PDA

View Full Version : How You Rank Character Classes

DonRoyale
May 20, 2006, 07:55 PM
Meh, just a thread I felt I'd make to bring up discussion (NOT FLAMES http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif)

Try to include a reason for why you rank classes that way.

As for me:

1. FOmar-The best Force in the game IMO. Easiest to variate between casting and melee, IMO.

2. HUmar-I'd pick HUcast, but the lack of magic really isn't worth the increases that casts get.

3. RAcast-One of the best classes in the game. HP recovery, trap-seeing, trap-setting gunners. (Just watch out for Episode 4)

4. FOnewearl-Hard to get a good look for, but poweful nonetheless. The insane amount of TP is worth the lowered HP/defense. Online, this is the easiest class not only to use (considering you teamup with HU's), but to team up with (because it's very easy to use this as a second character because you can just slap on a MAG with high mind, give it the disks, and voila)

5. FOmarl-Probably the sexiest class (:p) in this game. Very easy to get a good look for (coughSkorpCOUGHCOUGH) and has good stats.

6. HUcast-Still the strongest class, it's a very easy class to use, seeing as it has very very high ATP (even a low-level HUbot as your first char can breeze through Forest) The confuse traps also help

7. RAmarl-Eh, I feel it's a better choice than a RAmar, because it trades some accuracy and some HP for MST. The MST can advocate a good Resta, and the lower accuracy just means you'll have to get one more level to equip that Frozen Shooter/Heaven Punisher

8. RAmar-The good accuracy helps, but a weapon with good hit% can replace it. Still has balanced stats, though, which help.

9. HUnewearl-Better claw animation than HUmar. Nuff said.

10. RAcaseal-Meh, the defense isn't nescessary, because of the fact that they'll be fighting at close range. Besides, RAcl's have bad looks anyways :

11. HUcaseal-The evasion helps, but still, the good accuracy can again be compensated by a good weapon with good hit %'s.

12. FOnewm-Ugh, I just don't like this class in general. It's terribly overshadowed by the three other FO's. Unless you need the TP recovery that badly and you're sexist, you'll be using this class.

So, what are your opinions?

PJ
May 20, 2006, 09:24 PM
1-4: Forces

It doesn't matter which Force, but purely for SD range I'd put FOmarl/FOmar first, then FOnewearl/FOnewm. A team can manage without them, but it's harder, Forces make the jobs easy.

5/6/7 HUmar/HUcast/RAcast

As far as killing things goes, no one beats these guys. Strong! They kill things. RAcasts are so close to being a Hunter that it's not even funny, and they get shots.

8 HUcaseal

Terrible animations generally (Female and all), but ok stats

9 RAmar

Ranger equipment, good ATP, highest ATA and STILL has some MST (Better than none)

10/11/12 RAcaseal/HUnewearl/RAmarl

Adds NOTHING to the team. Absolutely nothing.

Oh, but if I'm gonna factor in cheap equipment that's rare and crap

1-6 All Female Characters
7-12 All Male Characters

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-05-21 12:27 ]</font>

Skorpius
May 20, 2006, 09:50 PM
HUmar RAcast FOmarl are on the top of my list.

I'm not going to participate any further since I'm sure I'd be forced to defend my opinions.

Jive18
May 20, 2006, 11:24 PM
I'm biased towards my main characters.

That being said, HUmar and RAcast are my top 2, by far.

REJ-
May 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
RAmar and FOmar are my favourites. Perfect balance between Stats, Items they can use, and Looks.

klepto
May 21, 2006, 02:06 AM
HUmar and FOnewmn tied for first. RAmarls and HUcaseals are EXTREMELY overrated.

Ether
May 21, 2006, 03:22 AM
#1 RAmarl
HUnewearl
FOmarl
FOmar
FOnewm
FOnewearl
RAmar
HUmar
RAcast
RAcaseal
HUcast
HUcaseal

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-05-21 22:53 ]</font>

Hrith
May 21, 2006, 04:03 AM
1- RAmarl: can do everything, and do it very well, can use the best weapons in the game, proficient with techniques, best solo char, average HP, high DFP, very high ATA, best EVP.

2- FOnewearl: scorches offline mode, best support char, what a force is supposed to be. Megid > j00.

3- HUcast: 1639 ATP, other hunters pale in comparison. Average ATA, but excellent DFP and HP, and the best trap growth -- the God hunter.

4- RAcaseal: like a RAmarl with traps and paralysis bonus instead of techs, clearly not as good for soloing, but very high HP and best DFP.

5- HUnewearl: arguably best solo hunter (HUcast, if you really like traps over techs), proficient with techniques. Average HP and ATA but has very good DFP, MST and EVP. Her ghetto FO abilities make up for her lack of efficiency in a team in tough areas.

6- RAcast: a RAcaseal with higher ATP but lower everything else, much worse animations and choice of equipment.

7- FOmar: surprising char... excels in nothing, has lousy HP and DFP, average supporter too, and worst ATA of the game, yet can... surprise you. Not a bad tech caster.

8- HUcaseal: HUcast-- or RAcast-- up to you. She has excellent ATA for a hunter at higher levels, but it will never make up for her lack of ATP. EVP is not very useful when meleeing, and her DFP and HP are barely above average. Crappy trap growth.

9- FOnewm: excellent in single mode Ep1, but not better than FOnewearl, falls behind her because of lack of support capacities. His average melee skills are worthwhile thanks to his 2nd best ATA of the FO class. Also 2nd best MST. Too bad FOnewearl is so much better than him, that's what makes him so average.

10- FOmarl: has good stats but uber crappy animations with over 80% of the weapons she can use. Good supporter thanks to double Resta, Anti, Shifta and Deband range, but low MST for a force. Best HP and DFP of the forces, but her animations along with her ATA kill her.

11- RAmar: good char, but... anything he can do, RAmarl does better, so why bother? Also has terrible HP level, it's not high enough to make a difference (like HUcast, RAcast and RAcaseal), but high enough to get killed instantly by some attacks (Saint-Milion's tornadoes, for instance).

12- HUmar: simply sucks, barely average at soloing and is more a deadweight than anything to a team, balanced stats, balanced growth, below average at everything at best.

RadiantLegend
May 21, 2006, 08:39 AM
On 2006-05-21 02:03, Kef wrote:
1- HUcast: 1639 ATP, other hunters pale in comparison. Average ATA, but excellent DFP and HP, and the best trap growth -- the God hunter.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif i love you kef....

EJ
May 21, 2006, 08:44 AM
well I can't really group the classes since my only character that I play with is my Fomar but I also have a ramarl that I used a lot and a Humar so guess I pick those three.

Shar
May 21, 2006, 08:52 AM
I don't feel like explaining at the moment but;

1- FOnewearl
2- RAmarl
3- HUcast
4- HUnewearl
5- FOmar
6- RAmar
7- RAcaseal
8- RAcast
9- HUcaseal
10- FOmarl
11- FOnewm
12- HUmar

About that >_>

Neith
May 21, 2006, 08:54 AM
HUnewearl, RAmarl *shudder*, FOnewearl are probably the most capable 3 classes in my opinion.

Saiffy
May 21, 2006, 03:04 PM
1. RAcast; Everyone shut up, I'm talking.
2. FOmar; See above
3. HUmar; See above
4-11. Fight amongst yourselves
12. RAmarl

Blitzkommando
May 21, 2006, 03:12 PM
RAmarl - Simply unstoppable offline and a great asset to the team online. Accurate, great suppport, great weapon selection, and can take a hit.
HUnewearl - The Hunter version of a RAmarl.
FOnewearl - Awesome techniques and bonuses, best force overall, especially at support.
FOnewm - Awesome techniques, lacking in support bonuses, awesome casting speed unarmed/with fists.
HUcaseal - Think of the HUcaseal as a Ranger displaced with hunter weapons. Hyper-accurate, decent power, although a lackluster trap growth. C-mode goddess.
RAcaseal - RAmarl minus techniques plus traps and is better at taking a hit but not as good at blocking hits.
RAmar - Eh, horrible techniques and MST but awesome accuracy and power for a Ranger. Nothing special but handy to have on a team with other means of support.
FOmarl - Lackluster support and techniques but decent power and accuracy, for a force. Horrible battle animations except for 'shot' animation. Oh, and the awesome "FOmarl fist 'bitch slap'".
FOmar - Better techniques and worse support than FOmarl but better power at a cost of accuracy. Nothing particularly amazing but better battle animations than FOmarl by far.
HUcast - Power, and uh... power. Lots of ATP and HP. Can take a hit and dish out big damage, when he hits. Give him S-Parts and he is better than a HUcaseal, without he is just lacking in the accuracy department.
RAcast - The Ranger version of the HUcast.
HUmar - Average at best, terrible at worst. The other hunters are better in all areas. If trying a 'ghetto ranger' pick the HUcaseal, if picking straight up damage a HUcast, and if a mix of everything pick a HUnewearl.

