PDA

View Full Version : People should not be so negative about PSU.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 10:43 AM
PSU has potential but if ST wont even listen to its consumers concerns and ignore the success of previous elements of PSO.. then why should we be so eager to get PSU?

Because it will be far far better than you give it credit for.

It's sickening how some people complain and act like Sega/ST has betrayed them when it's in fact the other way around.

There are so many flaws in people's rants that I don't know where to begin.

Ignoring all the good and the improvements PSU achieves, some are so UNGRATEFUL as to behave like spoiled brats that fail to see how much better the latest online Phantasy Star has become.

*even without challenge mode, or battle mode, there will still be plenty to do and discover and have fun.

*PS2 and PC are still linked. not with Japanese but as many examples in other games have shown, not many English speakers party with Japanese in online RPGs anyway; the ratio is too small to even consider it a bad thing that they are not connected. the online community will still grow and flourish.

*and some people are so upset that they say things that are not true:

"and the 'free roam' is reduced to lobbies?"

First of all, the lobbies have been expanded into cities.
the lobbies in the past felt like prison blocks compared to what they have become now!! and that's not counting the brilliant My Room features and increase of shops features.

then there are those who complain Newmans have no special abilities. Rika and Nei didn't have 'special abilities' they were natural warriors. so I feel that's how Newmans should be, pure classic Newmans. Anything more 'special' about them would make them too alien to be Newmans.

there there is the updates/extra content release date differences between Japan and USA. It doesnt matter if Japan gets content 3 months before we do. our servers are not linked anyways. the new content when it comes will be NEW to us anyways!!!

and then there are those who demand information like release dates and such. There is still plenty of time to release those things. People who push for this information are just too impatient to understand that Sega will release the release date and fee information when it's time, they always do before the game is released.

I could go on but this wave of negativity and 'disappointing' attitudes will not help the community and themselves at all.

If someone feels so let down by a game because of such ridiculous reasons, they are the only ones who will totally miss out on the real fun.

Their expectations are too ambitious and unfair that they could NEVER be satisfied with anything,
and so, the ingrates pathetically lose in the end, NOT those who appreciate what they're given and enjoy PSU to its fullest.

Drayma
May 18, 2006, 10:53 AM
Well I bought a Dremcast and the same day Sega announced they were getting out of the hardware business, then a month later PSO was released in the U.S. and I had to call Sega to get a new registry number. My feelings toward Sega is that I got PSO+ cheap and I have options that were provided me from dedicated PSO people, Sega is not dedicated PSO people and they will not be dedicated to PSU unless you are Japanese.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drayma on 2006-05-18 08:54 ]</font>

Ancient
May 18, 2006, 11:22 AM
Dedication or no hasent stopped the game from being fun, and having an active, thriving community for over 5 years. I played on PSOX, and we got it worse than anybody But you know what I still enjoyed the hell out of the game once I stopped caring what everyone else had, and just enjoyed what we got.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-05-18 08:53, Drayma wrote:
Well I bought a Dremcast and the same day Sega announced they were getting out of the hardware business, then a month later PSO was released in the U.S. and I had to call Sega to get a new registry number. My feelings toward Sega is that I got PSO+ cheap and I have options that were provided me from dedicated PSO people, Sega is not dedicated PSO people and they will not be dedicated to PSU unless you are Japanese.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drayma on 2006-05-18 08:54 ]</font>

well you sure had bad luck buying a Dreamcast at that time, and needing a new registry number. It wasn't like Sega wanted to leave the hardware business, you must consider what they went through.

dedication or not, the PSOs released were still enjoyed by many, for years even.

Some are so anxious for more items, more 'this and that' added to online, that players don't bother to realize they haven't done everything there is online has offer yet and they are whining about wanting more.

Besides they already confirmed holiday decorations and stuff like that. it may not sound like much updates, but it's much better than having no PSU.

Until people understand how lucky they are to experience these things, they will never value what they got.

avai
May 18, 2006, 11:52 AM
What it comes down to is if you like pso you will probably get psu. PSU will be better than pso in gameplay, graphics, and sofistication. I dont plan to much on great content updates due to the ps2's limited memory but I will still enjoy the game nontheless. Look at it like this, how simple was pso? It was a pretty straight forward game and repetitive. I still played it on all 3 consoles. Psu will be better and that is all that truely matters to me.

Lyrise
May 18, 2006, 11:52 AM
I'm going to copy a snippet of my own post in another thread.

Features don't make the game, but certainly add to the experience.

Speaking of features, also keep in mind, when this game was developed, it had the Japanese player base in mind, noting that even for PSO, it's at least 30 times larger than the American player base. In a business sense it's better to actually cater to the audience that will recieve it best. Additionally, if there is high demand for certain features, I'm pretty sure ST would be smart enough to add it as long as it was reasonable. Is there something you wanted in game that you don't see now? You didn't have to wait for beta to start to suggest it and just just because its over doesn't mean you still can't request something; heck you can still do it right now. For those of you too lazy to look, the address is right here (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/usersvoice.html).

If you really want something in the game, NOW is the time to make your voice heard.

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 11:58 AM
On 2006-05-18 08:43, Saner wrote:

PSU has potential but if ST wont even listen to its consumers concerns and ignore the success of previous elements of PSO.. then why should we be so eager to get PSU?

At least put list my name when you're quoting me, thanks.

Because it will be far far better than you give it credit for.

Did you play beta? Maybe your assumptions would be more realstic if you actually played the game.

It's sickening how some people complain and act like Sega/ST has betrayed them when it's in fact the other way around.

There are so many flaws in people's rants that I don't know where to begin.

Actually, its a big betrayl and its been happening since pso:bb. One of PSO's big selling points was its international play, people liked that and other mmos begin to adopt it *note ffxi*. With PSU they decided to remove this, and for what reason? Because we're not good enough to play with them? We hack too much? Don't give me that technological-defeciet bullcrap either..because FFXI has managed to link all its regions with all 3 consoles (ps2 xbox and 360). Now if PSU just did this and had a multitude of servers that you could switch between...

Ignoring all the good and the improvements PSU achieves, some are so UNGRATEFUL as to behave like spoiled brats that fail to see how much better the latest online Phantasy Star has become.

Yes, there were a few improvements (there should of been.. this games been in development for how long) but those improvements just dont stack up to all the steps taken backwards with PSU. Granted it was BETA and no all the content was in, the game still wasnt far from a UI and Graphics updated PSO with more class restrictions and far less uniquness.

*even without challenge mode, or battle mode, there will still be plenty to do and discover and have fun.

Sure tere will be content with missions, but that does get boring after a while you know. What angers me the most is the blatant obviousness that they didn't even -think- of puttin in these modes. PSO was upgraded to -include- these modes, why would you leave them out? Simple, because they didnt put much thought into the online mode.. which is a damn shame

*PS2 and PC are still linked. not with Japanese but as many examples in other games have shown, not many English speakers party with Japanese in online RPGs anyway; the ratio is too small to even consider it a bad thing that they are not connected. the online community will still grow and flourish.

Most of the PS2 population will be in Japan, the majority of the US servers will be PC gamers... and even then there many people in the states that just flat out dont know about the game. I've been to many mmo forums and I used to preach about how PSU would be such a cool game and all the features... yet people still went to games like WoW Vanguard and other US borne mmos. US gamers these days are just not interested in foreign mmos anymore, they rarely ever were in the first place. I dont expect the population to reach over 10k users for a long long time... but you can keep believing they'll flourish if you want. Also, now US players are at the mercy of SoA.. who didn't know much/care much about PSU in the first place.. which leads to even worse customer support.

*and some people are so upset that they say things that are not true:

"and the 'free roam' is reduced to lobbies?"

First of all, the lobbies have been expanded into cities.
the lobbies in the past felt like prison blocks compared to what they have become now!! and that's not counting the brilliant My Room features and increase of shops features.

That doesn't change the fact that the free roam is -still- reduced to lobbies, and (at least the way beta went) we ended up giving alot of dungeon/level length with it. The missions were shorter then the dungeon runs in PSU, but to be fair it was beta and all the missions werent in (at least I think they werent, who knows with SEGA). Also, you overestimate the sizes.. the GC is the only massively big lobby.. Parum and Neudiaz are roughly the same size as a PSO lobby.. 2 at most for Neudiaz but Parums areas are small. The size doesnt matter anyway, you still dont have the freedom to roam on the planets surface... which was shown in much detail in the WorldOf offline gameplay video. Another point that they put more thought into offline then online.

then there are those who complain Newmans have no special abilities. Rika and Nei didn't have 'special abilities' they were natural warriors. so I feel that's how Newmans should be, pure classic Newmans. Anything more 'special' about them would make them too alien to be Newmans.

Rika and Nei also had magic at their disposal, and were far stronger then Newmans are in PSU. I argued for a speical ability because Newmans couldnt use magic while being hunters, or melee skills past 1 while being FO. Neither will be happening though, so you can be happy with our below-average magicless melee Newmans who are outclassed in every aspect by cast beast and humans except EVA and TAP (whoopee), when they used to be experts at closs range melee and magic.

there there is the updates/extra content release date differences between Japan and USA. It doesnt matter if Japan gets content 3 months before we do. our servers are not linked anyways. the new content when it comes will be NEW to us anyways!!!

