone will play more to one system then the other like about... Xbox360 im very sure its gonna be packed, Ps2 could be less people and mostly all will prolly be on PC.

SephYuyX
May 17, 2006, 11:21 PM
Id prefer them seperate. 3 platforms (and possibly JP) is a lot of people. That means server congestion, a lot of the rare items floating around, and console gamers are usually more annoying than PC gamers.

Smaller economies always seem to turn out better as well.

bstm300
May 17, 2006, 11:31 PM
wow keep your personal opinions to yourself please. PC gamers can be just as annoying as console gamers - cough counter-strike cough- Anyways I'm not sure why people keep posting their console hating opinions. Your prejudice towards console gaming is in no way grounded so please reconsider your ignorant claims.

NiuBalkrye
May 17, 2006, 11:32 PM
Voted Yes for linked servers. I'm planning on getting it for the PC, while my friends are getting it for the PS2. After having to buy all that gear for the Gamecube to play Ep1 and 2 online, and now having it just sit around and taking up space; I'm being stubborn and refusing to repeat that with PSU. At least with the PC version, I'll already have everything I need, and will still be able to use it when I'm not playing PSU.

We've been looking forward to this game for ages, so not being able to play it together'd be awful.

Aoi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiuBalkrye on 2006-05-17 21:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiuBalkrye on 2006-05-17 21:36 ]</font>

SephYuyX
May 17, 2006, 11:40 PM
On 2006-05-17 21:31, bstm300 wrote:
wow keep your personal opinions to yourself please. PC gamers can be just as annoying as console gamers - cough counter-strike cough- Anyways I'm not sure why people keep posting their console hating opinions. Your prejudice towards console gaming is in no way grounded so please reconsider your ignorant claims.

Im pretty sure personal opinions are what make these boards and the internet active. People post about about which system they prefer, or whether or not they want to play online vs offline first, what types of statements are those?

Considering its been proven that younger gamers play on console rather than PC, would be good grounds for stating as such. ex. NA PS2 ruined FFXI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-05-17 21:43 ]</font>

bstm300
May 17, 2006, 11:45 PM
For your information Sephiroth I encountered as many immature people on Counter-strike Source (Note: a PC game) as I did with Phantasy Star Online Xbox version whether they be young or old. Yes I acknowledge the PSO Xbox version did have a larger younger crowd but the PC crowd was just as immature, if not worse. On counter-strike I encountered verbal abuse, racism, blatant abuse of admin capabilities in servers, and cheating (much worse than PSO). Also Counter-strike Source has voice chat just like PSO Xbox does so the comparison is made that much easier. Anyone who says console players are worse than PC, as I said above, has no grounds to say so.

bstm300
May 17, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-05-17 21:40, SephirothYuyX wrote:

Im pretty sure personal opinions are what make these boards and the internet active. People post about about which system they prefer, or whether or not they want to play online vs offline first, what types of statements are those?

Considering its been proven that younger gamers play on console rather than PC, would be good grounds for stating as such. ex. NA PS2 ruined FFXI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-05-17 21:43 ]</font>
[/quote]

Maybe you should reconsider your statements. Often personal opinion turns into flaming or spamming, which is not allowed on websites like these

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bstm300 on 2006-05-17 21:53 ]</font>

RoninJoku
May 17, 2006, 11:54 PM
@bstm: I really loved how you told him to keep his opinion to himself, than called him ignorant while voicing your own opinions on the matter... Isn't the purpsoe of making a topic like this to hear other people's opinions? And in this case, you might as well just take the "no" answers off of your poll... Seriously, opinions are opinions... If we all agreed, the world would be pretty damn boring! (imo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

Anyway... I think that the servers should be linked just so there is a large community... but then again, I would hope for the Xboxers sake, that they are not... So that they may see any unique features they may have coming for them... But of course, that could also mean less updates, and actually missing out on content... So yea, I vote yes...

SephYuyX
May 17, 2006, 11:55 PM
Counter stike is a free online game, and old, making it cheap, thusly making it more widely available (UT2k3/4, Halo PC also for ex). They all attract immature people, shooters do in general as they take little skill and provide fast and quick action and satisfaction (and yeah ive played all of those games so ive seen it). And dont get me started on voice ingame, that just brings out a whole other level of idiocy.