Eihwaz
May 21, 2006, 03:12 PM
My favorite character types are HUmar, FOnewm, FOmar, and RAcaseal. They're what I've had the most fun with.

Clover
May 21, 2006, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure how specific I want to be so I'll just go with tiers.

Tier 1: Hucast, Ramarl, Racaseal, Fonewearl

All excell at what they're supposed to be good at and have minimal disadvantages.

Tier 2: Hunewearl, Hucaseal, Ramar, Racast, Fomar, Fomarl, Fonewm

Mixed bag. None of them are basically bad characters. They have their strengths have weaknesses and some realy are just here because they get overshadowed by other classes. However, because of this I'd think of them as the more enjoyable classes to actually play as. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tier 3: Humar.

Just bad. Not a massive damage dealer nor are his techs good enough to make him a decent soloer or usefull in a party. Worst Hu/Ra in a party and one of the worst classes at soloing.

meimeilee
May 21, 2006, 05:14 PM
1.FOmarl~has low mst in the beggining for a force but makes up for it with her high atp at later lvls grows more balanced than any other FO
2.hunewearl~has a balanced growth potential,has ok ata,has tp recovery,good mst,good hp,good tp,good evasion,and good defense allows you to see all aspects of the game from a FO's point of view to a HU's
3.RAmarl~what else can i say,high ata,good atp,normal mst,normal hp,good evasion,good defence
4.FOmar~a fomarls brother has high atp,mst,low defence and hp(bad combo),and has normal evasion but crappy ata
5.fonewearl~excellent mst,low hp,good defence,good evasion,normal ata,to much atp to recover with that newman tp recovery unless your lvl 200 then its fast,overall the best class when it comes to tech casting
6.hucaseal~excellent ata for a hunter,bad trap growth,good hp,good defence,good evasion,nice animatiosn fro certain weapons,lacks in atp for a hunter,hp recovery
7.hucast~ i dont know how he got down here because hucaseal pales in comparison to him but his evasion isnt soo good neither is his defence but his ata is good his hp is excellent his atp is perfect and his trap growth is excellent,his hp recovery gives him an advantage
8.ramar~good ranger,has perfect ata,normal atp,low hp,low defence,low evasion,but being accurate from a distance is priceless
9.racaseal~good ata,low atp,high hp,high defence,normal evasion,the ability to take a hit is good but the low evasion makes it hard for her to dodge
10.racast~i dont know how he got down here but anways high hp,high atp,high ata,normal defence,normal evasion being powerful and acurate with a mechgun is priceless
11.fonewm~tp recovery is good,high mst,high tp,low atp,low hp,low defence,normal evasion,and normal ata,not the best for begginers,but in a team he is invincible
12.humar~a balanced class with good atp,good defence,good ata,and good evasion,but crappy later on cause in ultimate he will have lots of trouble doing damge as will all hunters until those red weapons kick in,crappy mst and tp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: meimeilee on 2006-05-21 15:16 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 21, 2006, 08:21 PM
On 2006-05-21 14:32, Clover wrote:

Just bad. Not a massive damage dealer nor are his techs good enough to make him a decent soloer or usefull in a party. Worst Hu/Ra in a party and one of the worst classes at soloing.

So you rank HUnewearls above it, which have less ATP and ATA for damage. And don't spout shit about level 20 S/D/J/Z. I'd rather have level 30 with a FO. Absoulutely stupid how blindly ingorant this is.

"humar r teh noobmar" grow up.

And to make a point. Play one first. "No way! Do you hear me? Humars suck" "Have you tried one?" "No, they suck"

yeah, smrt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-05-21 18:27 ]</font>

DonRoyale
May 21, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-05-21 18:21, Saiffy wrote:

So you rank HUnewearls above it, which have less ATP and ATA for damage. And don't spout shit about level 20 S/D/J/Z. I'd rather have level 30 with a FO. Absoulutely stupid how blindly ingorant this is.

Hey, I was about to say that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
May 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
I know, this isn't supposed to be a debate, just opinions, but... really, how does HUmar add, "Nothing to the team?"

How are they, "Not massive damage dealers?" Second best ATP in the game isn't enough damage for you? How can RAmarls be useful then?

What hunters are better in all areas? As far as stats go, he's got excellent ATA, and excellent ATP. MST? He can resta himself. If I'm in a pickle, I'll even use Rafoie. He has enough MST to do that. Just cause HUnewearl has better MST, doesn't take away the fact that HUmar can still do it. And HUmar has better animations.

DonRoyale
May 21, 2006, 08:35 PM
On 2006-05-21 18:30, PJ wrote:
And HUmar has better animations.

Before you get bashed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

There are no good Claws in this game, either. Therefore, don't whine about the claw animation. Sure, it sucks, but really, do you see any other class than HUne using Claws? (and only because it makes them look cool)

Ketchup Edit: Please refrain from using degoratory terms.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-05-22 12:48 ]</font>

Jive18
May 21, 2006, 08:36 PM
Humar... one of the worst classes at soloing.

Here's the thing, you actually have to try soloing with one before you make judgments about him.

Believe me, I exclusively solo these days, and my HUmar is just as capable as my other characters, if not better.

DonRoyale
May 21, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-05-21 18:36, Jive18 wrote:

Humar... one of the worst classes at soloing.

Here's the thing, you actually have to try soloing with one before you make judgments about him.

Believe me, I exclusively solo these days, and my HUmar is just as capable as my other characters, if not better.

My BB HUmar with a statless Dragon Slayer +3 can solo easier than my RAbot with Frozen Shooter and Spread Needle (WITH 35 HIT TOO).

So, are we clear, ppl? HUmar's don't suck?

Live it, learn it, love it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Clover
May 21, 2006, 10:22 PM
On 2006-05-21 18:21, Saiffy wrote:
[quote]So you rank HUnewearls above it, which have less ATP and ATA for damage. And don't spout shit about level 20 S/D/J/Z. I'd rather have level 30 with a FO. Absoulutely stupid how blindly ingorant this is.

Humar max atp: 1397 Humar max ata: 200
Hunewearl max atp: 1397 Hunewearl max ata: 199

So 160 atp and a mere 1 ata better on characters which generally use high atp weapons. You're saying this is better than a character that can help out healing on a team due to significantly more powerful resta? Can cast shifta and deband when a force isn't around?

You said this. Not me.

And to make a point. Play one first. "No way! Do you hear me? Humars suck" "Have you tried one?" "No, they suck"

You do have me here. To rate their team play usefullness I'm not sure how this is relevant. I've played with some excellent Humars and the still pale to what what other classes are able to do. For solo I'll admit to not maving to much to base it on. But without shifta and deband they cast themselves they are rather hindered.

How are they, "Not massive damage dealers?" Second best ATP in the game isn't enough damage for you? How can RAmarls be useful then?

This looks prett silly to me. You insist second best atp but ignore than hucast is far ahead while a humar is more comparable to the other hunters and rangers. In addition you are completly ignoring ata.

On 2006-05-21 18:36, Jive18 wrote:

Please tell me your profile isn't up to date :/. Your humar is higher leveled then your other characters with you closest being 125 racast. Not a class known for soloing either.

My BB HUmar with a statless Dragon Slayer +3 can solo easier than my RAbot with Frozen Shooter and Spread Needle (WITH 35 HIT TOO)

So? You're comparing him to a bot. I don't believe there are many who would say droids are good soloers.

One one last thing Saiffy. I find it interesting that you write "Everyone shut up, I'm talking." in your list then when you read something you don't agree with you start an argument and say how "Absoulutely stupid how blindly ingorant this is." <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clover on 2006-05-21 20:24 ]</font>

PJ
May 21, 2006, 10:31 PM
On 2006-05-21 20:22, Clover wrote:
This looks prett silly to me. You insist second best atp but ignore than hucast is far ahead while a humar is more comparable to the other hunters and rangers. In addition you are completly ignoring ata.

You ignored ATA by even talking about HUcast. Not to mention, I didn't ignore ATA. I said HUmar has excellent ATA. Not to mention, a way better growth than HUnewearl.