It wont be new to us because importers and others will already talking about it here... and we'll hear news of JP's being updated. Besides its the principal of the thing. If USA comes out 3 months later then JP why should -every- single update be delayed 3 months? That just bad support right there.. I can understand huge content updates but little things like bug fixes and quests? FFXI manages to update content for everyone at once... so your technological-defeciet argument wont work their either.

and then there are those who demand information like release dates and such. There is still plenty of time to release those things. People who push for this information are just too impatient to understand that Sega will release the release date and fee information when it's time, they always do before the game is released.

We demand release dates because not only is sega being vague about them but they're also being vague behind the reasoning of the delays. They should of just left it TBA 2006 untill they got their shit together, instead of giving us 3 different dates before pushing it to Fall 06. Again, unprofessionalism is blatantly obvious with ST.

I could go on but this wave of negativity and 'disappointing' attitudes will not help the community and themselves at all.

If someone feels so let down by a game because of such ridiculous reasons, they are the only ones who will totally miss out on the real fun.

Their expectations are too ambitious and unfair that they could NEVER be satisfied with anything,
and so, the ingrates pathetically lose in the end, NOT those who appreciate what they're given and enjoy PSU to its fullest.

Look, I want PSU to be the next kickass and best MMO out there like the next guy.. hell I even signed up to play the beta in a language I understood little of. I enjoyed the beta along with other people I imagine, but I dont think I speak alone when there was a feeling that there was room for improvement. The loss of uniquness in PSO for the sake of -balance- was a bad move.. its impossible to truly balance a game unless you give every job/race/gender type the exact same stats. We may be able to look unique on the outside with clothes and accessories, but our abilites and spells stack up to be the same with the only difference being in stats and special abilites (which are beast and cast only). The loss of linked regional servers leading to a smaller community, and the absense of planet side free roam (as showin in the world of videos) along with vehicles in the online mode leaves me asking "why?". Sure PSU gave us crafting weapon skills (PA's) and a new race, but at what price? Loss of uniquness, no battle mode or challenge mode, no regional linking and smaller levels. I wanted PSU to be innovative, the next big thing..but right now its nothing more then a rehash of components strucken with limitations... It just seems ST was lazy with PSU online and thats why I'm (or we're) angry. PSU should of been PSV, Ill be waiting for my -true- sequel to PSO..unless PSU shapes up.

Shojin

EDIT: I tried suggesting my ideas on the BBS and some of my questsions were asked in the interview already..they not only didnt have plans to put Battle Mode/Challenge Mode/Uniqeness or Hybriding classes etc in, but it appeareed they didnt even put any thought into the matter. Yes PSO was a great game, and thats why I wanted PSU to be alot like PSO.. much of the fun PSO came out of how every race/class combination was different and had something to bring to the table (even though Human Males got pretty screwed over).. I wanted PSU to have this uniquness with all the race/class combinations but instead they just made this class change system in which all the classes are the same...we lost the uniquness that was there in PSO.. they ported the battle system and lobby system, but everything else is different..and much of it (in my opinion) is a step backwards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-18 10:06 ]</font>

Wavey
May 18, 2006, 12:09 PM
There are alot of areas not open in the lobbys. You just seem to be negative for the sake. Is the game here yet? NO. Just let it be released. Sheesh

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 12:21 PM
Actually there aren't Wavey, the lobbies were all fully opened before Beta went down. Also the other "Free Roam" areas he mentioned are most likely the rest stops between mission points..which are even smaller. It was only Beta yes, but I'm telling you right now that there aren't that many open areas. Still its an improvement over PSO, Ill give them that.

zandra117
May 18, 2006, 12:25 PM
The closed beta is not the full game, you only had access to one town on each planet and roughly 2 areas on each planet. I know there will be way more areas than that in the full game. We know for a fact that each planet has more than one town on it based on the psu website.

the towns that we know about that were never seen in beta are; Talcus City on Parum, and Dagora City on moatoob.

also in the discription of moatoob it says "Several medium-sized cities are spread throughout Moatoob. The largest of these cities is called Dagora City." that hints at more cities on moatoob.

also in the discription of the GC it says "Clyez City is the city at the heart of the Guardians Colony which serves as the headquarters for the Guardians. Several other similar types of cities exist about the Colony." which also hints at more cities.

Remember, the only reason for a closed beta is to test basic mechanics of the game and to stress test the servers. It is nearly impossible to tell what the actual game will be like based on the closed beta.

Jasonsama81
May 18, 2006, 12:25 PM
I agree with oShojino on a lot of the topics, and since he was a beta tester, his take on the game is a lot stronger then the rest of ours. There are still many unanswered questions, #1 on the list is, of course the release date... and I think we deserve that much... with a closed beta... that's GOT to mean that the game can't be more then 2 months away... (At least for the Japanese version)

Another question, is the "multi-classing" I guess you can say... Or in short, HU/RA's using Tech's. Hopefully ST follows through on this with the Race specific weapons/items that will allow for techs. Like I said in another topic, I feel Newmans and Humans will be getting the short end of the stick if they don't get techs for these classes. (I sympathize, cause I'm playing as a HUbeast most likely, and can see why they SHOULD get techs... ESPECIALLY if they don't get a race specific special, Nano blast/SUV weapon)

And the last big one, to me anyways, is the server linking. I really don't mind so much that we're not linked with the Japanese community... That I can deal with... the non-Ps2/PC/360 linking... now THAT bothers me... And it's been said about a million times, "Look at FFXI!" And it's true... they did it... maybe ST doesn't have the pull SquEnix has... I don't know... but I really think it illogical to seperate the players, thus cutting the PSU community that much more.

But by the sounds of things... ST has pushed the Offline mode more then the Online, where, we've all grown to PSO... Online... so that's what we expect... So I think if this continues on the same path, and ST doesn't fix up a bit of those PSU "troubles"... then I'm gonna have to agree with oShojino, that this isn't really a sequel to PSO... but a sequel to the Phantasy Star series of RPG's...

But, also true that we're still "potentially" 6 months away from release... Who knows now though... Just gonna try and keep the faith.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-05-18 10:21, oShojino wrote:
Still its an improvement over PSO, Ill give them that.

and that still doesn't satisfy you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

sad.

Latiku
May 18, 2006, 01:41 PM
First off, I must pay my respects to Saner. I am quite impressed with your dedication to PSU and ST. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a member of ST in how you ruthlessly defend ST in every way. Note: This is not sarcasm, that kind of loyalty is rare, much respect.

Now, I have a problem with how you are attacking people on this board. Everyone is entitled to their opinions whether it be 'pro' or it be 'con'. I will admit, I have not been too happy with ST in their recent endeavors. I might have exaggerated ideas in reaction to the news which I found disappointing. I have calmed down and gain perspective now but I still hold with my original idea that ST is not doing all that they can to make this game the game it 'could' be.

That is my opinion. And just because my opinion differs from yours and expects more from ST, that does not give you the right to start flinging out insults.

--immature rants are getting worse
--children are complaining and complaining about the stupidest reasons
--some are so UNGRATEFUL as to behave like spoiled brats
--the ingrates pathetically lose in the end

You are entitled to your right to say what you want but please try to keep it respectful and think of the Boards as a debate and not a fight.

In addition, if it was not for people complaining this would not get changed. By just sitting back and saying, "Don't worry, St has it all under control, just accept what is going on" You are letting ST get lazy. Unless us, the gamers, challenge the developers and voice our opinions, how will they know what will make us happy/satisfy us.

One more thing: I didn't mean to single you out Saner.

Never have I seen such a large group of premature thumbsuckers, in one area like this in a while.

Create a damn game your self that has Hot Topic costumes, Harrier jets, lightsabers, PvP, pokeballs, Al Pacino, coffeemakers, or whatever the hell you want.

This game looks great, and has from the start. Quit your bitching, and buy something else that'll cater to your "I want my cake and ice cream" mindset.

Lots of people are doing it. As for creating a 'damn' game myself, that statement is so illogical that I'm not even insulted by your comment. I cannot make video games just as much as St cannot work at a hospital and do what I do. So feel to be on call for 48 hours before you call people thumb suckers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Latiku on 2006-05-18 11:44 ]</font>

kyori
May 18, 2006, 01:43 PM
I'm betting if Saner had played the Beta he wouldn't be in this state.

Amen to Lakitu BTW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-05-18 11:55 ]</font>

Rihcky
May 18, 2006, 01:50 PM
Latiku said some wise words there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Saner
May 18, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-05-18 11:41, Latiku wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Latiku on 2006-05-18 11:44 ]</font>

I wasn't pointing at any specific users, so my view of their reactions is sincere without crossing the line. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and no I don't work for Sonic Team. I would not call it loyalty.

I just know a good and bad game when I see it. Happens all the time when a game is presented then released.

some beta testers who frown at it may have played the game, but that doesn't mean everyone else would feel the same way they do. in fact some beta testers loved what they tasted.

This is just another one of the infinite examples in gaming history that proves no single game will satisfy everyone.
What's right and wrong is solely based on one's point of view, but that doesn't make their perspective absolute.

This all rolls into what people EXPECT out of the game. but expectations are dangerous.

They should enjoy the game for WHAT IT IS.

Not what they expect it to be.

it's okay to not like this or that, but if people are going to dwell on the negative instead of appreciating the positive, why even bother play this game or any game?