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 12:01 AM
Oh yes, lets not link servers and make the server population smaller then its already going to be. n00bs will go everywhere despite platform and region.. grow a pair and play with them so they actually improve.. or just avoid them.

HiKeRI
May 18, 2006, 12:18 AM
They should link servers, but have a Xbox Only server Ps2 & PC, and you need to purchase a time pass(meseta not real money) to meet your friends etc that could work out great so that can take off the noobs as for jp ppl they like to play together not much with NA's or such but you joining them learning from them will be interesting, it will make it have a smaller comunity but giving you the chance to play with your friends, wouldn't that be a good idea??

hypersaxon
May 18, 2006, 12:29 AM
Definitely link the servers. More people to play with = more fun in the long run. It's like comparing the FFXI closed beta on 360 with the retail version: it's a million times better when you have cross-platforming.

If 360 gamers want to chat with PS2 and PC gamers, all they gotta do is plug in a USB keyboard. And chances are, they already bought one for FFXI so they can use it for PSU as well when that comes out. And then all the 360 gamers can chat with each other with their mics while in a party together if they choose. It would work out great, hope Sonic Team decides to go cross-platform.

NightHour13
May 18, 2006, 12:34 AM
The only reason why i'd suggest against an entire link is because of huge lag and other technical stuff. It'll cause hell for the servers and congest stuff up quite badly. Language differences usually don't help either because people want to just type stuff immediatly, not select a bunch of preset things first.

hypersaxon
May 18, 2006, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I say just link all the consoles for each region. I always hate trying to party with people who I can't understand lol

HiKeRI
May 18, 2006, 12:54 AM
They could always do that FFXI comunicative thing that you press TAB and choose an sentance to comunicate with other kinds of people called Auto-Translate Func. as for people i know on FFXI some of my friends pulled of that he can now just chat to any JP and what he types on JP's can understand perfectly what he is saying, but i dont know if SEGA can pull that off... lol

bstm300
May 18, 2006, 12:59 AM
I agree with you hypersaxon with specific region linking. Wow, I would love to play with PC and PS2 people so we can fill up those 1000 man lobbies (crazyness!!!). By the way, I'm 18 so I won't be adding to the annoying crowd of 12 year olds. You know, there is a simple solution for getting rid of the young crowd, make the game mature. The game would definitely have to be more violent though for it to achieve mature. The older crowd can be just as bad as the young crowd as well (remember the guys playing the annoying rap music)

Polly
May 18, 2006, 01:14 AM
You know, there is a simple solution for getting rid of the young crowd, make the game mature. The game would definitely have to be more violent though for it to achieve mature.

Cause being an "M" rated game surely keeps Grand Theft Auto out of the hands of 12 year olds. Better re-think that one, scooter.

Ether
May 18, 2006, 01:18 AM
On 2006-05-17 22:59, bstm300 wrote:
You know, there is a simple solution for getting rid of the young crowd, make the game mature

Just like making version 2 on pay to play got rid of all the "annoying kids who couldnt pay for it"

On topic I would rather the servers be linked, as long as there is no voice chat. The 360 version isn't going to sell that well to anyone who has friends that have the PC/PS2 versions

HiKeRI
May 18, 2006, 01:33 AM
On this world of gaming there exist the Freakish, Weird, Cool, Mature and imature people having kids around do not bothers me aslong as they dont go all noob on me asking ignorant questiong or the old school Q "Can i have meseta?" " PLZZZ!! im new i need meseta" etc while following you around...

chibiLegolas
May 18, 2006, 01:59 AM
For the love of god, please link all the servers together!
PS2, PC, 360, and the international crowd as well!
(but the interview pretty much stomped the international servers idea. *sigh*)

I really miss the old DC days were I can stay up to 6am and still find an over abundant amount of ppl to play with. Just switch over to the European and JP servers.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
The language barrier doesn't bother me at all. Good mannered players will still be good players. Your actions speak louder than words anyways in this action/rpg type game.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I'd just love to have the OPTION of playing with ALL of PSU players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-05-18 00:02 ]</font>

Rihcky
May 18, 2006, 02:55 AM
Link them.

Sure, the first year will be crowded maybe. But indeed, we'll be enjoying a busy community for years to come.

