PDA

View Full Version : Different Types of Cloths?

Kalamari
May 18, 2006, 08:29 PM
From what Ive seen of the screenshots beta players have taken, it looks like the only style of cloths you can wear is wacky shirts and wacky cargo shorts. So my question is are there other styles of clothes. I plan on being a FoNewman and like any real mage I want robes!!! Please fill me in.

voxie
May 18, 2006, 08:49 PM
I think you're gonna have to wait and see like the rest of us. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (Psst, I vote bunny ears!)

Alexandrious
May 18, 2006, 08:56 PM
I hope theirs futuristic like armor for Humans, like with say a Humar, or Ramar, or even the designs used in PS2 and PS4. I dont like thread at all. lol

Numnuttz
May 18, 2006, 09:06 PM
naw bunny ears are nice but cat ears are better. but anyways yea i hope theres more cloths than what they have shown so far.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 09:12 PM
I seen clothes that look very formal and could pass for neat uniforms. I wonder if we can also buy and wear what some of the NPCs are wearing. one was wearing a style I have seen in PSIV.

Body Armor looks like it's too primitive for PSU's era of technology, which uses the neon lines (Linear Line) technology on your clothes to boost your defense.

EspioKaos
May 18, 2006, 09:27 PM
On 2006-05-18 19:12, Saner wrote:
Body Armor looks like it's too primitive for PSU's era of technology, which uses the neon lines (Linear Line) technology on your clothes to boost your defense.

Linear Line is actually the transportation system aboard the Guardians Colony. You're thinking of SLS, the Shield Line System.

Shinjiro
May 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
Although I like the clothes, in a way its a bit dissapointing that you cant get really 'armorish' clothing. Also, I don't like the system their using... Why cant you just get a selection of clothing, and pick the colors you want... not specific colors of clothing... To me, thats not very 'customizable' if you can't even pick the colors you want.

Alexandrious
May 18, 2006, 09:38 PM
Aye I really do want armorish stuff. So it will be a let down if its all thats available to the fleshies are clothing.

Saner
May 18, 2006, 09:44 PM
Ah yes the Shield Line System. Good memory. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

well I'm liking the clothing types I seen so far and it's great they are customizable in parts instead of one-piece, so that's a definite improvement. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vitius137
May 18, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-05-18 18:49, voxie wrote:
I think you're gonna have to wait and see like the rest of us. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (Psst, I vote bunny ears!)

bunny ears are good, and good thing cat ears are already shown.

HiKeRI
May 18, 2006, 11:16 PM
For now i have seen ga... looking outfits hope they dont look all alike futuristic in those that i have seen @@, something sharp or cool is what i seek ^-^

tank1
May 19, 2006, 04:50 AM
Bring back the RAmar portapotty uniform lol.

Dre_o
May 19, 2006, 08:59 AM
Well, lets not count anything out yet. As I've always said, this is just the Beta.

But on the look of clothing for the protection it gives, you could think of it like this: Back in medevil (sp?) times, knights wore huge suits of armor into battle, making their movement very heavy and unweildly. Now adays, we have all sorts of flexible, bullet resistant armor that we can fully move in.

PSO's technology is just "old" in respect to PSU. In PSU, you won't need huge armor plating to be safer, just slightly modified clothes.

But now that this rant has bored you to death, I'll just say yes, armor like clothing is good, but I will perfer my jeans and short sleeves.

Kano-Okami
May 19, 2006, 09:11 AM
I still want to see my old seizure inducing multi-colored socks, ;-;.
Hopefully they'll have some clothes reministent of the old FOnewms..
because I miss my ruffles ttp://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_gonk.gif

Ryoten
May 19, 2006, 09:56 AM
They should have some clothes that we can customize with symbols & diffence markings on them. Can you change the colors of your clothes & shoes to what you like?

kassy
May 19, 2006, 10:01 AM
The beta only had a sample of clothing available, I've dug up some screenshots of clothing from old videos that weren't available in the beta (perhaps they were available at the clothes shops, but I'm not sure)

It isn't much, but it's just to show that there'll be clothes types we haven't seen yet in the final release.
My apologies for the quality, best I could get 'em looking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

http://homepage.eircom.net/~boai/cast_clothes.jpg
http://homepage.eircom.net/~boai/clothes1.jpg
http://homepage.eircom.net/~boai/clothes2.jpg

tank1
May 19, 2006, 10:40 AM
The 3rd pic seemed to show Humans with coats like clothing could this mean trenchcoats in the final ver O.O!?

chibiLegolas
May 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-05-18 18:29, Kalamari wrote:
I plan on being a FoNewman and like any real mage I want robes!!! Please fill me in.