StarLionsX
May 18, 2006, 02:05 PM
I love PSU........ @_@ I just wish it would come out sooner! *pulls out hair* I even have me new memory card out waiting for it to be formatted. Stop being so negative.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-05-18 12:06 ]</font>

Rihcky
May 18, 2006, 02:08 PM
You're point is fair Saner. It is stupid when people complain about a game that they haven't even played.

But the way you present it is just a little too, ehr, agressive.

So some people are a little negative, I don't care. :S

Tystys
May 18, 2006, 02:11 PM
I also agree with the fact that people are being a bit too negative towards a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 02:17 PM
On 2006-05-18 12:05, StarLionsX wrote:
I love PSU........ @_@ I just wish it would come out sooner! *pulls out hair* I even have me new memory card out waiting for it to be formatted. Stop being so negative.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StarLionsX on 2006-05-18 12:06 ]</font>

it's okay.

don't let their negative aura corrupt you like it has done to them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

people here and there say these negative whiplashes are some people's way to flush out their hopes, so that they can accept the game in a more positive light when they finally have it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

StarLionsX
May 18, 2006, 02:21 PM
It's just I need this game or I will explode! *going crazy*. Withdrawls are not a good thing.

kazuma56
May 18, 2006, 02:37 PM
The below may not make any sense, because I copied and pasted it from another thread.

Well technically, most MMO's are like that, in FFXI, an "decked" out war/nin would be the same as every other "decked" out war/nin. In WoW eveery character is essentially the same bar they're racial traits...

What i'm trying to get at is, PSU is more or less the same as everything else on the market, In FFXI there are job combos that will NEVER work and thus you basically are playing builds that "work"/accepted by the masses, in PSU since its more like WoW where you are "stuck" in a certain build, it still seems to work out because 1 millionish people wouldn't play the game if it didn't.

The way I see it, it'll be like FFXI bar the subjobbing, a Beast (galka) will have better attack, then a cast (mithra), but the Cast will have better ATA then the newman (tarutaru), and the newman will have better mental strength than the Beast (galka), the human (hume) will neither excel in either and will have a healthy balance of all stats (as lvls progress, i believe each race will show its prowess more and more).

Also, no details on how the job leveling is are done yet, who's to say that a Ranger at job lvl 18 doesn't have access to dual wielding or be able to use a partisan like in PSO?

Newly added

As for battle mode, who actually liked playing that mode? it was so damn unbalanced it wasn't funny, a Force basically owned it when using "no restrictions" because of lvl 30 S/D and J/Z along with their "undodgeable" spells, how would playing a mode with no balance between classes whatsoever be fun? also, battle mode with beasts and casts = special ability, another unbalanced thing they would have to get around.

Challenge mode WAS fun, but its probably something that they already thought about and haven't quite hammered out how to "balance" it out with the Beast and Cast 1 hours. Imagine playing challenge every hour with just a team of those 2 classes just so you could easily kill bosses by spamming 6 different and lethal 1 hour abilities, it would reduce any "challenge" the mode would have had.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2006-05-18 12:48 ]</font>

Saner
May 18, 2006, 02:39 PM
On 2006-05-18 12:21, StarLionsX wrote:
It's just I need this game or I will explode! *going crazy*. Withdrawls are not a good thing.

well play a Phantasy Star game while waiting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
or any other fun game.

thinking about it too much makes the wait slower.

You are strong enough to wait without exploding, so it'll be worth it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kyuu
May 18, 2006, 02:41 PM
I for one have to agree with Shojino and Latiku. In my opinion, you're definitely being disrespectful of other people's opinions and points of view, Saner. Just because you make your insults vague and directed at the PSOW community as a whole rather than a specific person doesn't make them okay.

Sonic Team is not a perfect entity incapable of error, and complacently accepting whatever they toss out without complaint or criticism is not what's going to help them make their game better.

Also, Shojino may have only played the beta, but that's still more of the game than you have seen, and so his views definitely have more credibility attached than someone who acts like a fanboy and has no experience with the game whatsoever.

I'll say it again, I am still excited about the game, and I think it has a lot of potential. However, I am not Sega's lapdog, and I'm not going to refuse to acknowledge a game's flaws.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-05-18 12:41, Kyuu wrote:
I for one have to agree with Shojino and Latiku. In my opinion, you're definitely being disrespectful of other people's opinions and points of view, Saner. Just because you make your insults vague and directed at the PSOW community as a whole rather than a specific person doesn't make them okay.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif Considering they are being disrespectful towards the ones who will be providing this game, I don't see how the "flaw hunters" are any less guilty. like you say, they are all opinions.

Sonic Team is not a perfect entity incapable of error, and complacently accepting whatever they toss out without complaint or criticism is not what's going to help them make their game better.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif criticisms almost never change a game already designed and over 90% done. There are better ways to let them know what you would like.

But ultimately it's up to them. So you're either in or out.

Also, Shojino may have only played the beta, but that's still more of the game than you have seen, and so his views definitely have more credibility attached than someone who acts like a fanboy and has no experience with the game whatsoever.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/frenchfries.gif Experience is no substitute for open-minded perception.

A person could visit Japan and might say it's the worst country in the world. Should everyone who never went to Japan, believe the 'experienced' one?

I'll say it again, I am still excited about the game, and I think it has a lot of potential. However, I am not Sega's lapdog, and I'm not going to refuse to acknowledge a game's flaws.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/hotdog.gif one sees flaws, another sees balance.

ShadowDragon28
May 18, 2006, 03:18 PM
The overexagerated expectations are a bit much IMO. The negativity, and concerns while understandable, are a bit much.

I am guessing ST main dev team is like 8 people most likely, and like probably 1 or 2 ppl are going to work on the new mission/quests (like it probably was on PSO ep 1&2) as the rest of ST will be very busy with the dev the new Sonic games for Wii, 360 and PS2... The do what coperate guys tell them to work on, and PSU is not their only Project.

In the interviewe He said "this will be a long project" which I read as in "we will add new missions/quests etc over time to make online PSU fun."

While SoA is usually a bit slow with updates and putting up new quests, the delay wasn't that bad. SoA probably has like maybe 2 or 3 people or possibly less to collect the new mission/quest data from SoJ and translate it to english and then upload to US servers.

So I can totally understand the delay for US players.
If I had to translate 25 megs (line 2500 words or more) of Japanese laguage texts for 1 quest, with no help from anybody else, It would probably take me a month to finish and code.
Then there's compatibility issues and fixing any bugs found. When SoA has like only perhaps 3 ppl to work on all that, there will a bit of a delay of a month to three months.

And if all the new quests/missions was to some how miracalously be available at a breakneck pace, every online player of PSU that played through all the quests would eventually get kind of bored and the numbers of players would probably drop real quick.

I would take those times in-between new quest addtions, to play Extra Mode and level up my character in that just-for-fun, or play the currently available online quests/missions a few times.

FYI It appears the SoA and nearly ALL the major game publishers where practically treating all the new "to-be-released between now and Nov) Current-Gen games like black-sheep of the family and only hyping Next-gen stuff.

The impression I get form many of the media (like G4 TV) is that Current-gen stuff was pretty much treated like it was "not important" i.e. like they where the "fugly in-breed cousin" they didn't want people to notice or talk about. Which was very disappointing IMO.

Of everything I've read about PSU, and all the pics and vids I've seen.

I am looking foward to playing PSU, and I willhave fun hunting for Item Syth. ingrediants,rares, chating with friendly players, and learning kick-@## Photon Arts and earning just enough spare Meseta to buy some nice classes and new clothes to look spiffy.

Kyuu
May 18, 2006, 03:28 PM
So tell me, where's the balance as far as HUnewearls are concerned? Their high TAP serves no purpose, and they're subpar in every other area compared to other races. Describe to me the balance. I'm not being sarcastic, I'd seriously like to understand.

Oh, and yes... I'll take the opinion of experience over a japanophile's expectations that Japan is a super-wonderful place, and that all Japanese love anime and have no racial prejudices whatsoever. Of course you have to take all opinions with a grain of salt, but you simply toss out any opinion that doesn't agree with yours using whatever excuse seems convenient.

And once again, people don't need your permission to feel disappointed or to complain about something they find lacking. We get it, you're an ST fanboy.

PJ
May 18, 2006, 03:37 PM
I like your post Saner. A lot.

I find it annoying the people who complain about ST. You know, "CANT SPELL STUPID WITHOUT ST LOL" Despite the fact they're posting on a board for a game they play, and for most cases, even 1000+ hours. The BB community was probably the worst for this. They whined, they got, then they whined some more. ST (Or rather, the ones who ran the US BB servers) was so good to them, and they probably complained the most.

ShadowDragon28
May 18, 2006, 03:41 PM
lol... I've never said Japan is "super-wonderful place", I for one know some Japanese ppl have some racial prejudice. I've experience such first hand.

I do think some ppl's expectations have run a bit too high, so some disappointment is understandable. Some of the concerns are understandable, the overall negativity is a bit much IMO.

But some posters here are going just slighlty overboard with expressing their opinions and complaints. Not referring to anyone in-particular. Just my two-cent opinion. Peace.

Latiku
May 18, 2006, 03:44 PM
So basically, you are not going to give up an inch? Its your view or the highway as far as you are concern.

Look, I am going to get this game. I have been reading about and following it since about October of last year. I just want ST to make the best game they can. Hell, that is why I accepted the last two delays. There was no fight out of me, if it took them longer to make a better game then more power to them. Yet given the time they have had, surely they could have done a bit more. The only reason PSU is better that PSO is because that is the only way they can sell games as far as ST is concerned.