Fleece
May 18, 2006, 03:36 AM
I think xbox should be linked, shame about we wont get voice chat on PC (sarcasm). Xbox should be linked because of all those people who will be getting 'next gen' will be able to play with us. Sham about loss of jp links

BulletTooth
May 18, 2006, 06:48 AM
NO

As an Xbox LIVE user since the first day it was released. I learned first hand that game developers who try to impliment the same online modes for Xbox LIVE that it implimented for the other platforms FAIL MISERABLY! I have witnessed it hundreds of times.......YES HUNDREDS. If a game is to succeed in the LIVE community, it's onine portion has to be built from the ground up to utilize the amazing amount of capabilities it holds. Us LIVE users know what LIVE can do and do not take it lightly at all. Games that utilize LIVE are massiviley successfull ie. Ghost Recon, Project Gotham Racing.

If Sega was to implement the same abilities on LIVE that it did for the PC or PS2, and just add voice, it would fail. It is that simple. When you get on LIVE and fully understand what it has to offer, you will understand.

I love PSO. It is my favorite game of all time. I don't want it to fail on any platform.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulletTooth on 2006-05-18 04:53 ]</font>

RFB
May 18, 2006, 07:15 AM
On 2006-05-18 04:48, BulletTooth wrote:
When you get on LIVE and fully understand what it has to offer, you will understand.

Well, I've played in LIVE a buncha times, and the friend that owns the 360 I've used to play on LIVE those buncha times is, of course, an active LIVE player. And guess what. We're both rooting for linking between 360 and PC/PS2.

And we both fully understand what it offers. And we still are hoping that SEGA links 360 with PC/PS2.

zandra117
May 18, 2006, 07:51 AM
After thinking about it I would actually prefer for the xbox360 servers to be seperate from the rest because even though ffxi has linked servers you cannot use voice chat in it unless you do 1 on 1 chat. Also If the servers are linked and they allow open voice chat then the majority of people will not be using the voice chat feature. If you have ever played psox you will know how annoying it is playing with people that are not using their mic. I would rather have all the xbox360 people be on a server by themselves so everyone is able to communicate without problems.

Fleece
May 18, 2006, 09:34 AM
So BulletTooth you'd rather have Fulll xbox live features than a thriving multi platform community?

Saner
May 18, 2006, 09:43 AM
Xbox360 has USB ports for keyboards. there are Live Gold users that use keyboard. of course, keyboard is not effective in games like first person shooters, only for sending mail. but it would be perfect for this type of game.

I don't mind Xbxo360 being linked. Better than linking US with Japanese servers.

It's much harder to get along due to the language difference.

US PC, PS2 and Xbox360 have their good and bad people, but that's life.

bstm300
May 18, 2006, 10:01 AM
We could easily unplug our microphone and use our usb keyboard on the 360 if we were playing with PS2, PC people. Linking regions isn't a big issue, anyways. I think the big issue would be the international link, so I'm all for region linking.

Bastille
May 18, 2006, 10:36 AM
I am sure they have reasons for not wanting to link the servers together, otherwise they wouldn't bother trying to separate them

Alisha
May 18, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-05-18 04:48, BulletTooth wrote:
NO

As an Xbox LIVE user since the first day it was released. I learned first hand that game developers who try to impliment the same online modes for Xbox LIVE that it implimented for the other platforms FAIL MISERABLY! I have witnessed it hundreds of times.......YES HUNDREDS. If a game is to succeed in the LIVE community, it's onine portion has to be built from the ground up to utilize the amazing amount of capabilities it holds. Us LIVE users know what LIVE can do and do not take it lightly at all. Games that utilize LIVE are massiviley successfull ie. Ghost Recon, Project Gotham Racing.

If Sega was to implement the same abilities on LIVE that it did for the PC or PS2, and just add voice, it would fail. It is that simple. When you get on LIVE and fully understand what it has to offer, you will understand.

I love PSO. It is my favorite game of all time. I don't want it to fail on any platform.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulletTooth on 2006-05-18 04:53 ]</font>

no offence....xboxlive is nice and all but its not worth paying $10 a month for

Rihcky
May 18, 2006, 01:10 PM
It only costs $5 a month.....