Of course, if you're thinking with S-Parts equipped too (For HUcast), here's my thought: I'm not gonna take time out of my schedule to hunt a ridiculously rare, crappy statted useless shield just for my ATA number to go up. At 191 ATA, HUcast doesn't actually need more ATA.

EDIT: I think people need to realise, character classes don't start off at level 180. And HUmar is still better than HUnewearl at that point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-05-21 20:32 ]</font>

Shigecki
May 21, 2006, 10:32 PM
I know, this isn't supposed to be a debate, just opinions, but... really, how does HUmar add, "Nothing to the team?"

Ok, first off I would rank a HUmar somewhere in the top five of all classes. I feel they are the most underrated and over used class in the game. They are most peoples first character.

With that said, they really don't add anything to a team. If there isn't a force on the team, a RAmarl or a HUnewearl can add 20's to S/D/J/Z. They both have level 20 resta, and can act as a makeshift force when needed. A HUmar is just there to be a meat shield and kill, but that's what all the classes do. They don't have traps, and their 15's really don't deal out damage, I use them for tagging for exp, not much else. This may be what was being talked about. With a force, a different story. This is why a good force is a necessity for a complete team. But without one, a HUnewearl and a RAmarl fill in adequately.

Remember, these are just opinions, so not much to really get worked up about. I believe most people posted them at or near the bottom of their lists.

PJ
May 21, 2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, the HUnewearl and RAmarl would fit in as a lackluster Force. Problem being, a Force should be on a team, and since they'd do less damage than a HUmar, they're useless on a team I think.

I mean, you could argue about Rangers Shots/Frozen Shooter for RAmarls usefullness, but if you are, go for an actaully useful Ranger. RAcast, ftw >_>

EDIT: And before someone comes in to say about RAmarl having better ATA.

Does any class need more than 200 ATA? I don't miss that much with my FOmar, who doesn't even have maxxed ATA (I opted for max Luck instead). That's 150 ATA, base, in Ultimate Online.

If you're missing with over 200 ATA, here's my advice: Shoot AT the enemy. It might help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-05-21 20:55 ]</font>

whiteninja
May 21, 2006, 10:45 PM
Going only by the coolness factor here:
1. Ramarl (Yeah, they are cool, despite the fact they all have cancer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )
2. Humar
3. Fomarl
4. Fonewearl
5. Racast
6. Fomar
7. Hucaseal
8. Ramar
9. Hucast
10. Racaseal
11. Fonewm
12. Whorenewearl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Saiffy
May 21, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-05-21 20:22, Clover wrote:
Humar max atp: 1397 Humar max ata: 200
Hunewearl max atp: 1397 Hunewearl max ata: 199

So 160 atp and a mere 1 ata better on characters which generally use high atp weapons. You're saying this is better than a character that can help out healing on a team due to significantly more powerful resta? Can cast shifta and deband when a force isn't around?
Uh, hm..

RAcast max DFP: 606 RAcaseal max DFP: 688
RAcast max EVP: 699 RAcaseal max EVP: 787
RAcast max ATA: 224 RAcaseal max ATA: 231

Consistent arguments win, yes?

Oh and, when is the Force NOT gonna be around? Sounds like a pretty shitty Force to me.(And man, I must be spoiled to be able to play with FOs who support three droids, that seem to be an endangered specious or something)

You said this. Not me.
Implications.

You do have me here. To rate their team play usefullness I'm not sure how this is relevant. I've played with some excellent Humars and the still pale to what what other classes are able to do. For solo I'll admit to not maving to much to base it on. But without shifta and deband they cast themselves they are rather hindered.
Your whole argument just became moot. Bye-bye(I have played every single class, before someone tries that)

One one last thing Saiffy. I find it interesting that you write "Everyone shut up, I'm talking." in your list then when you read something you don't agree with you start an argument and say how "Absoulutely stupid how blindly ingorant this is." <_<
One word for you "lol"

But more words, it takes two to argue. Don't try and make me look like a badguy, thx ;3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-05-21 20:56 ]</font>

Shigecki
May 21, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-05-21 20:46, Saiffy wrote:
Oh and, when is the Force NOT gonna be around? Sounds like a pretty shitty Force to me.(And man, I must be spoiled to be able to play with FOs who support three droids, that seem to be an endangered specious or something)

I didn't mean the force was off taking a break, the force wasn't on vacation, not out laying in the sun or having a cup of coffee. I ment if there isn't a force on the team, thus not being around. I haven't played with a force in like 3 or 4 months. This may be an understatement. I can't remember the last time I played a game with a force. Either a RAmarl or a HUnewearl had to do.

So, yes it must be nice to have one that supports you. When you are finished with it, send it over my way, I got next. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit: I did say that if not on team, you must be talking about someone else, but can I still have the force next. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2006-05-21 21:16 ]</font>

PJ
May 21, 2006, 11:18 PM
On 2006-05-21 21:10, Shigecki wrote:
I haven't played with a force in like 3 or 4 months. This may be an understatement. I can't remember the last time I played a game with a force. Either a RAmarl or a HUnewearl had to do.

XD

When I was on BB, I had to be the Force. And I was a HUmar. XD

Good times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Saiffy
May 21, 2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it wasn't directed at you. I know that I'd prefer 20S/D/J/Z over nothing if there's no FO, but, I'm usually ALWAYS playing with a FO in ult, and I assume most people on BB would(Cause they'd probably whine otherwise http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Skorpius
May 21, 2006, 11:20 PM
OK, wait..

HUmar's ATA (200 MAX) sucks, right? Why are HUnewearls (199 ATA MAX) better on a team again?

HUmar's DFP (579 MAX) sucks right? Why are RAmarls (577 DFP MAX) better on a team again?

HUmar's ATP (1397 MAX) sucks, right? Why are HUnewearl's (1237 ATP MAX), and RAmarls (1145 ATP MAX), better on a team again?

This whole "Deadweight" thing is ridiculous, and is disappointing that so many "veterans" actually believe this. Please, look at the character guides (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Character&op=viewtopsection), compare stats, and learn. HUmars do not add anything negative to a team. Their stats are on par with both HUnewearl and RAmarl, and giving all three Lv 30 s/d won't make them gamebreakingly different.

HUmars will still have:
> ATP
< DFP
= ATA
Against HUnewearls.

> ATP
= DFP
< ATA
Against RAmarls.
(but judging ATA of a Hunter to a Ranger is ABSURD anyway)

Even soloing, how do HUmars SUCK? They do it just fine. Just because a couple of other classes are built specifically for it (HUne/RAmarl), HUmars are completely worthless? I guess that means everyone else sucks at mathematics because there are scientisits and professional mathematicians? People that post in Fan Works suck because there are professional artists? Boy, I must suck at lifting boxes and moving objects around because there are body builders who are much stronger than me.

Oh yeah, list!

HUmar, RAcast, FOmarl
HUcaseal, RAmarl, FOnewm
HUnewearl, RAcaseal, FOnewearl

Classes I never played:
HUcast
Traps are better on Rangers, and I have my RAcast. And since I can get just about the same ATP with HUnewearl + 20 Shifta, I'll stick with her.

RAmar
I don't like the idea of having stats centered around having higher ATA, plus I already have 3 other Rangers.

FOmar
If I want to attack with Techniques, I have a FOnewm and a FOnewearl. If I want to melee, I have a FOmarl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-05-21 21:27 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
May 21, 2006, 11:40 PM
1. HUnewearl - the power of a HU with the ability to cast shifta/deband. Great at soloing with the ability to support a team. Able to use the some of the strongest weapons in the game.
2. FOmarl - incredible with support and able to melee. Decent ATA and great at casting.
3. RAmarl - the abilities of a HUnewearl with slightly less power and lots more control. Personally i find them boring to use.
4. FOnewearl - highest MST of any class. You can give her any bonus you want with different weapons, the only lack is the ability to really melee.
5. RAcast - highest ATP of any of the RAs. The control of ranger weapons PLUS traps.
6. HUcast - ridiculous ATP. That, plus traps. The only drawback is the ATA, which is fixable by s-parts.
7. FOmar - very efficient with melee weapons. Also good with support techs.
8. RAmar - good ATP with s/d ability, and of course the highest ATA which lets you hit with specials like demon's in places like towers.
9. FOnewm - best for offline hunting out of any class imo. High enough MST to fry everything in their path, not to mention TP regen.
10. RAcaseal - a RAcast with lower ATP and lower HP. Still the advantages of controlling weapons and traps.
11. HUcaseal - low ATP but high ATA. meh
12. HUmar - I hate to say it but, yeah theyre not very good at anything. I have two HUmars, both level 135, and i rarely ever use either one. They have good ATP, but without shifta its not enough online. Decent offline if your mag can support you.