I have confidence in ST that since this is an online rpg, there should be a variety of styles out there that's yet to be discovered. It seems silly to not have some kind of robes types option for forces.
At least they've concidered the idea. There maybe some variation like this in the final version.

http://www.pso-world.com/media/psuartwork/roughsketch2.jpg

I just want options that look close to most varieties of the old PSO look. Perhaps some expensive, rare type that's unlockable inthe future perhaps?
I especially miss the FOmar and FOmarl outfits.

Alexandrious
May 19, 2006, 12:24 PM
On 2006-05-19 08:40, tank1 wrote:
The 3rd pic seemed to show Humans with coats like clothing could this mean trenchcoats in the final ver O.O!?

Trenchcoats...I do like those. Be an alternative to armor for me I guess...although I really do like body armor -_-

tank1
May 19, 2006, 12:34 PM
A trenchcoat wearing ranger with dual pistols would look gangsta lol.

Saner
May 19, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-05-19 10:34, tank1 wrote:
A trenchcoat wearing ranger with dual pistols would look gangsta lol.

lol like Outlaw Star, or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rihcky
May 19, 2006, 12:37 PM
Too bad you cant dual wield Machine Guns. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Matrix

tank1
May 19, 2006, 12:38 PM
Gene Starwind Ranger ftw!!! who knows maybe the finished game will have caster guns ^.^

ShadowDragon28
May 19, 2006, 12:50 PM
Coat # 39 (black trenchcoat) will be *mine*, with purple tone SLS, and slaying monsters with a great sword as a Hunter.

What is lame is the kiddies that will be copying "Neo" from the Matrix and dual pistol weilding Ra's... with short black hair and black sun glasses named "Neo733Tk!773R" and crap like that....*sigh*

It's lame, cause ppl will think I'm doing the same thing with my character,
despite the *fact* I wear a black trench coat In-Real-Life and have long hair (black but not purple) and wear black sun-glasses... *sigh*
See, I actually like to make my main-character/avater somewhat resemble how I look in Real Life....

Rihcky
May 19, 2006, 12:52 PM
Copying Neo in reallife is even worse than online. (JK)

Ill just use the tight techno outfits though. You just know everyone will be wearing trenchcotes.

Bastille
May 19, 2006, 12:56 PM
As long as I can have my character resemble my FOnewearl from PSO except with cat ears, I'll be happy

Ryoten
May 19, 2006, 01:07 PM
Maybe some of the rares you can find might have material for clothes. Who knows, maybe you can find different hair styles along the way.

ShadowDragon28
May 19, 2006, 01:16 PM
FYI, At no point in any of movies did Neo ever have *long hair*, and his glasses had slightly stretched oval lenses, not rounded lenses. Only Morpheus glasses's lenses where rounded.

I know you where j/k but it wasn't that funny. sorry -_-

Uncle_bob
May 19, 2006, 01:27 PM
On 2006-05-19 11:16, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
FYI, At no point in any of movies did Neo ever have *long hair*, and his glasses had slightly stretched oval lenses, not rounded lenses. Only Morpheus glasses's lenses where rounded.

I know you where j/k but it wasn't that funny. sorry -_-

I found it a bit humorous. You took it like an insult. D:

Bastille
May 19, 2006, 01:28 PM
If I start encountering a bunch of characters designed to look emo, I'm going to start demanding Sega puts in a battle mode

ShadowDragon28
May 19, 2006, 01:40 PM
I'm sick of ppl IRL assuming I'm trying to look like "Neo", when i've been wearing black trench coats and black sunglasses since 1997 (years before "The Matrix" ever came out.)