I dont think LIVE is that great though. I don't even have it right now, Ill subscribe once PSU is out.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 01:42 PM
On 2006-05-18 11:10, Rihcky wrote:

I dont think LIVE is that great though. I don't even have it right now, Ill subscribe once PSU is out.

I know X360 people who are already upset of paying a FF11 fee on top of the Live Gold fee.

maybe you can just have a free Silver Account and still pay the PSU fee to pay online?

anyways we shouldnt stereotype how Xbox360 players are like compared to PC players and PS2.

But I do know all versions would benefit if all 3 systems are linked.
This game is really best played with keyboard. most Xbox360 users will use voice chat
but Im sure many of them would be convinced to use a keyboard also since they'll need it to communicate with everyone else.

but you know, I have been thinking about Xbox Live's worldwide network and that includes Japanese Xbox360 owners, how would that work when they said regional servers won't be linked?

so maybe they are looking into the possibilities, but there may be a chance Xbox360 will not be linked.

well either way, the North American PS2 + PC community will be very strong and happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

oh ya does our region include U.K. players too? it usually does. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DjDragoon
May 18, 2006, 01:51 PM
I really hope not. That would make things really complicated in terms of content being released.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 02:04 PM
ya if it complicates matters they might as well keep Xbox360 separate.

Tystys
May 18, 2006, 02:18 PM
I hope it's linked. That way, me and my friends can play....quite a few of them have the 360

Alisha
May 18, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-05-18 11:42, Saner wrote:

On 2006-05-18 11:10, Rihcky wrote:

I know X360 people who are already upset of paying a FF11 fee on top of the Live Gold fee.

maybe you can just have a free Silver Account and still pay the PSU fee to pay online?

anyways we shouldnt stereotype how Xbox360 players are like compared to PC players and PS2.

But I do know all versions would benefit if all 3 systems are linked.
This game is really best played with keyboard. most Xbox360 users will use voice chat
but Im sure many of them would be convinced to use a keyboard also since they'll need it to communicate with everyone else.

but you know, I have been thinking about Xbox Live's worldwide network and that includes Japanese Xbox360 owners, how would that work when they said regional servers won't be linked?

so maybe they are looking into the possibilities, but there may be a chance Xbox360 will not be linked.

well either way, the North American PS2 + PC community will be very strong and happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

oh ya does our region include U.K. players too? it usually does. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

ffxi uses xbox live silver

Saner
May 18, 2006, 03:09 PM
ffxi uses xbox live silver

oh thanks then it all makes sense now.

that sounds fair.

BulletTooth
May 18, 2006, 07:50 PM
On 2006-05-18 07:34, Fleece wrote:
So BulletTooth you'd rather have Fulll xbox live features than a thriving multi platform community?

Our community is in the millions. Microsoft has announced that by next E3, they will be announing over 10 million subscribers. We are not lacking for people.

I have said many times, that it would be cool if everyone could play together, but NOT AT THE EXPENSE of having a sub par online experiance. Believe me, we all will not be lacking for people to play with.

Having content and updates that are catered specific to the LIVE experiance or the PC/PS2 capabilities is by far the best possible senario.

bstm300
May 19, 2006, 10:39 AM
LONG LIVE PC, PS2, and 360 server linkage in the U.S. Region!!!! lolz

Oji_Retta
May 19, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-05-18 17:50, BulletTooth wrote:

On 2006-05-18 07:34, Fleece wrote:

Our community is in the millions. Microsoft has announced that by next E3, they will be announing over 10 million subscribers. We are not lacking for people.

I have said many times, that it would be cool if everyone could play together, but NOT AT THE EXPENSE of having a sub par online experiance. Believe me, we all will not be lacking for people to play with.

Having content and updates that are catered specific to the LIVE experiance or the PC/PS2 capabilities is by far the best possible senario.

When people talk of the community on the box, they are not talking about the live ommunity, but the phantasy star community on the box/live.

bstm300
May 19, 2006, 10:54 AM
Quote: When people talk of the community on the box, they are not talking about the live ommunity, but the phantasy star community on the box/live.

Yes but assuming the Xbox live community as whole is already large, then we can logically deduce that the PSU Live user base will be large as well. This may not happen, granted, but it is an assumption one can make.

Magician
May 19, 2006, 11:02 AM
I hope they are not linked.