Keep in mind these are my opinions on the most efficient classes more many different situations. Also keep in mind that its not the character, its the player. There is no 'best class', all classes are great in different situations.

Also, unless youre a really low level, theres almost no way to add something negative to a team. However, HUneys and RAmarls are almost always better in parties because of the support capabilities that HUmars greatly lack. HUmars have ATP and only ATP, whereas HUneys/RAmarls can cast a decent resta while s/d if there is no Force. Not to mention the RAmarl being able to use controlling weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2006-05-21 21:49 ]</font>

DoubleJG
May 21, 2006, 11:51 PM
Heh RAmar is my favorite class even though it's not the best. YAY RAmars!

R2D6battlebot
May 22, 2006, 12:09 AM
Ive also played every class of character and i still say that HUmar is the overall worst, on a team or soloing. They come in handy only for killing things, and even then only if they have s/d. I find online soloing with a HUmar isnt fun when it takes two restas to heal myself and i have to wait for 100 pb so i can do some better dmg. Even with the stats of offline enemies, its easy to use HUmars, but it isnt half as fun as using my HUney. As a side note, you people keep mentioning that HUmars are great with a FO in the party, but i thought this subject was 'How you rank character classes', as in individual classes without a FOs help. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2006-05-21 22:12 ]</font>

-Crokar-
May 22, 2006, 12:40 AM
you people whine and complain too much about shifta and deband and jellen and zalure.its not a neccesity to play the game and complaining about it all the time is just sad.i never use shifta and deband or jellen and zalure with any of my characters and i do just fine with out it. its not a very important factor at all.

list thing

1. HUmar
2. FOmarl
3. FOnewm
4. HUcast
5. RAmarl
6. FOmar
7. HUnewearl
8. FOnewearl
9. RAcast
10. RAcaseal
11. HUcaseal
12. RAmar

HUmar is my favorite. good atp def and evp they can use techniques they have decent hp. they are the best overall class and one of the best at soloing IMO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-05-21 22:47 ]</font>

Skorpius
May 22, 2006, 12:48 AM
As a side note, you people keep mentioning that HUmars are great with a FO in the party, but i thought this subject was 'How you rank character classes', as in individual classes without a FOs help.

It might surprise you, but all aspects of a character make them up as an individual. That means soloing, multi-play, with or without a FO. Most of the arguments about HUmars, as the focus of the topic has become, is that "they suck at everything" which is an argument you have just used, and is completely untrue. If you have opinions, and are trying to defend your reasoning, you need to have consistant logic. You also cannot constantly hide behind the cover of "opinions", as they are never pure. They CAN be wrong. My opinion is that the moon is made of cheese. That is my opinion, but you'll tell me I am wrong because we all know the moon IS NOT made of cheese.

Using the "Online versus Offline" argument is lame. You'll be playing with others online, and offline has lowered stats. Some characters are built for specific gameplay, as HUmars are built to be fair well with teammates and an average ability to be self sufficient. This is how their stats work, and they do a great job at being what they are. All classes are good for some reasons, and bad for others. No class is superior OVERALL, just slightly better than some in one area, and slightly worse than some in another. As stated MANY times in the past, it's all based off of personal preference, but many people keep forgetting what is preference, what is fact, and what is just pure nonsense.

The problem everyone is having is that they are trying to justify and defend their dislike for a character by making up stupid logic. If you dislike how a character plays, FINE! Just don't disregard sound logic. Don't try to twist facts and then claim it's an opinion because that just does not work. If you look at my post, I explained why I dislike the three classes I never use. I used facts and logic to explain why I decided to use other characters over those three. One thing I DID NOT do was claim they sucked, or that they were sub-par or below average at anything, because none of the characters "Suck overall". One of the most common beliefs is "if something isn't the best, it is the worst", and that is just illogical reasoning.

Everyone got it now?

R2D6battlebot
May 22, 2006, 01:51 AM
For one thing, I never said HUmars suck at everything. I have two HUmars at level 135, and from my experience playing this game i will say that they are the least capable and least fun of any other class. Also, if you were to read my previous posts you would see that I said there was no 'best class' too. Also, its not fair to say a character is better than any others when the character you're defending has outside help, i.e, a force. Be consistent with your arguments. You cant say a character is better when all it does is hide behind a force. By saying that something is the worst is not saying that it sucks. Thats like saying that the worst member of a sports team sucks, but he was still good enough to make the team right? HUmars dont suck, theyre just not the best by any means.

HUmars are average, and Harvard doesnt accept C students...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2006-05-21 23:53 ]</font>

Skorpius
May 22, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-05-21 23:51, R2D6battlebot wrote:
For one thing, I never said HUmars suck at everything.

Yes (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Other/oshi1.png), you did (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Other/oshi2.png).

Judging a character based on only solo is taking out the majority of gameplay and making the rationalization biased. You know, the whole "4 heroes" thing? The entire idea that the game is multi-player based? You tell me to read your posts, try reading mine, especially the first and second paragraphs of my previous post.

Also, my arguments are 100% consistant, by the way. Again, reading my post, you'll see "because none of the characters "Suck overall". Some characters ARE better suited for certain aspects of the game than others, this is FACT, it doesn't mean that every other character automatically "sucks". If you think otherwise, I'd suggest you take a look at the Character Guides (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Character&op=viewtopsection) to check their stats, and try to take an unbiased approch in you research.

And comparing PSO to Harvard is ridiculous.

By the way, I apologize to SereneShadows for making such large, off-topic posts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-05-22 00:34 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
May 22, 2006, 02:51 AM
Again, all you need to do is read the entire post. Saying that something is the worst is not necessarily saying that it 'sucks at everything'. Let me say again, HUmars do NOT suck, they are NOT below average, and they are NOT deadweight, they are the average, and nothing more. They do not excel at anything, none of their stats are the highest out of any of the other hunters, much less all the FOs and RAs too. Just because they are not spectacular does not mean they suck. Every other class has at least one thing in its favor, HUmar has nothing.

Dont misunderstand, not being good and being terrible are not the same.

Also, saying that i have a biased approach on this subject when youre the one who has not played all of the classes. >.>
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2006-05-22 00:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2006-05-22 01:03 ]</font>

xxTrystanxx
May 22, 2006, 03:21 AM
Hmm... Let's see...

1. *tie* HUnewearl/HUmar - While HUneys are slightly weaker than HUmar, I at least have the advantage of using S/D/J/Z to make up for it. Even then, I'm only using those when I solo. I've played other games that give HUmars a much cooler sounding name, and lots of people play them -- Paladin. Walking tanks that can heal themselves. I put both HUney and HUmar on top because I enjoy soloing and multi-ing with them, and when I play with people using these classes, particularly as a FO, I know that if things get dicey, a HUmar or HUney can run over and save my butt without saying "Dude, I just ran out of Star Atomizers."

3. FOmarl - Despite the opinions of others, I have never found my support capabilities as a FOmarl to be lacking, Has decent melee skills, but IMHO, got shafted in the battle animation department.

4. FOnewearl - Great for nuking. Sure, FOnewms get their boost to RA techs, which is more useful for hordes of enemies, but I get a real kick out of slapping on the appropriate merge and weapon and doing sick amounts of damage to a single enemy with a simple tech.

5. FOmar - I just love them for some reason. Granted they have low MST compared to other FOs, but they make up for it for being able to melee VERY successfully. And before anyone says they suck, I've played with some great melee FOmars. And their battle animations are, IMHO, some of the best.

6. *tie* HUcaseal/RAcaseal - I had never played a HUcaseal before until one time I tried one for C-mode. I really like the speed and unique animations. I really only like RAcaseals because they're so cute, however.

8. *tie* RAmar/RAmarl - While RAmarls are a great addition to a team, I put them on the same level for the same reason I put HUney and HUmar together. The differences, IMHO, are slight. What one may lack in one area, they make up for it in the other.

10. HUcast - While having LOTS of power is fun, I quickly became annoyed at the problems I was having with accuracy -- which really manifested itself in C-mode. Sure they're beasts, but I wasn't having any fun. And I hated having to pipe up to P2 for mates all the time because I kept missing and getting my butt whupped. (and this was with the high DEX mag and God/Arm!)

