PDA

View Full Version : A question I haven't seen answered *gasp!*

Spellbinder
May 19, 2006, 11:39 PM
A topic that doesn't relate to "t3h sUc|<z", Scary thought isn't it?

I'm not sure of the name of this, but I can describe it. Hopefully Beta testers can tell me if this has been fixed, or if it's at least not as severe as it is now.

I'm in a game with one other person and we're in Caves fighting enemies, but something's a little odd. Though we're both attacking the same enemies, on my screen it looks as though the enemies are where I am, my friend is swinging at them from the other side of the room... and hitting them!

Although it's never caused problems, I always found it to be a bit annoying. From what I've seen of Beta videos no one had this problem, so I just thought I'd ask.

physic
May 19, 2006, 11:54 PM
this is a lag issue, and its gonan happen sometimes even on good connections i assume, till the info resyncs itself when there is a hiccup

Zephyr_
May 20, 2006, 12:37 AM
I have seen this happen in the Beta. It's mainly just a latency issue with enemy de-synch. I only saw it with the Dragons in Parum, however.

Screenshot
May 20, 2006, 05:15 AM
I've seen this happen alot in the beta, more in the ruins type area then others but it still happened everywhere at some point. Just some not as much as other places, it was decently annoying. There gives way for a chance for it to be fixed by time the final version comes out though, this was just the beta afterall.

kassy
May 20, 2006, 06:04 AM
The reason it happens is because enemies in PSO are handled client side, and I presume like others have said it‘s a sync problem which happens due to latency, I suppose the way to fix it would be to have enemies handled server-side, but then when you'd lag, as well as seeing team-mates warping about the place you'd see enemies warping around on screen, which would be none to practical in the heat of battle.

Alisha
May 20, 2006, 06:08 AM
enemies warp like that in monster hunter >.>

Fleece
May 20, 2006, 06:43 AM
I think the monsters are server side, as when you see people swing in the beta videos theres a delay between them swinging and the monsters taking damage.

GhostDog3
May 20, 2006, 05:03 PM
Nice question. I do hope its a little bit better then before back on PSOnline.

Tystys
May 20, 2006, 05:06 PM
Meh, that sounds like either your or your friend is probably on 56 K.