Far too often, stupid ppl here in Los Angeles IRL, that don't know me either shout to me "hey Neo!" or if I wear my long hair down "hey Ozzy! "

"The Matrix" producers copied the Goth-Punk styles from me and every other Old School gothy-inclined persons. I know there are kiddies copying the styles after the movies came out. Which is kind of lame.

So to me such blurbs are kind of annoying and stupid. I am not a streotype. Neither am a trying to "dress like Neo".

Actually I didn't take the comment as an insult, just took it as lame joke comment IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-19 11:42 ]</font>

Bastille
May 19, 2006, 01:41 PM
So you are not a stereotype yet you dress like the stereotypical goth?

Rihcky
May 19, 2006, 01:47 PM
It was just a little joke. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

I guess it's annoying when you get that all the time though.

ShadowDragon28
May 19, 2006, 01:52 PM
LOL. I don't wear my trench coat all the time. I worn my black trench coat since 1997, long before I even seen or heard of any "Goth" persons or posers wearing them.

addendum:

FYI my eyes are very sensitive to light (similar to an Albino's eyes) I wear black sunglasses to protect my eyes and so I can see clearly without squinting.

FYI I rarely, to never where make up. I don't own or wear 5" platform boots, I've got no piercings. I have yet to get even one tatoo. My pale skin is natural btw.

I like Rammstein, AND I like soft etherial music like Enya, Enigma, Delerium, as well as The Cure, Bauhaus, but I do not like Joy Division, and I can't stand "My Chemical Romance" and crap similar to them. I have a 3rd degree black belt in martial arts and study many subjects.

In otherwords, I have little to no clothes from "Tot Topic"..i mean "Hot Topic", and i don't wear any make-up, along with my varied and mixed intrests makes me a poor "stereotypical"
"Goth" ...and I dislike that label.

I am a person, not an asthetic style or some limited stereotype.

And the Goths were a Germanic Tribe from hundreds of years ago...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-19 12:06 ]</font>

Shinjiro
May 19, 2006, 05:17 PM
I want them to make a 'coat' resembling Tonnio's (from offline mode), I like his top piece of clothing.

Also, I want them to make a hoodie like Ethan's, I wear hoodies all the time so my char. would have it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinjiro on 2006-05-19 15:19 ]</font>

Saner
May 19, 2006, 05:23 PM
On 2006-05-19 15:17, Shinjiro wrote:
Also, I want them to make a hoodie like Ethan's, I wear hoodies all the time so my char. would have it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinjiro on 2006-05-19 15:19 ]</font>

I think Ethan bought the hoodie company after saving the solar system, and so no one can wear hoodies but him. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShadowDragon28
May 19, 2006, 06:33 PM
Maybe I'll make a 4 ft tall Beast with bright *red* hair, *white* shorts & *white* shirt and name him "Lord Gothy McHot Topic" just to confuse people....

Roken
May 20, 2006, 10:14 AM
Earlier in this thread a question about changing the clothing's colors was asked. I thought you were able to change all the clothing's colors, and some more detailed than others, such as instead of a coat having one color, its primary color could be white, red lining etc. Something to the extent of that.

_Tek_
May 20, 2006, 07:31 PM
No, the colors for each costume will be similar to PSO.
You'll have about 5 different color sets for each individual piece of clothing.

Also, clothes of the same number match each other. So if you went to CC and picked all the stuff numbered the same, you'll notice it matches.

Saner
May 20, 2006, 09:09 PM
wow so they are encoded with matching indicators? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Klaus-
May 20, 2006, 11:00 PM
On 2006-05-19 11:40, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I'm sick of ppl IRL assuming I'm trying to look like "Neo", when i've been wearing black trench coats and black sunglasses since 1997 (years before "The Matrix" ever came out.)

Far too often, stupid ppl here in Los Angeles IRL, that don't know me either shout to me "hey Neo!" or if I wear my long hair down "hey Ozzy! "

"The Matrix" producers copied the Goth-Punk styles from me and every other Old School gothy-inclined persons. I know there are kiddies copying the styles after the movies came out. Which is kind of lame.

So to me such blurbs are kind of annoying and stupid. I am not a streotype. Neither am a trying to "dress like Neo".