Now, you can say 'I'm corrupting other with my aura' or whatever nonsense you want but at least I'm not blind to what is right in front of me. The game has flaws, get over it. I love this game as much as the next person but just like all games, it has flaws. I only point them out because I want other to see and hopefully do something about it. Look, now is the time to voice your opinion (careful though, saner might crucify you for it). It is better to let ST know what you don't like now rather than get the game and be stuck with something you are not happy with.
All I am saying is that it is okay to speak your mind. You should be allowed to without others labeling you and such.

Fleece
May 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
All of Kyuu's statements are ignored by my Emo shield.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 04:13 PM
All I am saying is that it is okay to speak your mind. You should be allowed to without others labeling you and such.

they call us lapdogs, some of us call them thumbsuckers.

I have nothing against people speaking their mind,

I just have the habit of speaking my mind about their opinions as well. I don't mind if they do the same to me (and they already have). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Saner
May 18, 2006, 04:28 PM
On 2006-05-18 13:28, Kyuu wrote:
So tell me, where's the balance as far as HUnewearls are concerned? Their high TAP serves no purpose, and they're subpar in every other area compared to other races. Describe to me the balance. I'm not being sarcastic, I'd seriously like to understand.

They wouldn't be that way if it was impossible to solo as them. Not all combinations have to have a significant advantage over others.

This particular combination of female Newman + Hunter provides a new style of challenge and way to play instead of just 'picking the best combination'.

Overcoming their weaknesses is simple because thanks to the practical real-time battle system, you are not screwed like you would be in FF11.

You can manually evade and look after yourself, even against waves of monsters. and the damage output for Hunewearls won't be so bad as people make it out to be. They obviously are not going to do 1 pt. damage per hit.

I believe Karen in the story mode will be a fine example that despite one's shortcomings compared to others, you can still survive and succeed.
Only power players demand more out of a class combination.

We get it, you're an ST fanboy.

a bad guess. I don't like all Sonic Team games, in fact most of my favorite games are not even from Sega. so your assumptions are invalid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

physic
May 18, 2006, 05:27 PM
I think the problem here, is while you might have a point with extreme negativity, you are an apologist. You say just be happy be thankful show respect, these people are not our parents or our gods, they are people selling us something. Just by the words you choose, we can see you believe in taking what you can get, while thats fine for you, People have to evaluate and online game based on what the company is doing,
Sega is seperating the servers; ok now throw out all the info and promotion you get from here, and japanese sites, go to SOA and thats the level of dedication you can expect from them. That is a real legitamite worry. The same people in charge of how much promotion and ifo you get will be in charge of when you get updates, the same people will decide whether there is a US beta. They decide how much info on psu is out, what type of community support. so far most of these things that could have been done by now rate a 0. I see no reason to be overly optimistic.
The game prolly wont suck, but how will the updates be? The community? your entitled to your just be thankful we ve been blessed attitude, but other peoples, what am i getting for money attitude is just as valid

Balthor
May 18, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-05-18 11:41, Latiku wrote:

Lots of people are doing it. As for creating a 'damn' game myself, that statement is so illogical that I'm not even insulted by your comment. I cannot make video games just as much as St cannot work at a hospital and do what I do. So feel to be on call for 48 hours before you call people thumb suckers.

Ummm, no.

If the food sucks at a certain place, do you go there and sit there eating the crappy food, and whine and moan during the course? No. At least I certainly hope not.

People here ARE thumbsuckers, this is Sega's game, if they listened to every person that had a game addition suggestion, PSU would be full of flying robots, and Wendys at every corner of Guardian Colony.

People are signing up JUST to complain and bitch about not being able to play with the "oh so holy superhuman Japanese".

People are signing up just to leech off info, and beg for Beta accounts (a while ago anyway).

They finally play the Beta, they finally get an interview Tomeeboy worked hard on, and what's the result? "I HAT SEGA I DONT THINK IM GOING2 BUY PSU NOW LOL"

My statement still stands, make your own game, or go play on FFXI/WoW/RO/Q/Z/UAZ/AGG/AGSAHJASG.

physic
May 18, 2006, 06:13 PM
Its not about teh gogly japanese, its about the support they will get versus what you will get. ANd that is not about what game sega decided to make, its about what game SOA or SOE wants to give you. So far they have given practically no info, no promotion, no beta. Thats stuff that SOJ wanted to have involved in their product.
As far as people sucking thumbs, thats an exceleent propganda term, but in my opinion, its better to suck your thumbs than to be a kiss ass starving for the affection of someone who through actions seems not to give a damn about you. Bitch and moan, why grin and bear it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2006-05-18 16:29 ]</font>

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 06:27 PM
i didn't understand a thing about your post "thumbs and kisses" oh well... whats all this negativity about??? If you're not happy, grab your self a corner in your room and cry it out.

physic
May 18, 2006, 06:32 PM
essentially sitting in the corner crying or sucking your thumb is no different kissing the teachers ass and being happy when they treat you like dirt. Maybe my bitching will have no effect, maybe it will, but kissing ass and being happy with whatever isnt gonna make anything better anyway, so i may as well complain, at least its being honest with myself

Tomeeboy
May 18, 2006, 07:15 PM
Let's cool things down a bit guys... there is hostility brewing here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I agree with the original post that things could stand to be a little less negative. While the negativity is usually a tool used to express concerns, it really only hurts things in the long run (just think about the impression it may give people who are considering the game for the first time). The best way to accomplish anything is through constructive criticism and mature discussion that doesn't resort to strong opinions being thrown around in the midst of a giant flame war http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nika
May 18, 2006, 07:17 PM
Rika and Nei also had magic at their disposal, and were far stronger then Newmans are in PSU. I argued for a speical ability because Newmans couldnt use magic while being hunters, or melee skills past 1 while being FO. Neither will be happening though, so you can be happy with our below-average magicless melee Newmans who are outclassed in every aspect by cast beast and humans except EVA and TAP (whoopee), when they used to be experts at closs range melee and magic
In fact, can we say anything about this now?,because ST said that it already balance. May be , in the future, you will see some weapon like magic-weapon : enable to equip tech disk !! or Hunter LV10 + Force LV10 become "Paradin" type!! RangerLV10 + ForceLV10 become "Magical Gunner" type . Who know ? it 's still many secret now. I beleive that every ST like a balance game. High TAP much be able to do some thing. I'm sure.

About delay between US/JP
It is normal !! isn't it? . Every game.. like FF series KH series..... same!! , yeah, I think it would be better if JP and US/EU release same date.... however, I though about it before that only a small chance that they will make it same time.

About seperate server.
I'm sad about this too. However, if you play a lot of PSO version, you will know that there are many hacker from US/EU(much more than from JP). And it make ST have a hard time. In GC ver, they have to make ver1.1 !! ( everyone has DARK FLOW. In fact, this not only from hackers but also bug by sega) Every time when problem like "too many rare item" occured, ST have to find a way to clear this problem. It is not easy,and some solution make many people blamed ST a lot.

Everybody has there own view for this game. This is just my opinion. Sorry if anyone don't like this opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-05-18 17:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-05-18 17:29 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 18, 2006, 08:03 PM
Yes, but Magic Gunner was the second-stupidest-looking dresssphere in FFX-2. D:

We're fanthings. We wank. It's our nature. You probably couldn't make me fully happy with PSU if Alis Landale herself rose from the dead, moved to the Graal system, knocked off Ethan and replaced him. ...OK, so that would make me pretty damned happy, Ethan seems pretty fragging annoying, but you know what I mean.

Though it's nice to hear everyone complaining that Online seems like an afterthought and the implications here and there that they paid more attention to the offline story. Maybe we can look foward to a kick-ass RPG. Sure, the storyline sounds retarded from what we know, but if I gave you a similar outline of PSIV's story, you'd be all 'What the shit, that sounds lame as hell.' and you'd probably be right. XD So there, some positiveness! PSU will probably be a decent offline RPG!

But hey, I kind of like the pessimism. If I assume PSU is going to utterly and totally suck, if it DOES utterly and totally suck, then my expectations have been met. And if it doesn't, they've been exceeded, and the good stuff will just seem even better. :D

There is method to my madness.

...I still care more about them getting off their asses and doing PSG:3 and releasing it and then releasing the trilogy of the remakes here in the US, though. :( (Though part of me wonders exactly what part of PSIV needs to be remade...)

Ahahahaha they should so totally change Rutsu's name to Noah for the US release. XD (If they're going to go psychotic and overboard with the references, they might as well go fully all the way with it. X3) Ooh, ooh, have him voiced by a girl trying to sound male. X3 Giggle.

Giggle.

OK, damn it, why isn't this game out yet? I need something to amuse me greatly. n.n

Saner
May 18, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-05-18 16:32, physic wrote:
essentially sitting in the corner crying or sucking your thumb is no different kissing the teachers ass and being happy when they treat you like dirt. Maybe my bitching will have no effect, maybe it will, but kissing ass and being happy with whatever isnt gonna make anything better anyway, so i may as well complain, at least its being honest with myself

we are being honest with ourselves too about what we like and are interested in.

your pride is having a hard time coping with the fact that they are not treating you like dirt, your own metaphors are in fact carving a false illusion of how they are treating you. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

poor physic, accepting the positive things PSU will offer is not kissing a company's rear.