Yes, it would be nice to connect with friends across multiple platforms, but I don't want to ask "hey, where's your mic" everytime I bump into a PS2/PC user. Type a response? What? To **** with that; talk to me.
Keep the speakable and non-speakable players seperate I say.

bstm300
May 19, 2006, 11:11 AM
Your reasons aren't solid magican. Us 360 users could just take a usb keyboard instead of using a mic with those users, as I suggested earlier. I don't think anyone has come up with valid reasons for seperating the different console versions in the U.S. region yet. The community would be much larger and the game would be more entertaining to play.

-Crokar-
May 19, 2006, 11:12 AM
i think 360 version will sell very well because alot of people dont have a ps2 and there computer sucs too much to play on it. linked servers id say no i perfer to be able to talk verbally with everyone than have to read everything said by a bunch of people. i could never stand playin ffxi because of all the people typing at once its hard to keep up with

bstm300
May 19, 2006, 11:15 AM
Omg people, I know its a difficult concept to imagine. Talking on the mic while typing at the same time *Gasps heard in the audience* I know its a crazy idea isn't it. It sounds like people on this forum are mentally challenged or mentally incapacited by having to type and talk at the same time, lol (I'm just exaggerating though, don't take what I say seriously plz).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bstm300 on 2006-05-19 09:16 ]</font>

zandra117
May 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
On 2006-05-19 09:02, Magician wrote:

Yes, it would be nice to connect with friends across multiple platforms, but I don't want to ask "hey, where's your mic" everytime I bump into a PS2/PC user. Type a response? What? To **** with that; talk to me.

Thats exactly what I say too. It is annoying when you run into a person with no mic on psox. Especially when you are trying to complete a quest secret then they mess everything up because they cant hear you warning them about the traps in the next room and by the time you type the warning in on the keyboard they are already dead. I seriously have no idea how GC players make it through C-Mode without voice chatting on some kind of other chat program.

bstm300
May 19, 2006, 11:19 AM
Hmm just avoid playing with people with no mics- that is why the friends list exists so you can play with people you like.

Fleece
May 19, 2006, 11:49 AM
If you have a mic and talk i can talk back with the KB, unless your blind........Or illiterate.

I don't want a mic as my Mum said to never to talk to strange Xbox people.
Also someone saying "Screw having a mic!" Maybe they're offended because their mute and your mocking them by saying they're dumb for not talking.

Alexandrious
May 19, 2006, 11:52 AM
On 2006-05-19 09:18, zandra117 wrote:

On 2006-05-19 09:02, Magician wrote:

Thats exactly what I say too. It is annoying when you run into a person with no mic on psox. Especially when you are trying to complete a quest secret then they mess everything up because they cant hear you warning them about the traps in the next room and by the time you type the warning in on the keyboard they are already dead. I seriously have no idea how GC players make it through C-Mode without voice chatting on some kind of other chat program.

Simple, by looking at guides, having an experianced person TYPE OUT the dangers of an area before moving onto it, and TYPING OUT an explanation on how to deal with everything.

Its not hard to type out "Stop" even if you have a low 60 words per minute typing speed. We didnt had the oh so precious voicechat 7 years ago during my Everquest days I dont think, nor did I hear anything bout it during my FFXI release days. Was only until EQ2 did I learn that guilds liked to use Voicechat.

Voicechat to me, is a luxuary, a luxuary thats often misused and thus, turns me off from using it. Want to know why? No I wont blame kiddies, cuz ive seen players who were 18-40 years old who would say things and create jokes that was so foul, so disgusting, that sometimes Id lose my appetite, my ears would bleed, and id be ashamed.

Sadly during my EQ2 days, that was the voicechat I often had and the guild I was in was the top of the server. So I couldnt leave it due to that.

Imho, voicechat isnt needed. Just learn to type fast, if someone inexperianced screws up so what? They didnt know, they will know the next time, its your fault for not telling them of a particular room or how to deal with certain things before entering the mission. Some people dont want to do voicechat cuz their shy, some people dont want to do it cuz they dont wanna hear your voice or anyones voice during play. Some people, like me, dont wanna have to endure listening to crude awful jokes, potty humor, spongebob jokes, CHUCK NORRIS SAYINGS VIN DIESEL SAYINGS. So basically if I found anyone forcing me or a friend to use a mic or dont join their game? They get

A. Listed as a poor player with a bad attitude by me
B. Wont ever play with them again and exclude them from ever joining my games.
C. Listed as a n00b.
End of story, period.

