PDA

View Full Version : Small kwesshun.

-Klaus-
May 20, 2006, 08:10 PM
http://naomi.thewafflehouse.net/gallery/index.php?file=./PSU/velocity7/20060510/psu20060508_214908_004.jpg

Roughly how much did that shirt-thing cost? I heard clothes in PSU are very expensive >.>;

linkzone
May 20, 2006, 08:45 PM
im hoping shirts and stuff wont be too expensive. like in PSO it was what? 10000m to change your appearance. i hope this isnt nothing like that much.

REJ-
May 20, 2006, 08:48 PM
In PSO, money was nearly worthless, so you could just change outfits whenever you wanted. In PSU, it's actually worth something, so in a way, it is expensive.

Axios-
May 20, 2006, 08:54 PM
I actually like how expensive I'm told these clothes are. Sure, no matter what you'll have your lookalikes, but it'd be nice if those lookalikes weren't just any random new character.

Ryna
May 20, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-05-20 18:10, -Klaus- wrote:
http://naomi.thewafflehouse.net/gallery/index.php?file=./PSU/velocity7/20060510/psu20060508_214908_004.jpg

Roughly how much did that shirt-thing cost? I heard clothes in PSU are very expensive >.>;

According to my notes, that shirt was 40,000 meseta. The pants were 8,000 meseta. I believe the boots were 10,000. It looks like he bought everything at the Guardian Colony shop.

Trying to raise 58,000 meseta in the early days of the beta was quite a challenge. It became easier as the boss stages were unlocked, but it still took sometime to raise that much.

_Tek_
May 20, 2006, 08:59 PM
Nothing a that few weeks of playing can't handle

Ryna
May 20, 2006, 09:09 PM
On 2006-05-20 18:59, _Tek_ wrote:
Nothing a that few weeks of playing can't handle

Once the full game comes out, it shouldn't be too hard to raise that much meseta. As long as you do boss runs with a good group and sell off any extra weapons you find, it should take a few days at most.

Side Note: The dress that Kyori is wearing in the background cost 12,000 meseta.

-Klaus-
May 20, 2006, 09:19 PM
Ahhh I see... Sounds affordable, I'd think. Well, I consider meseta being harder to obtain a good thing, for now anyways.

Ryna
May 20, 2006, 09:23 PM
On 2006-05-20 19:19, -Klaus- wrote:
Ahhh I see... Sounds affordable, I'd think. Well, I consider meseta being harder to obtain a good thing, for now anyways.

In terms of the in-game currency, Phantasy Star Universe is an expensive game compared to Phantasy Star Online. Raising meseta is harder and there is a lot on which you can spend it.

Dre_o
May 20, 2006, 09:28 PM
Ryna just said what came to my mind.

Yes you can spend a week earning money for NOTHING but the clothes BUT......would you REALLY want to spend all that money on CLOTHES, not weapons/armor/materials for crafting/room stuff?

That is the choice right there. For battle or looks. Your choice.

JAR
May 20, 2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah I imagine I'll be blowing most of my cash on synthesising the next best weapon for my cast, come to think of it I don't know if clothing is even optional for androids.

-Klaus-
May 20, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-05-20 20:34, JAR wrote:
Yeah I imagine I'll be blowing most of my cash on synthesising the next best weapon for my cast, come to think of it I don't know if clothing is even optional for androids.

It pretty much isn't.

For what I know, you buy parts for androids... which i suppose could count as clothing? we'd have to look into it.

Shinjiro
May 20, 2006, 11:07 PM
I, myself, like how the clothes are more expensive... When you see someone, you can tell by their clothes how experienced they are by the meseta they have earned... Also, its more rewarding this way, when you work harder for clothing.

Tystys
May 20, 2006, 11:19 PM
Ugh....
I hope they have a sale at the clothing shop some time....I sure as hell don't want to spend that much money all the time for clothes, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Axios-
May 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
Remember, buy all of your clothes after Christmas.

-Klaus-
May 20, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-05-20 21:20, Axios- wrote:
Remember, buy all of your clothes after Christmas.

Or black friday >.>

If you can manage the lines. XD

Screenshot
May 20, 2006, 11:39 PM
On 2006-05-20 18:55, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-05-20 18:10, -Klaus- wrote:

According to my notes, that shirt was 40,000 meseta. The pants were 8,000 meseta. I believe the boots were 10,000. It looks like he bought everything at the Guardian Colony shop.

Trying to raise 58,000 meseta in the early days of the beta was quite a challenge. It became easier as the boss stages were unlocked, but it still took sometime to raise that much.I earned more then enough for it in one day, it wasn't that hard- considering all I did was dragon runs that day. If you spend say, 24 hours doing dragon A runs then you can earn around 125-180k. It does get boring though when your level is maxed out, and if a teamate dies then that doesn't help either. you can't see it in that screenshot but, I also bought a hat for 5,000 aswell. psu303-my-characters-last.png (http://www.user515314.xbox360forfree.net/user/psu303-my-characters-last.png)

Alisha
May 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
i imagine once the game comes out it will be easier to make money via synthing items and player run shops.yea it will take a long time to make money if your just doing missions and npc'ing stuff

Bastille
May 21, 2006, 02:37 AM
Anyone know how much the cat ears will cost?