11 *tie* RAcast/FOnewm - These are classes that while they have their good points (RAcast's high power and HP, and FOnewm's great RA-tech boost) I kept creating and recreating and never could hold my interest in building one up.

Skorpius
May 22, 2006, 03:30 AM
On 2006-05-22 00:51, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Also, saying that i have a biased approach on this subject when youre the one who has not played all of the classes. >.>

I said I don't use the characters. I researched, played them, didn't like them, and prefered the characters I already had. But, that doesn't really matter because that's my prerogative (and everyone else's, of course). My words and arguments are 100% unbiased in this discussion, too. I'm trying to help you realize that your thoughts on the subject are inaccurate (HUmar = average = 'worst'?), and that you might need to step back and rethink.

Plus, I really don't want to keep clogging the topic, so I'm going to back down here. This isn't a cop-out of the discussion, because I'm not known for that, but I just want to end it here.

EDIT: xxTrystanxx's post is an example of a GREAT post for this topic. The reasons for the decisions made in her list were because of her preferences, not the character itself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-05-22 03:28 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
May 22, 2006, 03:41 AM
I didnt think it was possible to have innacurate opinions.

Also, the reasons for my class rankings are based on my preferences as well. I prefer to be able to support anyone in my party, and I prefer not to be carried along by a force.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2006-05-22 01:43 ]</font>

Shar
May 22, 2006, 05:31 AM
Skorpius is right people, I do not think this topic was meant to discuss each other's preferences.
Just because your favorite character is on the bottom of someone else's list doesn't mean you have to act like a whining idiot and defend that character. It is their opinion, let it be.

Also, on a side note, I placed HUmar on the bottom of my list. I need to say that he doesn't suck, infact, not a single character in this game sucks, I just like him the least. FOmarl is also a good example, I placed her 10th and FOnewearl 1st. Yet I know more FOmarls who are better at FOing than FOnewearls, it also depends on the player.

So stop the bashing and let people have their own opinions, for god's sake.

R2D6battlebot
May 22, 2006, 06:45 AM
If you read my previous posts on this subject i completely agree with you Shar. Ive stated numerous times that just because HUmar is on the bottom of my list does not mean that the class sucks, and that it is the player not the character that really matters.

biggabertha
May 22, 2006, 10:43 AM
It is strange how statistics are. HUcasts are undeniably stronger than any other character and yet a FOnewearl with the lowest ATP in the game and lower ATA can outdamage him even with one hit. A demons weapon can completely eradicate the ATP of the user and simply decimate the opposition. If equipment is considered, RAmar and RAmarl simply decimate the opposition for damage over time due to their extremely high accuracy.

If defences are considered, then so should the surviveability of the character be factored in. A HUcast with maximum HP, DFP and EVP cannot outlast a HUmar or a RAmar despite having higher statistics in these areas when attacked by normal enemies. It can be argued that there are simply cases where you will be hit for 1HP several thousand times in which case no character can survive even mashing a shortcut button trimate/star atomizer won't help. So defences cannot be readily be added in without much consideration.

Accuracy is highly biased towards fleshed characters. It is strange how fleshed characters can hold a weapon steadier than an android but that's another debate. Bottom line is, with hit% and equipment, these statistics are casually ignored. A FOmar with a 50 hit weapon is going to be able to land a normal hard special combo at max accuracy as a RAmar with the same weapon at maximum accuracy. It's true that possibly 80% of the time the FOmar will miss with the special attack but he does have 86 less ATA than the RAmar and can even "suprise" you with techs, weapons and demon special weapons. After all, success is best when won through adversity.

In Battle mode, FOs truly shine and in particular, a FOnewearl has a keen edge on the playing field. Virtually all statistics go out the window in Battle Mode and it is simply first strike, class bonus', equipment and experience that will win you the fight in Battle Mode. A HUcast may be at a large disadvantage against a FOnewearl but it doesn't mean he's got no chance of winning. A Varista with High Hit can potentially win the fight for the HUcast.

Finally, it is strange how no one has considered Challenge mode. Or even factored them into their opinions. Perhaps challenge mode is not popular enough nor is it worth dwelling on. Many characters are simply considered at their maximum statistics which are invariably difficult to obtain (HUnewearl in particular). These factors are not considered at all in challenge mode and it simply down to the skill level of the player and the luck of the draw for whatever weapons, equipment and items obtained. How well do characters fare without these items?

After all is said and done, this topic is still asking for opinions rather than hard actual facts. It'd be easy for me to say that a HUmar is a nice addition to the team but then, there are other characters that can outlast him. HUcast with more damage per hit consistently, any other flesh character but a RAmar for healing and teching power and a HUnewearl for a more general character. However, such advantages also have their disadvantages. Hunewearls have harder to obtain statistics, HUcasts have limited healing potential, and virtually all characters with better techs than a HUmar cannot readily take a hit as well as he can. But you could argue this is a biased opinion.

So it boils down to aesthetics and looks. Some will argue that a certain class is superior in looks than others yet taste is subjective. I may like chicken but you may prefer turkey. Whatever I say to you sin't really going to change the fact that they ultimately perform the same task (Being eaten that is) but have different attributes. You may like the price per kilo on turkey where as I prefer the texture of chicken. You may like short hair on your female characters and I may like long hair on my male characters. It's subjective like art is.

Just to stay on topic from this wall of rubbish text, here is my list:

1-12: All characters.

Some characters are simply much easier to play as than others. RAmarls and HUnewearls are actually very good beginners characters because they are that powerful they can get away with being played poorly. Mastered however, they truly shine and outdamage even HUcasts with correct equipment (Demon's Rifle/Handgun in particular)

Other characters are simply too difficult mid game or early game for players with little perseverance to see how well they shine at the end levels.

It can even be argued that a HUmar is the hardest character to play as due to their lack of strengths to enforce. RAmarls and HUnewearls you have the awesome 20 techs and fantastic female exclusive equipment (and Spread Needle for RAmarl) HUcast has power, FOs have the techs and RAs have the accuracy to virtually NEVER miss their target.

A HUmar at Lv 200 Action Replayed his way there whined all the way struggled all the way shows persistence and devotion to the game.

Can anyone tell what character I'm biased to? n.n;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: biggabertha on 2006-05-22 08:58 ]</font>

DonRoyale
May 22, 2006, 11:04 AM
Well, apparently, my little quest for other's opinions has led to a full-fledged war over HUmars.

Skorp is right. (as always http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) Just because of some minor stats difference, you shouldn't be judging character classes that heavily.

This shouldn't be a descision of "zomg like hubots have best atp ima pick them", when you're looking at a class like HUnewearl, who can be a much better contribution to a team (I mean, do you want to whip out a dinky Handgun to tag all those traps? Yeah, I'd rather use techs too)

Each class has certain qualities that make it better than one other class. There is no 'superior' or 'inferior' class, as much as it pains most of you to believe that. Just because RAmarls have 20 S/D/J/Z doesn't make them high nad mighty. FO's not only have 30 S/D/J/Z, but can dish out much more damage with techs than RAmarl can dish out with her weapons.

So before you go preaching "zomg 20 s/d/j/z is t3h roxxorz. huney/ramarl ftw lolololol", stop and think about other factors than 20 S/D/J/Z.

I mean, sure, who DOESN'T want high level support techs? But really, if you have a decent FO on the team, it nullifies the whole argument of "RAmarls > HUmars because of 20 S/D/J/Z". I bet you'll be saying that after a HUmar with level 30 S/D put on him hits an enemy with 30 J/Z for 500+ damage. >_>

Just saying, if you're that biased, you should honestly try teaming up a HUmar, a RAmarl, and a FO, and see who really gets left in the dust.

-Crokar-
May 22, 2006, 11:26 AM
I mean, sure, who DOESN'T want high level support techs? But really, if you have a decent FO on the team, it nullifies the whole argument of "RAmarls > HUmars because of 20 S/D/J/Z". I bet you'll be saying that after a HUmar with level 30 S/D put on him hits an enemy with 30 J/Z for 500+ damage. >_>

like i said earlier high level support techs are not a neccesity. and a humar with no shifta and deband can do way more than 500 damage to an enemy in one hit with no jellen ands zalure.

DonRoyale
May 22, 2006, 11:34 AM
On 2006-05-22 09:26, -Crokar- wrote:

like i said earlier high level support techs are not a neccesity. and a humar with no shifta and deband can do way more than 500 damage to an enemy in one hit with no jellen ands zalure.

^_^

-Crokar-
May 22, 2006, 11:58 AM
i know you said 500+ but you should of picked a higher number ^_^

Hrith
May 22, 2006, 02:33 PM
I can play, too.

