PDA

View Full Version : So will you be preordering the JP or the US/EU release?

voxie
May 18, 2006, 07:09 AM
So will you be preordering the JP or the US/EU release?

I'm still undecided. Overall, I'm looking to hook up with friends! (and make intellectual new ones!) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

lostinseganet
May 18, 2006, 07:32 AM
I am starting to feel that PSU is geared towards an audience that has very different interests than me. So I think I will not preorder at all anymore. I will wait for reviews from others that seem to have interest like me.

Inazuma
May 18, 2006, 09:39 AM
ive had 2 copies of the jp pc ver on pre-order since last year.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 09:49 AM
Definitely the English version.

it may be a longer wait, but importing it would be a serious handicap since I despise playing a game in another language and having to look for translations.

Lyrise
May 18, 2006, 09:52 AM
On 2006-05-18 07:39, Inazuma wrote:
ive had 2 copies of the jp pc ver on pre-order since last year.

As do I (hopefully). 1 copy from an online retailer, 1 limited edition that I have a friend holding for me (I hope).

voxie
May 18, 2006, 10:07 AM
Okay, well I've pre-ordered the EU version (http://play.com/Games/PC/4-/866306/Phantasy_Star_Universe/Product.html) now, which is still scheduled for a summer release for some reason (on both this shop site and the official Sega Europe site, doh Sega...?)

I might get the JP version as well, if I have to/can afford it.

Rihcky
May 18, 2006, 10:09 AM
US if it releases sooner and is regionfree. EU if else.

I don't play Japanese games unless they are games where the language doesnt have a big influence, such as fighters or sportsgames.

EDIT: Don't use racial slurs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-18 08:30 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rihcky on 2006-05-18 11:51 ]</font>

RFB
May 18, 2006, 10:28 AM
US/EU for me. I dont know a word of Japanese, so it's not like I have a choice.

Kano-Okami
May 18, 2006, 10:38 AM
Was there any mention of any special items for preordering PSU outside of Japan?

Thats the only reason I would reserve a copy. The people from around my city have hardly heard of the Phantasy Star series, yet alone know theres a new iteration coming out, so theres no need for me to place a hold.

Zeota
May 18, 2006, 01:38 PM
I too have had the JP version preordered for a while. I'm on the fence as to whether or not to stick to that plan.

kyori
May 18, 2006, 01:41 PM
I'm JP all the way.

Tystys
May 18, 2006, 02:14 PM
English version. I'd like to buy JAP, but unfortunately I cannot speak Japanese, O_O

StarLionsX
May 18, 2006, 02:16 PM
I pre-ordered mine already.

Saffran
May 18, 2006, 02:29 PM
Mine should be preordered since long, long ago, but I haven't checked to see if they didn't cancel it when the postpone was announced...

StarLionsX
May 18, 2006, 02:32 PM
Ugh....are they supposed to notify you if they canceled it? I pre-ordered mine like 2 months ago.

Tystys
May 18, 2006, 02:45 PM
I'm pretty sure they have to go through you before they make any changes such as the order not being there anymore.

peenk
May 18, 2006, 03:02 PM
LoL
Anyone who thought PSU will be a different kind of release from ST shouldn't be surprised.
Just look at release of PSOv1/v2/epI&II. ST dont learn from thier mistakes, hence they got owned in hardware buisiness.
I agree w/ lostinseganet. Ill wait for a review or hopefully, will get into US beta (which there will be.... hopefully).
If anyone of joos likes Diablo II check out Titan's Quest. They ripped diablo 2 off down to the shortcuts and the game plays/feels like diablo 2 : )).
That will keep you busy enough for long long time if you play online. Its comingout on 23.6.2006.

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
Agreed with peenk, especially after this interview... you won't see me rushing out to get a copy the first day. If I did get it on the first day though, I'd play through offline mode and let it sit till the game was updated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-18 13:17 ]</font>

vitius137
May 18, 2006, 05:51 PM
no knowledge of the japanese language. no japanese credit card (i think you need one) and being too lazy to get translations or figure out menus means US version is my only option.

DarK-SuN
May 18, 2006, 05:57 PM
EU/US version, since that's where everyone I know (and am friends with) will be playing.

Nika
May 18, 2006, 06:32 PM
Let 's see the delay between them first. Then I will decide.

StarLionsX
May 18, 2006, 09:50 PM
I wish they would have a solid release date now.

Tycho
May 19, 2006, 08:41 AM
The Japanese one in any case, but perhaps the English version as well, later on.

Asathor
Jun 8, 2006, 08:03 AM
Hey... I'm just wondering what's everyone's plan now(like...if someone changed their mind)? JP or US??
I just want to know because I still haven't really made up my mind yet.
I want to get the US version, because I don't understand Japanese and I think it's really annoying looking up for translations.
But almost all the players from my country are going to get the JP version.
I hope I will find many players on the US server.

Rubesahl
Jun 9, 2006, 12:47 PM
I'll be importing even if its for the story mode only . __ .; I do admit the CC might be a problem but hell with it >_>;; I understand some Japanese, I know my hiragana and katakana and some kanji and have a vague idea of what they're saying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif its a learning experience for me o.o;

xMutex
Jun 9, 2006, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty patient guy so English is the version for me and I'm not much for translating anyways so it's pretty much my only option

DikkyRay
Jun 9, 2006, 12:55 PM
lol vox, you made a poll and didnt tell me? ouch. Im getting eu/am because i dont wanna have to go thru the whole shipping thing. And the jp version might not hv english

Kamica
Jun 9, 2006, 02:20 PM
PSu might just be my most anticpated game of all time(ssbm comes pretty close). I couldnt live with the fact that other people are enjoying psu and I cant. JP version for the win.

Marks
Jun 10, 2006, 02:39 AM
Peenk and oShojino what do you mean? What depressing news have you heard about this game? What interview are you talking about? I can't comprehend how anyone on this site can not be excited about PSU o.O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marks on 2006-06-10 00:41 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jun 10, 2006, 03:27 AM
oShojino is referring to the interview linked at the top of the main PSOW page, with one of the producers of PSU. Although I also don't know what in the interview made oShojino so bitter towards the game alluvasudden. o_0

Oh, and US version for me. Don't have the money or inclination to import, even though I do enjoy bumbling my way through Japanese for the learning experience.

Mewn
Jun 10, 2006, 06:36 AM
I have the JP version on pre-order, I'll play that until US is released, then I will import that one and play US.