Keep playing 'rebel' if you like, you are fighting a losing battle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ancient
May 18, 2006, 08:51 PM
I kinda mourn the loss of C-mode, as having super low times was a great indication of your skill in battle and teamwork, on an even playing field. In some ways having a super low time was more satisfying than even reaching level 200, or finding a J-sword, because it meant YOU were skilled and not just that you got lucky or had lots of time to waste leveling.
But then again, C-mode did not exist when PSO first came out, and it's possible that a comparable mode of play could be added to PSU once they figure out how to properly balance it. I remain hopeful, but I won't cry if it doesnt come to pass.
As far as PvP? It was a joke in PSO. Frankly there are so many other games which do PvP well (capcom fighters, FPS's) why should you spend time working on a portion of the game which will never match what other games have been built from the ground up to do, when you could instead use the time to polish the strengths of your game to a high sheen

KaiNova7
May 18, 2006, 09:27 PM
I just wanna touch on the subject of "all races being/playing the same". This has yet to be prooven true.In the interview tne job max level was 20...Which makes me think that you cant excell at all classes..
And ofcourse, just like in PSO, once characters got higher in lv, each class originality shines.Which I think will happen with PSU..
FoBeast compared to and actual Force(Fonewm) at high levels will display the diff...Remember(Shojino) you all played the beta, which stopped at lv 30..If we stopped at lv 30 on PSO...How much of the rest of the game would we not have experienced??
Now ask yourself the same thing but about PSU........
Lots to look forward too....Please Believe

KaiNova7
May 18, 2006, 09:35 PM
As far as PvP goes, I for one played alot of PvP in Pso...Lots of people did'nt get into it because off hand it seemed a little off..But if many took the time to look into it, such as rule battles or Forest battles. You will find out battle was much more fun than it is given credit..
Battle mode gave me more reason to play PSO..to search for better weapons, and etc..
So while I am dissapointed that currently there is no Bmode in PSU, that will not stop me from enjoying the game.

Stepper
May 19, 2006, 12:00 AM
You need to remember that PSU is not going to be the same game as PSO. Deal with it.

NightHour13
May 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
Agreed Latiku.

Lets just be darn honest people. The game is lacking and is showing no evolution. If a game like FFXI (no im not biased, i hate that game) can do somthing as awesome as free-roam, why not a game thats apearing on a next gen consol?

Ya know, what in the world is the point of having three gigantic planets to explore if you can zap down to area's that are preset? You KNOW your going to get to the end because its like following a pretty looking maze. I am most dissapointed in the reduced free-roam aspect because I am an adventurer at heart hahah. ST implemented vehicals and lunga's...For what? Does this say that some area's will be very large? Big deal! We know all know it's a preset path regardless of how large an area is. Entering a mission just so you can walk around outside is pure crap. I may be wrong, but if thats what i need to do WHILE worrying about my "rank", then this game has lost a huge edge. I know scenery is a huge aspect of any game; were all huge eyed scenery lovers are heart or we wouldnt be griping about this free-roam kill.

The user customization has gone down hill, admit it! You can be as optimistic as you wish but in the end your only fooling yourself. Were all going to be near identical in stats and the Humans/newmans are going to be laid to waste. Newmans especially are definatly not as "customizable" as they apear to be. A HuNewman is going to be massacred because their in the lower stat quartile in every hunter aspect. And not being able to cast magic? Absolute death of a Newman. I have fell in battle mode to many Newmans because of their awesome cross fighting techniques, so this has angered me.

Personally i think the online aspect is falling apart. In the offline version, i see space ships flying all over the place. Oops, what did you say Miyoshi? No nother vehicals? Damn, there goes exploring space. Even in PSO, some one as imaginative as me could study the walls (yes the walls) of the ruins and try to make up my own little idea of how this coffin came to be, how it would be to travel outside of it into that view from the window. Or what lies below that gigantic waterfall that Falz made in the ruins 1. I hope i can share the same (perhaps stupid) feeling of exploration and magic in PSU without having to worry about my mission or rank.

_Tek_
May 19, 2006, 12:39 AM
I won't comment until the game is actually out, and I've seen alot of reviews or played the game.

But I'll say too many people complained about certain based on what the beta gave us. Things like customization, items, areas, stats etc will surely be increased in the final version and as you play the game.

To keep this post short I'm not really going to go into it.

Oji_Retta
May 19, 2006, 12:40 AM
On 2006-05-18 22:19, NightHour13 wrote:
Agreed Latiku.

Lets just be darn honest people. The game is lacking and is showing no evolution. If a game like FFXI (no im not biased, i hate that game) can do somthing as awesome as free-roam, why not a game thats apearing on a next gen consol?

Ya know, what in the world is the point of having three gigantic planets to explore if you can zap down to area's that are preset? You KNOW your going to get to the end because its like following a pretty looking maze. I am most dissapointed in the reduced free-roam aspect because I am an adventurer at heart hahah. ST implemented vehicals and lunga's...For what? Does this say that some area's will be very large? Big deal! We know all know it's a preset path regardless of how large an area is. Entering a mission just so you can walk around outside is pure crap. I may be wrong, but if thats what i need to do WHILE worrying about my "rank", then this game has lost a huge edge. I know scenery is a huge aspect of any game; were all huge eyed scenery lovers are heart or we wouldnt be griping about this free-roam kill.

The user customization has gone down hill, admit it! You can be as optimistic as you wish but in the end your only fooling yourself. Were all going to be near identical in stats and the Humans/newmans are going to be laid to waste. Newmans especially are definatly not as "customizable" as they apear to be. A HuNewman is going to be massacred because their in the lower stat quartile in every hunter aspect. And not being able to cast magic? Absolute death of a Newman. I have fell in battle mode to many Newmans because of their awesome cross fighting techniques, so this has angered me.

Personally i think the online aspect is falling apart. In the offline version, i see space ships flying all over the place. Oops, what did you say Miyoshi? No nother vehicals? Damn, there goes exploring space. Even in PSO, some one as imaginative as me could study the walls (yes the walls) of the ruins and try to make up my own little idea of how this coffin came to be, how it would be to travel outside of it into that view from the window. Or what lies below that gigantic waterfall that Falz made in the ruins 1. I hope i can share the same (perhaps stupid) feeling of exploration and magic in PSU without having to worry about my mission or rank.

1. The game is an MORPG not an MMORPG. A key part of the game is instancing. And I like it that way. I don't have to spend time going through useless zones and whatnot. Freeroam has its issues (i.e. camping and others). There is no free-roam because its a different type of game. It doesn't matter what genereation it appears on. That is equivalent to saying just because MGS is going nextgen it should change to an FPS type game/some other type in my view. And the free-roam aspect hasn't been "reduced." It was never there to begin with. If anything, these larger areas give you more space to roam around in.

2. You are a making a big deal out of the rank/mission issue. All that decides is if you how much bonus meseta you get and how many class points you get. If you go into a game without those goals, you can do whatever you want. Its not that big a deal.

3. Online aspect going downhill? Elaborate. It is most definately an improvement over PSOs online aspect.

4. I don't think customization(char building) has gone down. I just don't think everything has been revealed about it yet. Just a hunch though. If it turns out to be right, I will simply be right. And I think the balance shift between races is a good thing.

Dre_o
May 19, 2006, 12:41 AM
Wow...well saying that I vow not to revisit this thread again due to it's stupid/brainless/ really funny argueing, I will say one thing:

Ok, you don't like the game? DON"T BUY THE DAMN THING AND LEAVE US WHO LIKE IT OUT OF YOUR COMPLAINING!

That is all

physic
May 19, 2006, 01:06 AM
why is it people go to a forum, and then ask people to shut up.

Balthor
May 19, 2006, 01:23 AM
On 2006-05-18 23:06, physic wrote:
why is it people go to a forum, and then ask people to shut up.

Why not?

Nika
May 19, 2006, 01:23 AM
There is no any game in this world that can make every people like.
About "freeroam" I don't like it, why monster keep appear?...for easier to make BOT ? (all "BOT" do is just walk around in the same place and keep killing enemy)
++freeroam of what I mean is RO kindof freeroam++
FFXI and RO and a lot more game are very easy for making a bot because you don't need to go into room into another area, find warp point. PSO don't have bot before! because BOT don't know how to walk!! if not walk to next area , monster won't appear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-05-18 23:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-05-19 00:20 ]</font>

physic
May 19, 2006, 01:36 AM
hey they re entitled to, but its sort of hipocritical bitching and moaning about people bitching and moaning. well long as everyone is getting what they want its all good

Tuxedose
May 19, 2006, 02:06 AM
About freeroam Miyoshi-San said that people will be able to free roam once they done the missions for an area. At least that goes for a few of the areas. So freeroaming is not only kept back to the cities. Also Beta testers may have played the game but its a known fact that Beta versions of games are most often far from 100% done. I mean come on Sonic Team will add ALOT more content to the game as time passes and the first version will contain more than the beta I am sure of it. Sonic Team havent revealed to much cause they probably want to give people more surprises. I for one think that PSU will rock!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alexandrious
May 19, 2006, 02:06 AM
On 2006-05-18 23:36, physic wrote:
hey they re entitled to, but its sort of hipocritical bitching and moaning about people bitching and moaning. well long as everyone is getting what they want its all good

This post made me lol'ed in RL cuz its so true....

Shigecki
May 19, 2006, 03:20 AM
On 2006-05-18 09:52, Lyrise wrote:
I'm going to copy a snippet of my own post in another thread.