How are they, "Not massive damage dealers?" Second best ATP in the game isn't enough damage for you? How can RAmarls be useful then?41 more ATA? it's really funny to see HUmars go for MISS and me dealing twice their damage with Berserk equipment.

So many years and you still fail so miserably each time.

And HUmar has better animations.killing your own credibility?

Not to mention, a way better growth than HUnewearl.Irrelevant, only max stats matter. Heavenly/Arms completely nullifies this argument.

Of course, if you're thinking with S-Parts equipped too (For HUcast), here's my thought: I'm not gonna take time out of my schedule to hunt a ridiculously rare, crappy statted useless shield just for my ATA number to go up. At 191 ATA, HUcast doesn't actually need more ATA.RAcast at 224 does not have enough, so no. Get out of Forest, maybe?
I play mostly Desert, I outdamage HUcasts because they miss so much.

I've said this hundreds of times, but
HUcast: 1000-1300-MISS
RAmarl: 800-800-1500
We all know who wins.

And HUmar is still better than HUnewearl at that point.HUmar is not better than HUnewearl at Lv 50, 100, 150 or 180, not ever. With the best possible equipment and stats he will deal 50 more damage per hit, while sucking a lot more at everything else.
Open your fanboy eyes.

On 2006-05-21 20:34, PJ wrote:
Yeah, the HUnewearl and RAmarl would fit in as a lackluster Force. Problem being, a Force should be on a team, and since they'd do less damage than a HUmar, they're useless on a team I think.HUmar is not useless to a team, he makes it worse.

If you still think RAmarl -- who's probably the highest damage dealer in the game -- deals less damage than HUmar, quit PSO, because you fail more than words can express.

I love HUcast, I have one at Lv 195, and people who played with me as Kefka know that's I'm a very good HUcast player, but even I admit that RAmarl will deal more damage, especially with Ep4 equipment.

I mean, you could argue about Rangers Shots/Frozen Shooter for RAmarls usefullness, but if you are, go for an actaully useful Ranger. RAcast, ftw >_>RAmarl and RAcaseal are much better Rangers, especially in a team.

I have two Lv 200 RAmarls, a 174 RAcast and a 182 RAcaseal, I can certify RAcast is the worst of the three (RAmar sucks so much he's out of the ranking).

Does any class need more than 200 ATA? I don't miss that much with my FOmar, who doesn't even have maxxed ATA (I opted for max Luck instead). That's 150 ATA, base, in Ultimate Online.

If you're missing with over 200 ATA, here's my advice: Shoot AT the enemy. It might help.Nobody is buying your dreadfully biased and inacurrate statements.
I know for a fact 200 base ATA = miss in most areas with weapons that have 50 ATA on average.
This is a fact (there are charts on this, you know), so drop the bullshit, we know Hunter ATA is not enough to hit consistently. Heck, RAcast/HUcaseal ATA is NOT enough, really, stop ridiculing yourself.

On 2006-05-21 20:46, Saiffy wrote:
Oh and, when is the Force NOT gonna be around? Sounds like a pretty shitty Force to me.(And man, I must be spoiled to be able to play with FOs who support three droids, that seem to be an endangered specious or something)This happens more than you'd think. I mean a game without a Force at all, not a shitty Force.

Good job on turning the thread into a personal argment of opinion-bashing.
For once, the topic was clear, it's how you rank classes, not who's best. We know RAmarl is the best, there is no surprise about this after almost four years.

The funny thing is people comparing only one, two or three stats, or only specific situations.
Unless you include everything, your argument is null and void.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2006-05-22 12:37 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 22, 2006, 02:44 PM
Read posts much. This didn't start til someone had the balls to say HUmars are just terrible, without even playing one. Stupid, yes? It's like saying a console sucks without ever owning, playing or seeing one. It's just ignorant.

And yeah, everyone on BB whines about everything, I figured everyone would whine if there wasn't a FO in the team.

And since this works for other people, get a humar to 120 then judge them plz. My RAmarl is 120, and adds nothing to a team.

PJ
May 22, 2006, 02:48 PM
On 2006-05-22 12:33, Kef wrote:
Open your fanboy eyes.

This IS Irony. Hilarious.

Play the god damn game. As I said, "If you're missing, shoot at the enemy." I don't lie when I say I don't miss much. And PJ uses fucking SRANKS. SRanks, and Bringer's Rifle. NO HIT%S KTHNXBAI FAILED.

I'll quit PSO when you admit RAmarls aren't so hot.

EDIT: The only thing PJ uses that has Hit%, is his Berserk Vulcans. Those are nice.

Get out of Forest, maybe?

Does any class need more than 200 ATA? I don't miss that much with my FOmar, who doesn't even have maxxed ATA (I opted for max Luck instead). That's 150 ATA, base, in Ultimate Online

Mmm, literacy. Cause knowledge is power!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-05-22 13:00 ]</font>

meimeilee
May 22, 2006, 03:38 PM
i think ramarl is a good class just becuase of her high mst like hunewearl and there high atp as well as there accuracy(even though ramarl outshines here there)they both can double as a fo when needed and cane become hu/ra when fighting melee the truly do outshine the rest of the class's as for the fo class i would say a good lvl fomarl will do cause of the high atp and mst

Jive18
May 22, 2006, 05:33 PM
Well, I was going to defend myself from a much earlier comment, but this thread has already gone to hell, so...

Deathwalk28
May 23, 2006, 07:19 AM
Noone's posted today? Fine. I'll be happy to do so. Although my character playing has been dominated by a single character, I wish to offer my opinions on what I have played.

1. HUmar - Go on, say it. He sucks. I completely disargee, and besides, these are my opinions. On solo, he is a massive beast. Because I've played him so long, I was almost shocked by my fiancee's comments about having to go to the surface to buy more items. The only time I'd have to go up is to get rid of items or if I ran out of mates / fluids. He seems to earn heavy disrespect in challenge mode, which I understand. I don't say he's an amazing C-Moder, but I realize his weaknesses. In a team, my HUmar usually deals most of the damage to the enemies. Not saying my teams have been awful, but my HUmar usually stands between the line of enemies and the core of our team. Add on the self-reliance he has, and he almost seems amazing to me.

2-3 *TIE* HUcaseal, HUcast: While my HUcaseal and HUcast are still gaining dust, they aren't so bad. Their solo skills aren't that great, as I find myself transferring plenty of money to cover the mate expenses and so on. They do nearly the same as the HUmar, battle-wise, but without the techs, which I find myself missing most of the time. They make up for their lacking in my eyes in C-Mode, as they both excel in that department. I just can't bring myself to play as them as often because of the fact that I'll need to pipe up so much.

4. FOmar - I just began to warm up to my FOmar. Nothing says "Hello!" in team or solo like a nice warm gizonde knocking down your opponents. I'm still learning teamplay, and C-Mode, so I'll call this class assessment incomplete. Otherwise, a decent solo character.

5-8 *TIE* Fomarl, FOnewm, FOnewearl, HUmarl - Haven't played them, really.

9 - RAcast - Dunno... I have one of these, but haven't played them... And can't warm up to the rangers at all.

10-12 RAmarl, RAmar, RAcaseal - I can't warm up to rangers...

RadiantLegend
May 23, 2006, 09:14 AM
I can play, too.

gonna take time out of my schedule to hunt a ridiculously rare, crappy statted useless shield just for my ATA number to go up. At 191 ATA, HUcast doesn't actually need more ATA.RAcast at 224 does not have enough, so no. Get out of Forest, maybe?
I play mostly Desert, I outdamage HUcasts because they miss so much.

I've said this hundreds of times, but
HUcast: 1000-1300-MISS
RAmarl: 800-800-1500
We all know who wins.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif but a ramar would still be able to out dmg you...
(btw what weapons and conditions are these based on)

Hrith
May 23, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-05-22 12:48, PJ wrote:
Cause knowledge is power!In your case, ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance of the game itself, which is dire in such a dicussion. And I'm probably understating.
With 250 ATA (effective, not base), and using hard-hard-special, you have over 90% chance of missing all attacks in GDV, Tower or Desert. This is a fact.
So yeah, you are a pseudo non-conformist fanboy.

You're free to dislike RAmarl and love HUmar, but trying to say the best class in the game sucks only makes you appear like an immature fool seeking attention.

The fact is, RAmarl does outdamage HUmar by a lot and very easily.
Yes HUmar and RAmarl have the same DFP, for instance, and yes it's a lot better on the RAmarl, because all other stats have to be taken into account. Singling out a statistic makes any argument irrelevant, as long as people do not understand that, they won't hold any credibility, so good job on your signature.