Thank god I belong to a large team going to PSU, cuz of that I wont have to put up with the teamchat l33t speak garbage.

Oh and before I forget, spare me the "Not everyone is a immature person who misuses teamspeak, alot of people are mature who wants to play with other mic using people to talk so they wont have to use a keyboard" oh please, if they were mature, they would respect the players descision to not use a mic, and would deal with it. Singling out a person who doesnt use a mic sounds like a couple 8 year olds not letting little Timmy into their tree-house cuz he wears glasses.

I dont care how slow your typing speed is. Its not hard enough to say STOP if you know of a danger in the next room you THINK the other person does not know about. Furthermore, my 15 year old sister? Her typing speed was 30 words per minute, so she took, 2 typist classes, just TWO typist classes. And her typing speed went up from 30 words per min with 80 accuracy, to 95 words per minute with 90 accuracy. Getting an education sure is handy isnt it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-19 10:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious on 2006-05-19 10:46 ]</font>

bstm300
May 19, 2006, 11:42 PM
I think your getting way too obsessed man. If you dont want to use voice chat dont use it, its that simple. No one needs a four page dicertation, thank you

ANIMEniac
May 20, 2006, 05:06 AM
so i say YES!!! to the whole ordeal. but here ore some things that could be done to make others happy

-have PSU have its own voice chat so if u do have a mice on your comp u can talke to ps2 and x-box (unlikely)
-for those who dont want anything to do with beggar noobs ar unliked people make a voice/text ban so all you have to do is just see the person of dislike
-not link the servers, japan's playing ethics are different than ours... they dont need any "donkey" holes from NA buggin them, besides they will be getting content and stuff earlier thn us... it wouldent work out anyway
- typing in part was SO hard because i dint have a KB on the xbox, so thats y i dint like playing with most ppl with no mic or if i dint have 1 (it is here i will give my shout out to Feba, the best HUnewearl on the xbox server, and uses no mic). so with a simple usb keyboars it will be MUCH better, and besides, if i was on the comp... id use a controler anyway so it just puts all 3 systems in the same boat.
-and if you find frosting on your monoburger dont look at me... it is the cake sisters that are working the back. i think gallon overworks them...

Witchblade56
May 20, 2006, 08:47 AM
I dont mind it one bit that i would actually have to work to communicate with fellow gamers.

Seph,

Personally Ive been playing PS2 [yea that's right im one of those NA you just stereo typed] since its inception. I consider myself a serious FFXI player. I play in an end game LS [that also caters to my JP friends] and I do help out various low levels with genkai/artifact armor key hunts. This includes my JP counterparts that shout for help in jueno.

NIN75 on pandy [Do you need it?] send me a tell regardless of whatever differences with people that i have i try to help. Am I still a bad NA? Seriously, you won't piss me off at all. Just wish people wouldn't stereotype me (._.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Witchblade56
May 20, 2006, 08:52 AM
Oh and yes link the servers plz I want my friends that I hang out with in FFXI to be there to hang out with in PSU.

We all look forward to PSU as alot of us were on the GC version of PSO.

Deaf360
May 20, 2006, 09:02 AM
umm myself....keyboard is alot better! b/c they can censresed bad word but mic...maybe not will say bad word outloud in mic and make fun of ppl...remember!..12 yr old may play psu and maybe someone use mic and say stuff that 12 yr should not know then it will mess up family..so i say...that ppl need use keyboard more often...

Airas
May 20, 2006, 09:15 AM
On 2006-05-17 23:59, chibiLegolas wrote:
For the love of god, please link all the servers together!
PS2, PC, 360, and the international crowd as well!
(but the interview pretty much stomped the international servers idea. *sigh*)

I really miss the old DC days were I can stay up to 6am and still find an over abundant amount of ppl to play with. Just switch over to the European and JP servers.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
The language barrier doesn't bother me at all. Good mannered players will still be good players. Your actions speak louder than words anyways in this action/rpg type game.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I'd just love to have the OPTION of playing with ALL of PSU players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-05-18 00:02 ]</font>

Couldn't have said it better myself! We've seen how alienating versions from each other has turned out for PSO (crappy, IMO), and it'd be nice to be able to find a steady group or have decent populations.