Actually I didn't take the comment as an insult, just took it as lame joke comment IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-19 11:42 ]</font>

Dude. XD

Calm down...It's just a joke.

And people didn't copy it from you, they probably thought it was just a good look. Stop being so paranoid. Seriously, people even before 1997 dressed like that. Chill.

therealAERO
May 20, 2006, 11:32 PM
We actually don't know that much about changing clothes. We only got a limited amount of styles as well as a limited amount of colors. I don't think we have just "5"

Cetus
May 21, 2006, 12:04 AM
As some say's it was only a beta.They won't show us everything there in it because they would'nt have a surprise.And maybe there some that are in the clothing store and not available at the caracter creation.By the way me to i want the Force style of clothe come back.I like it and my favorite caracter i have is a FOmar so i like the clothe style.Whic as other clothe will of PSO will be available in some way so everybody will be happy,but it also a new game in the future of PSO.

SirenV
May 21, 2006, 12:15 AM
I was going to say... "getting a little off topic are we?" But I guess it's still all about clothing, hehe. But yeah - I would expect wider options from the clothing shop.. what good is a clothing shop if you have the clothes you'd only ever want from the very beginning? It could have something to do with that (and maybe trying to make meseta more useful) But we'll see in the final version.

ShadowDragon28
May 21, 2006, 12:16 AM
Klaus......

I was refering to the fact that the *Producers* of "The Matrix" copied the goth-punk look from the *"Goth" Sub-Culture* of which I am only one insignificant(sp) part of. I was *not* implying they are anyone was "copying me". LOL.

I *know* other ppl in the "Goth" sub-culture (hate that label) and Club going ppl were wearing black trench coats, black sun glasses with either leather or pvc clothes before 1997.

I wasn't even talking about the "joke" and neither am I being paranoid.

I was only refering to Posers and Copycats IRL and Online; that their ppl who (like myself) *are* genuine get mistaken for being copycats or posers,
as there are dumbs**ts think anyone wearing a black trench coat with black sunglasses is copying "The Matrix"... Which FYI genuine ppl are not doing any such thing.

I was expressing my minor annoyance and concern. I could really give a s***t about Posers and Copycats. It's being mistaking for one which gets a little f***ing bothersome *sometimes*.

Sorry for going way off-topic.

Back on Topic.

It will be unfortunate that some players will try to emulate "Neo"
or "Naruto" or "SSJ Goku", or "Sephiroth" with thier created characters and the available clothing. Hopefully the full version of PSU will have more varients of clothes and styles...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-20 22:22 ]</font>

_Tek_
May 21, 2006, 12:24 AM
On 2006-05-20 21:32, therealAERO wrote:
We actually don't know that much about changing clothes. We only got a limited amount of styles as well as a limited amount of colors. I don't think we have just "5"

You didn't read what, I didn't say there'd only be 5 sets of clothes, I said it appears the each individual peice of clothing gets 5 color schemes.

Roken
May 21, 2006, 07:56 AM
So I guess if you were to make your character taller/shorter, bigger/thinner, the clothes would match to those sizes appropriately ? Or do you guys think it would bes streched graphics ?

Saner
May 21, 2006, 10:18 AM
the clothes seem to adjust according to size/proportion.

they have to anyways otherwise there would be major clipping.

Shrevn
May 21, 2006, 10:56 AM
At least you wont see in every lobby Yellow Haired HUmars named SSJGOKU SSJVEGeTAXXRT, SUPERGOKU, VEGETAPWNZ! or whatever... i swear
everytime i saw a spyked hair HUmar i died a little inside...
I also saw in youtube one of the videos there character customization at least for casts where they can completly change the color scheme of their armor im not sure if that can be done for clothes as well but i tought it was nifty.

Saner
May 21, 2006, 11:18 AM
It would be great if clothes NPCs wear are available in the shop too!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/weapons/grinding2.jpg

I really like what she's wearing (minus the hat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )! it's style is similiar to the clothes in PSII and PSIV. if they have that in green, as well as a red version, that would be neat! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Klaus-
May 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
On 2006-05-20 22:16, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Klaus......

I was refering to the fact that the *Producers* of "The Matrix" copied the goth-punk look from the *"Goth" Sub-Culture* of which I am only one insignificant(sp) part of. I was *not* implying they are anyone was "copying me". LOL.