The only class RAmarl may not outdamage is HUcast, if he has awesome weapons with hit% (Zanba, Excalibur and such). But with the same weaponry, RAmarl does better, in areas where monsters have significant EVP.
Apart from this situation with the HUcast, RAmarl is the best damage dealer.
From a pragmatic standpoint, this makes six classes absolutely and completely useless. That does not mean RAcaseal or HUnewearl, in my case, aren't fun classes to play with.

I did not take two RAmarls to Lv 200 because she's the best character, but because it's the class I have the most fun with, just how you play mostly with a FOmar and a HUmar, I assume.

Aim > Those aren't in-game figures, just an example to illustrate my point. If I was to take in-game figures, the gap would lean in favour of the RAmarl even more.
And no, RAmar would not outdamage her, not in the long run, because he has bad DFP, bad EVP, bad MST/Resta (=bad Berserker), bad animations, bad equipment choice, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2006-05-23 07:47 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
May 23, 2006, 09:47 AM
>_< scratch that idea.

You might be able to out damage most people you play with. But if a person is skilled at other classes such as ramars or racast they can out damage any ramarl.

And its not just the skill, its also knowing the enemies and how to evade their attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragolismine on 2006-05-23 08:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragolismine on 2006-05-23 08:17 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 23, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-05-23 07:44, Kef wrote:
Ignorance of the game itself, which is dire in such a dicussion. And I'm probably understating.
With 250 ATA (effective, not base), and using hard-hard-special, you have over 90% chance of missing all attacks in GDV, Tower or Desert. This is a fact.
So yeah, you are a pseudo non-conformist fanboy.
Singling out an area makes any argument irrelevant.

And who does hard-hard-special?

And no, RAmar would not outdamage her, not in the long run, because he has bad DFP, bad EVP, bad MST/Resta (=bad Berserker), bad animations, bad equipment choice, etc.
Your lack of consistent arguments make everything you say completely moot. It's almost sad, really.

Oh, and lawl, my racast berserks with a works guard, and he's not even halfway to 200. I have yet to die from berserk in the year of 2006, and maybe once or twice in 2005.

Clover
May 23, 2006, 12:19 PM
I was thinking I'd just let this die. But it lives on it seems. <_<

On 2006-05-22 12:44, Saiffy wrote:
Read posts much. This didn't start til someone had the balls to say HUmars are just terrible, without even playing one. Stupid, yes? It's like saying a console sucks without ever owning, playing or seeing one. It's just ignorant.

Here's the problem. I've played with plenty, many being excellent players. I have seen myself how they perform. They mostly get outdamaged by other hu/ras except for hunewearls. Here they don't even do significantly more damage while sacrifing abilities to pseudo-Force. I guess it's up to you but while playing on my droids I'd rather have 2 good restas around than a good resta and bad resta but one character can do about 50 more damage a hit. But maybe if played one myself he'd do double the damage, hit three times as much, resta for more than a fonewearl, and cast telepipes strait to the boss. I guess I don't know about that.

Implications.
Sorry but, there's not an implication on saying I don't think a class is good to I think they're all noobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clover on 2006-05-23 10:21 ]</font>

PJ
May 23, 2006, 03:35 PM
On 2006-05-23 07:44, Kef wrote:
non-conformist fanboy

Oxymoron? I thought everyone knew what the definiton of a fanboy is. How can you be a non-conformist fanboy?

Dumb.

How does DFP, EVP, or bad Resta make someone a worse berserker? A ranger berserker goes from a distance, so DFP and EVP are useless, and a Force can easily heal them continuesly. Or maybe just me. A PJ can heal them continuesly. Same thing. So, RAmar with better ATA, ATP is a better berserker.

EDIT: If you don't believe me about my ability to hit, or my ability to heal with my hindered range, ask Saiffy. He has more credibility than me, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-05-23 13:39 ]</font>

Skorpius
May 23, 2006, 08:03 PM
I wish everyone would stop overexaggerating the differences between characters to justify their preferences in these kinds of topics. It misleads players who aren't as experienced in the game to believe things that aren't true. PSO is about playing with others and having fun, not about attempting to make yourself look like top shit by "being leet". The only reason why these topics end up like this is because some people want to force their preferences as fact and attempt to do so by laying down their logic as if it's universal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-05-23 18:14 ]</font>

Nomahend
May 23, 2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah, im not even going to go into my opinons on specific details of classes.. here they are by tier... one class in each

Personal Enjoyment Scale:
Tier1: HUcaseal/RAmarl/FOmarl
Tier2: HUnewearl/RAcaseal/FOmar
Tier3: HUcast/RAmar/FOnewman
Tier4: HUmar/RAcast/FOnewearl

Ryna
May 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
Guys, this is just a thread for people wanting to post ranking lists. Even though arguing about which class is better maybe a natural extension of the original subject, it is considered off-topic for this thread. If you really want to argue about which class is better for a particular scenario, create a new thread.

EphekZ
May 23, 2006, 10:01 PM
well, I really love melee FO's with their awsome ability to support themselves but 163 ata really angers me at times. so IN MY OPINION melee fo's get, well, useless in ult mines and places with high evp(even caves is a hassle). FOnewms I have the most fun with becuase, even with their lack of support, there are merges for that sort of thing and can stil deal good damage offensivly. FOnewearls are good too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HU's they just kind of bore me, but if I were to pick i'd choose HUmars, even though I hate HUmars, I can still admit they're good classes and the creaters of PSO designed them to be that way. HUneysare fun and the support techs are nice. dont have much experience with the other two classes, but droids are better with guns anyways =P

RA's. Ive always been jealous of RAmarls, they're actually quite good everywhere, but I rate RAcaseals at the top becuase...(biased) they're awsome =P. RAmars are alright but a RA doesnt need the extra ata they get. RAcasts are good and all but I cant stand the clunk clunk clunk.

so yea. im biased in some of my opinions so what shoot me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-05-23 20:02 ]</font>

cherry
May 23, 2006, 10:18 PM
i think
1.FOmar
2.HUmar (what so bad about them?)
3.RAmar
4.FOnewy
5.Hunewy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cherry on 2006-05-23 20:20 ]</font>

MorningComet
May 23, 2006, 10:20 PM
HUcast and FOnewm for the win. There's a reason they're my main characters. HUcasts because of the insane atp and hp and FOnewms because they nuke the best of all the FO's

whiteninja
May 23, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-05-23 20:20, MorningComet wrote:
HUcast and FOnewm for the win. There's a reason they're my main characters. HUcasts because of the insane atp and hp and FOnewms because I think they nuke the best of all the FO's

Keep opinions as opinions. We don't need the Fonewearl vs. Fonewm debate, now do we? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nai_Calus
May 24, 2006, 03:37 AM
Outside of RAs, nobody should be leading with a Heavy attack anyway. Sure, I've pulled it off in Forest online with my HUmar, but would I try it elsewhere? Nah.

Not everyone plays BB/Ep4 == Ep4 arguments are not useful across all platforms. Heavenly/Arms means nothing on GC.

Playing a HU in Tower is a bad idea anyway. Sure, you can do it, but it's not at all an ideal situation and if you're trying not to be stupid you're probably going to miss out on most of the exp as the FOs and RAs waste things from rifle range or more before you can even dream of getting there while dodging Del Lily Megid and Meri balls. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Thus, useless example.

CCA is also a useless example. One might even get away sometimes with using Heavy-Heavy-Heavy there(I know few HUs who shortcut special attack on GC. I shorted it on BB when there were extra buttons, but on GC? Nah. Resta, Normal attack and Heavy attack) since you're better off with ranged weapons like Slicers and Handguns even as a HU due to the large areas making things spread out more, Zoas that jump back all the time and a boss that range is best for.

Desert, can't speak for. No USBB, not really interested, computer I use now can't run it anyway.

RAs and HUs do not play the same, comparing attack methods between them is useless. Yes, I do Heavy-Special-Special all the time on my RAmarl. I do not do that with my HUmar or FOmar, I lead with a normal and then two heavies. They do in fact have lower ATA than a RA, and what works for a RA, rather unsurprisingly, does not work for a HU or wannabe HU. X3

I don't recall anyone complaining and going 'man I wish you were a HUnewearl' the times I've played my HUmar as ghetto FO on a team of entirely androids. I recall rather people being glad someone was supporting at all in any way, and as consistently as I was. Sure, a HUnl would have had S/D, better J/Z and better Resta - But would she have used them? There's another factor, player. Not everyone understands the concept of support. A supporting HUmar who pays attention and devotes himself to the task of supporting the team is better than a HUnewearl who casts S/D on herself and doesn't bother to make sure she gets the other players, doesn't bother to J/Z and casts Resta when she feels like it...

