PDA

View Full Version : The Only Thing That Matters.

SephYuyX
May 19, 2006, 08:15 PM
Its not which system will be better, its not if the servers will be connected or not, its not even about the gameplay.

The ONE thing I want to know and care about, is if this game allows alt+tab/minimizing. Ill be very disgruntled if such a feature is not implemented. I refuse to be bound to a game, when a computer is for multitasking. The least I want to do is access web pages.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-05-19 18:16 ]</font>

Bastille
May 19, 2006, 08:21 PM
Then play windowed <_<

Sgt_Shligger
May 19, 2006, 08:23 PM
omg... never knew i could do that... someone told me that it was a key combo but i forgot it... alt+f4 wasn't it.

By the way, the game doesn't include that feature, your computer does and if the computer doesn't show it/switch windows, than the game is 'covering' the screen.. had that happen to me.

SephYuyX
May 19, 2006, 08:25 PM
On 2006-05-19 18:21, Bastille wrote:
Then play windowed <_<

Maybe its not window-able, maybe it forces you to play full screen and bound to nothing but the game, MAYBE.

I wont settle for anything but final game findings, as in; what people state about the beta, because betas always change.

Bastille
May 19, 2006, 08:28 PM
During the PSOBB beta, you couldn't alt tab unless you played it windowed <_<
And they will make a windowed option no matter what

SephYuyX
May 19, 2006, 08:30 PM
On 2006-05-19 18:23, SgtShligger wrote:
omg... never knew i could do that... someone told me that it was a key combo but i forgot it... alt+f4 wasn't it.

By the way, the game doesn't include that feature, your computer does and if the computer doesn't show it/switch windows, than the game is 'covering' the screen.. had that happen to me.

You had the oldest prank pulled on you; alt+f4 = close current window.

And yes, im aware that alt+tab still happens in the background, whether or not the game allows the actual change or not. For example; in FFXI if you alt+tab or try to minimize, the game will boot you out. Why? to stop cheats.

I know that other games such as RO and Gunbound that use nprotection(?), the security/cheat prevention program that PSU plans to use, does allow alt+tab. So that leaves some hope.

SephYuyX
May 19, 2006, 08:33 PM
On 2006-05-19 18:28, Bastille wrote:
During the PSOBB beta, you couldn't alt tab unless you played it windowed <_<
And they will make a windowed option no matter what

PSOBB was a wierd program.. Yes, alttabbing was allowed, but the game didnt like to run other applications that ran DirectX simultaneously.

Authenticate
May 19, 2006, 08:43 PM
Like he said, in the beta you could Alt+Tab if you had it windowed. If you have it set to full screen and press Alt+Tab, it'll close the game.

Skorpius
May 19, 2006, 09:36 PM
Welcome to GameGuard.

MXdude
May 19, 2006, 09:40 PM
Press the Windows key

SephYuyX
May 19, 2006, 10:05 PM
On 2006-05-19 19:40, MXdude wrote:
Press the Windows key

That brings the game out of focus = boot out. Hell FFXI disabled that key altogether when it's in focus, and I believe PSOBB (atleast the older client)acted the same way (booted out).

MXdude
May 19, 2006, 10:26 PM
oh, works for WoW lol

Nika
May 19, 2006, 10:54 PM
And yes, im aware that alt+tab still happens in the background, whether or not the game allows the actual change or not. For example; in FFXI if you alt+tab or try to minimize, the game will boot you out. Why? to stop cheats. May be.. yes,stop cheat by another program(not sure)

Axios-
May 19, 2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, that's the primary reason, and I'm fine with it.

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2006, 01:02 AM
The only game i ever cheated on was counter strike... and there is no anti-cheat anything.

Ryudo
May 20, 2006, 04:32 AM
On 2006-05-19 18:25, SephirothYuyX wrote:

On 2006-05-19 18:21, Bastille wrote:
Then play windowed <_<

Maybe its not window-able, maybe it forces you to play full screen and bound to nothing but the game, MAYBE.

I wont settle for anything but final game findings, as in; what people state about the beta, because betas always change.

You can play it windowed, or at least you could in the beta, but it takes a HELL of a lot of system resources

kassy
May 20, 2006, 06:13 AM
It's been said before, but welcome to the "joys" of gamegaurd...

¦D

SephYuyX
May 20, 2006, 11:05 AM
On 2006-05-20 04:13, kassy wrote:
It's been said before, but welcome to the "joys" of gamegaurd...

¦D

RO and Gunbound use the same software I THINK as PSU will, and it allowed attabbing, even in full screen mode.

So, hopefully.. somehow that means PSU will allow it as well.

Axios-
May 20, 2006, 11:14 AM
For what it's worth, Maple Story is on Gameguard and it can alt+tab.

SephYuyX
May 20, 2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah that game too.. god I hated that game lol.

Feran
May 20, 2006, 01:28 PM
okay... this is my experience :

Alt-Tab...Windows key... blah : minimizing, period. made the game crash/shut down.

BUT, there is a window mode where it IS allowed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (just strech window to your current resolution(bet you a PSU meseta that you cant notice a difference http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif))

SephYuyX
May 20, 2006, 03:29 PM
I dont quite understand the reasoning behind allowing alt-tab in windowed, but not full screen. But w/e as long as it's allowed some how.

Saner
May 20, 2006, 04:04 PM
sigh... PCs and their millions of 'issues'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PhotonCat
May 20, 2006, 04:19 PM
I seriously hope you can Alt+Tab in PSU.
It doesn't help cheating and ppl always find a way around it.
I think theres a program that lets you alt+tab in FF11, but I rather not have to use some 3rd party program to alt+tab myself.
It's dumb to not be able to alt+tab and it will make sales go down. A lot of ppl won't buy games if they can't alt+tab and theres no way I'm playing in windowed mode.

Alexandrious
May 20, 2006, 04:28 PM
K dunno if its been said. But I remember in a long ago post someone asking if PSU can be played in windowed, and yes it can. The betaer who answered even posted up a screen proving it.

So relax and rejoice! you can watch your animes, view websites, put on your mp3 or whatever you want while playing PSU.

Tystys
May 20, 2006, 05:03 PM
On 2006-05-19 23:02, SgtShligger wrote:
The only game i ever cheated on was counter strike... and there is no anti-cheat anything.

HAX, lol