PDA

View Full Version : Might be later than Fall...

scott1114
May 18, 2006, 05:01 PM
Takao Miyoshi announced that the release dates in JP and US are going to be very different. What does this mean? maybe 2 months, maybe 6 month, who knows?
And we still dont have a solid JPN release date yet, so that could mean we would have to wait till 2007...

vitius137
May 18, 2006, 05:54 PM
I think he said something like the US release will be about 3 or 3 and half months after the Japanese release.

EDIT: never mind, he was just using that as an example for his explenation on updates/patches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vitius137 on 2006-05-18 15:56 ]</font>

Kyuu
May 18, 2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that's something that concerned me as well. With no JP release date yet, and the fact that he confirmed the US is going to get a later date... I really hope we don't have to wait until 2007. =(

Tomeeboy
May 18, 2006, 07:30 PM
Well, the example that he gave was three months apart. I'm personally thinking that the release in the US will fall somewhere around October/November, as I'm sure they'll want it out in time for the holidays. Regardless, any delays will typically mean that they are improving the game in one way or another, and I'd certainly rather have that instead of a buggy game that was launched prematurely. Maybe they'll squeeze a US beta into there somewhere too... one can only hope http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bastille
May 18, 2006, 07:40 PM
I hope for a beta as well since it might help sway a few of my friends over to PSU

Saner
May 18, 2006, 07:45 PM
another beta might push the final release even further away.

at most, I think the U.S. version might make it on time in December.

but who knows there is still time in June to announce a date for Japan. if it gets released August, then it might arrive over here in Novemeber.

other hints show that the english demo at E3 may show how far along the english version might be.

so the 3 month gap between both versions might in fact be shorter depending on the conditions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

and if it does get pushed to 2007, well then it will be Elder Scrolls 4 all over again (and that's when we start setting up the tents. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

BulletTooth
May 18, 2006, 07:57 PM
Not sure why people are trying to talk around this.

Takao Miyoshi: I've heard Fall of this year for the Xbox 360 release

I can't imagine, the PC/PS2 being to far behind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulletTooth on 2006-05-18 17:58 ]</font>

Kyunji
May 18, 2006, 08:25 PM
You know, I somehow doubt that the Xbox 360 version would be coming out before the PC/PS2 versions. Although I would imagine there would be a simultaneous release, if anything, it would probably be the other way around, seeing as PSU has more than likely been in development for PS2 and PC for far longer.

vitius137
May 18, 2006, 10:55 PM
yes. that makes perfect sense. im still guessing early october for the release date.

McLaughlin
May 19, 2006, 02:31 PM
The 3 month thing was an example. The release dates could be two days apart for all we know.

PrinceBrightstar
May 19, 2006, 02:55 PM
I'd still like to know how we got from february to the end of the year.

Saner
May 19, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-05-19 12:55, Jonathan_F wrote:
I'd still like to know how we got from february to the end of the year.

Because they wanted to improve the network code, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

the main reason was to improve the online portion.
as you saw the Beta Test took place in May,
they needed more time so February and March were not possible. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Kano-Okami
May 19, 2006, 03:29 PM
Don't you mean 'Winter 05'?
Regaurdless of the time, I'm glad we were atleast able to experience the BETA (unofficially T_T). I'm sure ST is checking coding twice and working out kinks (like lip synching) before its all finished & ready to go, simple aesthetics. Once its done, we can all be happy and quit moaning/groaning about releases, and begin the moaning/groaning about Rare item drops/beastiary/synthesizing/rare enemies/etc.

Tystys
May 19, 2006, 04:51 PM
I really hope we get the Fall release date. To tell you the truth, anymore waiting and my head will explode.

-Klaus-
May 19, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-05-19 14:51, Tystys wrote:
I really hope we get the Fall release date. To tell you the truth, anymore waiting and my head will explode.

Agreed. <.<

Bastille
May 19, 2006, 05:10 PM
On 2006-05-19 14:52, -Klaus- wrote:

On 2006-05-19 14:51, Tystys wrote:

Agreed. <.<

It is a shame they can't rush release the PC version since some people who play it might not have internet connections. If it required an online connection then they could send out a hasted copy of the PC version, and continue working on making improvements up until when they plan to release the PS2 and 360 version and just make us patch the game to continue as well as reset our characters to make it fair... If they made it free to play for that time period as well, it would make a nice NA beta.