_Tek_
May 21, 2006, 03:23 AM
I'm wondering how the collecting of the new costumes is done. Are they like items that you store in your bank, or when you buy them you have it unlocked forever?

I suppose it wouldn't matter, I doubt I'll go about collecting every single piece of clothing, just the one's I like.

What a silly question.

Oh, a good question about costumes is the CAST ones. I've seen pics where it looks like they've no armor in some spots. I saw an image of a cast with no upper armor on, just the legs, and it was in actual gameplay. What's with that?

I am aware of the stuff where all of your clothes are removed for like pools and such in lobbies, but in actual gameplay?

Inazuma
May 21, 2006, 03:29 AM
wearing clothes is optional, and that goes for every area, not just the onsen.

the cat ears is 5k meseta.

shirts, pants and shoes are actual items but headwear (cat ears, hats, glasses) are not items. youd have to spend 5k in the esute shop every time you wanted to change or add some head-type accessory.

Witchblade56
May 21, 2006, 03:56 AM
ROFL Axios,

If meseta farmers crop up here i think theres a decent way to stifle them in game. If I recall reading the posts you make your party that you want to take into the various areas no? I dont know of many gil farmers in FFXI that take the time to craft or get crafts up to high enough levels to make decent gil. They mostly camp all the NMs in the game thereby making it hard for the rest of us to get what we want by just farming. I'm sure then could figure out something but i think people would quickly find ways of choking off the revenue for them. Wish it were that easy here in FFXI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I for one intend to spend a great deal of effort into making my PM as high a level as possible. Alot of my friends in FFXI are old school PSO players too and are intending to play PSU during non event nights together. I plan to be the crafter type person for our guild. I used to raise mags like crazy for trade in PSO GC. That stopped as soon as the hacking started :/

After having read the thread on synths and how you can only synth a finite number of items per recipe/program it can be worked out to have just one person craft for the guild. That's not to say that others shouldnt level their PMs. I just really enjoy crafting *shrug* I think on the flip side of the coin theres the time required to synth an item if your PM isnt high enough level.

Crafting seems the way to go to make meseta in PSU. I dont make boat loads of gil FFXI crafting but i have been able to afford [after saving] very high ticket items etc. You can then sell that high ticket item in a bazaar to purchase something else in FFXI that you want or that someone else is selling. I would be greatly interested in seeing if you can sell stuff in an online type shop/bazaar in PSU. The economic angle of things is of interest to me in PSU. It opens up another level of playing that wasnt really available in PSO.

Leveling your PM seems like a slower process so far as i have been able to discern in the forums. I'm also wondering if it's possible to synth clothing as well in PSU? It seems like you can synth everything else from weapons to certain armors. I understand that there are certain limitations to playing a beta version of the game. It might not be a feature available in the beta. Any input on this would be appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-05-21 02:07 ]</font>

-Klaus-
May 21, 2006, 12:31 PM
I hope female casts will have some parts that at least resemble skirts or something. =< it would suck if I could only equip armor-type things for looks on my cast.

Bastille
May 21, 2006, 12:49 PM
Considering that in order to kill monsters, you have to do form a party (most likely solo to get the most cash) and then repeat it several times to make mass meseta, I don't think farming will have much effect on the economy of PSU since everyone has equal chance to kill things by just doing runs by themselves if they want.

Alisha
May 21, 2006, 03:08 PM
On 2006-05-21 10:31, -Klaus- wrote:
I hope female casts will have some parts that at least resemble skirts or something. =< it would suck if I could only equip armor-type things for looks on my cast.

they do but unfortunately the skirt is attached to one of the leg options

Eihwaz
May 21, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-05-21 01:29, Inazuma wrote:
wearing clothes is optional, and that goes for every area, not just the onsen.

So, if you wanted to, you could explore the planets and kill stuff wearing just the kinda undergarments that people wear under their clothes? The little two piece thing?

Bastille
May 21, 2006, 03:38 PM
Nothing like fighting in underwear...

Never mind the fact that most underwear isn't designed to be used as armor in combat and in the real world would probably fall off after you take a few hits

Axios-
May 21, 2006, 03:41 PM
I would love to see someone pop a couple caps off at someone only to see them deflected by the elastic waistband of doom.

mechatra
May 21, 2006, 03:56 PM
New - hunters jockstrap with built in shield line system.

XD

Danger_Girl
May 21, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-05-21 13:38, Bastille wrote:
Nothing like fighting in underwear...

Never mind the fact that most underwear isn't designed to be used as armor in combat and in the real world would probably fall off after you take a few hits

Thats what garter belts are for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Danger_Girl on 2006-05-21 14:05 ]</font>

Bastille
May 21, 2006, 04:26 PM
But I'd like my PSU to feature destroyable outfits <_<

Granted doing that would make the game M, and available in japan only...

_Tek_
May 21, 2006, 04:58 PM
When you create a character, what parts of it are permanent? Will we be able to change eye color or eyebrows? I assume the proportion and voice stays the same. I'm not all sure on it.

mechatra
May 21, 2006, 05:04 PM
I believe there was a cosmetics store on neudaiz in the beta where you could change skin tone, hair tone, colour of eyes - ect. but nothing was said about proportions or voice, so at the moment I wouldn't think those are changeable.