Features don't make the game, but certainly add to the experience.

Speaking of features, also keep in mind, when this game was developed, it had the Japanese player base in mind, noting that even for PSO, it's at least 30 times larger than the American player base. In a business sense it's better to actually cater to the audience that will recieve it best.

This has always been a big problem I've had with Sega. They are losing too many potential customers because of this. If you just cater to one part of the whole consumer audience, you are losing out on a huge part of your profit. Maybe this is one of the reasons Sega only makes games and stopped making systems. They made great systems, but if only a small amount of games are released in one area and the majority in only a small area, you are limiting you profits. This is bad business sense.

Remember you already have these people in your audience, they will be there. Good business sense would be to get the others in you audience, not alienate them. It is all about profit, it's business.

I remember hearing that people quit PSO on DC after finding out that the Japanese players had more quests and items then the rest of us. That is money that could have been made, but was lost because of what you consider to be good business sense.

Now if it is true that the Japanese have 30 time more players on PSO then in the states, then I guess it would make sense. But on XBox today I counted about 200 or so players, and this is just the XBox, have no idea how many play on GC. That would would be about 6000 or so players on the Japanese ships on GC, wow I find this kinda hard to believe.

The way that Sega did business never made sense to me, but oh well, just needed to respond to this real quick, sorry if I went off topic.

By the way, I do have patients, and I'm waiting eagerly for the release of PSU. I have plenty of other games to play before my life is taken away from me by another installment on Phantasy Star.

I'll wait until there is something to complain about, then I'll complain about it.

therealAERO
May 19, 2006, 03:38 AM
Dude we didn't even get to see what the hell that subway was about. Or those doors in the colony mission, or the Area after the dragon. To those who didn't play the beta and actually experience what I did. Please keep your opinion based facts to yourself. There was many areas we could not go in the beta. MANY MANY AREAS. Such as a Club, Flyers Base???, some other place adjacent to the where you accept missions on The Guardian Colony. So please just wait till the game comes out.

Fleece
May 19, 2006, 03:44 AM
PSO was NEVER about exploring as such , it was about co-operation and doing runs. No matter what you were doing it was always about going through missions and killing things with your friends along a 'Set Path' which BTW are randomized on PSU, on PSO each 'Set Path' was set by section ID these are random.

zofia
May 19, 2006, 08:59 AM
On 2006-05-18 09:22, Ancient wrote:
Dedication or no hasent stopped the game from being fun, and having an active, thriving community for over 5 years. I played on PSOX, and we got it worse than anybody But you know what I still enjoyed the hell out of the game once I stopped caring what everyone else had, and just enjoyed what we got.

Great post, and awesome banner pic, Ancient. I really like that!

I agree, for the most part. It only really matters what *we* think, not what others think.

On the other hand, I don't expect perfection from Sonic Team. In fact, after DC v1 and v2, GC PSO JP, GC PSO NA, GC PSO+ NA, and PSOBB I expect... imperfection. But that's alright, because PSO is still the most fun game I've played over the last five years.

So I accept it, warts and all. I have intentionally read very, very, very little on PSU. I know almost nothing except for the bare minimum about it. I don't dl trailers, I don't read up on the systems or the beta reports, none of it. I'm going in fresh, without much expectation, simply looking for fun.

Seems like you, and the topic creator, and some others (overall) have a similar point of view.

Remember: some people will ALWAYS whine and be miserable yet post all the time anyway. I feel bad for them, but we can't change them. Let them rot in their own misery, its the path they've chosen for themselves, so who are we to tell them otherwise?

Neith
May 19, 2006, 09:07 AM
I love how people are basing opinions on the game entirely on the Beta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I'll judge the game when it's released, and after I've played it- not before.

Rihcky
May 19, 2006, 09:19 AM
On 2006-05-19 07:07, UrikoBB3 wrote:
I love how people are basing opinions on the game entirely on the Beta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I haven't played it at all and I still know I will love it.

:S

Saiffy
May 19, 2006, 09:33 AM

Yeah, people said USBB was great from the beta. Boy, did that community turn around fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

_Tek_
May 19, 2006, 09:36 AM
Yeah, when they to start paying, lol

Shigecki
May 19, 2006, 10:44 AM

Isn't this the point of having a beta run, it's a test run for the game. This is how the game gets feedback.

So isn't that the point of the beta to get peoples opinions on their games?

I'm waiting the pass jugdement too, after I've played the game. The people that played the beta test runs have played the game, and have nothing else to base their opinions on but the beta.

Again, this is the point of the beta test runs, to get opinions on the game, not just have a free run at the game. Movie studios give out free previews of new movies, this is the same thing, just a free preview of the game.

Kamica
May 19, 2006, 03:56 PM
Release Dates? I am pretty sure that ST doesnt want to be put into a posistion where a false release date would be put in yet again. If they were to put in a release date and they find out that more time is actually needed, they would disappoint. Something that they could possibly be focusing on is the balance aspect. A rank dragon giving too much money? Relics giving too much experience? HUnewearls becoming better? All things that could be addressed. Infact, ST may have aready addressed the HUnewearl problem. They may very well be compareable in later levels.

I think that people are putting too much blame on the game creators and not enough on US ST. Imagine a world where US ST gave out updates evenly, a world where the game was advertised and hyped up like mad in america, a world with US ST giving great support to US gamers. Would you still think that JP servers would be needed? Very very doubtful. Afterall, since the game does not require an extra massive amount of people like FFXI, you would not need the JP players.

Is there honestly any valid game complaint besides HUnewearl? Speak to any beta tester, they did enjoy the game. And this was enjoyed with only a fraction of the total areas,no rares, shops, and growth. There is so much that can happen so much later in the game that it is ridculous. The fact that beta testers played only a tenth of the online game and all got 100+ hours out of the game without being bored is a great thing. This means that you can expect a solid 1000+ hours of online gameplay. I am pretty sure 1000+ hours for online plus the hours of an offline game warrants the cost of the game.

Polly
May 19, 2006, 04:19 PM
From everything I've seen, during the beta test certain beta testers were all "OMG THIS GAEM IS TEH AWESUMS!!" and now there's this sudden uprising of "OMG THIS GAEM IS NOT TEH AWESUMS ANYMORE :( :( :("

A lot of the things I see people bitching about could have been addressed DURING the beta test. In fact, people like AzureBlaze were doing their damnedest to actually help in getting information posted to the beta BB. I'm almost 100% sure there wouldn't have been a problem getting someone to translate for you had you been a little less interested in getting to level 30, taking boring screenshots of yourself standing in one place, or rehashed combat videos.

People are acting like there wasn't a chance, when they had all the chance in the world being in the beta to at least say they TRIED to be heard. Now all they wanna do is moan and complain.

Kamica
May 19, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-05-19 14:19, Neiclaes wrote:
From everything I've seen, during the beta test certain beta testers were all "OMG THIS GAEM IS TEH AWESUMS!!" and now there's this sudden uprising of "OMG THIS GAEM IS NOT TEH AWESUMS ANYMORE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif"

A lot of the things I see people bitching about could have been addressed DURING the beta test. In fact, people like AzureBlaze were doing their damnedest to actually help in getting information posted to the beta BB. I'm almost 100% sure there wouldn't have been a problem getting someone to translate for you had you been a little less interested in getting to level 30, taking boring screenshots of yourself standing in one place, or rehashed combat videos.

People are acting like there wasn't a chance, when they had all the chance in the world being in the beta to at least say they TRIED to be heard. Now all they wanna do is moan and complain.

Your post doesnt really have any relevance to anything to tell the truth. The only beta tester that was actually complaining with shojin. All the other beta testers had minor complaints, but are eargerly going to anticipate the game anyway.

Polly
May 19, 2006, 04:42 PM
Right, because one thread dealing with the negativity surrounding the game now is dedicated only to shojin.

Please adjust your eyes to the "open" position.

Kamica
May 19, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-05-19 14:42, Neiclaes wrote:
Right, because one thread dealing with the negativity surrounding the game now is dedicated only to shojin.

Please adjust your eyes to the "open" position.

Let us look at your post again.

From everything I've seen, during the beta test certain beta testers were all "OMG THIS GAEM IS TEH AWESUMS!!" and now there's this sudden uprising of "OMG THIS GAEM IS NOT TEH AWESUMS ANYMORE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif"

Name one person besides shojin who is spreading negativity. You wont be able to.

Zephyr_
May 19, 2006, 04:56 PM
Funny how most of the negativitey is coming from people who haven't played the game, but have only read the interview. Amazing concept isn't it? That the people who have played the game, say it's good, and that it will be great. Yet the people who didn't play the game, say it won't be good.

Can someone explain this to me? How can people who haven't tried something, hate it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I for one, was in Beta. I helped with as much info as possible for Beasts, and shed alot of light around Nanoblast. I enjoyed the game, even though the amount of content was unbelieveably small. My character had 51 hours on the last day of Beta, and I was still wanting to play more with the little content we had. What can this possibly mean?!

It means that the game will be pretty 'uber' in it's full release. With all the content, and areas out, there will be alot to do. Which then turns into alot of time spent playing it.

If you don't believe that the game will be good, shut up and wait for it to come out and try for yourself. Instead of whining over release dates, and how Newman (the class made for force) won't be that great at hunter. (Just fyi, Newman ARE NOT supposed to be good at Hunter.)