I *know* other ppl in the "Goth" sub-culture (hate that label) and Club going ppl were wearing black trench coats, black sun glasses with either leather or pvc clothes before 1997.

I was only refering to Posers and Copycats IRL and Online; that their ppl who (like myself) *are* genuine get mistaken for being copycats or posers,
as there are dumbs**ts think anyone wearing a black trench coat with black sunglasses is copying "The Matrix"... Which FYI genuine ppl are not doing any such thing.

I was expressing my minor annoyance and concern. I could really give a s***t about Posers and Copycats. It's being mistaking for one which gets a little f***ing bothersome *sometimes*.

Back on Topic.

or "Naruto" or "SSJ Goku", or "Sephiroth" with thier created characters and the available clothing. Hopefully the full version of PSU will have more varients of clothes and styles...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-20 22:22 ]</font>

Um. >>;

If you hate that label so much why does your title say "Goth full-digital artist blah dee blah.."? >_>

Fleece
May 21, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-05-20 22:16, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Klaus......

Back on Topic.

*Points* HAH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH Look at him whine about how individual he is and how he hates being stereotyped, thats so gothic its untrue.

"But i did this first"

If you REALLY want to be individual and not stereotyped in THAT catagory then Shut the fuck up and stop whining.

I apologise for swearing but it's part of my culture.

ShadowDragon28
May 21, 2006, 05:56 PM
LOL.
I never said "I did this first" so please don't put words in my mouth I never said, or rather typed. I wasn't even implying such. Read my post more carefully.

FYI "Gothic" is a description of a certain kind of life philosophy and a visual asthetic. My pseudo-title does not say "Goth" but "Gothic".

I was expressing a *minor* concern and a certain point of view. Berating me, Flaming me is rather pointless. I had dropped it, so it it wasn't neccessary to say "shut the fuck up" or whine about my "whining" LOL.

Fleece
May 21, 2006, 06:21 PM
On 2006-05-19 11:40, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

I wasn't flaming, you were just irritating me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fleece on 2006-05-21 16:22 ]</font>

-Klaus-
May 21, 2006, 06:39 PM
On 2006-05-21 15:56, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
LOL.
I never said "I did this first" so please don't put words in my mouth I never said, or rather typed. I wasn't even implying such. Read my post more carefully.

FYI "Gothic" is a description of a certain kind of life philosophy and a visual asthetic. My pseudo-title does not say "Goth" but "Gothic".

I was expressing a *minor* concern and a certain point of view. Berating me, Flaming me is rather pointless. I had dropped it, so it it wasn't neccessary to say "shut the fuck up" or whine about my "whining" LOL.

Oh yeah real difference between Goth and Gothic. <_< *smirk*

ShadowDragon28
May 21, 2006, 07:08 PM
LOL. How does something that originally had nothing to with you "irritate" you?

Excuse me for expressing my point of view, and "whining" LOL.

I'm trying to drop it, yet you *seem* to take things as somekind afront to you for some reason.
I've dropped it, so just relax and have a nice day, ok?

Klaus: There *is* difference.

Goth: A germanic tribe from time of the Roman Emipire.
A person that is part of the gothic sub-culture. Some are genuine, some are copycats(i.e. Posers.)

Gothic: A style of fasion, music, art, that borrows asthetic design from gothic architecture from the Rennasaince(sp?) period,
any art or writtings that evokes the moods similar to that of the dark poems of Edger Alan Poe, the novels of Merry Shelly and Bram Stoker.

Any clothing that in some way resembles Victorian era funeral clothing; any object or style of design that evokes dark stoicism and sometimes meloncholy.
So "gothic" is a descriptive "umbrella" term for a kind of *style*, not a description of a single kind of person which the term "Goth" is used as.

Axios-
May 21, 2006, 07:10 PM
Doesn't anyone have anything better to do than partake in this mindless, off-topic argument? Someone needs to delete all those posts, and this one.

Fleece
May 21, 2006, 07:39 PM
Well obviously not as shadowdragon is insisting he's dropped the matter but always has to have the last word -_-

ShadowDragon28
May 21, 2006, 07:41 PM
I apologize for going off-topic.