I played PSO on the DC during the golden age (from launch), as well as PSOBB (during beta), and I rarely had problems with lag (and there were tons of players).

DavidNel
May 20, 2006, 10:10 AM
Wait... isn't linking the servers expensive? I would think so, and in that case I wouldn't think PSU would do that. I love the Sonic Team, but I do know them for being notoriously cheep (like every other company in the world). I think that linking the servers would be a matter of money. If the Sonic Team starts to think that it will gain money by linking servers, they just might.

NOTE: I may be completely wrong, I'm not a game developer.

On topic, I would LOVE linked servers, but I would buy the game even if they were not linked. I would be able to play with my friends who can't shell out the $$ for a new PS2/X-Box/upgrade.

Alexandrious
May 20, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-05-19 21:42, bstm300 wrote:
I think your getting way too obsessed man. If you dont want to use voice chat dont use it, its that simple. No one needs a four page dicertation, thank you

Sorry but it was needed. Cuz im tired of hearin of how Voice chat is soooooo needed.

Thankyou.

shinobu_seta
May 20, 2006, 05:58 PM
If the servers aren't linked together, then we're probably going to repeat the life cycle of PSO again (ie starting from scratch on a different platform with every version because Sega can't decide on the largest player base).

Linked servers benefit us in the long run because the more people that are paying the subscription the more content we'll get from Sonic Team.

Crowded? If you don't like lots of people, then MMO's probably weren't the best genre for you to pick. Too much lag from the crowd? it's not like these games require precise player input or positioning. 90% of the time in an online RPG your position is not matching anyone elses on their screen anyway, but the game's working out fine right? Besides, you'll only be six people in a party anyway, no big deals ^_^

I just can't believe there are people who'd be against linked servers.

Fleece
May 20, 2006, 07:18 PM
Microphones are bad because people don't think about what they say before they speak and this often ends up full of people talking complete shite Lol, to use a keyboard results in people who would say something ridiculously stupid realising its not worth the effort to type it and saving everyone grief.

Deaf360
May 20, 2006, 08:14 PM
yea that right fleece..that what i am try saying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif...why would everyone turn against to server link?....i dont like to play psu on xbox360..if non-linked b/c i would be like...wait for at least 45 min to get party (team)...is linked..5 min and more fun and more friend....it hurt me to see some of you dont like server linked..after that japan will not link with us.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif yall are bastard!

_Tek_
May 20, 2006, 09:00 PM
I just read last few posts.

Crowded has never been an issure, there's always been empty servers.

amirite?

shinobu_seta
May 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-05-20 19:00, _Tek_ wrote:
I just read last few posts.

Crowded has never been an issure, there's always been empty servers.

amirite?

Someone just mentioned earlier in the thread that they wouldn't like the multi-platform linked servers because it would make things too crowded.

Axios-
May 20, 2006, 11:23 PM
You could have tripled the GCN population, and there still would have been plenty of room.

-Klaus-
May 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-05-17 21:21, SephirothYuyX wrote:
Id prefer them seperate. 3 platforms (and possibly JP) is a lot of people. That means server congestion, a lot of the rare items floating around, and console gamers are usually more annoying than PC gamers.

Smaller economies always seem to turn out better as well.

Smaller economies are also boring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saiffy
May 20, 2006, 11:26 PM
On 2006-05-20 17:18, Fleece wrote:
Microphones are bad because people don't think about what they say before they speak and this often ends up full of people talking complete shite Lol, to use a keyboard results in people who would say something ridiculously stupid realising its not worth the effort to type it and saving everyone grief.

I just use the phone with people I play with, close friends and all that. Free long distance wins >_>;

But damn that 60 cent per three way call...! And damn me for putting the wrong number in wasting 60 cents!(Only PJ would get this)

Witchblade56
May 21, 2006, 05:06 AM
Ok one thing to consider.