Kyuu
May 19, 2006, 06:46 PM
(Just fyi, Newman ARE NOT supposed to be good at Hunter.)
Really? Is that why the female newman hunter has been a PSO staple since PSII? The most famous characters of both PSII and PSIV (arguably the best games in the series) were HUnewearls. Also, in PSO, the direct predecessor to PSU, HUnewearls made excellent hunters. Their damage was fine, their accuracy good, and their techs more than made up for their disadvantages. Where the idea that newmans quite suddenly should be compartively crappy hunters comes from, I have no idea. It certainly has no precedent in the PS franchise.

In any case, I think most people are pretty much galvanizing anyone who makes a perfectly valid complaint or a suggestion as to how something might be made better as a HATER of PSU, which is rediculous. Even Shojino never said he hated the game, and I'm willing to bet he will in fact buy the game and play the heck out of it. I am excited about the game, and eagerly looking forward to it. However, the feeling that you're not allowed to make any complaint against a perceived flaw or give a suggestion as to how you think the game might be improved is, frankly, preposterous. PSU looks amazing, but it's not perfect, and there are some perfectly valid complaints that can be made.

And really, the biggest complaint is just about the release date. Can you really blame anyone? We want to play this game so we can stop having to come to these boards to get our PSU fix. =P

Zephyr_
May 19, 2006, 06:51 PM
Now, I never said there were bad. I just stated that they were not made for hunter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I for one play a HUnewearl myself in PSO, but it is quite obvious seeing as how she has the lowest max ATP, that she is for a more support role. Which falls in the force category.

Kyuu
May 19, 2006, 06:54 PM
But she is still a hunter, and I dunno about yours, but I certainly do enjoy slicing up some monsters. Softening them up with a few techs first helps, and is something she's good at, of course. Which is the complaint with PSU's system... without the ability to use techs AT ALL, the HUnewm/newearl has no way to compensate for their poorer ATP. Which makes fans of that class/race combo, like me, sad pandas. =(

Saiffy
May 19, 2006, 07:07 PM
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Universe

Different...games? I'd think that's common sense.

Oh, and this paragraph

Really? Is that why the female newman hunter has been a PSO staple since PSII? The most famous characters of both PSII and PSIV (arguably the best games in the series) were HUnewearls. Also, in PSO, the direct predecessor to PSU, HUnewearls made excellent hunters. Their damage was fine, their accuracy good, and their techs more than made up for their disadvantages. Where the idea that newmans quite suddenly should be compartively crappy hunters comes from, I have no idea. It certainly has no precedent in the PS franchise.
HUnewearls had the worst ATA and second worst ATP of all the HUs. Nice...try? And level 20 techniques are moot with a FO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-05-19 17:07 ]</font>

Fleece
May 19, 2006, 07:09 PM
Shifta and Deband made up for their lack in those stats, so with shift and deband they became pretty powerful.

ShinMaruku
May 19, 2006, 08:18 PM
Being skeptical becuase Sonic Team is well know for fuck ups is understandable,
But too much negativty will frig you too.

As for the wankers, to hell with them, enjoy the game if it's what you like, cna't make other dicide for you, only you know what's best for you. The others can fuck off.

Kyuu
May 19, 2006, 08:29 PM
On 2006-05-19 17:07, Saiffy wrote:
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Universe

Different...games? I'd think that's common sense.
I can do you one better.

Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Universe

Hey look! I bolded MORE words than you! I win right? Of course... I've proven nothing. Except that my bolding is slightly more relevant since it emphasizes the fact that I'm fairly certain they're trying to keep within certain Phantasy Star traditions, hence the reason why it's still called Phantasy Star. Not Generic Online RPG II.

HUnewearls had the worst ATA and second worst ATP of all the HUs. Nice...try? And level 20 techniques are moot with a FO.Okay, so I was mistaken about the ATA. Sorry, been a while since I picked PSO up. The ATP comment, however, made no sense, since I specifically talked about their lower damage...

The point I (obviously, I thought) was making was the fact that the HUnewearl's poorer melee damage compared to the other hunters was compensated by their ability to use techs with a good degree of proficiency, and that the hunter class's inability to use techs in PSU negates that, and therefore leaves them as simply subpar melee attackers with no compensation. Which, as I said, has zero precedence in the PS franchise, and is saddening to fans. Of course they can make the game without any consideration the previous games or without any thought of actually making it have any relation to the name Phantasy Star... but they would certainly be alienating a lot of people by doing so. The Phantasy Star look, feel, and traditions are things that draw me to the games, and was something I thought Phantasy Star Online captured very well.

Of course, HUnewms/newearls did not make Phantasy Star what it is, and I never suggested such. They're merely a part of it. A part of it that I, and many others, are big fans of.

Of course, I am still hopeful that HUnewms/newearls will in fact be compensated in some way in PSU, so that there is a gameplay reason to pick them, not just aesthetics.

If you feel that HUnewms/newearls deserve to be an gimped race/class combo, that's fine. I just fervently hope ST doesn't agree with you. =)

{editing to clean up a little)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-19 18:31 ]</font>

Shigecki
May 19, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-05-19 17:07, Saiffy wrote:
HUnewearls had have the worst ATA ATP and second worst ATP ATA of all the HUs. Nice...try? And level 20 techniques are moot with a FO.

Just thought I would help you out my man.

PJ
May 19, 2006, 09:21 PM
On 2006-05-19 18:29, Kyuu wrote:

Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Universe

Hey look! I bolded MORE words than you! I win right? Of course... I've proven nothing. Except that my bolding is slightly more relevant since it emphasizes the fact that I'm fairly certain they're trying to keep within certain Phantasy Star traditions, hence the reason why it's still called Phantasy Star. Not Generic Online RPG II.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Riders
Sonic Advance

Oh look, they all have the name Sonic in them. They're all the same game. They all play the same too, since they're all from the same series! Nothing different at all!

EDIT: And I'd also like 6000 Chicken Fajitas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-05-19 19:38 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 19, 2006, 09:26 PM
I can do you one better.

Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Universe

Right, do you like being an odd one? It's still a different game. Same theme.

Here, I'll divide the games for you
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star 3
Phantasy Star 4
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Universe

All of which, completely independent from one another. Want newmans to be good HUs? Then go play Phantasy Star. Or 2. Or 3. Or 4. Or Online.

If you haven't noticed, Phantasy Star is like Final Fantasy with recurring things. Newmans, rappy's, etc.(WHY NO CLOUD IN FFX D: D: D: ). But they don't stay exactly the same.

Okay, so I was mistaken about the ATA. Sorry, been a while since I picked PSO up. The ATP comment, however, made no sense, since I specifically talked about their lower damage...

The point I (obviously, I thought) was making was the fact that the HUnewearl's poorer melee damage compared to the other hunters was compensated by their ability to use techs with a good degree of proficiency, and that the hunter class's inability to use techs in PSU negates that, and therefore leaves them as simply subpar melee attackers with no compensation. Which, as I said, has zero precedence in the PS franchise, and is saddening to fans. Of course they can make the game without any consideration the previous games or without any thought of actually making it have any relation to the name Phantasy Star... but they would certainly be alienating a lot of people by doing so. The Phantasy Star look, feel, and traditions are things that draw me to the games, and was something I thought Phantasy Star Online captured very well.

Of course, HUnewms/newearls did not make Phantasy Star what it is, and I never suggested such. They're merely a part of it. A part of it that I, and many others, are big fans of.

Of course, I am still hopeful that HUnewms/newearls will in fact be compensated in some way in PSU, so that there is a gameplay reason to pick them, not just aesthetics.

If you feel that HUnewms/newearls deserve to be an gimped race/class combo, that's fine. I just fervently hope ST doesn't agree with you. =)

It's the beta. Things change. Newmans don't have the best ATP for a reason, they aren't the best HUs. Sucks for people who want newman HUs? Oh...well?

Edit: And every newman online should be called Nei, since we're going with Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Universe being the same game

And for the record, it'd technically just be "HUnewm" when referring to Newman hunters, since newm isn't gender specific while newearl is.

And thanks Shigecki, dunno what I was thinking >_>;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-05-19 19:31 ]</font>

OutlawX
May 19, 2006, 09:33 PM
Lets just put this in perspective...PSU is gonig to be a kick ass online game that will sweep away all other Online games. People that think badley of PSU will be missing out on Phantasy star's greatest history. But, Saner you should be respected for the effort you take toward PSU! *Clap clap clap*!

Skorpius
May 19, 2006, 09:35 PM
Looks like the PSU community has gone into the shitter before the game has even been released. Nice going.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-05-19 19:35 ]</font>

PJ
May 19, 2006, 09:39 PM

Yes, the HUnewman classes should be "gimped". Newmans have the best MST. If they were made to be good Hunters, this is what we'd call UNBALANCED. I assume a FOcast would be "Gimped" as well. That's ok. This is what we call BALANCE. If you feel Newmans deserve to be unbalanced and broken, that's fine. I just fervently hope ST doesn't agree with you.

On 2006-05-19 19:35, Skorpius wrote:
Looks like the PSU community has gone into the shitter before the game has even been released. Nice going.
Thanks for yet another enlightening post Skorp. It was a great read.

physic
May 19, 2006, 09:40 PM
i think in the nature of arguing you have lost the point. Ok we get what both of you are saying. One says its new so should be new, and teh other says its in the world, so some thing sshould be teh same. Your prolly both somewhat right.