The main comment/sentiment I meant to express was about how some players of PSO and then PSU like to create characters that emulate characters from Dragon Bal lZ or FF7, Naruto, etc. or copy any other fasion style just to be trendy or "cool", but are not very genuine or not original at all.

Which is unfortunate IMO, especially for any players whom create avatar-character with clothing fasion selections based on distinct personal tasts (lacking the desire to try to be "cool" or "fit in") that can be and are sometime misconstrued as "trying to be cool" or disingenuously emulating a particular pop-culture style, or sub-cultures' style when they are really not in anyway a part of it at all....

Sorry that things got off-topic.

justinbrady
May 21, 2006, 08:00 PM
i want a ninja/rogue look!

ShadowDragon28
May 21, 2006, 08:24 PM
While perhaps not totally original, i'm going to go with a techno-mystical, stoic, quasi-dark, avaunt-gard(sp?),
semi-gothic warrior look. Meh. Whatever.

Fleece
May 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
I'm making myself.......might as well. Shame there isnt realistic hair, i would've loved to see my long hair flying round the battlefield as i do some crazy ass PA combo. Damn the PS2 GRRRRRRRR Lol

SirenV
May 22, 2006, 01:32 PM
Shadow Dragon - Don't worry, I hated that too. Every time I saw another little punk Super Saiyan I wanted to scream, lmao. And it IS unfortunate that this can miscontrue and stereotype personal style. You can only take so much of that before the game becomes ingenuine, hehe.

I'll be making my first character based off of me too most likely now that the options will be diverse enough - I'm particular about personal style. And yeah, Fleece, I wish there was realistic hair too. I'll probably opt for a sleeker look. I really like those regal futuristic jackets and stuff hehe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-05-22 11:35 ]</font>

Saner
May 22, 2006, 02:16 PM
I don't think there will be THAT many super sayians http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

you can always retreat to another server. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheStoicOne
May 22, 2006, 03:00 PM
But you should'nt have to. I say " All gneric stereotypical players over here", and "All genuine originally rendered characters over here", and "All those who don't give a shit, play wherever you want"

chibiLegolas
May 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-05-21 08:56, Shrevn wrote:
At least you wont see in every lobby Yellow Haired HUmars named SSJGOKU SSJVEGeTAXXRT, SUPERGOKU, VEGETAPWNZ! or whatever... i swear
everytime i saw a spyked hair HUmar i died a little inside...

LOL. The same goes for Sephiroth and Cloud types.
And cause of the more recent Advent Children out on DVD, I'd hate to imagine how many AC spawns I'm gonna see in the future.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'
ENOUGH with Sephiroth and his theme song....

Fleece
May 22, 2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah im making Barrett the chunk of sexy man that he is.

I'm joking..........................i hope.

ShadowDragon28
May 23, 2006, 05:31 AM
At least you don't have a hyper 7 y.o. son who sings "one Winged angel" horribly, cause my baby's ma ma let him watch "FF7:Advent Children" though I managed to put a stop to it..mostly....lol.

Now a PSU character named and and made to emulate "Robert Smith"(of "The Cure") , "Morrisey", or David Bowie would be kind of funny and neat, yet too goofy. IMO

Tystys
May 23, 2006, 11:59 AM
I don't know what you guys are going to dress your character in.
I'm going Trenchcoat all dah way.

-Klaus-
May 23, 2006, 04:09 PM
Miniskirts, panties, and bows for all! D:

just kidding.

I'm more of a pants/shorts with a long coat type of person. o.o

I did see a really cool shirt that looked like it had a minishirt attatched to it, and I want it...however, I'd definately wear shorts under it. xD hahaha.

Kyuu
May 23, 2006, 08:47 PM
Hey! I like One Winged Angel (Sephiroth's theme song). =(

And you know you loved the whole sequence of Advent Children where that was playing! >.>

Anywho, yeah, I usually just put something together at the time I make it with little pre-planning. However, for my HUnewearl she'll almost certainly end up with blue/purple hair. I dunno, I always mess around with other colors, but always end up going back some shade of blue/purple. ><

_Tek_
May 23, 2006, 09:10 PM
Speaking of clothes it appears that we do get the clothes of the NPC's, just not the same textures.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EzPIFfv1HQs&search=psu

So you can almost make ethan but not quite. Perhaps they'll be rare or something.

