PDA

View Full Version : Lets all share our Opinions

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 07:17 PM
From the look of this wierd epidemic session we're all going trough ever since the interview was released. Some of us are feeling has if Sega Team are not treating us "Equal" to the Japanese players or better said "clients".

Shojin, i see where you're getting at and i fully understand and agree with you.

so the here is what i think.

I am bieng used, how about you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nedeti on 2006-05-18 17:34 ]</font>

Kyuu
May 18, 2006, 07:21 PM
I dunno, I don't really agree that Sega is purposefully trying to shaft its American players. I just think they don't truely understand what a fanbase it's got here, and are just being kind of negligent. That, or SoA doesn't have customer service as a priority.

Tomeeboy
May 18, 2006, 07:23 PM
Hmm? Banned from where? You appear to still be here, so it must be somewhere else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On the topic of sharing opinions though, it's great for people to share opinions and concerns about the game. It's how this is done that stirs the most controversy. I'd really like to put together a list of concerns/ideas to forward on to ST, rather than let them all sit here on the message board and collect dust. We tried to relay some things during our interview, and will continue to let them know how the community (on our site, anyway) feels about things. I think it's important to not lose focus of the good things, however.

Balthor
May 18, 2006, 07:26 PM
Banned from a chat maybe? 0_o

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 07:26 PM
Tomeeboy i thank you for every thing you've have done, great interview and it would be good to foward all our opinions to ST then leaving them here in the dark away from the light.

Banned from the Irc. without any good reasons <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nedeti on 2006-05-18 17:27 ]</font>

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 07:28 PM
Nedeti, you got banned because you flooded the channel...ETG does that automatically, you should be able to enter now though. (on a side note, pixelate if you're reading this.. I send out a hearty "Fuck You" for banning me because of my nickname "NewcomerKOAC".. I bet banning people is the only way you can nurture your tortured ego and low self esteem, just remember banning me wont make your mommy and daddy hug you.)

Anyway, back on topic everyone is entitled to their opinion -especially- on an internent discussion forum. I'm tired of all these people saying "quit your complaining" everytime someone dares to make an opinion against SEGA, its uncalled for and rediculous. Calling SEGA out on their failure to add some unanimously good features in PSU without reason doesnt mean I hate PSU, it means I want the game to be better and for SEGA to actually realize they have to put their best effort in this game for it to be an overwhelming success.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oShojino on 2006-05-18 17:36 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
May 18, 2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks Nedeti http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also, and this goes for everyone, please keep in mind that the PSOW IRC channel is run separately from the web site. They run off a slightly different (and sometimes stricter) rule set... it's sometimes best to stay around the forums where it's safe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

oShojino
May 18, 2006, 07:35 PM
I know they're seperate, which is why I didnt come on the forums ranting about it. But I figured while Nedeti was talking about IRC I might as well too.

Inazuma
May 18, 2006, 07:38 PM
i really think sega wants to link eng and jp vers together. that was their original idea back when pso first came out. however, it just couldnt work out like they wanted. and instead of trying to come up w/ new and better methods of cheater/asshole prevention, they decided to just seperate the regions.

Blue Burst was the first time they seperated the regions and just look how that worked out. (for those that dont know, the jp ver was virtually problem free). so now that sega has experience w/ linked servers AND seperate servers, they know the difference, they know all the pros and cons. and they know that having seperate servers worked amazingly well in having a near perfect online game.

so its not surprising that they decided to seperate the psu servers as well. they do not want psu to become like pre-BB vers of pso.

how can we have joined servers in the future? dont cheat, dont bother others, etc. if sega sees that the eng ver is well behaved, im sure they would considering linking the servers again in the future.

physic
May 18, 2006, 07:39 PM
I think that sega of japan focus on making contenet, and seg aof america are basically lazy dudes who sit on their hands too much.

Spellbinder
May 18, 2006, 07:44 PM
how can we have joined servers in the future? dont cheat, dont bother others, etc. if sega sees that the eng ver is well behaved, im sure they would considering linking the servers again in the future.

I find comments like this unsettling for some reason.

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 07:47 PM
we has americans should find a way to behave. *cough* I've played PSOBB JP with inazuma and i agree it was peacefull, no sensless flaming, cheating ('personaly it doest bother me, since i love have skillz that can rival those of modified characters/players lik on other games i play') better way to call it was Utopia.

But still the best way to show a nation the mistake they are doing is by comparing them to an other equal one. ( Politics sry)

They called the game Universe, it would be good at least that they release an update that will let us cross paths.

physic
May 18, 2006, 08:38 PM
thats because statements like that go off a false assumption, they arent seperating it because NA are bad behaved, in fact teh very notion of having to be on good behavior to get equal treatment, make yall sound like brainwashed minions. This is a product they supply, they arent giving it to us for free

Tystys
May 18, 2006, 08:47 PM
On 2006-05-18 17:47, Nedeti wrote:
we has americans should find a way to behave. *cough* I've played PSOBB JP with inazuma and i agree it was peacefull, no sensless flaming, cheating ('personaly it doest bother me, since i love have skillz that can rival those of modified characters/players lik on other games i play') better way to call it was Utopia.

But still the best way to show a nation the mistake they are doing is by comparing them to an other equal one. ( Politics sry)

They called the game Universe, it would be good at least that they release an update that will let us cross paths.

It'd be nice to play with JP players, but unfortunately the language barrier is a bit too much. Even with one of those word select things, it'll be rough.

EDIT: Don't use racial slurs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-18 19:22 ]</font>

Parn
May 18, 2006, 08:50 PM
Not really. Understanding one another really is dependant on how much effort is put forward.

Nedeti
May 18, 2006, 09:45 PM
playing with JP players on Closed Beta was enjoyable, my japanese improved by 15% http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif just to show how much you can learn with diffrent cultures