That aside, more than nei or anything else, there should be no class that exists for no reason in any game, they are generally a waste of space.
Under the beta system a few classes appear to be useless, hunewman is one of them.
I complained at the time because it was teh beta, and thats teh time to get things changed if at all, but i really doubt that they would really make some classes that are so obviously crappier than everyone else, different yes, crappy? that speaks of unbalancing, i think the producer mentioned balancing.
So i have to assume there may be some factors we either do not understand, or were not present in teh beta that will make people have some use for some stats off of teh main stats for that job. It wouldnt take much to do so, adding a few weapons with techs, or tech based weapon skills, even armor could boost stats based on tap.
Personally i think STs most annoying thing is seperate servers, and our fates being placed in teh hands of Sega America solely

Parn
May 19, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-05-19 19:40, physic wrote:
Under the beta system a few classes appear to be useless, hunewman is one of them.
And pray tell, why is a newman hunter useless? Because I would do 20 less damage than another race? Big freaking whoop. Players like yourself is the reason why MMORPGs like Final Fantasy XI are irritating to play, with people nitpicking over every little stat instead of just playing the damned game. Useless indeed.

OutlawX
May 19, 2006, 09:50 PM
Hey scorpious! what do you mean by "shittter"??? Did I do something wrong or something? I mean I gave a good fact about PSU not a bad one. I'm actaully trying to reserve Psu for when it comes out in October as gamestop said.

Nika
May 19, 2006, 11:05 PM
For Hunewm or Hunewearl, I'm sure the "magic sword" type weapon will come for them. It may be rare weapon.

NightHour13
May 19, 2006, 11:25 PM
Hah, ya know what. Pessemism (spell?) is a good thing my friends! If somthing bad happens, you were ready for it. If somthing good happens, then it's 2 fold =).

Everyone entitled to their opinions, regardless of who says "shut up" and all the insults. lol I can bet all of us are going to get the game any way cause in the end, were a bunch of Phantasy Star freaks hahah. I recall many times where i played games i despised, but ended up liking because it was just apart of the series.

I'v said some pretty anger influenced things on this thread, i'd like to take them back. The truth is, we'll never really know anything from the Beta. This game is a bit of free roam, at least enough for me. I'll be happy when it comes out and play it untill my eyes shatter from dry ness!!

Kyuu
May 19, 2006, 11:25 PM
Wow, some people just seem to get really worked up about this. o_0

I said it's in the Phantasy Star franchise, and so it should keep certain elements. I never said it should be the same game. Please don't argue against arguments I never made.

You speak of newmans being respectable hunters as being unbalanced, but if they're gimped, it's perfectly balanced. Huh? I'm not saying make them better/superior/uber. I'm saying give them something to offset their poorer melee damage. Make them different, but not inherently inferior. Again, please don't argue against arguments I never made.

Even if they don't, I'll probably still play a HUnewearl, because I always prefer to play what appeals to me rather than what is viewed better or more worthwhile. Still, it would be nice to have an equalizer.

Sorry for whatever unrest I may have caused. I didn't realize wanting my favorite class/race combo to be equal (not the same, just as close to equal as possible) was such a bad thing in so many people's eyes. Meh.

PJ
May 19, 2006, 11:33 PM
But Newmans have their place as the best MST, not as a Hunter. If you want to play a HUnewman, you have to live with ATP that won't be very good.

And what's with everyone calling it HUnewearl? >_>

Kyuu
May 19, 2006, 11:42 PM
HU is the abbreviation for the hunter class in PSO, and newm/newearl is the "abbreviation" for male and female newmans, respectively. So, HUnewearl is just a convenient way of referring to a female newman hunter. There's no indication of PSU using the same system, but I still find it convenient. Also this applies to HUnewms too of course, but in general HUnewearl was slightly more relevant to what I was discussing some of the time.

And I know I'll have to live with HUnewms having the lowest ATP, I'm not saying buff their ATP. I'm saying either make their high TAP useful for something (speculation of TAP affecting photon arts has been mentioned), or some other way of making them equal in terms of utility.

bstm300
May 19, 2006, 11:54 PM
On 2006-05-19 19:35, Skorpius wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-05-19 19:35 ]</font>

Yeah dude unless things cool down, I'm going to have to agree

bstm300
May 19, 2006, 11:56 PM
I think there are just way too many fan boys on here with over-inflated tech egos, lol. Honestly, are we constructively critisizing a game or is this flame wars.

Zephyr_
May 20, 2006, 12:35 AM
Wow, people go from fighting over release dates, to fighting over how a race should be broken, or not broken.

Kyuu: Tell me why Newman should get benefits to Hunter, when they already have benefits to force?

Nisshoku
May 20, 2006, 09:14 AM
Hell is it me, or do I seem to be one of the few here who's actually satisfied with what the Closed Beta had to offer? Sure, not -everything- was unlocked, and I'm far from being well-versed in Japanese.

As for diversity, they've done quite well so far. Granted, there may be a couple of things to change once the release date comes closer, but seriously... some of you are jumping the gun here. I mean, if you're interested in a certain character build, then play it for god's sake.

Don't worry about how the balance of races. You choose your own path, and if you're worrying about how you can't do something, then either make a new chatacter, or just shut it. They've got their own characters to worry about, and could probably care less about how you're fretting over something as silly as a class build.

Kamica
May 20, 2006, 10:12 AM
On 2006-05-20 07:14, -Nisshoku- wrote:
Hell is it me, or do I seem to be one of the few here who's actually satisfied with what the Closed Beta had to offer? Sure, not -everything- was unlocked, and I'm far from being well-versed in Japanese.

Your not one of the few. Like I have said before, the only person who actually played the beta who was complaining was shojin. Anybody else who has complained is a person who has NEVER played PSU.

Axios-
May 20, 2006, 10:31 AM
I haven't played, and I'm not complaining. Many of the things that people complain about can be refuted because it was just a beta and not the full game.

shinobu_seta
May 20, 2006, 12:23 PM
I'm really looking forward to the game. I think it's going to be a blast and I'm really excited ^_^

I also have the ability to be honest with myself and know that Sonic Team isn't going to give any support to it at all. PSOBBUS is a testament to that. We don't get half of the stuff that the Japanese players do, why will PSU be any different? It's the same company doing it after all.

Updates to come 3 months after the Japanese = we'll get around 10% of the updates and nothing else.

I'm just trying not to put myself in a position where I'll be dissapointed with the game.

Axios-
May 20, 2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I agree that we won't get the same amount of support as Japan. However, we didn't get the same support on PSO and that didn't stop me from loving it all the while.

Inazuma
May 20, 2006, 01:37 PM
its really amazing how you guys can complain so much like this.

i played the closed beta for 100 hours total. in my opinion, psu isnt just the best video game ever made, but better than anything else for that matter.

ST really did an amazing job. PSU makes PSO look like shit. i tried a few times to return to psobb jp, and i just cant stand it.

maybe PSU isnt totally perfect in every little way but its better than every other game out there. that really should be good enough -_-

a few words on some improvements that everyone may not be aware of:
- you can mute players
- you can kick and ban players from your party
- you can change the mission name/comment/item distribution options and password, even DURING a mission.
- the player shops are extremely well done. you can search for other player's shops via item name, player name or shop discription.
- the "my room"'s keep track of who has visited them and will give you a time and date. also, you can even check other players rooms and see who has visited. plus, you can go and visit any of those players rooms rite from that list.
- if you complete the starting tutorial, you are given a partner card from an npc. this lets you invite them whenever you want to help you in a battle field. they do take up a player slot but you can kick them outta the party anytime.
- cant use techs? the maximum holding limits for items such as mates has been increased to 20. also, you can still get shifta/deband/ata & evade up/magic attack & mind power up from ITEMS. there is even an item that will give you all 4 stat boosts at the same time.
- you can form a party w/ anyone anytime as long as they are on the same server and not already in a party. once you are in a party, the party never breaks up until you leave. so you can go fight thru grasslands, move to a different planet to do some shopping then go do another area and stay in the party the entire time. you can have members of the same party on different planets too. there is a party chat feature that lets you stay in communication w/ everyone no matter where they are. plus, you can check to see where each party member is at anytime.
- see someone doing a lot of damage and you wanna know why? you can check the stats and equipment of any player, even if they arent in your party.
- in addition to the regular chat bubbles, psu gives you the option for shout and thought bubbles. and the cut in chat feature adds emotion. all of these things together really improve the communication. oh and also you can change the color of your text to whatever you want.

there are many other ways psu is much better than pso but ill stop here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Deaf360
May 20, 2006, 08:19 PM
wow thank you inazuma you make me feel lots better about PSU! i like this stuff -change the color of text! -check other ppl's stats and equipment -my room have time charts* ppl come and it will stamp who come to my room! wow that nice! yea pso is a shite now but...yall need remember that without pso psu wont come! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fleece
May 20, 2006, 09:06 PM
I love you zumi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
May 20, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-05-20 10:23, shinobu_seta wrote:
I also have the ability to be honest with myself and know that Sonic Team isn't going to give any support to it at all. PSOBBUS is a testament to that.

You're joking, right?

She's joking, right?

I hope that's a joke. PSOBBUS was the most supported version of PSO ever to exist, as they had catered to every/a lot of all the whining done by the players.

Inazuma, you've gotten me even more excited for PSU. Damn you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif