PDA

View Full Version : Didnt ask about dial up in the Takao Miyoshi Interview =(

xenokai
May 18, 2006, 03:38 AM
dang i really wanted to know =/

Numnuttz
May 18, 2006, 03:58 AM
well dial up on any game is still pretty bad. you have a high chance of laggin which may cause you to die. if your debating on weather to upgrade or not, i say just upgrade. youll be glad you did

chichiri99
May 18, 2006, 04:35 AM
Also in the interview he didn't mention the one thing that's still preventing me from pre-ordering the JP version and that's payment methods http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fleece
May 18, 2006, 04:38 AM
FFS just wait and try it on dial up first....if its terrible then either get Broadband or live with it.

Tystys
May 18, 2006, 05:22 AM
On 2006-05-18 02:38, Fleece wrote:
FFS just wait and try it on dial up first....if its terrible then either get Broadband or live with it.

Easy for you too say that, huh?
Seriously guys, calm down, -_-. Don't freak out because there is another dial up topic.

Ryna
May 18, 2006, 05:29 AM
On 2006-05-18 02:35, chichiri99 wrote:
Also in the interview he didn't mention the one thing that's still preventing me from pre-ordering the JP version and that's payment methods http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

We would have asked, but like the game release date question, that is more of a PR department question. Each region will be responsible for deciding its own dates and payment systems. So, it would have been a waste of time to ask Miyoshi-san about details for the US/EU payment system.

physic
May 18, 2006, 06:39 AM
Ahh so the PR department of our regions are responsible for how much info and upfdates we get, as well as release? cool we know where to attack

vitius137
May 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-05-18 01:58, Numnuttz wrote:
well dial up on any game is still pretty bad. you have a high chance of laggin which may cause you to die. if your debating on weather to upgrade or not, i say just upgrade. youll be glad you did

according to xenokai: "you cant get broadband in the stix"

Ryna
May 18, 2006, 06:00 PM
On 2006-05-18 04:39, physic wrote:
Ahh so the PR department of our regions are responsible for how much info and upfdates we get, as well as release? cool we know where to attack

Those duties fall under the juristiction of Sega's PR department. One of the reasons we haven't seen an official English version of the JP website is because they don't feel it is time to roll out one yet.

physic
May 18, 2006, 06:07 PM
yeah, they always feel its not time to roll stuff out. Not just sega, but most gaming companies NA branches or directors or whatever, provide little to nothing but sales info on their web pages. Compare almost any companies japanese page to their NA pages. Guessing that these guys jobs are to decide and promote things, they usually do a very poor job in my opinion.

Fleece
May 18, 2006, 06:09 PM
I blame america, I'm english and even I know sega should be based in germany, with their ruthless german efficiency.

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 06:13 PM
about dial up... nothing would change its slow and even your self wont like playing on dial up.
one it will take ages to load other characters, you will always lag and many more reasons why you should forget about it.

Mister Takao Miyoshi, would have said the same thing " Playing on dial up will be like driving in mud".

Ryna
May 18, 2006, 06:32 PM
It maybe theoretically possible to play on dial-up, but I wouldn't recommend it. The latency for most connections is not low enough. Most things such as item appearances and monster damage registration go through the server now. So, if you are on a laggy connection, the monsters may still be around hurting you, even after they were supposed to have died. Also, it takes a long time to load large groups of people when you are on dialup. I would reserve any final decisions until the game comes out in the US, but I would still definitely recommend broadband.

Bastille
May 18, 2006, 06:45 PM
Unless you plan on doing everything solo online, dial up is not something people should be using if they want to play this.

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 06:56 PM
image a 56k also known has dial up.

1: loggin to the server, it will take time for your computer and the servr to reach one a other.
2: the game, you will suffer from lag, and probably go trought a "butterfly effect".
3: like Ryna said "Most things such as item appearances and monster damage registration go through the server now" meaning you're dead buddy befor you and your computer can realise it.

and much more.... Bad idea, evan for Solo Online playing and MMOs are made to play among other players, playing solo is not playing online

Alexandrious
May 18, 2006, 09:02 PM
Well at the very least ya got Story mode and extras eh? hehe

ShinMaruku
May 19, 2006, 08:33 PM
Dial up is a sin.

Oji_Retta
May 19, 2006, 08:48 PM
I bestow upon Xenokai the title of D.U.K, Dial-Up Kid. He earned this title through his multiple postings on the topic of dial-up in PSU. (just horsing around) ^_^

Bastille
May 19, 2006, 08:54 PM
Let us just leave it at yes you can play with dialup but aside from other people with dialup, I doubt anyone would wait for you to load up every time

SephYuyX
May 19, 2006, 09:16 PM
A lot of online games cap their speed @56k.

Bastille
May 19, 2006, 09:18 PM
That may be, but a person with a 56k connection will never get the full 56k devoted to the game

PhotonCat
May 20, 2006, 07:26 PM
Actually, most BB only games cap the servers at a 256k minimum to connect.
If they aren't capped you can try to connect but it will be horrible.

Why don't you just get BB? If your in an area that has it just get DSL or Cable. If you don't have BB in your area then move. I can not imagine living without BB.

Fleece
May 20, 2006, 07:29 PM
Man i tried BB at college on wi-fi and it was faster than 56k, i died due to lag and being a HUcast tanking The Fo didnt notice my health go down until my lag caught up with them and i dropped dead instantly. so basically i think youll be able to log into the server but dont expect to enjoy it as EVERYTHING will be server side on PSU, unlike BB which was client side.

PhotonCat
May 20, 2006, 07:34 PM
Man i tried BB at college on wi-fi and it was faster than 56k, i died due to lag and being a HUcast tanking The Fo didnt notice my health go down until my lag caught up with them and i dropped dead instantly. so basically i think youll be able to log into the server but dont expect to enjoy it as EVERYTHING will be server side on PSU, unlike BB which was client side.

Well, Wi-fi is a really bad wireless connection... Not good for online gaming.

Fleece
May 20, 2006, 09:03 PM
uhmm it's a good connection 100 Kb/s dowsntream but it only has 8 KB/s upstream. its the uploading that lags it to hell but that's because the way the system is set up nothing to do with wifi being crap lol. I have wifi in my house and i still get 16 ping 20 foot away from my router.