Someone mentioned that ST is like every other corporation in that it's largely interested in keeping costs down right? SE made FFXI and made it cross platform and guess what? It's resulted in a larger player base. What does that equate to you future stockbrokers out there? Yep that's exactly right more money in the long run. FFXI is claer into its third expansion and still going strong. If you consider the average person pays out 12.95 per month and 1 dollar additionally for mules [i know i do] then multiply that by what 2000 people on just -ONE- server. FFXI is running something like 12-15 servers if my numbers are correct. That is one hell of a chunk of change per month youre getting in the long run.

Making seperate servers for each platform/group of platforms, while appealing to most, isnt very money smart for the company doing it. I don't mind it one bit like i stated above that i have to type. Have i played with XBL on PSO? Yep i have. Ive also played it without a mic when mine broke from being sat on etc. Coming from playing on the GC then moving to XBL PSO it wasnt a huge deal to have to type messages.

Regardless of platforms I plan on becoming a frequent flyer on PSU online. I shudder to think of how limited we would be without a huge community to interact with. If you don't like being without your precious XBL then why come here and spend mute minutes in silence typing in this forum?

The level of interraction you obtain is based purely on your efforts in communicaitng with others. Typing/chatting is the same for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and I love PSO world RAWRRRRRR http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

P.S. If ST is worth a grain of salt they are paying attention to what people are saying right here in PSO world. I believe ST is worth a grain of salt else I wouldnt bother at calling gamestop/eb games to see when i can reserve my copy of PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-05-21 03:11 ]</font>

Oji_Retta
May 21, 2006, 08:59 AM
On 2006-05-21 03:06, Witchblade56 wrote:
Ok one thing to consider.

Someone mentioned that ST is like every other corporation in that it's largely interested in keeping costs down right? SE made FFXI and made it cross platform and guess what? It's resulted in a larger player base. What does that equate to you future stockbrokers out there? Yep that's exactly right more money in the long run. FFXI is claer into its third expansion and still going strong. If you consider the average person pays out 12.95 per month and 1 dollar additionally for mules [i know i do] then multiply that by what 2000 people on just -ONE- server. FFXI is running something like 12-15 servers if my numbers are correct. That is one hell of a chunk of change per month youre getting in the long run.

Making seperate servers for each platform/group of platforms, while appealing to most, isnt very money smart for the company doing it. I don't mind it one bit like i stated above that i have to type. Have i played with XBL on PSO? Yep i have. Ive also played it without a mic when mine broke from being sat on etc. Coming from playing on the GC then moving to XBL PSO it wasnt a huge deal to have to type messages.

Regardless of platforms I plan on becoming a frequent flyer on PSU online. I shudder to think of how limited we would be without a huge community to interact with. If you don't like being without your precious XBL then why come here and spend mute minutes in silence typing in this forum?

The level of interraction you obtain is based purely on your efforts in communicaitng with others. Typing/chatting is the same for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and I love PSO world RAWRRRRRR http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

P.S. If ST is worth a grain of salt they are paying attention to what people are saying right here in PSO world. I believe ST is worth a grain of salt else I wouldnt bother at calling gamestop/eb games to see when i can reserve my copy of PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-05-21 03:11 ]</font>

I think its partly because ST doesn't market its games that well. And marketing costs money. And this type of online game (MORPG) isn't quite that popular (especially PS). So if this server thing had to do with money, I'd think they'd be taking a pretty sizeable risk. And I think ST is cheap and only wants to take calculated small risks. I mean they nearly went out of business a while back.

Shrevn
May 21, 2006, 11:03 AM
As some people might have already mentioned the only thing that worries me is the xbox 360 with the XBoXlive thing and headset compared to PS2 and Computer... Yes all of them can use a headset to talk and type but will they? In my opinion they can keep it just like the ships were in PSO where you jump from one to another they can link the servers that way BUT have some of them tittled (Xbox 360, PC, PS2 etc) so if i join a game in a xbox 360 lobby i should expect more ppl with headsets then if i joined a Ps2 server you know... that would be cool but aside from that im all for linked servers the more ppl the more games... Yes the more noobs but it comes with the territory

Saner
May 21, 2006, 11:12 AM
I wonder how many Xbox360 owners are playing FF11? FF11 doesnt support voice chat but they can still headset amongst other Live users, right?

so I guess learning from that and how 360 players get along with a online game that is dominant in text-based communication, we can estimate how the relationship would be if Xbox360 PSU server is linked.

Nuclearranger
May 21, 2006, 04:14 PM
link em!