Which makes all 'this class is better/that class sucks' arguments pointless and moot.

I play a shitty RAmarl. Eri isn't a high enough level to have decent enough stats and I clearly don't play her right because she often has problems my HUmar and FOmar didn't have at her level. Doesn't mean all RAmarls suck shit, just that I don't play her well and to her full potential.

I play what is in my opinion an awesome HUmar. Doesn't mean all HUmars are awesome, a fair number of them do suck ass, but in my hands with me knowing what I'm doing and what I'm capable of, I do damn well.

Sure, one can say that stat-wise FOnl is a better supporter than FOmar... But what if you have an awesome FOmar who devotes himself to support and takes it up the butt for the team and spams support like it's going out of style, and a FOnl who isn't paying attention and is eating dinner and watching anime while she plays? Or worse, does nothing but spam Megid and doesn't care at all?

All classes own, all classes fail, it depends on the situation and the player. I don't take HUs to Tower, I've realized that no, I really can't melee in Seabed with my FOmar, I never even really tried to take my RAmarl through c-mode. There's a time and a place for every class type. Note I say type. There's a time for HUs, there's a time for RAs, there's a time for FOs, there's a time when all three or only two are needed/wanted, there's even times when you want four of each, I'm sure. (Not sure when it is for four Forces, but what the hell. I'm sure it exists. Somewhere in cmode maybe if you can find enough fluids)

That said, my ranking... Is different depending on what we're talking about! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fun!:

1. FOmar! Sure, they suck balls. Even I admit that. But they're damn fun. XD
2. HUmar! I enjoy my HUmar, damn it, I don't care if he's not 'perfect'! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
3. RAcast for the poomwin. The poom! The looks! The enjoyment! The poom! It's a good time.
4. HUcaseal! Less ATA and ATP and just about everything than a RAcast, but it sure is fun to use those animations of hers.
5. RAmarl! Sure, mine sucks. I have fun with her anyway, and it's funny to watch her smack things with an umbrella.
6. FOnewm! Those goofy looks, the nukage... It's a good time. I just like FOmars better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
7. FOnewearl! Short skirts for the win! Good in c-mode even if you don't know what the hell you're doing as a C-Fo! If I can Bu-EI it twice, anyone can! Maybe. >_>; As long as they don't take a shower in the middle of a stage. THAT MEANS YOU, EANAE. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
8. HUnewearl! Like a FOmar but more boring!
9. RAmar! Walking toilet! Like a RAmarl, sort of, but gets owned even harder! Mind you I probably should have levelled him more before taking him to Ult at such a painfully low level since he did find up until then!
10. RAcaseal! I'm making orders up now because we've reached the classes I hated the looks of and couldn't level past like, 40 before I got utterly bored and sick of looking at them! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
11. FOmarl! I don't like the way she runs or attacks, but she's OK? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Too much like a FOmar though! Don't need two of the same thing. :<
12. HUcast! I'd rather use a RAcast for the poom and the RA weapons or a HUcl for the animations. :< DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE HAPPY FUN POOM. :<

C-mode:

1. HUcaseal
2. FOnewearl
3. HUcast
4. FOmarl
5. FOnewm
6. FOmar
7. RAcast/RAcaseal/HUmar
10. RAmar
11. HUnewearl
12. RAmarl

Looks:

1. FOmar
2. HUmar
3. RAmarl
4. RAcast
5. HUcaseal
6. FOnewm
7. FOmarl
8. RAcaseal
9. HUnewearl
10. RAmar
11. FOnewearl
12. HUcast

Stats:

Irrelevant.

Anyway, all RAs are equal when you bring 381% Hit Yasminkov 9000Ms with Charge special into the mix. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll say it for you, Kef. n.n

<Kefka> Ian, you utterly and totally spectacularily ph4il, and you're completely wrong on all counts.

Shar
May 24, 2006, 05:02 AM
C-mode:

1. FOnewearl
2. HUcaseal
3. HUcast
4. FOnewm
5. FOmarl
6. HUmar
7. FOmar
8. RAcaseal
9. RAcast
10. HUnewearl
11. RAmar
12. RAmarl

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neith
May 24, 2006, 06:44 AM
If you're not a RA, you shouldn't be using H-H-S combos. In CCA, with 195 base ATA, my HUnewearl misses 80% of the time with L-H-H with the first Hard hit, especially on Gibbons.

Anyway, I fail to see the sense in arguing over character classes. Most of it is based on player- I've played with a LOT of terrible FOnewearls, and a lot of awesome HUmars. Each character class is designed to be used a different way, and it's upto the player to experiment and see what suits him/her.

I personally like using HUnewearl- her ATP/ATA may be low, but I have the advantage of female-only equipment, as well as reliable Lv20 techs to keep my team going, especially if there isn't a FO. I like the idea that I can 'become' a stand-in FO if needed, whilst still being able to tank damage/deal it out. For me, that ability completely overrides her low ATP. Yes, missing can be a little frustrating, but I picked a HUnter, not a RAnger, I expect to miss now and then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I still find it amusing that people argue over this. We all know RAmarl is the easiest class to solo with, no questions asked. Hell, I hate RAmarls, but they ARE easy to play. Apart from that, all character comparisons are purely statistic based, which mean nothing if the player using the character is rubbish.

sprky585
May 24, 2006, 06:59 AM
RACAST all the way baby!

Dana
May 24, 2006, 07:54 AM
I still find it amusing that people argue over this. We all know RAmarl is the easiest class to solo with, no questions asked. Hell, I hate RAmarls, but they ARE easy to play. Apart from that, all character comparisons are purely statistic based, which mean nothing if the player using the character is rubbish.
T_T

and >_> it is H S S http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Different classes are better are different thing, it is hard to rank them in such a way that is general. Soloing, we all know RAml, HUnl, FOne etc etc

Team games depend too, and depend on the team, RAcls are great, all droids are *coughnotcastsewwwwwwcough* and Fos to, It also depends on the player using the class.

A fo isnt nice, if all they do is spam RAfoie and megid

How does DFP, EVP, or bad Resta make someone a worse berserker? A ranger berserker goes from a distance, so DFP and EVP are useless, and a Force can easily heal them continuesly. Or maybe just me. A PJ can heal them continuesly. Same thing. So, RAmar with better ATA, ATP is a better berserker.

O_o Do you even beserk? Because, i notice a hell of a lot. DFP is a lot ore useful than evp is. Much more reliable. >_> And why do you think we all rely on the Fo to resta us. If you cant beserk on your own >_> dont do it at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2006-05-24 06:00 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 24, 2006, 08:25 AM
PJ and I should make a video, of us duoing, me spamming berserk, and him being the best FO you'll ever play with.

Seriously, I can see people paling in comparison compared to him, since I do and a lot of other people I know, but if your main character is a FO, there's no excuse being an absolutely shitty one(People bitch about them, but used them in arguments, just like HUcaseal traps in c-mode! They only use them in arguments http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

PJ
May 24, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-05-24 05:54, Dana_ranger wrote:
O_o Do you even beserk? Because, i notice a hell of a lot. DFP is a lot ore useful than evp is. Much more reliable. >_> And why do you think we all rely on the Fo to resta us. If you cant beserk on your own >_> dont do it at all.

You notice a lot more damage with more defense? Really? Where did I argue about DFP being better than EVP?

And yeah, surprisingly, I do berserk. As a FOmar

Nai_Calus
May 24, 2006, 05:01 PM
And I as a FOmar continue to refuse to believe you can actually hit with it. GET OUT OF FOREST/OFFLINE. XD

Shit, I can't hit reliably with specials with Zero in online Forest using a fragging Red Ring.

PJ
May 24, 2006, 05:22 PM
The FOmar wasn't the point Ian http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xxTrystanxx
May 24, 2006, 05:47 PM
One of the people I regularly play with is a lvl 180-ish FOmar who uses S-Rank Twin with Berserk. He definitely hits with it. Sure, perhaps not in online Ep. 2, but it definitely tears up ALL of Ep. 1.

Ryna
May 24, 2006, 06:31 PM
I guess a couple of people can't take hints and stay on topic. Well, it is time to close this one then.