Nuclearranger
May 23, 2006, 09:57 PM
Whats funny is if you wanted metalic armor why not BE A CAST they are meddle arnt they?

Fleece
May 23, 2006, 10:41 PM
You want black trenchcoats play the Matrix Online, LOL.

_Tek_
May 24, 2006, 02:42 AM
Actually the game has large jackets, it was shown in a TGS video or something long ago. There was blue,black,red,white ones, perhaps a 5th color, seems everything's in fives.

mechatra
May 24, 2006, 05:31 AM
I believe the fifth was primarily yellow.

Fleece
May 24, 2006, 05:31 AM
it was a joke

_Tek_
May 24, 2006, 02:48 PM
psu is serious business, until we get to play it.

then the fun business begins.

then its serious again. lol

Fleece
May 24, 2006, 05:03 PM
Knowing sega they will probably include the old rares. Well the popular ones anyway LOL

ShadowDragon28
May 24, 2006, 05:58 PM
If it's at all possible to Item Synth a sword that somewhat resembles the Sealed-J Sword, I would be in Bliss.. I really liked the look of the Sealed J, black blade and all.

*kills Seed monsters with my large dark-photon Great Sword to the Rammstein song "Engel"*

It will be fun building up meseta to build up a wardrobe of clothes (if possible) so my character won't always be wearing the same thing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-05-24 15:59 ]</font>

Fleece
May 24, 2006, 06:02 PM
Sealed J will probably be in the game as either :

A. A practically impossible and very expensive sythesis

B. An incredibly rare drop

ShadowDragon28
May 24, 2006, 06:16 PM
The more precious and majestic a sword is, the more challenging it will be to obtain/make, once such a sword is obtained it is more valuable to the one that finally obtained/earned it through lots of hard work put into the questing for the majestic weapon.

As the samurai beliefed, the sword is a part of the warriors spirit, an extention of himself. if it isn't earned or valued it becomes a pointless object to have, and the warrior ineffectual and laking true spirit.

I.E. anything that a person seeks to obtain or acheive is more valuable and has a greater sense of accomplishment when it it took hard work to achieve/obtain.

Fake replications or easy to obtain things are not valued as much and often dismissed as trivial and unimportant most of the time.

IMO rares are not the greatest rewards in either PSO or PSU, the overall enjoyment of playing with friends, making new friends, and teaming up with them to hunt critters and chit-chat is really what is rewarding.
Not objects (rares) but the good people one meets is what matters IMO.

-Klaus-
May 24, 2006, 06:31 PM
.... *burp*

If I can get any sort of sword I'd be happy. lawlz.

Dhylec
May 24, 2006, 06:32 PM
It's a long thread about a big game, so it's easy to forget or get distracted from the original subject. But guys & gals, please stay with the topic.

ShadowDragon28
May 24, 2006, 09:46 PM
My fingers are crossed that there will a few more more selections of clothes in the starting Character create and in shops in PSU.

BTW, Beta Testers, on the clothes, was the SLS's color changable during the starting Character Create or was it default green and not changable, how did a player change the Photon Element setting of the Shield Line? Was it a easy to change feature or could it only be done with equiped guards?

Lyrise
May 24, 2006, 10:11 PM
Default is always going to be green, because shield line colors are always based on the elemental affinity of your defensive equipment. The only way to obtain a good elemental armor? Synthesis (even though you can buy a few 10% elements in shops, but those elements are fixed).

Saner
May 26, 2006, 05:43 PM
no shield line playthroughs would be interesting.

Ryoten
May 27, 2006, 03:33 PM
I like the hood that Ethan was wearing. If there are more selection of these & baggy pants with color selection then I got the perfect line of clothes for my main character. For the females, dress plays a huge role for my lead female character. But what about Beast & Cast?

Neo_Strife
Jun 22, 2006, 12:30 PM
"I kinda like the shirts most Male Beasts wear, I'll have that on my HUmar...and Ryoten, Sakura's gonna look cool."